Missing Korea

To the Moon

I've been in America for a total of 2 and a half months at this point. July was coming to a close and it was HOT here! You didn't video chat Hakyeon as much as you wanted but when you did, it never lasted long because one of you would fall asleep.

You had also asked Jae Jung when he was planning on going home and he said that the plane we were going on was scheduled to go back to Korea sometime around the end of October. So... Yes, you were stuck here a while.

But it wasn't all bad. You met a lot of new people and though it was hard to communicate with them, you still made friends and were able to hang out with them often. You had to admit, the US was a beautiful place with a lot of interesting things. going back to Korea would be exciting but would bring back a bore. 

"____, let's go to the movies?" Your friend, Sarah, spoke through the phone. 

"Uh, movie?" Your English was improving as you used it more but it was still a struggle. 

"Yes!" 

"No, I can not." You sighed. "Acting classes, I have them." 

"Oh, I see. See you later then?" 

"Yes, yes." 

"Bye!"

You hung up, glancing at the front of the small acting school. These weren't as fun as the ones in Korea and you found yourself longing for those classes again. But, you made do with what you had and did it to the best of your advantage. 

Letting out another sigh, you entered the school and found the room, remembering to wave and smile at people instead of bowing your head since that wasn't how people were greeting in America. 

"Welcome, ____. Let's start class." Your teacher returned a wave and pointed to you to get into formation. 

Here we go. 

--

"___? How is America?" Your director sounded a little too cheerful on the other end of the phone. 

"Can I come back yet?" 

"Actually, I'm trying to get you back a little early." 

"WHAT? Really?" You jumped up from you seat, recieving a shocked look from Jae Jung. 

"Yes."

"What made you change your mind?" You sat back down, not wanting to be upset if he changed his mind. 

"Some big time dramas want you as a support role, a role better than the extra roles you've been doing. I told you that going to America with Jae Jung would be a great idea." 

"But I've only been here 2 months?" 

"Companies are like that." He sighed. "Plus, you have a high demand over here. Lots of fans of Jae Jung want to see his girlfriend act for real to see if you are 'worthy' of Jae Jung so companies are trying to get you in." 

"Wow, cool." You sighed. "I'm not winning them over with talent, I'm just using Jae Jung." 

"I told you that you would be. Jae Jung is a stepping stool for you. Show them how good your acting is and then I bet you'll go places with your acting alone. Do you believe me?" 

"Not really but I'll try too." You smiled a little. 

"Hm, okay." The director paused a second before continuing. "I recieved a call from Jellyfish a couple nights ago." 

"Jellyfish? Why?" You crossed your leg over your other leg, interested. "Why? I haven't been near Cha Hakyeon, obviously." 

"I know that." He answered quickly. "But the call kind of had me thinking." 

"About what?" You pressed for more details. "What'd they call for?" 

"They want you to consider filming a music video with VIXX when you get back." 

"Why? You tried so hard to keep me from VIXX, hell, even their director tried too, thus why I'm under you, so why would I go back to them? Who makes this decision now?"

"They did." He sighed once more. "It's to clear your past completely with them. People are still saying you and VIXX hang out secretly and date and all that. Making a video with them would add a positive to the negative history and hopefully help clear some of that talk up." 

But we are dating. Heh. "Sure it will." You nodded, uncrossing your legs. "Not as interesting as I thought this conversation would be." 

"That's all I have to say. I'm hanging up then." He hung up after his words, leaving me with no room to complain. 

You dropped the phone onto the couch cushion beside you and looked to Jae Jung. "I might get to leave you early." 

"Good." Jae Jung went back to looking at his own phone. "I'm tired of your scowls." 

"Same goes for you!" You countered, turning up the TV and then remembering you couldn't understand half of it anyways so you turned it back down. "Screw America right now. English is too hard." 

"It's because you didn't take classes since you were young." He sighed. "Most idols do that, or at least a little before they debut." 

"I'm not an idol." 

"Say what you want..." He mumbled. "Hey, look, VIXX has news of a tour coming up." 

"Tour?" You raised an eyebrow. 

"It's scheduled for November, no sites decided yet though." 

"Oh, cool, Hakyeon will just travel even further from me even MORE!" You rolled your eyes. "But good for VIXX." 

"Your fault for dating an idol." 

Your phone went off with the little facetime ring and you got excited, glancing at the clock. It's only 9pm so it must be... 10am there? I think? 

You scurried into your room and shut the door, answering the call quickly. "No warning this time?" You laughed as Hakyeon's face appeared on the small screen. 

He smiled widely. "Oops. I half expected you to be out or sleeping."

"Nah, I always wait for a call from you around this time. Though it is rare you actually call, I still wait." You lied down on your stomach on the bed and smiled. "I'm just happy you actually called." 

"Not for long but I did." He nodded, glancing behind his shoulder. "The other members went to go find something to eat before rehearsal." 

"I don't care." You shook your head. "Is it boring without me?" 

"Of course. Who do I sneak around with now?" He joked. 

"Uh, still me." 

"Right..." 

And right here is the issue. We run out of things to talk about so quickly. We know the basis of what each other does every day so no use in repeating events already known. 

"VIXX is going on a tour in November." Hakyeon spoke again after a moment of silence. 

"I heard from Jae Jung a few minutes ago. Where are you going?" 

"I dunno." He shrugged. "Not decided yet." 

"Oh." You gave him a funny look. "Odd. Why announce it without set places?" 

"I thought it was dumb too. It's all for hype though." 

"I assumed as much." 

You heard a door open from his end and watched him turn to look at the door. "The members just returned." He turned back to you, frowning. This is way too soon... Come on... "I'll call you soon." 

"Sure, I'll be waiting." You say you'll call soon but then you don't call for weeks... But it's not your fault. 

"I love you." He blushed a little and hung up before you could respond. 

You sighed and felt your ears heat up. It's still so odd to hear him say those words... My heart isn't use to it yet. Leaving your phone on the bed, you got up and joined Jae Jung back in the living room. 

"That was short." Jae Jung commented as he played that same game on his phone that he always played. 

"I know. It seems to be getting shorter and shorter everytime." You grumbled, staring at the TV at all the unfamiliar actors doing whatever it was that they were doing. American TV seemed boring but I can't tell completely because I don't understand it. "Do you understand this stuff?" 

"Some of it. I'm not completely fluent." He admitted. "If you're wondering if American TV is entertaining, it's not. Korean TV is better, by far." 

"It's like you can read my mind sometimes." You glared at him. 

"Well, you're predictable sometimes." 

"Mhm. I bet I am." 

You stared at the floor. 

I wonder if Wonsik is still my friend... I really miss talking to him... 

I'll need to get in touch with him somehow as well. 

 

 

Moving through this part of the story rather quickly, but I like it that way. (I just have even more writer's block with her in America tbh). Thanks for reading and subscribing! I'm trying my best to write longer chapters on such a tight schedule... But a little hint hint was dropped in this chapter. Pretty easy to pick out... :) ~PandaBiscuit~