Mission Hakyeon

To the Moon

"But... If you're trying to prove to Hakyeon that you like him, why is Wonsik over here?" Ha Yi hissed. "Have you forgotten that it was literally yesterday that Hakyeon came over for a movie and you two fought about it?" 

"I can't have friends over?" You narrowed your eyes at Ha Yi. "It's my one day off since I started this busy schedule at Mystic. Is it wrong to want to watch some TV with my friend? Ji Hoon and Ji Jin were both busy so I invited Wonsik." 

"What about their schedule?" Ha Yi tried to give reasons on why he shouldn't be here. 

"So? They're all off break now and started their own schedules up. Wonsik just finished his stuff early." You went to leave her room but she pulled you back again. 

"What if Hakyeon finds out he's here?" 

"It's not a secret. I told him countless times that I'm not in love with Wonsik. If he chooses not to believe me then that's his issue, not mine." You sighed. "Why are you worried about this? It's my business anyways." 

You left her room and joined Wonsik on the couch. He looked up from his phone and sighed. "I'm supposed to be relieving your stress but I'm adding to it." 

"Shut up, you're fine." You smiled. "Hakyeon will come around. I'm not mad at him, at all. I understand how much he must worry and the fact that it's happened to him before makes it worse. Plus, the internet is getting all hostile with him so I completely understand why he's a little grumpy, impatient, and rude. I got frustrated last night because I wanted it to be an actual date but he treated it like I was forcing him to be there. He'll come around. He has more stress than I do and I wish I can help him but right now, I'm a major stress of his that he has so there is nothing I can do." 

"You think like you're smart but you act like you're dumb." Wonsik shook his head."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're wiser up here," He pointed to your head, "Than you are down here." He gestured to your heart. 

"Is this another 'don't date Hakyeon' phrase but reworded? You can't trick me." You crossed your arms to your chest. 

"No, it's not." He went back to his phone. "I'm only implying that those two things are at different places and times with all that's happening."

You nodded and glanced over at the TV with a sigh. "Are the boys happy to be back to their normal schedules?" 

"Yes, very." Wonsik answered easily, liking this subject better. "We get antsy. Hakyeon will especially like it because that means the director can stop torturing him with all the extra work and he can just go back to a normal schedule like the rest of us." 

"That's good for him. I, too, stop being punished by my director in a few days. But I have a feeling that after the work part of the punishment is over... Then a verbal part will come. He'll probably lecture me and scold me about dating Hakyeon once more for a while and then get angry because I don't listen." 

"I understand the frustration." He joked. 

I wonder if I could attempt to invite Hakyeon over again. But after what I said last time, I don't think I'll be able to invite him over without losing my own pride. 

Hakyeon is one complicated person...

--

"Guess what?" Your manager grinned at you. 

"What?" You raised your eyebrows. You had just finished up your acting class on one of the 'in between' days so for the most part, you were free for the day unless they decided to give you more work. "Is it more work?" 

"No, I just got you an acting audition." 

"What? This soon?" You gasped, climbing into the car with him. "For what? Am I good enough? I'll probably fail, right?"

"No, actually, you've been doing pretty great. It's only a small little gig so it doesn't take a lot of talent but it's one way to put your face out there more." He grinned again as he started the car and drove off. "You'll be auditioning for the lead character in a music video. The soloist you're doing this for isn't very known either, that's why they reached out for just about anyone with acting experience. It's a romance song so prepare some sappy acting for the audition tomorrow." 

"TOMORROW?" You glared at him. "That's such short notice!" 

"I saw it last minute." He sighed. "I know, but, I am almost positive you'll get it and be fine. Don't worry." 

You let out a heavy sigh and pulled out your phone. "Romance my ... I'm not very good with this romance stuff." 

"So I was right, you are dating Cha Hakyeon?" The manager smirked like he caught you red-handed. 

"Are you even on my side?" You growled. "You're going to run to the director, aren't you?" 

