Couple Rings

To the Moon

Tae Hee was reported and since it has been long since the incident happened, she won't be investigated much and instead put under watch with a mark on her license for criminal behavior. 

VIXX had their comeback with Only U and Voodoo, which was released and performed yesterday, November 25th, in Seoul. Things were crazy lately so the days seemed to fly by faster than they have before. 

"___-ah, should we go shopping?" Ha Yi peeked in your room as you watched dramas on your laptop. "Dramas? I thought you stopped watching those?" 

"I did." You mumbled.

"Are you still hung over about your break up with Hakyeon?" Ha Yi sat beside you on your bed and shut your laptop. 

You glared at her. "Yah, you just shut my laptop."

"No, I thought I opened it." Ha Yi mocked. "Why don't you just talk to Hakyeon then? Maybe you guys can mend the relationship. It's nearly been a week already." 

"I ended it because I couldn't trust him or understand why he still kept something so important from me to protect that person." You went to open your laptop but she put it under your bed. "Come on. This is my only time to watch dramas."

"You should be sleeping." Ha Yi sighed. "Should I talk to Hakyeon then?" 

"No." I'm a person without a wall now. I let go of my dad because Hakyeon told me to and then he became my wall. But I've pushed him away and now my wall crumbled. What am I supposed to do? I can't go back to him. Just because you cement a wall together doesn't mean it won't break again. "I can't go back to him in the same state I left him in." 

"Then progress!" Ha Yi frowned. "He won't wait forever, ____. You know that." 

You hung your head slightly and sighed. "What am I supposed to do?" 

"Go talk to Tae Hee and ask her if she has contact with Hakyeon." 

"What would that do? Sure, I'm a little skeptical about his true feelings for Tae Hee but the main issue is that I can't trust him to tell me things that I need to know." 

"Well you'll never trust someone by sitting around and waiting for the other to make the move." Ha Yi stood, tossing the laptop back on the bed. "You're on your own, ____. I can't do much for you with this problem." Ha Yi left almost too quickly. 

What am I supposed to say? I'm the one that ended it. 

--

The manager glanced at you before sighing and motioning you forward. "____, are you and Hakyeon still broken up?"

"How do you know these things?" You lowered your eyes a bit.

"Hongbin was in the room with Hakyeon when you two broke up. Everyone knows. Plus, the air in the room whenever you two are near each other isn't good anymore." He mumbled. "Was it worth it?" 

"Huh?" You looked at him. 

"Was it worth it? You two are so young to break up so soon in your relationship." 

"Could you date someone you don't trust?" 

"I'm not asking if it was right or wrong for you to do it. I'm just asking if it was worth all this hurt." He put a hand on your shoulder. "Hakyeon is hurting a lot lately and I can tell you are too. It's a pain to see you both like this, the boys feel this too." 

"Should I request vacation then?" You ducked your head slightly. 

He chuckled and stepped away from you, watching as the boys wrapped up their show recording for the day. "The director knows that you're false." 

"WHAT? Why are you just now saying this?" You stared at him in horror. "Am I going to get fired? Since when?" 

"Because it just now came to mind. But, he knew since the beginning. He's been watching you and he likes you. He thinks you have true potential to become a good manager, that's why he kept you. He knows you were once dating Hakyeon and he wasn't worried about Hakyeon's or VIXX's image being ruined because he knew you were smarter than that." 

"Oh..." You nodded. "So he's not going to fire me?"

He chuckled. "No, you're still in, no worries." 

You smiled. If I lost this job... Not only would I have to move back to Suwon and be broke again but... I'd have no reason to see Hakyeon personally anymore. That's just as bad as being dead. 

"Nice, nice." The manager entered the dance room where the boys had shot the show. "Should we order take out or head to the meat shop?"

"Take out!" The boys all answered at once, Taekwoon just nodding at their answer.

"I think they want take out." The manager laughed, looking at you. "Can you do that for us?" 

You nodded, knowing just what the boys wanted since you order for them all the time. You left the room and pulled out your phone, pulling up the Chinese food number and was about to press call when Hakyeon approached you. Why does he seem so frightening to be around now? He was once an idiot that you picked on all the time but now... He seems like someone who you couldn't talk to without having the police called on you. Like a real idol...

"Don't order for me. I'm meeting with someone for dinner." He mumbled, not meeting your gaze at all. 

"W-why?" You mumbled, watching him walk out of the hall you were in and into the elevator.  

Why is he going out all the sudden? Did he get a new girlfriend? Is it Tae Hee? 

