Ice Skating

To the Moon

VIXX's concert in Seoul went over well and now they were on a 'break' for a while. They still had some things to do here and there and of course practice still, but they weren't running around crazy all day everyday for the most part. Half of the boys were using this break to sleep, which you didn't blame them for.

You were currently in a meeting with the director and the manager, bored out of your mind. The first hour was used to talk about the recent scandal articles that have been floating around about you, Hakyeon, and Wonsik. But those were already simmering down a bit since they weren't that big in the first place and no new ones were appearing so there wasn't much to talk about other than scolding you. 

The next hour was basically a run through of what VIXX has done these past months and what they will do after their break period, which most bands do after they release an album or two. It was all EXTREMELY boring. 

"____, do you have any input on any of this?" The director suddenly looked to you. 

You hesitated. "No, sir..." 

"I'm kidding, we weren't talking about anything you could have input on." He laughed. "I just noticed how out of it you looked so I gave you a scare." 

You smiled with relief. "I'm sorry, I'll pay more attention." 

"Next time. The meeting for today is over. Since VIXX is on their break, you'll still need to hang around them a bit to take them places they may need to go or want to go, but of course both of you know this." 

The both of you nodded. "____ will probably be around them more than I, but yes, we know this." The manager chuckled. 

"Alright, dismissed." The director nodded, the lead manager bolting out of here quicker than I'd seen him move since I've known him. "Actually, ____, will you sit back down a moment?" 

"S-sure..." You grew surprised as you sat back down in your seat, the director placing at least 6 cards down in front of you. "What's all this?" 

"I've seen this from the beginning but I hesitated on it after I did a check of your history." He sighed, sitting in the chair beside you. "But, I really feel I should at least give you a shot." 

You picked up one of the cards and furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "Acting schools?" 

"A few of these cards are for companies that take trainees and build them into actors or actresses without prior experience like yourself." He explained, just confusing you more. Why is he giving me these? "And the rest of the cards are for different acting schools."

"Why are you giving me these?" 

"When you came here to fill the spot as co-manager, I laughed a little at you. You had no experience, I could obviously tell you were in some sort of relationship with Cha Hakyeon, and you didn't appear to me as someone who'd manage others." He admitted. "You appeared to me as someone who'd want to be managed, not be a manager themselves." 

"What?"

"I'm saying, you looked like idol material when you walked through those doors." He laughed a little at your confusion. "That's what I do as director. I try to sign with people who have potential and make them huge. You're different though. You have no experience and you weren't already in the field... But why can I see you being an actress? Because of your ambition. You convinced me to let you be co-manager with that ambition you had. Even if it was driven by Cha Hakyeon in the first place, I'm sure you could go far as an actress if you really tried." 

"Listen... Thank you, for seeing me as someone who could be good in that field but... I really have no interest in being an idol." You hesitated, pushing the cards towards him without looking at them further. "I don't really think this is meant for me." 

"Think about it." He smiled, pushing the cards back towards you. "Think about it for a few days and come back to me with your answer. I really think you'd make it big. Not right away because it'll take awhile for you to train to be good enough for big time shows. But let's just start small, hm? Check these places out. I encourage you to at least look into it before you tell me no. This chance... I don't just offer to anyone." 

You sighed and nodded. "I'll give it some thought." 

"One last thing, do not tell any of the members about this, hm?" He stood up as he asked you of this. "I don't want them telling you their opinions and I don't want them interfering with this, okay?"

"Sure, I won't tell the members." You agreed. "I feel like that's the best as well."

"You can go." He turned towards you and smiled again. "Think hard about it. Not everyone gets such a crazy chance like this." 

You stood and bowed your head slightly, slipping the cards into your jean pocket. "Thank you, I'll make sure to give it a lot of thought."

You exited his office quickly, seeing the manager waiting just down the hall for you. "Hey, what took you so long?" He asked as the both of you entered the elevator together.

"The director had something to tell me." You sighed. "Don't worry about it, it's nothing bad." 

"Nothing good either judging by your face." He sighed as well. "The boys will be waiting for us in their dance practice room in this building. I'll go ahead and take Hongbin and Taekwoon to their destinations." 

"Deal. Handling the other four will be easy since they're just uploading pre-recorded vlogs anyways." You nodded as the two of you exited the elevator and walked down the hall, entering the practice room. 

Hakyeon was sitting in a corner of the room with the laptop and Hongbin hovering over him while the rest of the boys sat around on their phones or chatting. "Taekwoon, Hongbin, let's leave." The manager called right away, giving you a look. "Did he tell you to quit? Break up with Hakyeon? What?" 

"I told you nothing bad." You scowled. "Just go." 

