Rivalry

To the Moon

"As if!" You scoffed. "I'd never treat her like a sister."

"____-ah..." Your mother sighed. "At least be nice to her."

"Be nice? If you had any idea what she did to Hakyeon then..." She cut you off. 

"Hakyeon isn't you. That is something between her and Hakyeon, it has nothing to do with you." 

"Nothing to do with me? Hakyeon is with me now. I have every right to get involved, especially when she's still trying to ruin his life." You rubbed your eyes with frustration before letting out a sigh. "I promised Hakyeon that I'd try and forgive you. I promised Hakyeon that I'd let dad go so I can be happy. But how am I supposed to be happy when Tae Hee keeps shoving herself around everything that I'm trying to fix? Does it make any sense?" 

"You what?" A smile trickled onto her face. "You want to try and reconcile with me?"

"Did you not hear me? It's because Hakyeon wanted me too. That's the only reason why." You looked away from her. 

"Anyways," She cleared , looking back to Jung Shik who had appeared. "Just try not to start any fights, please. Tae Hee is a wonderful girl."

"Wonderful girl my ." You grumbled, Jung Shik approaching you. "What do you want? Are you going to scold me about Tae Hee too?"

He shook his head. "I'm just thanking you, for coming that is." 

"What?" You were taken aback. Once more, he ceased to surprise me.

"I'm thanking you." He smiled, humorously. "Thank you, _____." 

You hesitated for a bit, unsure of what to say. How can such a person like her have a chill dad like this? Would my dad be this chill in a situation similar? I wonder... "Uh, thank you. No! I mean, sure. I mean... I liked being here." You hit yourself on the head. What the hell did I just say? I can't just admit to liking it here! 

He chuckled. "Will you be stopping by in the future? I would like to know ahead of time so I can prepare dishes that you like." 

"Sushi." You spat. "I like sushi, that's it." 

"Well, okay." He nodded, that stupid amused smile still plastered on his face. "Feel free to hang around here a bit more." He left you standing there, angry at yourself for saying all the wrong things. 

Wait. Where is Hakyeon? And Tae Hee? Ah... I can't even keep track of idiot number one and now I have idiot number two to watch out for. You stopped out of the kitchen and into the living room, seeing Hakyeon sitting calmly on the couch and swiping through  his phone as Tae Hee blabbed off, trying to get his attention but he just kept ignoring her. Good. Ignore her. 

You plopped yourself down beside Hakyeon, sitting closer than you normally would, and looked at his phone, ignoring Tae Hee as well. "What are you looking at?" 

Hakyeon glanced at you, giving you an odd look. "Why are you so close? You're basically sitting on top of me." 

You rolled your eyes and ignored him. "Is that twitter?" 

"No." He spoke sarcastically. "Yes, it's twitter." 

"Do you guys actually post stuff then?"

"Not usually. We have a right to look though, don't we?" 

Why is he being so sassy? He's irritating me. "It's late, Hakyeon, when can we leave?" 

"Leave now." Tae Hee snapped and caused both you and Hakyeon to jump with surprise, clearly ticked that you both paid her no attention.

You glared at her. "You leave. This is my house."

"I don't see you living here." Tae Hee smirked, clearly happy that you've showed her attention.

Hakyeon rolled his eyes and tapped your shoulder. "Stop it, ____. She's just trying to fire you up."

"I grew up in this house, better?" You ignored him. You knew he was right but she just ticked you off so much. 

She shook her head, relaxing into the couch. "Then it's not your house." 

"I swear, I'm going to hit you." You stood up to hit her but Hakyeon yanked you back down, glaring at you.

"There is no reason to hit her." Hakyeon scolded.

Tae Hee smiled pleasantly. "Look, he's taking my side. Like always." 

You felt yourself heat up with anger and embarrassment. Angry at her stupid and embarrassed at the fact that he did take her side. Why is he taking her side? Why does he take everyone else's side but mine? He takes the sides of people I hate the most. Why? 

You glared at Tae Hee but just sat there in silence, Hakyeon trying to hold your hand to calm you but you just slapping it away. 

Tae Hee looked pleased with herself, which made you want to hit her even more. "____, just give up. I've been in Hakyeon's heart for 6 years. Do you think I'm that easy to be forgotten in a year?" Don't believe her, _____. She's just trying to fire you up... She's lying. Hakyeon wouldn't lie to you. "Sure, he might not love me anymore. But, do you know how easy it is to change that? You can't just end such a relationship after 6 years and expect him not to be swayed again. That's foolish if you believe it's impossible." 

Hakyeon was getting irritated now as well but he stayed silent, going back to twitter. Just ignore her, _____. Ignore her. 

"Hakyeon can't truly love you, you know? I'll always be there to remind him of what happens when he loves someone. I'll never truly be forgotten and he'll never be able to truly love you, you know?" Tae Hee smiled. "Why try? He can't give you his heart if I still have it."