You popped your head back into the studio. "You'll have to call, I got to run and go get my wallet, I'll pick it up on the way back if need be." You lied as you bolted down the hall and into a separate elevator to get to ground level.

I swear if he's with another girl already I'll kill them both...You stormed out of the elevator and out of the building, seeing him put up his hoodie as he walked along the crowded sidewalk. You followed quickly behind him, keeping a safe distance.

You ended up following him pretty far but you made sure to keep at where you were going. Where is this idiot going? 

You saw him stop and you reacted quickly by stopping a distance back, rubbing your arms from the cold. I was in such a hurry to bust his that I forgot my coat. 

He turned and looked around, you standing next to someone and using them as something to hide behind, recieving dirty looks from them. "Just for a second..." You smiled at them. 

Hakyeon seemed to spot someone and walked your direction, passing you, and standing in front of a lady that you knew too well. Mom? What the hell? Why is he meeting with my mom? 

"Hakyeon! I didn't know you were already here." She smiled at him.

"I didn't want to keep you waiting, it's cold out here. Don't you think we should've met inside somewhere?" Hakyeon spoke casually with her. 

What is going on? Why my mom? 

"Did sh..." Hakyeon nodded his head at her before she could finish. "Did you do well at your concert? I heard VIXX released two new songs." 

"We released Only U about a week ago and then Voodoo yesterday. We'll be getting busy from now on." Hakyeon laughed. 

Your phone rang suddenly and you struggled to answer it, hissing into the phone. "What?" 

"____? Why are you talking like that?" Wonsik pretended to be baffled. 

"Never mind. What is it?" You sighed, keeping your voice down and turning your back to Hakyeon. 

"The manager said not to worry about Chinese food, he called and he's having them deliver. You can come back now." 

"Okay thanks, I'll be there soon." You hung up quickly and peeked back around, your mother and Hakyeon were moving a crossed the street. 

Yah, who are you to be meeting with my mom? You followed them quickly and hesitated outside as they went into a cafe. Why am I following them anyways? It's not like he's doing something wrong... 

You sighed and rubbed your face. "I'm crazy." You mumbled, turning on your heels and heading the way you came.

Your phone rang again as you crossed the street, it being your mother this time. You answered it calmly. "Yes?" 

"Where are you right now?" She mumbled into the phone. 

"Chasing ducks, it seems." You grumbled. "Why?" 

"Do you want to have a meal with me? I'm in Seoul. It'll be only a little meal because I'm at a cafe." 

Is she trying to trick me into seeing Hakyeon? Too bad I don't want to see him. "I'm busy, you know." 

"Just this once. I want to see my daughter. You said that you were trying to get along with me, remember?" 

"Are you trying to hold this over my head?" You found yourself turning back around and crossing the street again. "Anyways, while I was chasing ducks I happened to see you at the cafe, look, I'm right outside. I'll eat with you, only this once." 

You hung up. I want to know why Hakyeon was with my mother. You entered the cafe and found your mother, seating yourself beside her with no signs of Hakyeon. Where'd he go? 

You glanced around suspiciously for a moment before smiling at your mother. "So why'd you want me all the sudden? You didn't see me before?" 

She smiled at you. "I did. Thank you for coming." 

You looked out the window in time to see Hakyeon's figure making his way a crossed the street and down the way he came. What? 

"Yah, spill it, why were you with my ex-boyfriend?" You turned to her. "And why did he disappear when I came in?" 

"Hakyeon wanted to give you something but he told me that he couldnt do it face-to-face with you. So he called me out here and told me that he'd get you to follow him here. It was a win-win for both of us. He would then able to give you what he wanted to and I would be able to see and have a meal with you again. He left these before disappearing." 

She put two familiar rings in your hand, your heart dropped as you stared at the two rings sitting in the palm of your hand. He's not going to wait for me, is he? I screwed up... Didn't I? You closed your hand around the two rings and held them with all you had, trying so very hard not to lose it in front of your mother like this. "Thanks... I don't think I want to talk today." You stood up, putting the rings in your pocket and staring at the couple ring you still wore on your finger. "How about some other time?" 

She watched as you left, smiling as if she knew this was going to happen. Maybe she planned that too. But either way, I'm pretty sure they just shattered everything I had left in me. They just shattered it completely. 

You picked up the pace and ran back the way you came, somehow remembering how to get back without thinking about it. You slowed to a walk and walked into the company building, going to the nearest elevator. Don't show how hurt you are. Don't show it. 

You tore the ring on your finger off and held it tightly. Do you think these two rings can destroy me? I'm going to hurt you just the same. 