The lead manager sighed again and lead Taekwoon and Hongbin out of the practice room. Wonsik approached you, your heart aching yet pounding at the same time. What is this? Am I nervous to be around Wonsik? I can't! He's my friend, no matter what... Even if he likes me, we're still friends. 

"___-ah." Wonsik smiled like nothing was different. "Do you want to see a movie with me again?" 

"Why is it always movies?" You relaxed a little, smiling as well. "I've seen two movies with you already!" 

"Then... Ice skating?" His eyes lit up. "It's that time of year, we could go to the skate parks that open outside at this time of year or we could just go to an indoor rink." 

"I can't skate, that'll be horrific." You shook your head. Ice skating is too intimate anyways. Hakyeon should be the one to go with me even if I did know how to skate. 

"I can teach you, I'm really good at it." He offered again, pushing the idea. "___-ah, skate with me." 

I can't tell whether he just wants to hang out because we're friends or if he's trying to sneak a date passed Hakyeon. "Should we?" You shifted uncomfortably. "When? We could bring people as well to add to the fun." 

"Good idea!" Wonsik looked slightly upset but tried to brush it off anyways. "Let's go tonight, hm?" 

"Sure." You nodded. "I'll ask the boys if they want to join us. Hongbin and Taekwoon can join us if they're free at the time, the manager too." 

Wonsik nodded, looking disappointed but turning away from you to hide his expression. I'm sorry, Wonsik. I gave you false hope... I didn't know that person you had your eyes on was me... I feel so bad towards you. 

You went over to Hakyeon and sat against the mirror with him. "What are you doing?" You mumbled, shaking off the previous conversation. 

"Twitter." He mumbled in return, his eyes glued to the screen. 

"Twitter, Twitter... It's always Twitter with you." 

"It's a great communicator." He glanced at you and smiled, making you feel all light and fuzzy. But the feeling went away when you thought of Wonsik and you felt bad all over again. 

"Do you want to go ice skating tonight?" You changed the subject. 

"A date?" He got excited. 

"Well, not really. Wonsik asked me first and then we decided to invite the rest of VIXX as well." 

He slumped. "Who are you dating again? It feels like you're dating all of VIXX at this point." 

"Hakyeon-ah!" You scolded. "I'm sure we won't stay there as a group the entire time. After a while, everyone will probably branch out anyways. Who says just because we go with them that we have to skate with them?" 

He sat up again and tried to hide the smile that was creeping onto his face. "You're smart." 

"Right?" You laughed, leaning against him as he scrolled through Twitter again. "Look at all the attention VIXX is getting lately! Your popularity is growing." 

"Yah, it's thanks to all the scandals you and I caused." He joked. "You better not think of quitting and doing anything else after all the trouble you caused." 

See? Why would I be an actress when I'm happy where I am right now? I want to ask Hakyeon his opinion but since the director was the one who asked me to keep it from them... Then I should listen to him. 

"Noona, Wonsik said we're going ice skating tonight, are we really?" Hyuk came over, sliding a crossed the floor to sit beside you. 

"Yeah." You looked at Wonsik. "I'll even pay for all of you. Think of it as a celebration for the Voodoo album's success and for you guys getting a break after releasing it." 

Wonsik kicked at the ground uncomfortably and nodded along with your words. Hakyeon looked up and glanced at Wonsik as well. "Wonsik, ice skating is a perfect idea." Hakyeon smiled. "I'm glad the group is going, it'd be too intimate with just two people, hm?" 

You looked away from Wonsik and hit Hakyeon. "Yah, stop it." 

Wonsik smiled as well. "Correct, that's why the group should go." The other two boys were confused with Hakyeon and Wonsik's sudden hostility. "I'm not the type of person to take what is not mine, I would think my friend would know that." 

"Stealing? Who's stealing?" Jaehwan interrupted, just as confused as Hyuk. "Did you try to steal something of his?" 

Hakyeon looked frustrated and a little hurt. "I never said you stole anything, shouldn't you talk to me with respect? I believe you're still younger than I." 

Wonsik nodded, the hostility fading from his gaze a little bit as he sat beside Jaehwan, further away from the three of you. 

You put your face into your hands and sighed. Wonsik and Hakyeon are friends, I can't just let them hate each other like this. More like I can't let Hakyeon hate Wonsik. Wonsik doesn't seem to really be affected by Hakyeon's role in this, it's Hakyeon who keeps acting like he's being threatened. And he's not. I clearly told Wonsik off in the nicest way I could so Hakyeon should just accept that. I don't want their friendship to end over something so stupid. 

"Hakyeon-ah." You picked your head and spoke to him with a quiet voice. "Stop causing trouble." 

"I'm just frustrated." Hakyeon grumbled. "He's one of my close friends and he finally has someone he likes but it's someone I won't let him have. How do you think that makes me feel as a friend?" 

