Scandals

To the Moon

The whole scandal about you and Wonsik that Tae Hee caused blew up right in your face. The internet flooded with different articles on it and the amount of times it was viewed, shared, and commented on was unreal. Why did this one decide to blow up so badly? What was so special about being caught practicing in the park with Wonsik? 

Maybe because Tae Hee decided to post the picture of you and Hakyeon sleeping on the couch soon after it was released. She was nice enough to blurr out your face but Hakyeon's image took a nose dive right into the ground. Wonsik and Hakyeon were all over the internet with you right in the middle. Tae Hee threatened you with posting more pictures she had when you visited her the day you found her out. She told you that if you were to try anything with her, hurt her, offend her, or even step into her house, she would post more pictures. 

You were basically pinned into a corner. What irked you most about the whole situation was Hakyeon and Wonsik's images. Yours was a little damaged but no where near the amount of damage they had. It really wasn't fair and there was nothing you could do about it. 

Not even to mention that the director of Mystic totally figured out the relationship you had with Hakyeon from the picture Tae Hee leaked and totally blew up. His nice guy face, yeah, gone. He assigned you more work to do and made sure the classes you were taking were stretched just a little bit longer and gave you just a little bit more work to do after class. Those 'in between' days you had, gone. He filled them up with you working on paperwork and trying to battle against the media. You had absolutely no means or time of getting a hold of Hakyeon or Wonsik. 

Why? Because your phone happened to slip out when your manager dragged you to the car the day you and Wonsik found out about Tae Hee. Gee, you wonder who has your phone now? Yup, you probably guessed it right, Tae Hee. Every number on there and every picture you took of Hakyeon or with Hakyeon was now completely in her hands. The worst part was that if you even tried to get your phone back, she'd use that same threat she used before with the pictures. You were completely stuck. 

The one time you managed to give yourself about an hours worth of time to try and talk to Hakyeon was useless. Why? Because Hakyeon was currently under fire by the media and all the hate fans he had were so outrageous that he couldn't go anywhere without getting bashed or threatened. Hakyeon wasn't allowed anywhere other than where he had to go and he was basically dragged to and from places by the members and the manager. He was so completely shocked with the amount of people hating on him for just the one picture. It was very upsetting seeing him being dragged by the manager to go outside the dorm. Why? Because you could tell how upset and hurt he was by it. He didn't want to leave the dorm because he knew someone would recognize him and completely bash him. It's upsetting how just one stupid, unconfirmed picture can ruin an idol's life. 

But Tae Hee wasn't completely to be blamed. You were to be blamed as well, for many reasons. You didn't take very much fall from this since you weren't an idol like him, you couldn't stop the media even though it had you right in the middle, you couldn't even try to console Hakyeon, you were the one that lost your phone, and you were aslo the idiot that let Tae Hee stay the night... You were also the idiot that insisted on seeing Hakyeon in the first place. So... The amount of hate you had going for Tae Hee was being equalled out with all the hate you had towards yourself for not being able to do anything. 

You've tried to get Ha Yi to console you but she'd just scold you for worrying about others more than yourself. You tried to get your mother, of all people, to console you but she'd just scold you for hanging onto the scandals even though it's been nearly two weeks since the articles and pictures were leaked. You even went to Hyun Bin but he was too busy to hear you out. Hyun Shik didn't know enough to help you and you couldn't tell the Hong twins anything because they couldn't know. You didn't have anyone to console you for this but that was probably a good thing. What did you need consoling for? It was Hakyeon that was in a far worse state than you were. You were just glad that he had the members to lean on and that his director was a bit more understanding and helpful than others. 

This whole issue blew way out of proportion. Had you known that it would blow up like this and that things like this would've happened, you would've just stayed in your apartment and annoyed Ha Yi instead of inviting Wonsik out. Everything was a mess and you kept looking for people to blame but it really only narrowed down to Tae Hee and yourself in the end. 

You were completely screwed over in your mind. 

--

"You look drained." Ji Jin commented. 

"Why are you here? Do you realize this is Mystic Entertainment you're at right now? The very place you both hate?" You sighed, looking up from the stack of paperwork you were going through. 

