An Old Friend

To the Moon

"So, what do you want to do?" Ha Yi turned, looking at you. "I don't work until tomorrow and I'm already stuck on what to do." 

"Oh, you must be so bored!" You mocked her. "But I agree. We've been to Seoul so much lately that this week is a bore."

"Has HaJoon texted you?" 

"No, the last text he sent was that he'd be busy for a while." You mumbled, exiting the market you two had been wandering for a while. "He said that when I left his house last week." 

"Busy? What does he do? Is he rich?" Ha Yi bumped your shoulder. "Yah, why do you look so upset? Do you like him now?" 

"I told you, I've liked him a bit more intimately lately but I'm not in love with you." 

"You will. You're getting attached to those texts he gives you and then when he doesn't send you any, you get nervous and sad, like you are now." Ha Yi grabbed your phone from your hand. "You've been carrying this thing all day!"

You sighed once more and took the phone back, checking to see if there were messages but when there was none, you turned it off again. "True. I guess I've grown a little attached." 

"Be careful. I don't want to see your heart broken. High school was enough of a drama on its own." She rolled her eyes, her heels suddenly stopped clicking as she paused. "Wait."

"What?" You stopped as well, turning to face her and squinting your eyes from the sun. "Did you forget something?"

"No, I just remembered something." She smiled, cheekily. "Do you remember Hyun Shik? Moon Hyun Shik?"

"Oh, yeah! He was our close friend in high school." You smiled as well. "I haven't seen him since graduation! How long ago was that again?"

"4 years!" Ha Yi giggled. "Should we visit him? He lives in Suwon still."

"How would you know that?"

"Because I'm guessing!" She grabbed your hand. "Let's go see if he's still living there! If he is, then we could all hang out like nothing happened! It'll get your mind of HaJoon."

"At least your memory is good." You chuckled as she dragged you down the street towards the neighborhood the two of you use to live in when you were younger, which was only 10 minutes from where you lived now. 

--

"You knock." Ha Yi looked at you, suddenly shy.

"Uhm, no, you knock first." You shook your head. "You wanted to come here so you knock."

Ha Yi scowled at you before knocking on the door a few times, stepping back to wait. "Do you think he'll remember us?"

"Dude, it's been 4 years, not 10. And I'm sure if we remember him then he remembers us." You mumbled just as the door opened to reveal the familiar face, his brown hair was still styled the same way as always. 

Ha Yi couldn't contain herself and hugged him. "Hyun Shik!" 

"Ha Yi?" His voice was the same as you remembered as well, bringing on a warm feeling. "And ___? What brings you two here?"

"Ha Yi thought of you today when we were wandering around the market down our block." You smiled at him. "Have you been well?"

"Yeah." He chuckled, peeling Ha Yi off of him. "I missed you guys."

"Then why'd you lose contact with us after school? Idiot!" Ha Yi crossed her arms and scowled at him. 

"I was too busy to call you guys, I guess." He frowned. "Do you guys want to come in?" 

"No!" Ha Yi dropped her arms and offered another smile. "Let's go to a karaoke bar!" 

"Now?" You gave her a shocked face. "It's only 3 in the afternoon!" 

"So?" Hyun Shik exited his house, shutting the door. "Let's go anyways! We need to catch up from lost time."

"Hey, are you rich yet? You promised to get rich when you graduated." Ha Yi questioned as we began our walk back down the way Ha Yi and you just came. You trailed behind them a little and toned them out. 

You started to wonder what Hakyeon was doing. You knew life as an idol was a busy lifestyle but you didn't know exactly what they did all day and you weren't necessarily close enough to ask that sort of question. Honestly, you didn't even know what your relationship with Hakyeon was. 

"___-ah!" Ha Yi called, glancing at you slightly. "What are you doing back there? Stop thinking about HaJoon!" 

"HaJoon? Did ___ get a boyfriend?" Hyun Shik asked Ha Yi.

"It's complicated." Ha Yi waved her hands at him. "You don't want to get into that mess, even ___ doesn't know what he is to her." 

You rolled your eyes at her and just continued to follow them, listening to the two of them talk but not listening hard enough to know what they were talking about completely. Eventually, you ending up pulling out your phone and texting Hakyeon. 