"I know, I know." You mumbled. "I thought about all that when he first told me. I even put myself in a situation where Ha Yi liked you and imagined how I'd feel. It on both ends. But think about how he feels. He knows what I am to you and he wouldn't try to take something you have just to make himself happy. Love is something you can't control." 

He squinted at you. "Stop taking Wonsik's side." 

"Hey! Look at you blaming me for taking sides! Have we switched positions? You took Tae Hee's side all the time!" 

"I never took sides!" 

"SEE?" 

The two of you laughed when you realized how stupid the two of you sounded.

Speaking of Tae Hee... She hasn't called my out recently. It's been a few days since I even heard about her. I wonder if she backed off...

"Hyuk, Jaehwan, are you two joining us for ice skating then?" You asked them. 

"Duh." Jaehwan smiled. "Hyuk can't skate though." 

"Neither can I, we can learn together."

"See, it's normal not to know how to skate! Even Noona doesn't know." Hyuk laughed. "I was right." 

"No, you two are just untalented people." Jaehwan commented. 

"Hyung!" Hyuk slid himself back over to Jaehwan and Wonsik. 

"I'm not skating with those idiots the whole time." Hakyeon shook his head. 

"At least skate with the idiots until I can skate." 

"You really don't know how to skate?" He looked at you like he couldn't believe it. "I thought you could do everything!" 

You hit his shoulder. "Yeah right, what am I, superwoman?" 

Hakyeon snickered, ignoring that comment. "I'll teach you." 

I wonder if ice skating is really something they should be doing... What if people recognize them? Or reporters... I really think we shouldn't do this now...

--

"Hello? ___-ah? Aren't you coming skating? We're all here already." Hakyeon spoke. "The director agreed to the whole skating thing, we just have to be cautious, obviously."

You stared at one of the cards the director gave you and then looked up to see the building that was on the card for an acting school. "Yeah, I'll be there. The plaza in Seoul, right?" 

"Yeah. Where are you? Are you outside? I can hear the cars." 

You smiled. "I'm heading there now, don't worry." 

"I don't think we'll get recognized. Since it's cold, everyone is bundling around their face so we blend in. And there is so many people here, it'd be hard to get caught." 

"That's good. I'm hanging up." 

"See you." 

You hung up first and slipped the phone into your pocket, clutching the card, and then entering the building. The lobby was fairly small and decorated simply and the front desk was empty. 

But when you approached the desk, a rather short woman hurried from a different room to the desk and smiled widely at you. "Hello, how can I help you Miss?" 

"Ah..." You hesitated, handing her the card. "I was given this card by someone. He told me to check this place out." 

She looked at the card and then gave it back, smiling still. "I see, are you looking for acting lessons then?" 

"Something like that. I'm not sure if I'm going to sign up just yet but I'd like to know if there is a class I can watch take place to see if it's something I could do." You shifted uncomfortably. "I want to give it a shot." 

She nodded. "Can you come back tomorrow around noon? We have a beginner's class taking place there that you can sit back and watch." 

"Really? How much?" 

"It's only to view the class." She chuckled. "You don't have to pay to view. I'm glad to see that acting is something that has peeked your interest. I hope you go through with it. May I have your name? It's just so that if I'm not at the desk, who ever will be knows that you have permission to do this." 

"_____." You smiled. 

"That's a pretty name!" She wrote your name on a piece of paper and placed next to the computer monitor that sat just inside the desk. "I hope to see you around here more, thank you for stopping by." 

"Thank you, as well." You bowed your head and left the building, putting the card safely back into your pocket. 

This place is fairly close to my apartment, that's the only reason why I decided to check it out. I have no intentions of being an idol but I'll at least look at my options since I said I'd do it. 

You pulled out your phone and checked the location of the Seoul Plaza again so that you didn't arrive at the wrong place. I can walk here, it'll only take 15 minutes or so, not bad. I'd rather not spend money on a taxi. 

Your phone rang again and you answered it, thinking it was Hakyeon's nagging again. "I told you, I'm on my way!" 

"Hello? _____?" Crap, it's Tae Hee. Well, she didn't back off. Now I know. 

"Tae Hee-ah?" 

"Who'd you think I was?" She laughed. "You sounded so annoyed!" 

"Ah, nothing. What is it?"

"Want to play soccer?" 

"It's December, Tae Hee. Plus, I'm going skating." 

"What? We can't play in December? I don't see any snow around here yet." She sighed. "Anyways, where are you going skating? Can I come?" 

"No, don't come." You grumbled. "I'm going with Hakyeon so back off, hm?" 

"Sheesh, it's at the plaza isn't it?" 

"I'm hanging up!" You hung up and growled with frustration. Soccer? Not only is it December but it's like 8pm...

She's insane. Officially insane.