"We wondered how Mystic was after we quit." Ji Hoon responded, the both of them sitting in seats at the table with you. "But what are you doing? I thought you were wanting to be an actress but you just look like an office clerk." 

"It's my punishment." You sighed again. "The scandals are still floating around the internet and the director is convinced I'm dating the leader of VIXX." 

"Are you though?" Ji Jin asked with all seriousness, holding the picture of Hakyeon sleeping with a blurred out figure. "This chick kind of looks like you. The body shape is just right." 

"Why would I date N?" You waved away the phone. "It's not me." 

"What about VIXX's Ravi?" Ji Hoon asked immediately. 

"I'm not dating anyone!" You snapped. 

"What about mystery guy?" Ji Jin and Ji Hoon both jumped in shock. 

"I dumped him, okay? He was just a friend from school anyways." You let out another sigh as you went back to your paperwork. "As you can see, I'm busy and I'm trying to eat." 

"What? That? That's food?" Ji Hoon scowled at the salad you had next to your paperwork. "That's just all lettuce."

"Who cares? They tell me to eat it so I eat it." You mumbled. "You guys should go away, I want to look this over before I leave for the night." 

"This is going to take years, dude." Ji Jin complained, standing along with Ji Hoon anyways. "It's already past 7pm, go home and sleep. They're overworking you." 

"Just because they think you did something wrong doesn't mean you should let them overwork you like this." Ji Hoon sighed, patting your back before they both took their leave. 

You dropped your head into the papers. This cafeteria is so cold... I wish Hakyeon were here. I haven't seen him for so long... I wonder if he's mad at me. He must be, right? I lost the phone and put more evidence into the 's hands and on top of that, his image is at rock bottom. He must be so ticked at me... 

"What are you doing?" Your manager grumbled as he sat his lunch down on the table you were at and took a seat. "If you're tired, go home." 

You picked your head up and stared at him. "I'm not dating VIXX's Cha Hakyeon. I'm not dating VIXX's Kim Wonsik. Can I have a day off now?" 

"____. I'm not the one working you like this." The manager sighed, pulling out his lunch and digging into it easily. "I'm given orders just like you are. You've been a manager before. None of the things I do are my own thoughts or actions." 

"I'm exhausted, emotionally and physically. Isn't that enough to let the director give me a day off?" You complained, forking salad into your mouth as you did so. 

He leaned in a little closer to you and smirked. "I know you're dating Cha Hakyeon. I'm purposefully not doing anything to help you until you admit that." 

"I'm not dating him!" You snapped again, shocking him as well. "And even if I was, do you think I'd tell you? You'd go straight to the director about it and then I'd be screwed all over again. It's a good thing I'm not dating Cha Hakyeon. Or Kim Wonsik for that matter!" 

The manager looked around, embarrassed. "Yah, keep your voice down." 

"You keep your voice down." You mumbled, lowering your voice. "This is all a big mess but yet I'm the one doing paperwork? I should be out there begging for negativity or letting my image take the fall instead of the innocent VIXX members. This all is stupid, unfair, and completely uncalled for." 

"You're not an idol. People know who you are from scandals, your recent position as VIXX manager, and now that you're signed under Mystic. Other than that, you're nobody right now."

"That's even better! I'm already at bottom so let me take the fall!" 

"It's not an optional thing, ____." He grumbled. "Just let it go, the director is saving your right now from falling any deeper and that Jellyfish director is saving VIXX. Just let the people who know what they are doing, work, okay?" 

You slumped but nodded anyways. He's right, what would I do anyways? I'd probably just make it worse. "I'm going to go home for the night. I'll read the rest of this while I'm at home." You stood to leave. 

He shook his head. "Don't. This paperwork isn't meant for homework. Go home, rest, and come prepared for tomorrow's busy schedule. You can finish this the day after tomorrow." 

"Okay." You agreed easily and left the cafeteria quickly. He's being nice for once. I wonder if I got on his good side... Or pity side. Either way, it's better than his snappy self. 

You hurried out of the company building and got into your car, driving off quickly so that you could go home and sleep as soon as possible. I wonder if I could get my mom to buy me a new phone like last time... No, cause my phone isn't broke, it's just being held captive. I could probably get my mom to get it from me... But then again, that could be seen as a threat to Tae Hee so who knows what she might do. 