"I'll keep it low for now. I mean, the director already knows you were dating him but he doesn't know you're still dating him, so, everything should be fine." He nodded. "Don't worry about my knowledge. I'll only spill it if you anger me." 

"Hurray." You joked. "I'm a person, I can do what I want." 

"True but you are bound by a contract that if broken too much, you'll be required to pay a fine." 

"Shh.." You mumbled. "I know." 

To: Wonsik

Wonsik, I got myself a gig. I'm gonna bomb it though, I can tell. I haven't been doing this for very long. 

From: Wonsik

You'll be fine. Tell Hakyeon, not me. He's taking his frustration out on VIXX and it's getting old. The scandals are dying down a bit now that he's come out with some promotional ads and other stuff they had him do but he's still under fire. Let's just heal this, okay? 

To: Wonsik

That's fun.

You went to Hakyeon's contact and changed it from Yeonie to Angry Cha. You giggled a little at your stupid joke before texting him. 

To: Angry Cha

Stop being rude to VIXX. They can kick you out, you know. 

They were to release a single on the 14th of February and honestly, even though you're close to VIXX now, you were beyond excited to hear them sing again. That means Hakyeon will be busy on Valentine's Day... Aw, that . Not like he was going to do anything for me anyways since he's so convinced I love Wonsik.

From: Wonsik

But anyways, do you want to go skating with me? Or to an arcade or something?

To: Wonsik

OH! Let's go to a karaoke bar. I can hear you sing instead of rap... Haha, yes! Let's do that. 

From: Wonsik

Wow... Okay. Should we invite some other people as well or just us? I don't want to make you uncomfortable. 

To: Wonsik

I'm past that, Wonsik. Let's just go with just the two of us, hm? 

From: Wonsik

Deal. Tonight then, okay? 

To: Wonsik

Deaal. 

"____, do you want to practice late tonight for the audition tomorrow?" Your manager spoke suddenly. 

"Nah, I'm going to go to a karaoke bar with a friend. I'll have him help me a little bit there as well." You smiled down at your phone. "I have such good friends."

"I didn't know you had friends." He mocked. 

"Shut up." You laughed, changing your phone background from a picture of you and Ha Yi to a picture of you, Ji Hoon, Ji Jin, and Hyun Shik. "I have so many at this point." 

From: Ji Hoon

Tae Hee is totally digging me. And I'm totally loving it.

To: Ji Hoon

Disgusting. I don't care about that stuff.

From: Ji Hoon 

You should work for match making websites. You'd be a perfect match ;) HA 

To: Ji Hoon

You're so stupid! It's hard to believe anyone would be into you! 

From: Ji Hoon

Sheesh. 

From: Angry Cha

Let's do something tonight.

You rolled your eyes. Of course he would want to do something AFTER you've already made promises to do something with Wonsik. Great. 

To: Angry Cha

I made plans to go to a karaoke bar with Wonsik... Do you want to come? 

He didn't answer for a little bit and you assumed he was just angry. 

From: Angry Cha

No thanks, have fun. 

To: Angry Cha

Hey! Why not? I thought you weren't 'mr. nice guy' anymore? 

From: Angry Cha

What? I said no thanks, that's pretty normal. 

To: Angry Cha

I'm not talking about normal... Idiot. Just come with us, you're already free since you asked me to do something. 

From: Angry Cha

No thanks.

To: Angry Cha

Come on! It'll be fun! 

From: Angry Cha

No.

To: Angry Cha

I have a new nickname for you. Are you curious?

From: Angry Cha

No.

To: Angry Cha

You have to be curious! 

From: Angry Cha 

I'm not. 

To: Angry Cha

It's Angry Cha. 

From: Angry Cha

Okay? 

To: Angry Cha

Because you're always angry with me now. And you're name is Cha. It's pretty dumb, right?

From: Angry Cha

Right.

To: Angry Cha

Are you mad that I changed your nickname?

To: Angry Cha

You stopped replying. Yah. 

To: Angry Cha

I'll kill you. What if were in trouble? You're just ignoring me! 