--

You put on your mittens and your hat, knowing that this place highlighted the importance of keeping warm, and met the boys just outside the gates. "Yah, what took you so long?" Hakyeon asked, his mouth just barely visible from the scarf he was wearing. The boys literally look like ninjas... They're so covered! 

"I walked here." You mumbled, putting the scarf on that the lead manager had handed you. "Thanks." 

"Hongbin and Taekwoon managed to finish up quickly. They didn't want to pass up ice skating." The manager chuckled. "Skating is something everyone can enjoy." 

"I'm sure, that's why I've never been skating before." You grunted, sarcasm filling your tone. 

You went up to the gates and paid for the boys and the manager. Hakyeon didn't waste even a second after you got through the gates to pull you away from the group. 

"Hakyeon! We should at least skate with them for a little bit!" You protested.

"Later, later." He smiled. "Are you cold? I have extra gloves in my pockets." 

"I'm fine." 

"You walked here, right? Where did you walk from? You never told me where you went!" 

"You sound like a paranoid mother." You sighed. "Let's just go rent skates. I paid for two hours on this rink. An hour with you and then an hour with the others, okay?" 

"Maybe." He smirked, walking with you over to the small building to rent skates. 

When they asked you what kind of skates you wanted, Hakyeon had to answer for you because you didn't know the difference between the two. After that was all over and done with, the two of you found a seat on a bench near the back of the rink to put on your skates. 

"You didn't know the difference between figure skates and hockey skates?" Hakyeon laughed, lacing his own skates like a pro while you sat there staring at yours. "You're hopeless." 

"Yah, I don't see a difference." You scowled. 

He picked up his foot and showed you the blade on his, running his gloved finger a crossed it. "Hockey blades are shorter than figure skates and curve more so the skater can turn and move quickly." He picked up one of your skates and showed you the blade. "Figure skates have slightly longer blades and aren't curves as much as the hockey blades. Plus, they have this little dig in the front of the skate." He pointed to the spiked blades at the front of the blade. "It helps the skater with jumps." 

"Look at you sounding all pro... Did you figure skate or something?" You laughed, secretly admiring the knowledge he knew about the two sports.

He got off of the bench and couched down onto his knees. "Put the skates on, I'll tie them for you." 

"Bossy, bossy." You tsked as you put them on your feet. He placed the blade of your skates between his legs and it scared you for a moment. "Yah, you'll cut yourself!" 

He chuckled. "This is how other people tie skates. It's the easiest way. I won't get cut from the blades, trust me."

"Why between the legs? Why not on the ground like normal shoes?" 

"Because then they'd wobble all over the place." He tied that skate quickly and moved onto the other. "It's better on the ankles of the skater when other people are tying it and it's just easier for the person tying them." 

"You are a pro..." 

"Don't walk on the cement either." He warned as he finished up the skates and stood up. He looked so much taller with the skates on since it added a few inches. 

"Why not?" 

"Are you dumb?" He grabbed onto your hands. "It'll dull the skates. Just follow the rubber mats that lead to the rink, hm?" 

He started to pull you up but you got scared and forced yourself back down. "Yah, yah, I'm not doing it!" 

"Why not?" He couldn't help but smile even wider. "Are you scared?"

"I'm going to fall, who wouldn't be scared?" 

"If you fall, I fall too." He laughed. "I don't want to fall so I'll make sure you don't fall." 

"Yeah, use this moment to get all cheesy. Soak it up." You sighed, letting him pull you to your feet and steadying you when you nearly fell back down. "Yah this isn't right! People shouldn't be on blades..." 

"Calm yourself." He laughed again. "Just walk normally, I got you." 

You did as he said and wobbled very slowly over to the rink, the two of you stopping when you were a step away from getting on before you got scared again. "I'm not doing it! This is insane!" 

"Look, I'm on the ice, it's fine." He pointed out, just step onto the ice, that's all you have to do. It's easier being on skates when you're on the ice, you know." 

You let go of his hands and gripped the railing. "I'm not going!" 

He grabbed onto your hands and pulled you a little, almost getting you to move. "Other people want on, ____-ah." He smiled. "Just step onto the ice, hm?" 

"Ice skating... Why'd I think this was a good idea?" You stepped onto the ice and nearly fell but Hakyeon caught you with his stupid smile. "You expected me to fall just now, didn't you?" 

"Yup. Beginners tend to make the same mistakes when stepping onto ice from rubber. It's a totally different ground and for some reason, they don't realize that." Hakyeon helped you stand up and steady yourself. "Let's go over there before I teach you anything. People will get grumpy if we stay like this near the entrance." 

Hakyeon grabbed onto your hand and slowly started skating forward. "Yaah, let's not!" You grew scared again when you started moving as well. 