I really want to kill her. I've never thought of someone so poorly before... Other than my mother but that's sort of subsided since I've decided to let it go and forgive. 

I just really hope this all dies down soon... I really, really hope Hakyeon's and Wonsik's images will stop plummeting. 

You eventually pulled into your apartment's car lot and went into the complex through the back way. You were completely shocked to see Wonsik standing near the back exit. "Wonsik?" You grew a little bit excited and hugged him for a moment before pulling away quickly. "I'm glad I get to see you finally... I'm sorry about what I've caused you."

Wonsik shook his head. "It's not your fault." 

"Why are you here? We'd both be screwed if someone found out." You frowned. 

"What did you say to Hakyeon?" He looked a little confused, almost as if he wondered why he cared. 

"To Hakyeon? I haven't talked to him in weeks, I didn't say anything." 

Wonsik pulled out his phone and went into his messages and showed you a forwarded message from Hakyeon.

FWD: Wonsik

Hakyeon, I've decided that I didn't want to date you any longer. It's not because of anything you did or anything but... I think I have feelings for Wonsik as well and it wouldn't be fair to date you or to date him so I'm just going to cut ties, okay? I'm sorry... It hurts me to do this. 

You widened your eyes with surprise. "YAH! I don't even have a phone! That Tae Hee took it from me." 

"Really?" Wonsik's bright eyes faded a little bit. "Hakyeon didn't believe it at first but when he tried to call or text you, the number went inactive so I think Tae Hee blocked him on your phone. He's really hurt by it." 

You were about to turn to go back out the exit but you just stared at Wonsik with a slight bit of admiration. "Wonsik-ah, that was really bad of me, wasn't it?"

"Huh?" He looked at you with surprise. 

"When you found out that wasn't me that said that to Hakyeon, it hurt you, right?" 

He grew flustered and turned away slightly. "I-I guess." 

You smiled. "Thanks for telling me. I realize how much this hurts you." You turned to leave again but you stopped and hugged him instead. "I do like you, Wonsik-ah. I don't think it's love but I know it's a little more than friendship, hm? But even so, please don't wait for me. I really love Hakyeon and I really would love to have you by my side as a friend, a brother, something. I would really like it to stay this way." 

"____-ah..." He sighed, hugging you as well. "I didn't want to fall for you... I knew it would put us in an awkward position and I knew I'd hurt Hakyeon and I really didn't want too. But one can't control their own heart, apparently." 

"Hey, I'm just charming." You winked as you pulled away. "I'm kidding. You're a good guy, Wonsik. I know you'll be there for me when I need it and just know that I'm here as well. I really wanted to see you today so I'm glad you snuck in here."

"Are you going to see Hakyeon?" He asked, a smile plastered on his face. Good, he looks a little happier. I'm glad. "He's not at the dorm." 

"No?" You nodded. "I saw that coming. Do you know when he'll be back?" 

He shook his head. "He's hardly been in the dorm. The director is making both of us busier than the others before our break is officially over so that our images can start going up a little more." 

"I completely ruined the two of you, didn't I?" You frowned. "Especially Hakyeon." 

"No one knows that you were the one with Hakyeon on the couch, don't worry." Wonsik laughed. "That brat was smart enough to blurr out your face, it must mean she has a little bit of sympathy. Your image hasn't really been touched since you're not known, but that's good so don't feel guilty. This happens to idols at least once in their lifetime, we'll get through it." 

"Wonsik-ah... What about Hakyeon?" You sighed. 

"I'll let him know that you want to see him so you can explain the situation." He gave another smile. "Mystic , doesn't it? Admit it." 

"Okay, yes, it . But I'm glad for the opportunity even if it ." You grumbled, crossing your arms. "I don't like to be wrong so hush up." 

"I'll send him over to you no matter the time of night I see him, okay? If you don't want him over then just shoo him back, hm?" Wonsik ruffled your hair and brushed past you. "See you later." 

"Bye, Wonsik-ah." You watched him exit before heading towards the lobby to get on the elevator yourself. 

So Tae Hee is going to play this game with me. Go ahead, once Hakyeon knows that it's not me with the phone, he won't believe anything you said. You even blocked him... How fun. 