To: Angry Cha

Fine. Don't come tonight. Don't get angry at me for not doing anything with you when you rejected me first. 

To: Wonsik

What is Hakyeon doing?

From: Wonsik

Why? I think he's gone insane. 

To: Wonsik

Why?

From: Wonsik

He went from smiling for like the first time in a few weeks to being more pissed off than he already was. I feel like our lives are in danger at this point.

You smiled a little. So I made him smile during that conversation. That's a win. Though, it was probably the last text that ticked him off. 

To: Wonsik

Is he looking at his phone still?

From: Wonsik

What does he do beside that? 

To: Wonsik

Very true.

You switched the phone to the camera and took a few pictures with different expressions: happy, sad, angry, and confused were the main expressions you used. After making sure they were decent enough, you sent them to Hakyeon.

To: Angry Cha

Look at all these emotions I'm feeling! It's cause of you being so dumb! But look, there's happy emotions in there too. So you're not totally a bad guy. xxx

It took a little bit for him to respond. 

From: Angry Cha

Darn. 

To: Angry Cha

Pfft. It's your goals to be a bad guy, I forgot. 

Hakyeon sent you a picture in return that had you laughing until you cried a little. It was him pretending to try and hit Hongbin. It was Hongbin's facial expression that made it so funny. 

To: Angry Cha

So beating up Hongbin makes you a bad guy? The poor bean xox You can't do that to BinnieBean 

From: Angry Cha

:P

You nearly laughed with excitement at the last text. Even though it was only a stupid little face, it was some sort of mutual response and not completely angry. He's really cute. Even though he's mad at me, he's really cute. 

Even more proof that these feelings I have for Hakyeon are only for Hakyeon and not Wonsik. 

I just hope Hakyeon realizes this later. 

--

You and Wonsik had a blast at the karaoke bar last night and now you've just finished up the audition for the music video role. You felt like you did a good job for what it was but you didn't think you'd get the role or anything. 

You were now just chilling at the company office your manager was given. He wasn't even here, which made everything better.

From: Angry Cha

Which room is his office?

To: Angry Cha

What

From: Angry Cha

Your manager's office. He was given one, right?

To: Angry Cha

Yeah but why are you asking me that

From: Angry Cha

Because you're there, right? 

To: Angry Cha

How did you know? 

From: Angry Cha

I guessed.

Not even a moment after he has asked you that, you saw him walk past the office through the door window. What the hell? He's here? 

You got out of the chair and hurried to the door, opening it. "Hakyeon, what the hell?" You called. He his heels and saw you, twitching a small smile as he came over to you. 

"This is it?" He looked at the number. "I've been wandering around this place for a little bit now cause I was going to shock you by showing up like I did in the cafeteria last time. But I couldn't find it." 

"Well, it's a pretty big building." You pulled him into the office and shut the door. "Are you trying to get me killed? If someone recognizes you then you are screwed and then I'm screwed." 

"I got a hood on?" He spoke like it was obvious and sat down on the sofa in the middle of the office. 

"Yeah because that totally hides who you are." You shook your head, seating yourself back in the office chair behind the manager's desk and spinning around once more. "Why are you here?" 

"Because I can." He went to his phone and started scrolling through it once more. 

"I completed the audition... Oh wait, I forgot to tell you yesterday. You distracted me..." You rubbed the back of your neck. "Well I had an audition for a music video for an unknown soloist and I just returned from it."

He gave you a thumbs up. "I heard from Wonsik already. You inform him faster than me anyways." 

You grumbled. "It's because he isn't ticked off at me like someone else we know." 

He shrugged. "I'm not 'ticked'." 

"Sure. I'm sure you're not." You made a face at him and then jumped when the manager walked through the door, Hakyeon not even budging. Hakyeon has guts. When'd he become so confident for these situations? 

"I see you're not bothering to hide this from me anymore." Your manager sighed as he kicked you out of the chair. "I have news for you."

"What kind of news? More work?" You sat on the sofa a crossed from Hakyeon.