"Look, you're doing fine." He paused a second to kick one of your skates back under your body, nearly causing you to topple over. "Keep your skates under your body, you don't look flexible. Unless you are comfortable with ending up in a split position, keep them underneath you." 

You let Hakyeon pulled you by the hands, you just staring at your skates as you tried to stop wobbling and doing what he said at the same time. "This isn't fun!" 

"Smile, it's a lot of fun." He corrected you. "We're to the side of the rink, okay?" 

"How do I stop?" 

"Stop? You're not even moving that fast! The second I stop, you will too, don't worry." He was sort of showing off as he was skating backwards so he could help you. It wasn't the fact that he was skating more skilled than you that made it seem like he was showing off, it was his facial expressions when he explained things to you. But you didn't mind. If this made him happy, then you were glad. 

Just like he said, when he stopped, you glided into him a little bit before stopping yourself. "Sweet, we survived, now I'm done..." You sighed, your legs still wobbly. 

"Nah, not yet." He laughed, letting go of you all of the sudden. 

You stumbled a little bit and nearly fell before he grabbed onto you again. "YAH! You said you wouldn't let me go!" 

"When did I say that? You assumed that." He held onto your hand with one hand and then fixed his hat and hoodie with the other. "I wanted to see if you would stand on your own instead of depending on me." 

You looked behind you and saw Wonsik and Jaehwan skating quickly around the rink. Good thing I remembered the attire they put on so I know it's them since they were covered so well. You even saw Hyuk, who said he was a beginner like you, learning how to skate with Hongbin and Taekwoon. He looked a whole lot braver than you. 

Hakyeon watched them as well for a moment before focusing on you. "Have you ever rollerskated?" 

"No." You answered quickly, turning back to him. 

You didn't realize how hard you were gripping onto his sleeves until he had shifted so that he was behind you and you had no one to hold onto. You stumbled and panicked a little. "I'm going to push you a little, okay?" He announced as you felt him grab onto your coat. "Don't worry, I won't push you hard and I have a hold of you incase you fall. This way, you're not completely relying on me. Focus on moving your feet." 

He pushed you a little like he warned and you screeched a little in fear that you'd fall. "How do I move my feet?" 

"Not like you're walking but like you're trying to push off the ground." He explained. "One foot glides a crossed the ice while the other pushes off a little put. Hm... It's hard to explain but bear with me." He laughed, giving you another push. "Here, look at the skaters in front of you. Do you see how one foot glides while the other moves back a little and pushes off just a small bit? Then it glides forward and the other foot pushes off. You see how that works?" 

You tried what the others were doing and stumbled, falling backwards into Hakyeon but being pushed back to your feet. "I can't do it..." 

"You tripped yourself." Hakyeon teased, giving you a stronger push this time to get you moving again. "Look, we have to turn. You can either glide around the curve by pointing your skates towards the center a little bit and moving your body with them, or you can do crossovers like the people in front of you are doing." 

"Crossovers? They look too hard." You shook your head. "I'd prefer to do the first choice." 

"Then do it." He gave you another push. "Angle your skates a little and move your body slightly." 

You tried to do what he said but you caught your skate with the other one and fell, taking Hakyeon down with you. 

"Yah, I told you to angle your feet, not combine them!" Hakyeon laughed, rolling off of his back with snow from the ice coating him. He got himself to his feet and offered a hand to you who continued to stay on your back, not wanting to try and skate again. "Come on, falling is the fun part." 

"Hey look, I found the love birds." Jaehwan giggled as he came to a stop near you. "Did you fall?" 

You took Hakyeon's hand and let him help you to your feet. Hakyeon brushed the snow off of you and then you doing the same to him when you had steadied a bit more. "She really at skating." Hakyeon teased once more. "Hyuk is doing better than her." 

Wonsik joined the three of you and nodded in agreement. "I think he lied about not skating before. And if he didn't, then he's truly just skilled at everything. He's picking it up so fast yet our ugly duck over here can't even move without falling." 

"Ugly duck... Me? I thought we agreed that that was you." You laughed. 

Wonsik smiled, brushing off the snow that Hakyeon missed. "Is it fun, at least?" 

"Eh." You shrugged, wobbling a bit again. "I can see how it's fun for others but it's not fun for me." 

"If Hakyeon's expert teaching isn't enough, you can use one of those things." Jaehwan pointed at a child using a little cart to help her keep on her feet as she tried to skate. 

"Those look so stupid..." You complained. 

"They are." Wonsik laughed again. 

"Yah." You scowled. "Look, we went half way around the rink, let's just call it quits for me. My ankles kind of hurt." 

Hakyeon nodded. "If you want to stop, then let's stop for now." 

Jaehwan and Wonsik skated away and Hakyeon took your hands again, his back facing you this time. 

"We're going to go fast, okay? I'll cheat and go straight a crossed." Hakyeon warned, you growing scared all over again. "Just keep your feet under your body and you'll be fine." 