To: HaJoon

Hey. I know you said you were busy but I just wanted to tell you that my friend and I are going to a karaoke bar in Suwon right now. If you happen to have a few hours to yourself to travel to Suwon and hang out for a bit then that'd be cool. But I understand if you're busy. Here's the address: _____ _____ 

You hestitated to send the message before you finally did, shutting off your phone completely and putting it in your back pocket, and catching up with Ha Yi. "I invited HaJoon. Just in case he's free." 

"Good. We'll send him the room number we get then when we get there! Almost there anyways." Ha Yi winked at you and then went back to her conversation with Hyun Shik. 

You wanted to turn on your phone again but you didn't because you didn't want to be disappointed that he was still busy. 

The three of you turned into the karaoke bar and requested a room, paying with Hyun Shik's card since Ha Yi convinced him that the two of you had no money, which was true to a point.

When the room had been requested, Ha Yi and Hyun Shik hurried towards the room up the stairs and down the hall, entering quickly and leaving you to trail in soon after them. 

"Here we are!" Ha Yi cheered at the room you were given. 

Black sofas sat in the back, following along the wall. A large, round, wooden table sat in the middle of the floor and the large screen where the lyrcis and music would come from, hung against the wall that you had came in the door from. The wooden floors were polished and the warm, orange paint on the wall was soothing.

"This is a nice room." Hyun Shik agreed. "Do you guys want drinks?"

"Suju!" Ha Yi spoke with excitement as she seated herself on the sofa.

"No." You countered. "No alcohol. Just get some soda liters and something to snack on."

"Why no alcohol? Just cause you don't drink doesn't mean we don't!" Ha Yi complained.

"I don't want to deal with you being drunk. Besides, we should remember tonight, not get drunk and forget it all." You scolded her, shooing Hyun Shik away to place the order. "Ha Yi-ah, I doubt HaJoon will come but if he does, I'm sure he doesn't drink either." 

"You ruin the fun." Ha Yi whined. "Since you ruined it, you can sing last." 

You shrugged. "Fine by me. Not like I wanted to come here completely, though it is fun to be here." 

Ha Yi stood up and found the screen remote, turning on the screen. "What song should I sing first?" She started scrolling through the songs. 

"You should sing Electric Shock." You suggested just as the song had shown up. 

Ha Yi selected the song and picked up one of the mics sitting on the wooden table, turning it on as the song started. You watched as she sang the lyrics that popped up onto the screen and even danced a little but she wasn't much of a dancer so she refraned from doing too much. 

Hyun Shik entered and took his seat beside you on the sofa. "I put the order in place. I told them not to deliver it until 4." 

"Good idea." You nodded at Ha Yi. "She wanted the first song. You should sing it with her." 

"Nah, I don't know that song much." Hyun Shik smiled. "So, ___, how have you been since school?" 

"Lazy." You admitted, relaxing into the sofa and talking a little louder so he could hear you over the music and Ha Yi's singing. "We share an apartment but we're both poor. I guess half of it is my fault since she works like 4 part time jobs while I work no where. I signed with a journalist company but they never called me so I'm assuming I've been fired before I was hired." 

"That blows." He glanced at Ha Yi. "You guys haven't changed a bit. Her hair is still long and that caramel color. You still have the same long brown hair. And I still have my brown hair that I never really styled different." 

"You're judging our changes by our hair?" You narrowed your eyes at him. "You are an odd person." 

"Hey, it's not that odd. People do it all the time. You two use to calculate when a song or vlog was released by the Super Junior's members' hair!" 

"You still remember that?" You giggled. "I haven't listened to Super Junior in a long time."

"Me either." Ha Yi joined our conversation when the song ended. "Who's next?"

"You told me to go last." You countered.

"Shikkie! You're up." Ha Yi laughed. "Let's see those dance moves!" 

Hyun Shik stood up and grabbed the mic from Ha Yi's hands, positioning himself in front of the screen and using the remote to pick his song. He ended up going with EXO's Growl. 

The two of you watched him with amusement. He sang well but he didn't like to dance so it was awkward to watch. 

The three of you enjoyed your time singing for a few hours, your bellies aching from laughing so long at each other and your head pounding from the music and how hyped everyone would get when a song they knew came on. But, long story short, those few hours that passed by were fun.

"Let's see you sing again, ___-ah!" Ha Yi cheered as she sat back down beside Hyun Shik. "We're tired."