"Less work." He shook his head. "I'm cancelling your communications class for a day so that you can get a photoshoot done. It'll be your first official photoshoot and it's meant to promote you further." 

"Hurray. Less work in exchange for more work!" You pretended to be excited. "Okay, so, when is this going to be done?" 

"A few days down the road, don't worry." He smiled. "Also, you'll hear from the director of the music video audition you tried for by the latest of tomorrow." 

"That soon?"

"They're in a rush to start the shootings of the video so they want to pick the character quickly as well. There were only 6 other rising actresses that tried for this gig and from what I could see, you were better than them." 

"Really? I haven't been at this long?"

"But all the classes and work I've put you through is having you improve much faster than the average person." He spoke like the whole world was listening to him. "Thank me later." 

"I'll my thanks until I see myself improving as an actress. But right now, I don't feel much different." 

"Oh but you are." He winked. "You even look better now that you've lost weight." 

"YAH!" You stood up defensively. "I wasn't fat to begin with! What weight? I look the same!" 

Hakyeon stiffled a laugh and you sent him a glare. "Your face is much more defined now." Your manager laughed as well. "You look fine now." 

"Now?" You huffed, sitting back down. "I looked fine before. You guys starve idols, that's why they're all so thin." 

Hakyeon gave you an amused look. "I think that's only for female idols." 

"Have you seen EXO?" You joked. 

The manager went to sorting things on his desk so you decided to just focus back on Hakyeon. 

"Do you want to go do something?" You asked him but he didn't seem to notice that you did cause he was on his phone. "Yah."

He looked up. "What?" 

"Let's go do something."

"Like what?" 

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" 

"Nothing."

"Thanks." You sighed, lying down on your side on the couch. 

You pulled out your phone and started to text Wonsik.

To: Wonsik

Hey, Hakyeon is becoming an ugly duck now.

From: Wonsik

An ugly duck? Are there symptoms for that?

To: Wonsik

Well the obvious ugly, laziness, not caring about anything, and the Wonsik type attitude.

From: Wonsik

Wonsik type attitude? What is that?

To: Wonsik

You. Hahaha. He's turning into you, ahhh! 

From: Wonsik

Ha Ha, funny. We're the only ugly ducks. 

To: Wonsik

True. Then what is he?

You snuck a picture of Hakyeon and sent it to Wonsik to evaluate.

From: Wonsik

He's an elephant. Angry, loud, and fat. 

You bit your lip hard to keep from laughing.

To: Wonsik

He's not fat. But I agree, he's an elephant. 

You changed Wonsik's contact name to Ugly Duck and then changed Hakyeon's from Angry Cha to Elephant. 

From: Elephant 

Why are you sneaking pictures of me? It's not nice. 

Soon after he sent that, he sent a picture of you that he had snuck. Brat. 

To: Elephant

Cause I can. 

From: Elephant

So can I.

To: Elephant

I didn't say you couldn't. 

From: Ugly Duck

Yah, he's at your office? Can I come too?

To: Ugly Duck

No, we're leaving soon anyways. Well, hopefully. 

From: Ugly Duck

Aw. 

You stood up and grabbed onto Hakyeon's hand, pulling him to his feet. "Let's go. I'm bored." 

He put his phone away and sighed. "Sure." 

You shook your head and led him out of the office and towards the elevator, releasing his hand only when you two were in the elevator. "What do you want to do?" 

"Nothing." He repeated just like last time. 

"You're making me want to hit you." You sighed, glaring at him. "Can you just be happy Hakyeon like you always were?" 

"That's impossible." He sighed again. "Not until you stop looking at Wonsik." 

"I'm not!" You whined, leading him quickly out of the company and to your car. "I'll drop you off to get whatever car you drove in later, okay?" 

"Sure." He nodded, getting into the backseat instead of the passenger's seat. 

"Brat." You got into the driver's seat and drove off quickly. "Why aren't you busy with your schedule lately?" 

"I told you, mine will slow down while the others' start up just simply because they worked me harder before I started it up again." 

