Part One

To the Moon

"Mom? Can we talk?" You asked as she opened the door for you. I was just going to call her but with Hakyeon's reaction last night and the text from this morning... He convinced me. I don't understand why he cares so much. 

"Sure dear, I need to talk to you as well." 

The two of you sat down in the living room and she nodded at you to go first. "So... I actually heard about this from Tae Hee even though Hakyeon knew about it as well before either of us did... Is it true that you're moving to America with Jung Shik?" 

She grew flustered right away. "How'd Hakyeon hear before you two girls?" 

"He was being snoopy, I guess." 

"I told Tae Hee but I was waiting to tell you." She sighed. "Yes, I'm going to America." 

"Can I ask why?" You were slightly angry that she didn't tell you first over Tae Hee but brushed it off. Today is not the day to get angry. 

"I've always wanted to live somewhere else and Jung Shik just so happens to be needing to be there. It's not forever. Just a couple years, 10 at most." 

"A couple?" You repeated. "10 is a lot, mom." 

"Not when you're old like me." She laughed a little. "We'll come and visit a few times a year, no worries." 

"You weren't going to tell me until you left, were you?" 

She shifted. "True. But I also made up my mind to tell you when I saw you at my door just now. But you already knew." 

"Why would you tell Tae Hee before me?" 

"Because you get worked up so easily. I didn't want to cause a rough patch with you."

"I'm not worked up." 

"I know." She frowned a little. "You don't seem like you're trying to fight with me on this, for once. Do you care that I'm moving?"

"Well of course I do." You shrugged a little. "But it's true that I wasn't going to fight your decision since you decided to make it on your own and not with me. Honestly, if it were not for Hakyeon's nagging and lecturing, I probably wouldn't say anything until you've called me." 

She looked a bit hurt. "You've changed, do you realize this?" 

"Huh?" 

"You use to get worked up over the little things and throw a fit until someone else apologized... But lately, you take things too easily. No fights? It's almost too odd." 

You sighed once more. "Plus this was your decision, not mine. As long as you talk to me here and there then I'm happy for you." 

She shook her head. "You're becoming more and more like your father. Always carefree." 

"Excuse me?" You felt your heart ache a little bit. "Are you comparing me to someone you... No... Who was killed?" 

"He's your father whether he's passed on or not. And I'm not saying it is a terrible thing, just something to be mindful of. Learn to give some sympathy but don't go back to overreacting about everything." 

"More lectures." You stood up. "I didn't intend for this stay to be short but I want to leave now. Plus, I'm going to get into big trouble for skipping my class anyways. I'll talk to you about it later, I guess. See you later." 

She stood to stop you but you left anyways. I don't know what else to say so why stick around? I don't want her to go but what kind of person would I be to fight my mother's decisions? It's not like I'm HER mother. 

--

"Did you talk to her?" Hakyeon asked the second you two met up at your apartment for a super late dinner. 

"Again?" You gave him an exhausted look. "I talked to her but I didn't try and persuade her to stay. She can go if she wishes. The only thing that went down was her comparing me to my father. Plus she kept acting like she wanted me to beg her to stay." 

Hakyeon stopped in his tracks and gave you the "are you stupid" look. "____-ah." 

"What?" You sighed. "Can't we talk about something else?" 

"She wants you to ask her to stay! Sure, she wants so go and even if you asked, she'd probably go anyways. But every mother would love it if their daughter was at least a LITTLE sad that their mother was moving nearly 18 hours, at minimum, away." 

"Of course I'm upset she's leaving, I'm not that heartless!" 

"The issue is, is that you don't show or act like it. All we see from the outside is your carefree attitude, we can't read your mind. You've always been a bit too carefree on the outside but it's getting more frequent lately." Hakyeon, for once, was dead serious, not even a glimpse of humor was in his eyes or a glimpse of his gentle personality. It was just cold and serious. I can't tell if he's seriously angry or just wants me to understand his own frustrations on this topic... 

You shook your head a little and put your hand on his shoulder. "Can we just eat and talk about other things? I really don't want this to turn into a fight. I also have something fo..."

He stepped back with a sigh. "We're not fighting. I just want you to understand what you're losing if you let her go. You'll regret it."

Why does he always interrupt me when I try to tell him that I have a gift for him? "Okay, okay. I'll tell her how I truly feel about it. I just don't want to be guilty if she decided not to go because of me. She should be able to do what she wants and not have her daughter hold her back." 

"Just put yourself in her shoes and you'll see it." He relaxed a bit. "Of course she doesn't want you to step in her way to what she wants to do but she would still like to see that you care for her enough to be upset about some of her decisions." 

"I got it, I got it." You smiled a little. "I'll go visit her again tomorrow even though I'll get yelled at again." 

"Just show her how you feel about it, you don't have to cry and beg for her to stay though." He mumbled as he left you standing by the door and went into the kitchen to finish making the ramen you started before he arrived. Ramen was literally all you two ate when he came over to eat with you. It was quick, good, and easy. 

You grumbled to yourself a moment before going into your bedroom and pulling the glass ball out of the drawer you put it in. You smiled at it and then walked out into the living room, placing the ball on the coffee table beside a bundle of papers and a pot of flowers. Joining Hakyeon, the two of you put the ramen into bowls and went out to the living room. 

You eyeballed the gift and hesitated with yourself on when you actually wanted to give it to him. I don't think he's noticed it there though. I was hoping he'd notice it and point it out or something. 

Hakyeon began eating without noticing the gift though so you were going to have to be direct about it. We've been dating for so long and I gave him plenty of gifts... Why am I still nervous to do it?

His eyes glided over to meet mine. "Why are you so stiff?" He chuckled a little. "Eat." 

You sat up and placed the bowl on the coffee table and took his from him as well, recieving a slight pout from him. 

You reached for the glass ball and held it in your hands for a moment before holding it out for him. "I bought this last night but you left so abruptly that I couldn't give it to you. I was going to give it to you when you first walked in today but then you started lecturing me. So, before something happens now, this is your gift. I thought it was cute and you like cute things." A tiny bit of crimson stuck to your cheeks as you waited for him to take it. 

"You're too cute." He took the ball and put it on the coffee table, turning back to you. "What's the gift for?" He moved a bit closer and put a small, lingering kiss on your forehead. 

"I just wanted to buy it for you. It doesn't mean much." You smiled, pulling away and giving him his ramen back as well as taking back yours. 

The two of you sat in silence as you ate and ate until both of you finished and washed the dishes up. 

"I think I should go." Hakyeon sighed as the two of you stood in the kitchen. "If I'm gone too long then the director will start to get suspicious again." 

"Then go ahead and go." You smiled up at him. "Don't forget your gift though." 

He made an "o" face and hurried to go grab it and came back with a thick smile plastered to his face. "Got it." 

You kissed him quickly and shooed him out the door. "I'll call you." You spoke as he took the hint and began his way down the hall. 

"Tomorrow, I hope." He joked. "See you later, my love." 

His walking hesitated a little and he let out a triumphed laugh as he hurried to the elevator. My love? Your face flushed bright red and you shut the door quickly. Did he really just call me 'my love'? That's... Really corny. But really sweet. 

He's such a cutie... 

 

 

Part 1 is done :) This is a two part chapter since I don't have the time to write the entire chapter out in one week. This is the shorter of the two parts! See you next week and thank you so much for reading and subscribing! Hakyeon is starting to push you into keeping your mother in Korea, how do you feel about this? Hehe! ~PandaBiscuit~