POV Change Again

To the Moon

"Who are you to blame?" He stared her right in the eyes. "You've done nothing but help out a friend." 

She hesitated, glancing around, anywhere but at him. "I guess... But it still wasn't really fair to you... I should have told you about him so you wouldn't freak out like this." 

"I'm not a lover to you, though, am I?" He clenched his fist, his eyes red from holding back the tears. 

"I've only known you for a few months..." She stuttered. "How can I fall in love with you in those months?" 

"I fell for you, though... In just those two months." He placed a hand on her shoulder and arced a small smile. "Can't we try it? Date me, we can even get to know each other from dating..." 

"How about we just take things slower than that?" She moved his hand off of her shoulder and sighed. "Besides, I'm switching schools again. I don't want to start something and then leave." 

"But..." I switched off the TV with a loud sigh. She's becoming a good actress. This is only, what, the first teaser for this drama? Why does it have to be a romantic comedy? 

"Hakyeon, what were you just watching?" Hongbin snickered as he plopped down beside me. "It sounded cute." 

"It was a teaser for a drama." I mumbled. I wonder if she's free tonight... We haven't seen each other since... She's probably busy. 

"Yo, what's on your mind? You're blushing." Hongbin mocked, poking my cheeks. 

"Nothing." I smacked his hand away. "Don't worry about senseless things." 

"Hey, did you actually break up with ____ all those months ago?" Hongbin grew serious. 

"Yeah." 

"I thought you two were sneaking around behind the scenes, if I'm honest. But love isn't always strong enough to power through a tough barrier, I guess." He flashed a smile and stood. "Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Hyuk, and I are going for dinner. Want to join?"

"What about Wonsik?" 

"He's hanging out with _____." He covered his mouth the second it was out. "Uh... I mean... Please don't tell the manager or the director." He hung onto my shoulders. "They'll both get in so much trouble." 

She's hanging out with Wonsik again? "Your leaked secret is safe with me." I nodded.

"You're not jealous? I thought you really liked her." 

"I did." It stung a little to lie so much to Hongbin, who I considered a close friend by now. "But things happen."

Hongbin shrugged, grabbed his jacket on the edge of the couch, and left just as soon as he came. Well, my question is answered, she's busy. 

How long has it been? A few days? Yet... We haven't shared any words yet. 

Did I push her into something she didn't want? 

--

"____? Where are you at?" Wonsik mumbled into his phone as he passed me. They're hanging out again? Didn't they just hang out yesterday? "Oh?" 

I looked at him and stepped in front of him a bit, giving him an odd look. "____? Are you going to see her?" 

Wonsik sent me an odd look. "Your boyfriend is being nosy." 

I put my ear to the phone to hear her respond but he shoved me back with a small smirk. "Yah!" I hissed quietly. 

"Call her yourself." He hissed back and then went into a different room as he talked to her. 

"She's my girlfriend though..." I bit my lip with frustration. She must be home if she's talking with Wonsik. Should I just beat him over there? 

Agreeing to that, I grabbed my jacket and slipped on my shoes, bolting out the door and down the stairs. Whether she is purposefully refusing me or not, I want to see her. 

I glanced around to make sure the manager wasn't nearby and crossed the street quickly, spotting her as she came out the back exit of the complex. "____-ah..." I mumbled as she spotted me as well, walking over to her. "Where are you going?" I played dumb. 

"I was just going to get some lunch with Wonsik before wrapping up my day." She set down her bags and put on her jacket, buttoning it up quickly.

"Oh?" I hesitated, rubbing the back of my neck. 

She picked up her bags and gave me an amused look. "Would you like to come?" 

"Yes!" I answered almost too quickly and blushed a little. 

She smiled and nodded over to her car. "Let's go then. Wonsik is meeting me there." 

I got in the passenger's seat as she placed her bags in the backseat and climbed in as well, starting the car. "Where is lunch?" I mumbled, happy to have been invited, even if it was a bit forced. 

"That sushi place you took me before." She mumbled as she drove out of the lot and onto the busy street. "It's closest to my company and it's good. Speaking of which, VIXX doesn't seem to be that busy lately."

"Nah." I stared out the window for a while, a thought coming to mind. "Hey. Do you remember when your mother harassed us to get married a few days back?"

"Yeah, why?" She looked at me for a brief moment. "No, I won't marry you." 

"I wasn't going to ask you to marry me." I laughed. 

"It was worth a shot." She shrugged. "What is it?" 

"Why does she want us to get married so bad?" 

"She wants to see me married and wants grandchildren." 

"But, why isn't she willing to wait?" I glanced at her. "Don't you think she was sort of... 'Pleading' us rather than asking?" 

"I guess." She clicked her tongue a moment. "I'm not picking up on what you're getting at." 

"I'm not after anything." I sighed, looking away again. "I just think that it is weird that she wanted us to marry so badly."

She parked and got out, I followed a bit after and we found a seat in the back of the place. I tightened my hoodie around my face and sighed. "It's empty in here." 

"I don't think they'll stay in business long." ____ glanced around sadly. "Not many people come here for sushi anymore." 

"How would you know?" 

"Just a guess?" She winked with a smile. 

Why would her mother want us to marry so badly? I might be just too involved with this at this point but.. It seems a little strange if I'm honest. But if ____ doesn't think something is up then I guess nothing is up. 