"Me too." You sighed, standing up and grabbing a mic. "Who should I sing this time?" 

"A VIXX song." Hyun Shik chuckled at the way you looked at the screen. "Do Hyde!" 

"Deal!" You liked that song a lot. It was the song where Hakyeon looked his best, or so you thought anyways. 

You sang half the song before someone walked into the room, causing you to freeze mid-chorus. "HaJoon!" Ha Yi cheered. "Look at that, ___-ah, he did come." 

Hakyeon came? You tossed the mic at Ha Yi and pulled on Hakyeon's white hoodie, leading him into the hall and shutting the door. "You came?" 

He pulled down his hoodie and frowned at you. "I've been busy and I felt bad for not even contacting you. I had some free time today and you offered me a chance to have an outing with you." 

You nodded. "Yeah I got that part. I guess that I half expected you not to come when I sent that text eariler. How will you hide yourself from them?" 

"Just like I do all the time." He smoothened out his silver hair before pulling the hoodie back on and adjusting the glasses you had bought him. "So you invited me but now you're upset that I came? I sent you texts but your phone must be off." 

"I'm not upset." You admitted. "I'm actually really happy you could come. Just be careful, okay? Ha Yi will most likely try to get you to sing so just make up excuses. I'll help you out." 

Hakyeon gave you that same killer smile you fell for when you first watched VIXX. "I'm happy you invited me, too. Keep inviting me places. I probably won't be able to go to all of them but I'll try." 

You nodded and led him back into the room, releasing his wrist when you realized that you were holding onto him. "HaJoon, this is Moon Hyun Shik and Gu Ha Yi." You pointed to them individually when you said their names. "Guys, this is Min HaJoon." 

Hyun Shik smiled and nodded at Hakyeon and Ha Yi waved at him. "Do you want to sing, HaJoon-ah?" Ha Yi dropped formalities quickly like she always does. 

"He doesn't want to sing." You spoke first. "He's just going to relax with us for a while. Maybe he'll sing later."

"Fair enough." Hyun Shik stood. "Ha Yi, let's sing another song together."

Ha Yi nodded and the two of them stood in front of the screen and picked a song, Ha Yi dancing and singing while Hyun Shik just sang and laughed at her. You sat on the sofa and Hakyeon sat beside you. "So, how'd you get here?" You mumbled over the music.

"I took a cab." He shrugged, smiling at you again. "Did you miss me the week we were apart?" 

"I think I miss Ravi more than I missed you." You mocked him playfully. 

"You need to forget that!" He flicked your forehead. 

"How can I? It was the best day of my life!" 

"___!" 

You giggled and shook your head. "I'm kidding. Though, I wouldn't complain if I say him like that again." 

He scowled at you before watching Ha Yi. "She likes to dance?" 

You nodded. "Especially if it is a song she knows really well. She can't dance well but who cares?" 

"I want to sing a song with you." He complained. 

"Well, you can't." You sighed. 

"Then sing for me."

"What? No!" 

"Why not? I heard you a little bit when I walked in but I couldn't tell if you were good or not."

"Yah, my singing has no relevance to you." 

"But I still want to hear you." He drooped his head, pretending to be devastated. "Please?"

"Maybe." You caved. "So what did you do all week?" 

"A lot of things."

"What types of things?"

"Things." He chuckled, recieving a scowl from you. "We were recording music."

"Oh! New songs? Tell me!"

"Nope. You're a fan so you don't get to know until the rest do."

"Waah... Fan equality does run through your mind." You crossed your arms. "Fine. I'll let it slide for now." 

"For now?"

"Yeah, since you came today then that means I'll let it slide." You gasped with shock as you remembered something. "Yah! We met again. What's your revealing story this time?" 

"Oh yeah!" He nodded. "It's a happy one this time." He waited for Ha Yi to choose another song before he spoke. "When I was training to become a Korean singer, I met Super Junior's Siwon for the first time in person."

You glared at him. "What kind of story is that? That doesn't reveal anything about you!" 

"They don't all have to reveal something." He sighed. "I didn't think of a story to tell you so I told you that one. It's a good story! Siwon is a pretty chill guy." 

"Siwon is hot." You mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing." You shook your head, recieving an odd look from Hakyeon. "I said nothing! Look, Ha Yi is singing VooDoo Doll." 