You stormed out of the elevator and down the hall towards the window at the end of the hall. Hakyeon just happened to be down that hall as well and stared at you as you went over to the window, opening it just a tiny bit. You took out his two rings and put them in the palm of your hand with your ring. Too late... He's going to see it.

He seemed to notice what you were doing and ran over to you, trying to snatch the rings before you could throw them out the window. You glared at him, fighting the tears that wanted to escape. "What? Now you want them back?" You hissed, gathering the attention of the other members and the manager. 

You moved your hand out the small crack in the window but Hakyeon reached out as well and grabbed your hand, yanking it back inside. "____, don't do this!" He pleaded you, trying to get you to open your palm. 

"Why do you want them so bad?" You trembled slightly. "You gave them back, why do you want them?"

"_____-ah!" Hakyeon yowled, trying to get your attention. 

You stopped fighting him and stared at him. "What do you want with them? You gave them back but why do you want them again?" You let him open your fist and take the rings. He even shut the window and stepped away from you. 

"I didn't give them back so that you can trash them like this!" He scolded. "Don't you have a heart?" 

"Don't you have a heart, Hakyeon?" You bit your lip. "Do you even know what it means to return these two rings?" He paused and stared at you like you were an alien. "It means, to me, that you aren't waiting for me!" 

The hall got dead silent and the other members couldn't help but look to each other in shock. "What?" Hakyeon gave you an odd look. 

You pointed at the rings in his hand, trembling slightly. "You returned those. It shows me you don't care anymore." You sighed, stepping back towards the window to get away from Hakyeon a bit. "But, it doesn't matter. I shouldn't be angry or upset like this because I'm the one that ended it. Just know, I don't want you to wait for me anymore. I can't trust you, I don't understand you, and... I don't even believe that you have feelings for me. Maybe you once did, probably, but now? I have no idea."

Hakyeon ducked his head as tears streamed down his face. "I didn't mean it like that..." He clenched his jaw to keep his voice from shaking. 

You hit his hand and watched as the three rings clattered a crossed the floor in different directions. "I don't care what you mean. Everything you say seems to be an accident." You shouldered past him and went back down the hall, turning into the girls' bathroom to take a moment to gather yourself before facing the boys. 

You the sink and splashed water onto your face. Why'd I have to cause a scene like that? I embarrassed not only myself but Hakyeon. Why am I so childish and dramatic? You frowned, drying your face with the paper towels. Anyways... I'm glad Hakyeon stopped me from throwing the rings. I was angry and acting rashly, what would I do when they were gone? I'll just go find the rings after I'm done in here and then I'll figure out what to do with them later... I don't want to part with my ring. I wish he didn't part with his. 

But... What did he mean by giving the rings back? He made an argument that he didn't mean it the way I accused him of. I wonder what he meant or if he just said that to try and get me to calm down... I wonder what his true feelings are towards me. He must still like me... Right? I still like him even though I'm the one that ended it, he can't be over me already, can he? 

Unless he never liked me... No, that's a lie. He liked me. If he didn't, then he wouldn't have told me that he loved me or even kissed me. If it's one thing I know for sure about Hakyeon, it's that he wouldn't play with someone's feelings like that. I know that for certain. 

Maybe I should just leave him alone for a while and take a vacation. Surely the director would allow me that since there's two VIXX managers? I don't know. I just feel like I need to get myself away from Hakyeon for a little bit so I can figure out these complicated things. I need to find a way to trust Hakyeon and I need to understand him, if I can't do that, then we'll never get back together... But even if I do somehow accomplish those things... I feel like he won't want to get back together with me anyways. I'm childish and I get jealous easily... Why would he want to be with someone like that? 

"Ms. _____?" A lady tapped on your shoulder, causing you to turn and look at her with surprise. "Kim Wonsik sent me in here to make sure you were alright." 

Wonsik? You nodded. "I'm fine, but, what's your name?" 

"My name?" She seemed shocked that I'd ask that. "Park Kyung Hye."

"Nice to meet you." You smiled. 

"But why did you need to know my name?" She stopped you as you started to leave the restroom. 

You shrugged. "It's always the nice thing to do when you don't know someone. See you around, Park Kyung Hye." Her name is a mouthful. 

You exited the restroom, nearly screaming in shock as Wonsik jumped out in front of you. "My ugly duck is alive!" 

"I need to get you a bell." You grumbled. "And who said I'm your duck?" 

"Fine, Seoul's duck. Wait, you came from Suwon so it's Suwon's duck. No, how about, Korea's duck." Wonsik sarcastically corrected himself. "Are you feeling okay? That fight looked intense." 