She touched my shoulder, moving to be beside me as Wonsik sat down a crossed from us. "What are you thinking so hard on?" She asked. 

"Things." I mumbled, smirking at Wonsik. "Hi." 

"I knew this would happen." Wonsik chuckled a bit. "You would use me to get her." 

I shrugged. "You know, whatever." 

She shook her head and looked at Wonsik. "I have your sweater from last time." 

"What?" I widened my eyes. 

"Calm down, I left it at her house after dropping her off." Wonsik grumbled. 

"Dropping her off?" My eyebrows raised. 

"Hakyeon-ah." She laughed. "It's just a sweatshirt. And he was only dropping me off." 

I smiled a little. "Pfft. Then how'd he lose his sweatshirt?" 

"Remind me to give it to you when we leave." She glanced back at Wonsik. 

She's cute when she laughs. I placed my chin on the palm of my hand and put my elbow on the table, gazing at her as she and Wonsik spoke. She's cute with whatever face she makes. A smile flickered to my face subconsciously. I want to take her on a date soon. Something new, not something like what we've done in the past. A park, of some sort? Maybe. I should take her to a musical or something. She'd like the different acting styles. 

I was snatched out of my thoughts when her eyes locked with mine. My ears burned a little. Even though we've been together a long time... My heart still races when our eyes meet so suddenly. "What?" I hesitated, calming my racing heart down by looking away for a moment. 

"You're just sitting there." She mumbled. "Staring at me. It's odd." 

"I guess." I looked to Wonsik. "He's looking at you too."

"You know what I mean." She shook her head at me once more and dove back into a conversation with Wonsik so I just went back to sitting there. But this time I found something in the room to stare at. 

A musical would be good. 

I'll have to do some research on when one even is...

--

"Thanks for coming out here for dinner." ____'s mother smiled at me as I finished my plate. Her cooking is so good... "____ was too busy to come as well, as you know." 

"Yeah." I smiled back at her. "Thanks for inviting me, your food was as good as always." 

Brief sorrow flashed into her eyes and then it was gone before I could question it. "Speaking of which," She sighed, glancing around the room, "I have to give you something."

"Me?" I mumbled, shocked, as she got up and left me sitting there.

It was a few moments before she came back in and reached for my hand, placing something cold on my palm. When she released my hand, I glanced at the silver object. A ring? I the ring and looked it over. A wedding ring?

"It's my old wedding ring." She frowned. "The one her father gave me." 

I glanced at her and then back to the ring. "But why should I have it?" 

"You're going to marry ____ in the future, right?" 

I blushed a little and hesitated, "I don't know, maybe." 

"Think about it." She offered a small smile again. "Hold onto this while you do." 

"But why are you giving this to me so soon? I don't even know..." She cut me off. 

"Just hold onto it. I trust you. And you love her a lot, I can tell." 

This is what I'm talking about... She's pushing us into marriage for some reason and it's making me curious. 

I placed the small ring onto the table and glanced at her with a sigh. "Is there something you're hiding from ____?" 

"Huh?" She sat down again and gave you a funny look. 

"You've been enforcing the idea of marriage onto both us as of late and now you're giving me your ring before we've even thought about marriage. There's something else, right?" 

She stared at her hands a moment. "There is." 

"What is that?" I knew it. 

She shook her head. "It's nothing serious or important... I just want you to make her happy." 

is saying something completely different than her eyes... She's just like ____ when she lies, stiff. "Can't you tell me? If it's a secret then I'll keep it for you. But since I've caught on this far, shouldn't I know the rest?" 

She stood up again and cleared . "Feel free to wander about, as usual. I'll pack some food for you to take back to _____." 

I watched as she left the dining room and entered the kitchen with a sad smile. She's hiding something. 

Standing up, I went down the hall and found the study. I frequently looked in here whenever I ate dinner here just because of all the books they had. The genres ranged from easy literature meant for kids to some pretty intense topics. But instead of focusing on the books this time around, I focused on the desk. 

I looked through some of the books on the desk and opened a few drawers. It wasn't snooping if I was given permission. I was just simply curious. 

But when I opened the bottom drawer, my heart dropped. I skimmed my fingers a crossed the object, my smile fading completely. 

What is this? Why is this here? Could it be for ____'s mother? Surely she would've told ____... 

Is this why she wants us to marry so quickly? 

I swiped a stray tear from my eye and shut the drawer quickly when her mother came by, pretending to finger through a book. 

"You must like books." She smiled. 

My heart throbbed as I watched her walk towards me. Why are these in the drawer? Why are you hiding these? "I do." I smiled, faintly, in return. "Very much so." 

"Take a few if you wish. We've read them all." She nodded towards the door. "I have everything packed and ready so you can take off." 

I nodded, following her out of the study and back into the kitchen. 

She handed me the boxes of food and we exchanged our goodbyes as I walked out to the van, putting the food in the passenger's seat and climbing into the driver's seat. 

Why won't she tell anyone? I can't tell ____... Not without permission.

With one last sad glance at the small house, I started the van and pulled out of the driveway, heading back to Seoul. 

Next time I see ____'s mother... I'll bring it up. 

I knew something was up but I didn't think it would be this. 

 

This week went by fast... All this studying is killing me though! This fan fiction is like my relief for the week, haha. I hope you enjoyed Exotics chapter and I hope you enjoy this one as well, even though it's a little short, per usual by now. Thanks for reading and subscribing! See you next week! ~PandaBiscuit~