Hakyeon narrowed his eyes at you before dragging his eyes over to Ha Yi. You two sat in silence and watched Ha Yi and Hyun Shik have all the fun for a long time. Ha Yi eventually stopped playing songs and looked at the two of us. "You guys don't want to sing? We only have an hour left for this room. Hyun Shik and I are done so we'll just leave if you guys aren't singing." 

"Why don't you two go ahead then?" You stood up and spoke to Ha Yi. "HaJoon isn't busy for a few more hours so we'll just stay in here until the last hour is up. You can hang out with Hyun Shik." 

Ha Yi winked at you and nodded. "I get it, we'll leave."

"Yah! That's not what I meant!" You called as they gathered their belongings and left the room. "Whatever."

"Now you can sing for me." Hakyeon stood, shedding his hoodie and glasses. He was wearing black fitted jeans and a loose navy blue dress shirt that was tucked messily into his pants. He was still the ungodly hot idol you adored so you couldn't help but adore him. 

"Now YOU can sing for ME." You pointed to him as you spoke. "Do it." 

He smiled. "Let's just sing together. My living is to sing for people so it wouldn't be special if I did it alone."

"Well it would but whatever, let's sing something." You giggled as he positioned himself next to you in front of the screen. "What do you want to sing?" 

"Let's pick randomly. Shut your eyes and hold down the arrow key on the remote. When I say stop then you stop and that's the song we sing." He explained as you nodded in agreement and did what he said to do. "Stop!" 

We opened our eyes and saw that it had picked B.A.P's Rain Sound. "Oh, that's a good song!"

You selected the song and the two of you began singing. You loved the sound of his beautiful voice and kept stealing glances at him as he stared at the screen. You smiled, sometimes forgetting to sing because you were so engulfed in how he looked when he sang. Eventually, he caught on and gave you a wink when he caught you staring. Your face flushed bright red and you joined back in with him, still stealing small glances at him.

When the song ended, the two of you sat back down and smiled at each other. "See, that was fun." Hakyeon mumbled. 

"Hey, I have a question." You began. "The members saw me, they all did. Does that mean I don't have to hide from them anymore?" 

Hakyeon sighed, raking a hand through his silver hair and nodded slowly. "They agreed to keep it from the manager. Technically, you could be seen by them and it'd be okay but..."

"But you don't want me too." You finished before he did.

"No, that's not what I was going to say. But, you still should be careful. Journalists are always hanging around our dorm to try and catch one of us with scandalous acts. If they see you hanging around they might cling onto you and I don't want that to happen, for either of us. It'll ruin VIXX's image and then you'll be trapped. People aren't always the nicest." 

"Oh, I know." You chuckled. "Don't worry about it. I understand. I'm upset because this means I can't become friends with them but at least I can stay friends with you. I was worried that when I left last week that you would stop contacting me since they saw me."

"I'm not that rude!" He exclaimed. 

"I know, I know! Just... I tend to think negatively a lot." 

"Do you want to sing some more?" He changed the subject.

"No thanks, I think I like talking to you a lot better." 

"You think?"

"Yeah, I'm also very indecisive." 

He chuckled, nodding. "Then let's talk." He moved closer to you and smiled again. Your heart pounded even though he wasn't sitting that close. But you managed to speak even though you felt like you'd burst into flames then and there. 

"Deal!" 

Hakyeon is here. Again. How lucky you must be to have your beloved idol sitting beside you and just having a simple conversation. But even so... You didn't know what to think. You already admitted to yourself that his looks were definitely attractive. Sure, you liked him. But you couldn't tell if you liked him in a personal way or just a fan type love. Even if it was a personal love, it would always be one sided. Either way, it wouldn't matter. Hakyeon is in front of you and he's talking to you. He's here by choice, be happy with that fact.

Just smile and treat him like you've known him all your life.

 

 

Alright, so I apologize. Exotic told me she would write and post this chapter but she didn't so I wrote it so that I could give you this update as soon as possible! I'm sorry it took slightly longer than promised but here it is! This was sort of a rushed chapter since my life is getting pretty busy lately but I still believe it turned out well. Anyways, thank you for reading and be sure to read the next chapter! Will post it shortly! -PandaBiscuit