"This isn't a good idea..." You whined but it was too late as he took off a crossed the ice, you gripping onto his hands as hard as possible. You made sure to keep your feet under you like he said and closed your eyes tightly until you two were by the entrance again. 

"I'll let you rest your ankles for now and then I'll drag you back out here. We have 2 hours anyways." He turned back around and smiled at you. "You look cold." 

"Being cold is the least of my worries." You mumbled as you held tightly onto him again as he helped you off of the ice and back over to the bench you were at earlier. "Go away, go skate." 

He leaned down and kissed your nose. "Wave me over if you get too cold, I have extra clothing, remember." 

You nodded and watched him leave, skating away quickly when he got on the ice and starting a race with Jaehwan and Wonsik. You thought it looked like a death trap to skate that fast with all those people but they weaved around the people so easily it made you feel even worse about not being able to skate. 

You sighed and pulled out your phone, relaxing your feet as best you could with skates on. It wasn't a lie that your ankles were hurting but you probably could've tried to skate longer if you wanted too. It was just terrifying... I didn't want to fall in front of Hakyeon all the time.

Turning it on, you scrolled through Twitter for a moment before looking up the other acting school you remembered being on a different card. Am I really actress material? I think this guy is full of crap, honestly. He must say this to everyone so he can try and make money off them. 

But even though you didn't believe him or even want to be an idol at all, you found yourself gaining interest and looking at more and more acting schools. 

"Are you bored?" Wonsik sat on the bench, nearly scaring you to death as you scurried to put your phone away. 

"I'm not bored. I told you, my ankles hurt." You rubbed your legs. "Skating is hard." 

"It just takes practice. I think you're too scared to try it so it's even harder for you." Wonsik laughed, pointing at Hakyeon who had tripped Jaehwan and ended up bringing both of them down. "He's not the best skater either. If you compare him to Taekwoon and Jaehwan, he's just as bad as you."

"Hey, I thought he was pretty good. At least he can skate. And he has patience." You grumbled. "I wouldn't have the patience to deal with myself, honestly. I'm too afraid of falling to try."

"You do fine." He smiled again. "I'm going to go join them again, I just wanted to check on you."

You nodded and watched him make his way to the rink and skate off. I wish I could skate... You reached for the card you had put in your pocket to find it wasn't there. Huh? It must've fallen out of my pocket when I fell on the ice. Oh well. 

You sat there a while, fixing your hat so that it covered your ears. There were so many people here and they were all moving around with smiles. You would've been scared that someone would recognize the boys but people just don't care about others to notice who's under the winter attire. 

Hakyeon came back to you and sat down for a moment, sitting close to you. "Ready to come back out?" 

"Yeah." You looked at him. "You look cold." 

"A little." He smiled. 

You touched his cheeks. "Your face is so cold though. You should wear your scarf like this..." You brought his scarf up and over his mouth. "This way, I can't hear you and you don't get cold." 

You could tell he was smiling even with the scarf over his mouth. "Yah, you look really cute right now." 

Your face heated and you scooted away from him, staring at the rink. "You can't just say things like that randomly..."

He moved his scarf back to the original position and then stood, pulling you to your feet as well. "Why not? I'm just making sure you know." 

You couldn't help but smile. "Fine, let's just go so I can fall again." 

"I won't let you fall this time, just don't trip yourself. I can't do anything if your feet combine like last time." 

The two of you got on the ice slowly and he pulled you away from the entrance just like the first time. Hongbin sped past you guys and nearly made you slip from trying to watch him skate. 

"Hongbin is showing off." You laughed, turning your attention back onto Hakyeon who was focused on keeping you on your feet. 

"Skating was a good idea. I've never seen you so talentless at something other than dancing." He joked. 

"Shut up." You joked in return. 

Hakyeon let you go suddenly and smiled when you didn't fall over, only wobbling a little. "Step one, complete." He laughed. 

You reached out for him. "No, no, don't let me go! I'm going to fall!" You whined, not even realizing that you were moving on your own towards him. 

Hakyeon smirked. "Look, you're fine! You got the balancing part down." He held out a hand and let you grab onto it as you stumbled. "Now let's just try moving forward without using me."

You shook your head, disagreeing with him. But Hakyeon being his stubborn self, let go of you and put some space between the two of you. 

"I'll skate at your side like, okay? If you look like you're going to fall, I'll help you." 

You bit your lip and tried to mimic the people who were skating in front of you. You wobbled a lot and nearly fell backwards like three times but like Hakyeon said, he was always there to prevent you from falling.

Skating really isn't my thing. He's trying so hard to help me learn but I'm too scared to try. I feel bad. 

"You look really focused." Hakyeon laughed. "But you're skating on your own now, isn't it fun?" 