"Stop saying duck. But, yeah, I'm fine." You sighed, rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly. "I just hate how we had to gather attention." 

"Do you want to see a movie after my schedule is done?" 

You stared at him. "Are you asking me out on a date?" 

"Is everything a date to you?" He chuckled. "It can be a date if you want, though, I was aiming at just making you feel better." 

"Oh." You grew flustered at your own mistake. "Sure, we can do that." 

Wonsik gave you an 'ok' sign with his hands before leading you back into the practice room, the boys eating like nothing happened with the only exception of Hakyeon being gone. 

Wonsik sat down on the floor and patted the ground for you to sit, pushing a paper bag in front of you as you sat. "We ordered you food as well." Wonsik explained as he bit into an egg roll. "I just got you what I got, if you don't like it, Hyuk ordered the beef that you like." 

You nodded. "Thank you, Wonsik." 

He winked at you before he started to jab at Jaehwan who ate his food funny.

Wonsik is kind to me, it almost seems odd. But I don't mind. Knowing that the VIXX members care for me like a friend is more than enough to bring a smile to my face. 

But how will I face Hakyeon? There is no way he's going to date me even if I developed trust towards him again. 

I wonder if he took the rings... I feel like my hand is so empty without the small ring on it. I don't like the feeling of it being gone... 

--

Wonsik took you to the movies last night after he had wrapped up his schedule. It was a fairly decent movie the second time around. You didn't tell him that you've already seen it, but he enjoyed it so it made the experience worth while. 

This morning was odd from the start. Ha Yi didn't wake you up for work like usual, Ha Yi wasn't even home, and there was a few messages left on your phone from Hyun Bin and Hyun Shik. 

You had taken a shower and got dressed before checking the messages while you were heading out of the apartment. 

From: Hyun Bin

I'm coming to Korea today, do you want to be the first to welcome me? It'd look good to have such a pretty lady welcoming me. Oh! I have someone for you to meet as well. Let me know, I'll be boarding in an hour. If you don't read this before then, just know that the flight from China to Korea is about an hour and a half. 

From: Hyunnie

____!! Two things!! One, you and I should hang out soon, I have something huge to tell you. Two, Hyun Bin is coming to Korea! 

You exited the elevator and walked blindly out of the complex to get a crossed the street. I wonder why he's suddenly coming to Korea.

To: Hyunnie

How about tonight? I'm free after 6pm today. The boys are just going to be practicing after 6 so I'm not needed. You meet me in Seoul, I'm not going to Suwon. I'll most likely send Hyun Bin to you when I meet him at the airport so bring him with you when you meet me.

To: BinBin

 I just got your message so you must be on the flight right now, right? I'll be waiting for you, don't worry.

Hyun Bin had sent you that message around 7am and it was currently 8am, meaning that he probably wouldn't be landing until 9:30am-ish. That gave you enough time to warn the others about your sudden disappearance for an hour or so.

You hurried a crossed the street and behind the dorm where you always met the boys. Only this time, it was just Hakyeon, Wonsik, and Jaehwan. All three of them were leaning against the van, practically asleep. Why are they so drained this morning? 

"Yah, you guys can't sleep like that, fans could kidnap you." You kicked each of them in the shin lightly, turning away from Hakyeon quickly to avoid eye contact. "So first place is to the venue you guys held your last fan signing event, right?" 

"Yeah." Hakyeon yawned. 

"Hyuk, Taekwoon, and Hongbin had something to do with the manager earlier so they'll be meeting us at the venue." Wonsik rubbed his eyes, climbing into the van after Hakyeon, the two of them taking their seats in Hyuk and Hongbin's spots. 

"Yah, Prettylady, can you tone it down? Your mood is too light and happy for this early in the morning." Jaehwan grumbled, climbing into the passenger's seat.

You glanced at the van, shaking your head. Did they not sleep or something? They're usually the ones more perky at 8 in the morning than I am and now look at them. 

You pulled out the spare key you were given a while ago and climbed into the driver's seat. "Do you want me to stop and get food before we meet the other's?" 

"Food would be great." Wonsik mumbled, his eyelids half shut as his head lolled to the side; Hakyeon already asleep in his spot.

"You guys are seriously freaking me out." You mumbled to yourself. "I'll get you guys some steamed rolls and coffee before I drop you off. I have to go somewhere after I drop you off though, I'm meeting a couple of friends at the airport. But I'll be back soon from there." 

"Friends? You have friends?" Wonsik teased you, lazily. 