"That was really confusing but I got the gist of it." You smiled to yourself. "My goal today is to make you forget about your worries about me, okay? I don't love Wonsik so that's the start, okay? Get that in your head. I don't love him!" 

"You don't have to love him to like him." 

"Hakyeon! This isn't helping!" You laughed a little. "Be optimistic like you usually are instead of pessimistic. Pessimistic Hakyeon isn't as attractive as optimistic Hakyeon is." 

"Blah blah." 

You ignored him and pulled into a movie theater car lot. "We're going to see a movie. A random movie. I'll close my eyes and pick one and that's the one we're going to see. Deal?"

"Sure." 

You shut off the car and the two of you got out of the car and headed towards the building, Hakyeon tightening his hood a little bit and slipping on some sunglasses as the two of you entered the building. When you got near the front desk, you glanced up at what movies were airing, closed your eyes, and pointed to the sign. When you opened your eyes, you picked the movie that was closest to where you were pointing and went to the desk and ordered two tickets for it. 

You gave him his ticket and the two of you went straight to the theater, neither of you wanting popcorn. But, since it was still 20 minutes before the movie to start, it would give you guys an option to attempt a conversation. 

You picked the very back of the theater and directly in the middle. Hakyeon took off his sunglasses when he sat down and glanced at you. "What are we watching?" 

"Dunno." You shrugged. "We'll see, won't we?" 

Now that you were a bit closer to Hakyeon for the first time in a while, you noticed that his expressionless face wasn't exactly expressionless. It was like he was wearing a mask on the lower half of his face since it was expressionless. But the upper half, mostly his eyes, were saying something completely different than how he portrayed himself. 

His eyes didn't look like he was truly angry, but they also didn't look happy. They looked more sad and hurt than anything. 

"Hakyeon-ah." You frowned. "I don't love Wonsik. Do you want me to wear a t-shirt that says it? I don't want you to get all worked up over this." 

He didn't respond and instead just watched the ads that played on the big screen. What more can I do? If he doesn't believe my words then what can I do? 

You reached over to try and hold his hand but he shooed your action away. "Hakyeon-ah." 

"What?" 

"Stop shutting yourself off to me." You whined. "I don't love Wonsik, I love you. But I can't even start to prove that to you if you don't let me love you." 

"It's hard to be close to you when I know I'm not the only one you're looking at." 

"But you don't know. Maybe I like Wonsik a little, so what? Who says it's in a romantic way? I like Hyun Shik. And Ji Hoon, and Ji Jin. But not romantically." 

Hakyeon didn't respond again and just watched the screen, his face a little more relaxed this time. 

You didn't try to talk to him and just went to watching the ads as well until the movie started. Turns out, it was just a romantic-comedy movie that Ha Yi really wanted to see. 

But, you enjoyed the movie a little more than you thought and the few times you looked over at Hakyeon, he seemed to be enjoying it as well. 

This movie is a win-win. I'm happy, he looks happy. Perfect. 

The movie had ended and it was, of course, a pleasant experience. The two of you decided to sit there and wait for the theater to clear out so it'd be easier for Hakyeon to leave without being spotted. 

"Did you like it?" You turned to Hakyeon with a small smile. "I liked it." 

"It was good." He nodded. 

"Hm... Win for me." You laughed, standing up to stretch. "Where should we go next... We should probably grab something to eat before doing anything else." 

"More?" He looked surprised. 

You nodded. "More." 

I'm going to make him happy before I let him leave today. Hopefully, anyways. I don't know how to prove to him that I don't love Wonsik so this seems like the only way. We're both busy people so it's best to use an open chance when we have it to hang out and have fun. 

I just wish he'd open up just a little bit more, at the very least.

 

 

So I did manage to get this one prepared and ready to post! It's a little short but what can I do? Anyways, I hope Exotic will post next week while I'm gone but I doubt she will. I'll just take my short hiatus and then we'll get back to updating every Tuesday and Thursday <3 Thanks for reading and subscribing! See you all soon! ~PandaBiscuit~