"Skating really isn't my thing." You smiled a little. "I can see how it'd be fun for people who can skate." 

"Everyone when they start out." He came over to you a little bit and skating beside you, the two of you not moving fast at all but you were fine with it. 

You tried to straighten your back and legs a little bit but you ended up slipping and falling on your back, Hakyeon not being quick enough to catch you. 

He circled back to you and smiled down at you. "Yah, how did that feel?" 

"Feels like hell." You reached up to pull him down as well but he moved back. 

He held out a hand to you and helped you get back to your feet, brushing the snow off you again. "Sorry, I didn't predict that fall." 

"That's okay." You laughed, looping your arm with his. "That means we can skate like this. If I fall, you fall. I like that." 

He nodded. "Deal." 

I should skate without Hakyeon so that the next time we skate together, we can actually have fun together instead of trying to help me. 

--

"My ankles hurt so bad..." You whined as you and the boys entered a nearby noodle shop, heading to the back as usual. 

"Mine too..." Hyuk whined as well. "Taekwoon-hyung didn't let me sit like you, Noona. And half the time I fell, he was the one that pushed me!" 

"You poor thing." You fixed his hate back into its position. 

Hakyeon, you, Wonsik, and Hyuk somehow squeezed into one side of the large booth while Jaehwan, Taekwoon, Hongbin, and the manager squeezed in on the otherside. It that there is no tables back here. At least these booths are large enough to fit 8 people.

You linked arms with Hakyeon. You honestly didn't know why you did, you just felt like being clingy. Hakyeon looked at you with surprise and held your hand with your arms still linked. 

Jaehwan gave a playful glare to Hakyeon and Hongbin sent a disgusted look towards you. "You guys are getting to public lately." Hongbin joked, Jaehwan agreeing. 

Wonsik glanced at you and shifted uncomfortably towards Hyuk a bit. Ah... Wonsik. I almost forgot he was sitting beside me. 

You tried to let Hakyeon go and move away a little but he just shook his head and whispered, "Don't change according to whether Wonsik is around or not." 

"It's not nice." You whispered in return. 

"He knew you were mine before he confessed, he's well prepared for it, _____-ah. Just let it go." 

You sighed and nodded as the waitress came over with waters for everyone. The manager just decided to grill beef and pork with an order of fried chicken feet. You wondered who liked the chicken feet because you didn't think anyone did. 

You used your freehand to start the small grill closest to you. There was one towards the back of the tables and then one towards the front with a space in the middle for the plate of food you were grilling. 

"I'm going to see if I can secure the back for us so that you guys can take off your winter attire." The lead manager smiled as he slide out of the booth and headed back towards the front room. 

"Hey, Taekwoon, do you like chicken feet?" You asked, still curious to who liked them. 

He nodded. "I like them." 

"Who else does?" 

"Jaehwan and Hyuk, sometimes." Taekwoon responded easily. 

"Oh, I see. I didn't know you guys liked chicken feet." You smiled, the manager coming back to the table. 

"She can secure this for as long as she can." He announced, sitting back down. "She'll make sure the front room is completely filled before letting anyone sit back here." 

The boys immediately took off their hats and scarfs and other pieces of clothing they wore around their face. They stuffed the pieces of clothing in their pockets and behind them, clearly happy to be able to get rid of them. 

You fixed Wonsik's hair back to normal, Wonsik thanking you before Hakyeon got upset and messed up his own hair. You bit your lip to keep from laughing and fixed his hair as well. He's becoming an attention hog... Why is that so cute? It should be annoying but it's just cute.

Your phone buzzed. You let go of Hakyeon's hand and pulled out your phone, noticing it was a text from the director. 

From: Director

If those schools and companies aren't good enough, I have more cards. I just gave you those thinking they would be good choices. I thought I'd let you know that so you know how many options you have. 

You sighed, pulling at your hair a little. He's so set on making me an idol. I didn't even have time to look at all the places on his cards he already gave me and he's already shoving more in my face.

"What?" Hakyeon glanced at your phone but you shut off the screen before he could read it, his face full of confusion. 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." You mumbled, putting the phone back in your pocket only to have it ring again. 

You pulled it back out and noticed it was Ha Yi. Hyuk and Wonsik moved so that you could get out and you went into the bathroom as you answered it. "Ha Yi-ah, what is it?" 

"When are you coming home tonight?" 

"I'm eating with the boys right now so probably after I'm done eating." 

"Are you planning on bringing Hakyeon home again? He's been sleeping over here for the past few days, that's why I ask." 

"I wasn't planning on it tonight, why?" 

"Because Tae Hee is here again." 

"Tae Hee? Why?" 

"She said she was bored and wanted to stick around. I told her that you'd be home soon to decide whether she can stay or not." She sighed. "I really don't have good feelings towards her." 