--

"Didn't you sleep last night, like, at all?" Ha Yi sighed as you walked through the door, threw your backpack on the floor, and collapsed on the couch as soon as you could. 

"Of course I did." You grumbled into the couch. "Today was one of my super busy schedules with all the classes, remember?" 

"Oh yeah..." Ha Yi nodded, giving your back a few rubs for comfort. "It's late, go to sleep." 

"Do you think Hakyeon is avoiding me on purpose or do you think he's too busy? Or maybe Wonsik forgot to tell him...? Should I go over there?"

"No!" Ha Yi warned. "Do you want to have your company find out? Or Tae Hee? He's not avoiding you, he'll come." 

"I miss Hak..." You stopped talking when a knock came to your door, sitting up immediately. 

"See? It's probably him." Ha Yi laughed at your reaction as you hurried to the door, fixing your hair a little before opening it with a small smile. 

But it wasn't Hakyeon, it was Hyun Shik. "____-ah, hey!" Hyun Shik smiled, hugging you. "How's life?" 

You couldn't help but show a bit of disappointment. "My life is great, I guess." You sighed, letting him in and then collapsing on the couch again. 

"She thought you were Hakyeon." Ha Yi shrugged at Hyun Shik. "Those two are having a bit of an issue right now but it'll get sorted out."

"Oh, is it that issue with VIXX and Mystery Girl?" Hyuk Shik mumbled as he took off his shoes and joined Ha Yi on the other couch. 

"Yeah." Ha Yi nodded again. "____, Hyun Shik and I are going to be leaving in a moment." 

"It's like midnight." You commented. 

"So?" Ha Yi touched your shoulder. "You thought it was Hakyeon at the door and it's midnight." 

"That's true." You sat up. "Go have fun then." 

Ha Yi gathered her stuff and led Hyun Shik out of the apartment. You gave a heavy sigh and stood to go to bed when a knock came to the door again. Did she forget her key? This brat. 

You opened the door quickly. "Don't forget your..." You stopped talking when it was Hakyeon and not Ha Yi. "Hakyeon-ah!" 

He smiled. "What? Am I a ghost?" 

"I don't know, it is midnight and it's shocking to see you." You let him in and shut the door behind him. "So, did Wonsik tell you that I wasn't the sender of the text?" 

He nodded. "I sort of figured something was up with the text. But Wonsik told me to get rid of my confusion." 

"When did she send that?" You watched as he sat down on the couch. 

"A few days ago." He patted the place beside him. "Why are you just standing there?" 

"I feel guilty." You admitted, sitting beside him cautiously. "I'm the reason why the pictures got leaked and on top of that, I couldn't even go see you to apologize for it." 

He shrugged. "Don't feel guilty, it's not your fault." He put an arm around your shoulder and smiled. "You look like you're surviving Mystic." 

"Don't bring up that place, it makes me even more tired just hearing the name of the place." You relaxed a little. 

You could tell that he was trying to listen to you and that he was trying to keep his eyes on you but he just kept drifting and his head would droop. 

"You're exhausted, why'd you come here?" You sighed, pushing his forehead back. 

He shook his head a little bit. "I only came over so that you knew that I knew the story as well. I'll go back quickly so I can sleep." 

"Are they overworking you this time around?" You asked as he stood up and stretched. 

"No, they're keeping me busy though." He arced his lips into a lazy smile. "Don't worry, they'll slow my schedule down before they start up the other boys' schedule." 

"Good. Go home and rest, I'll figure out this issue with Tae Hee soon, no worries." 

You watched him leave before agreeing to go to sleep as well. 

I get this feeling that we won't be seeing each other very often. But I hope that he at least sleeps a little more lately. 

 

Okay, this chapter is short, I know. I thought I was going to be discharged from the hospital on Saturday but it turns out that I'm not going to be discharged till Monday. I will write one more chapter for Tuesday but I probably won't be able to do a double post like I hoped I would. But I will try if I can. So after my update Tuesday, then I won't update again until August 9th. I hope you guys understand! If Exotic wants to write some of the chapters in my absence, then that would be wonderful and I hope she does for you guys! Anyways, thanks for reading and subscribing and thank you for understanding <3 ~PandaBiscuit~