A Ji Jin Day!

To the Moon

"What?" Your eyes widened. "Mom's what?" 

"She's moving out of Korea." Tae Hee grumbled through the phone. "I found out by accident and figured I'd talk to you about it but it seems she hasn't even told you." 

"LIKE HELL SHE HASN'T!" You yowled. "Why?" 

"My dad decided to retire... With that, your... Well... Our mother did as well. My dad's dream was always to move out of the country and she agreed... I saw the plane tickets and the planner and everything." 

"When are they assumed to leave?" 

"Around January. A good few months away." 

You hung up on Tae Hee and dialed your mother's number, second guessing yourself, and dialed Hakyeon's instead. I want him to know as well. He always keeps me from acting rashly anyways. "Hakyeon! Guess what!" You yowled the second he answered. 

"Whoa, whoa... What?" He grumbled, his voice rough like he had just woken up. 

"Were you asleep?" You suddenly felt bad. 

"Yeah but I had to get up anyways." He yawned. 

"Sorry." You sighed. 

"So what is it?" 

"My mother is moving to America!" 

He went silent for a moment. "Really? Why?" 

"Why'd you hesitate? Did you already know this?" 

He hesitated again. "Maybe." 

"How can it be maybe? So you knew?"

"I found out when I went to eat dinner with her a few weeks ago." He sighed. "I was looking through the study and just happened to see the packaged tickets." 

"Oh... Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry over it until I got everything straight."

"Good idea, I suppose... But do you think this is why she wants us to get married?" 

"Maybe. Well, yeah, probably. But she can always come back from America to see you get married when you decide too. I don't understand why she's gotta be so pushy." He joked a little. 

"She's like that. She thinks that when she gives farewells, it means forever." You rubbed the back of your neck subconsciously, picking up Hakyeon's nervous habit. 

"What's up? Are you upset?" 

"Nah. I'm just thinking. If she's really moving then I want to do something special for her. But what that is... I just don't know, really." 

"You could get her chocolate..." Hakyeon suggested easily. "Chocolate makes people happy." 

"Something more than that, idiot." 

"Okay, okay." He chuckled a little. "I have to go for now. Let's just talk about it later." 

"Sure." You hung up and glanced out the window of your car. I don't feel like going to Suwon now. 

You exited your car and hurried into the apartment complex and to your apartment. It's my one day off since I took on this drama so I was going to try and enjoy the best I can since I had to record again tomorrow. 

You didn't even bother turning on the lights as you collapsed on the couch with a heavy sigh. Where should I go? What should I do? It's only noon and I'm kind of bored. 

Hakyeon is busy, we know this. Ha Yi is most likely busy. I don't feel like confronting my mother right now so I'm not going to go all the way to Suwon anymore. What about the twins? I could call them up and see if we could do something fun. Ji Jin and Ji Hoon have been busy lately though so I doubt it... Worth a shot. 

You pulled out your phone and dialed Ji Jin first. If it was one thing you knew, it was that Ji Jin always answered his phone, no matter what. Ji Hoon was prone to ignoring it, forgeting it, or too busy out with people to answer it. 

"____? It's been a while, what's up?" Ji Jin answered on the first few rings. See? 

"What are you up to?" You mumbled, sitting up. 

"I was on my way home from the acting school. You didn't come today?" 

"Day off." You responded quickly. "Do you want to hang out? We could go grab lunch and then go hang out or something. Ji Hoon, too, if he's not busy." 

"Sounds like a plan to me." Ji Jin agreed. "Ji Hoon will tag along with his newest fling." 

"Another one?" You chuckled, getting up off the couch once more. "If only him and Tae Hee worked out." 

"There were more in between the period of Tae Hee and this one. He just can't stay committed." Ji Jin sighed, getting into the car and hearing the shut of his door clearly. "I'll come get you, don't worry about driving." 

"Cool, see you then." You hung up. 

I'm glad they aren't busy. I would've died of boredom. 

--

You wrinkled your nose with disgust as you watched Ji Hoon and the girl, you found out her name was Jae Eun, flirt with each other endlessly. 

Ji Jin leaned in to your ear and mumbled, "She's annoying right?" 

"She can't keep her hands to herself." You remarked, quietly. 

"Probably why Ji Hoon wanted her next." Ji Jin mocked his brother, pulling away. "Ji Hoon, can you stop?"

Ji Hoon pulled himself away and sighed, sipping his water. "What?"

"What?" You mocked, tossing a balled up straw wrapper at him and hitting him in the nose. "Hands to yourself at the table." 

Jae Eun pulled up her lip in disgust but stayed quiet, crossing her arms to her chest to show her disapproval even more. 

"So, do you have a boyfriend yet?" Ji Hoon took you off guard. "Hm?" 

"Why do you ask?" 

Ji Hoon shot Ji Jin a quick glance before answered. "Curious." 

"Kind of." You lied. "I don't know what we are yet." The best way I can answer for now. I don't want them finding out just yet. 

"When are we going to meet him?" Ji Jin spoke before his brother. "You never let us meet any of the guys you date." 

You rubbed the back of your neck. "Soon, then." 

Ji Jin nodded. "Do you want to see a movie after this?" 

"What kind of movie?" You sipped at your water and watched with caution as Ji Hoon and Jae Eun began whispering to each other. 

"I don't know, any movie you want." Ji Jin smiled. "And not with them because who knows what they'll do in the theatre." 

He meant it as a jab at his brother but it was too funny to take seriously. "Sure. Let's do that then."

--

"I still don't get it." Ji Jin sighed with frustration. 