"I know, me neither." You sighed as well, leaning against the sinks as you spoke. "I wonder what she wants. I haven't heard from her in a few days but today she suddenly contacted me out of no where today. It makes me suspicious, honestly." 

"So should I let her stay?" 

"Sure. Just watch her. I don't want to come home and find out she's been snooping around in my stuff." You glanced at your feet for a moment. "I have something to ask her, as well." 

"Like what?" 

"What she does for a living." 

"Why would you care?" 

"I just want to know. It's been something that I've been curious about for so long. She never seems to be at work, yet she says she has a job. It's strange." 

"I agree."

"Anyways, I'll be home soon. I'll make sure not to mess around after we get done eating so that I get there faster." 

"Take your time. She doesn't look like she's going anywhere." 

"I'm hanging up, see you later Ha Yi." You put your phone back in your pocket and shook your head a little. Tae Hee disappeared, now she's back. She's so suspicious. 

You left the bathroom and went back over to the table, Hyuk and Wonsik moving for you once more and sitting back down when you had slid back in beside Hakyeon. 

"Who was it?" Hakyeon asked as he watched Wonsik, Taekwoon, and the manager start to grill the meat. 

"Ha Yi." You mumbled. "Tae Hee showed up at my house again. She's so suspicious." 

"She finally left me alone... But now she's bugging you?" Hakyeon frowned. "Do you think she'll hurt you?" 

"Not physically, that's for sure." You grumbled. "Let's not worry about that right now, okay? As soon as we're done eating, I'll go figure out what she wants." 

"Tae Hee is always going to cause me issues, hm?" Hakyeon growled to himself as he put a few grilled pieces of meat on your plate. "Eat quickly so you can go to her before she does something weird." 

"Ha Yi is there with her." You spoke around the food you put into your mouth. "Let me eat in peace." 

Hakyeon grinned at you and started eating as well. Eventually, the whole table was full of conversations that had it's fair share of amusement in them for everyone. It was a really nice time and a good way to end the day right after ice skating for two hours.

Sadly, your day wasn't over on a good note like everyone else.

But not necessarily a bad one either.

--

Ha Yi ran to the door once she heard you coming in, pure glee written all over her face. "You came home at the perfect time!" She dragged you down the hall and shoved you into your room, shutting the door quickly.

"Ha..." You started to yowl at her but stopped abruptly when you spotted Tae Hee lying on your floor bawling her eyes out. "Yah, Tae Hee!"

She sat up, sniffled, and looked at you. "____-ah, you're finally home."

"Why are you crying all over my floor?" You questioned as you started taking off your clothing layers.

"These are not tears of sadness!" She stood up and gripped your shoulders, frightening you. "These are tears of joy, I promise."

"Tears of joy? You're bawling... How can that be happiness?" You pushed her away, staring at her oddly. "You're insane. Are you drunk?"

"I'm not drunk." She sniffled again and swiped away the remaining tears. "Guess what?"

"Do I want to know?"

"I got a promotion!"

"So you bawled over it?" You grumbled. "Why are you telling me? Am I your friend?"

"Yah, I've never gotten a promotion before." She sighed. "I've been in this line of work for two years and not once was I ever promoted or praised for my work. But finally I got some recognition!"

"What do you even do for a living?"

She hesitated. "Uhm... I do..." She glanced around the room, making you feel uncomfortable. "I'm a photographer."

"Photographer?" You felt like she was lying but then you suddenly recalled the camera she always carried with her. "Ah, is that why you always carry a camera?"

"Ah, yeah." She nodded.

"What do you photograph? People, nature, objects...?"

"I do nature a lot... But I do people here and there."

"Ah, well, congratulations." You smiled awkwardly. "Why'd you tell me though?" 

She smiled at you, smirking almost. "It was because of you that I got recognized." 

"Me? What'd I do? Inspire you?" 

"You can say that." She chuckled a little. "Just keep doing what you always do. It... Inspires me." 

She headed towards the door. "Yah, you're leaving?" You called after her. "You waited for me just to tell me that?" 

"Well, yeah. It's something I've done that's amazing and it was all because of you." She gave another small smile at you. "I had to thank the person who helped me rise in the ranks." 

"Uhm, sure." You nodded, watching her leave your room and following her to the door, making sure she left without snooping anywhere. And she did. 

I'm confused. She was bawling on the floor because of a promotion... That I caused? How'd I inspire her? 

My suspicions for Tae Hee just keep building and building. She's not answering any questions I have for her but yet she keeps giving me more to question about her. 

Tae Hee is one confusing person... Why do I feel like whatever she's up to is bad news? 

Everything about her is bad news...

 

 

Thank you for reading and subscribing, as always! <3 ~PandaBiscuit~