"Hey, why don't you just sleep?" You mocked him as you pulled out onto the road. "Jaehwan, why are you three so tired?" 

"It's not just us three, it's the other three too. The director kept us up all night last night with an order to clean up our dorm." Jaehwan yawned. "We goofed off too much so it took us a while to clean it." 

"Oh, so it's your own faults? I don't feel too sorry then." You chuckled. 

The boys all grew silent and drifted into light naps, leaving the only sounds to be them breathing and the radio that you kept low on volume so that you could stay sane. You found yourself peeking at Hakyeon in the rearview mirror a lot, your heart aching everytime you did so. 

Is it possible to develop trust by just watching from afar? It seems that's the closest I'm going to get to him for a while... 

You stopped and picked up coffee and steamed rolls for all 6 of the boys and then continued to the venue, parking the van out back when you reached there. You glanced at the sleeping boys and smirked. Too bad you guys can stay like this. 

You turned off the car and grabbed the bag of steamed rolls and the cardboard coffee carrier and went into the venue, seeing the other 3 boys gathering around a table. 

"Noona!" Hyuk noticed you first and came over to help you carry the bag. 

You placed the coffee on the table and smiled at them. "You guys must be tired. I got you breakfast. 2 steamed rolls each just like normal." 

"Thanks!" Hongbin was the first to dig in. 

"You guys are more awake than the other 3." You laughed. 

"That's because they had an extra two hours to clean while we left with the manager." Hyuk snickered, digging into his and handing Taekwoon his portion. 

"I'm going to go wake them up." You told them before jogging back out of the venue, opening up the sliding door on Wonsik's side. "Yah, wake up." 

Jaehwan lifted his head quickly and jumped out of the van, shaking off his grogginess. "Where's the food?" He smiled. 

"Well aren't you perky now? It's inside." You smiled, watching Jaehwan walk into the venue as Hakyeon climbed out the opened door, yawning again. He gave you a tired glance before heading into the venue as well. "Wonsik!" You prodded the still sleeping Wonsik. "What are you, an elephant?" 

"Yah... I'm a duck like you. An ugly one." He mumbled, his eyes still shut. 

"Then wake up and be an ugly duck. Right now you're being a lazy elephant." You pulled on his arm until he got out of the van with a yawn, allowing you to shut the door behind him. 

"Elephant?" He chuckled. "What elephant? We're ducks." 

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Just get in there." You followed Wonsik inside and sought out the manager, hurrying over to him as he got his share of steamed rolls as well. 

"Thank you for this, _____." He smiled as you neared. 

"No problem." You nodded. "Anyways, I'm going to take off for about an hour. I have a few friends coming in from China that I have to greet." 

"Not a problem, not a problem. The fan event doesn't start until around 10ish anyways, you can just show up when it is time to leave. The boys have to split again so make sure you're back here by then." He nodded as well. 

"I'm just greeting them. I'll most likely take them to the train station so they can go ahead to Suwon and then invite them back to Seoul when my time is done today." 

"Seems like a plan." He bit into his steamed roll, mumbling around it, "Drive safe around the airport. It's always chaotic over there." 

You nodded again and waved to the boys before running out of the venue and into the van, starting it up quickly. It's only 9 right now, I'm sure I can get there in 30 minutes. Even if I can't, it always takes flights a bit longer to arrive and then a bit longer for the person to find their luggage. It shouldn't be hard. 

I won't be late.

You remembered how Hakyeon had embraced you at the airport when he thought he missed the chance to greet you and your mood dropped a little. I miss him... A lot more than I thought I would. 

You pulled out onto the road, turning up the radio a bit more. 

Having Hyun Bin come to China and meeting with Hyun Shik and him later will be a good distraction so I might as well enjoy it. I wonder how long Hyun Bin is going to be in Korea... Hopefully a while but I know how busy he is. I want to tell him everything that happened between Hakyeon and I. I want him to tell me what I should do next and if I should bother trying to trust Hakyeon again. Hyun Bin was always a good listener back when we were younger. 

Wait. But where is Ha Yi? She wasn't home this morning and I didn't get any texts from her explaining why... 

I'm sure she's fine. She's probably just with Hyun Shik again and will meet up with me later. 

Probably.

 

I'm really glad that people seem to be enjoying this fan fiction and I'm really happy writing it!

They're fighting, I know, not happy times... I promise it'll get better again though! So, I closed out of the chapter again but this time, since I learned from my last mistake, I saved it in a word document so I had everything backed up. I'm so glad I did that... But as always, thank you for reading and subscribing! I love reading the feedback :3 ~PandaBiscuit~