"The guy died because he saved the girl he liked who was in danger. No happy ending like dramas and it was kind of cheesy because he so could've avoided the car. Who freezes in the middle of the intersection anyways? He clearly saw the car coming at him even after he moved the girl." You laughed a little, throwing out the popcorn bucket. "What don't you get?" 

"Why he had to die." He laughed along with you. "Look, you're being noticed. That's how you know that you're doing a good job. Plus, your drama is like the top anticipated right now, with the few episode trailers that were released."

He took off his jacket and jokingly threw it over your head. "Okay, hot shot." You smiled, giving his jacket back as your phone rang. "Let me take this real quick."

The two of you paused as you brought the phone to your ear. "___?"

Hakyeon? I thought he was busy for the rest of the day. "Aren't you busy?" You mumbled, turning your back to Ji Jin. 

"Not anymore. Do you want to hang out?" He sounded a bit frustrated but you let it slide. 

"I'm with Ji Jin right now. How about later?" 

"Ji Jin? Oh, right, the twins."

You nodded. "So later?" 

"Maybe. Depends, anyways." He sighed. "I'll call later." 

He hung up before you could respond. Something must've upset him again. 

You turned back to Ji Jin with a smile. "Is there anything else you want to do?" 

"Do you want to go home?" He sounded nervous. "That sounded like a male voice so it must be him, right?" 

"No, I want to hang out with you until we're ready to go home." You linked your arm with his. "You're my best friend so you get my time too." 

Ji Jin smiled cheekily. "I'm sure we can find somethings to do then." 

Damn, I was hoping he'd let me go without me directly taking leave... Oh well. Hakyeon can wait. 

The two of you were about to walk off and go elsewhere when his phone rang. Removing his arm from yours, he answered quickly. "Hello?" 

I wonder what's upset Hakyeon...

"Ah, yes, this is he." 

It's not me, I know that. Is it someone else?

"Cast me? That sounds great!" 

Or something else? Maybe something happened with VIXX. 

"Ji Hoon? He probably won't answer his phone. I can get an answer for you as well if need be." 

I wonder if I could stop by somewhere and get him some food or a small gift. That usually makes him calm down a bit. 

"Sure, I'll meet with you tonight. Where?" 

Yeah, I should do that. 

"____." Ji Jin brought you out of your thoughts. 

"Huh?" 

"It looks like I'm going to have to leave." He frowned. "I just got a call from the show Ji Hoon and I auditioned for a few weeks ago and he wants to meet with Ji Hoon and I." 

"Both of you?" 

"It's a show that called for twins. It's about identical twins with complete opposite personalities." 

"Are you sure you even need to act for this one?" You giggled. "Go on. It's a good thing we drove separately." 

"I know right? Ironic." He glanced at you. "Can I ask one thing?" 

"Hm?" 

"If you and that guy don't work out, can you give me a shot?" 

Your face grew hot and you blushed. "What?" 

"I've grown to like you a little." He laughed nervously. "I don't know when or how but I did. Don't worry, I won't cry and beg if you shoot me down." 

You smiled widely. "I can't give you any sort of answer but like me if you wish. I'm not one to treat others differently for how they feel. Plus you're just so cute with a blushy face." You touched his shoulder. "I'll go first then. Call me the next time you want to hang out again." 

He nodded, feeling a bit more confident now, and you left him casually. 

I assumed he liked me already. But I can tell it isn't anything like how Wonsik liked me. He'll get over it soon.

--

You weren't even to your apartment door yet when you saw Hakyeon standing against the door with his eyes closed and arms crossed to his chest. What's he doing here? I hadn't even called him yet... 

You hurriedly shoved the glass ball full of colorful rocks and a cute little marimo moss ball into my coat pocket. I thought it was cute for him. 

"Hakyeon-ah? What are you doing here? You have a key, you could've just gone in." You approached him with a smile. "I have something for..."

He cut you off. "Are you planning on letting your mother go to America like that?" 

"What?" You stopped reaching for your pocket and looked at him oddly. "What's this about?" 

"You didn't talk to your mother, did you?" He watched you. 

"Why should I stop her? She wants to move with her husband so why not let her? It's not like I'll never see her again." 

"You finally got closer with her after years of misunderstandings." Hakyeon sighed. "And you're going to let her leave you?"

"What's gotten into you? You were totally fine about all this earlier today and now you're upset because I didn't talk to her about it? What's it to you?" You mumbled with frustration, crossing your arms to your chest as well. "You sounded frustrated on the phone as well. Are you just taking your frustration out on me? I don't want to fight because of that." 

He stayed silent for a little bit. "I thought about this after you hung up earlier today. I don't think you should let your mother go. I wouldn't, if she were my mother."

I've never met his mom... "Okay then I'll talk to her. I'm not understanding why you're angry though." 

He sighed once more and stepped out of your way. "Today hasn't been a good day. I didn't intend to lecture you. Get some rest." 

"You're leaving?" You hesitated. 

"I'm tired and I don't want to bring down your mood." He shrugged. "I'll talk with you tomorrow, okay?" 

You frowned, pulled out the ball, and watched as he made his way to the elevator without looking back. "I guess I can just give him this tomorrow... He likes cute things so I thought he'd like this." With low spirits, you unlocked the door and went inside the apartment. 

I'll just call my mom tomorrow during lunch break. 

I wonder what got him so upset... I wish he would've stayed and talked about it. I want to help him like he helps me. 

But that's just Hakyeon... Always hiding his emotions as if they were sacred. 

 

Hey, sorry about last week. Things were piling up and I got a bit lost in the days... :( This fan fiction is starting to come to a close so I just want to thank you guys for reading and enjoying. I hope to start up another VIXX or BTS fan fiction later on but not right away since I'm so busy. Enjoy these last chapters! Thank you so much for reading! <3 ~PandaBiscuit~