Hakyeon was about to snap at her but you didn't give him the time and you snapped instead, standing up and landing a heavy slap a crossed her cheek. She held her cheek in shock and pain as she glared at you. "Why don't you just shut up? He left you because you were a dirty to him. Hakyeon wouldn't tell me that he loved me if he wasn't serious. Hakyeon isn't the decieving type like you are." You snapped, your filter flying off the hook. "I won't believe your lies. He won't believe your lies. No one will. So what's the point in ruining what he has now when you've already ruined him in the past?" 

She stood up, shoving you backwards and have you stumble over the coffee table but manage to catch yourself and step away from it. "How dare you talk to me like this? Do you know anything?" She screamed, startling you when you realized that she was actually willing to fight you. "Scared? Then leave. Go." 

"I know enough." You stepped up to her, keeping your surprise hidden within you so it wouldn't show on you. 

She shoved you back again and smirked. "You know enough? Then why challenge me? It's clear you don't know everything." 

"Stop it!" Hakyeon grabbed onto Tae Hee's arm but she snatched it away from him and shoved him back, his face twisting with anger. 

"Don't touch me." She growled at him before turning back to you. I feel so small next to her... She's not that much taller than me but yet... Why do I feel so small? 

Tae Hee pulled back her hand to hit you but Hakyeon stopped it before she could follow through. Jung Shik and your mother ran in and stepped between you two, your mother clearly outraged but Jung Shik was surprisingly calm. 

"If you two wish to fight, don't do it in this house." Jung Shik sighed. 

Your mother looked at you. "Why?" 

You ignored her and glared at Tae Hee as she pretended like she was the victim and tried to up to her dad. But he had none of it and just shook her head at Tae Hee, pointing to his ears. "Do you think I'm deaf? We heard everything you two said. Like I said, if you want to fight, then do it somewhere else. In this house, we are family. I don't care what happens outside of this house but in here, we are family." 

Hakyeon bowed his head at Jung Shik and your mother and grabbed your hand, pulling you outside. You were terrified that Hakyeon was going to scold you and that he would take Tae Hee's side. You were terrified that he wouldn't want to be with you anymore and you were even more terrified of him thinking you were a completely different person after seeing that side of you.

But, to your surprise, he didn't say anything and instead just stood there and looked at you. He didn't look angry, upset, or anything. He just looked... Calm. 

After a while, you couldn't take it anymore and spoke first. "H-Hakyeon-ah..." You hesitated, watching his face for any change in expression. "Are you..." But you couldn't finish your sentence. You were too afraid that he would break it off with you. You two hadn't even got to let your feelings for each other grow and now there was a possibility that he'd end it before it even started. 

He let out a small sigh and smiled. "____, please don't fight. Not even with Tae Hee." Your heart ached when he added Tae Hee. Is he defending her? "I do dislike her. I dislike her with a strong passion that you might even call it despise or hate. But even I know that disliking someone like that won't give you anything in return. I told you about Tae Hee so that my past would be open to you for understanding, not so that you can share the dislike I have towards her. I don't want you to dislike anyone because of me. If I dislike her, then that's my issue. But I don't want you to dislike her because I do." 

"But I don't dislike her just because you do." You countered, your voice raising without intention. "I dislike her because of what she did to you. I'd dislike someone if they did that to Ha Yi, or Hyun Shik, or myself. Sure, you disliking her kind of helped the growing dislike I had, but I already didn't like her when you told me about her. I already didn't like her when I knew how much she hurt you." 

"I'm not scolding you, don't get defensive. I don't want this to be an argument." He offered another small smile. "If you have to dislike her, then do it. I just don't want it to be because of my opinions of her." 

You narrowed your eyes at him. "Hakyeon, you never cease to amaze me either."

"What?" 

"Jung Shik... He's so calm and collected and understanding. It never fails to amaze me. With you..." You smiled, feeling a little lighter after he had explained to you. "I feel like you're just the same. You might not be collected like he is or calm at times but, when it comes down to serious things, you're very understanding. I like it." 

He bowed his head slightly and chuckled. "Am I? I just don't want to hurt anyone." 

"You're a baby." You laughed. "You can't protect people from getting hurt if that's what needs to happen, you know?" 

He nodded, touching your shoulder lightly. "Let's go. We have a busy schedule tomorrow." 

"What? Why? What are we doing?" You pouted. 

He pretended to think a moment. "Well, besides the usual practice schedule, I have somewhere I want to take you." 

"Take me?" You grew excited. "Is it somewhere fun?" 

"No. It's really boring." He joked, heading back to the van with you following after him. "You'll hate it, that's why I want to take you there."

"Liar!" You laughed, pausing when your mother called for you, jogging over to you and Hakyeon. 

"_____!" She smiled, pushing a gift bag into your arms. "I almost forgot it." 

You saw Tae Hee standing by the door, her face streaked with tears as she glared at you and Hakyeon. You ignored her and smiled at your mother. "Cool, thanks." 

You went to move away but your mother suddenly embraced you. "It's been so long since I've held you." She sighed, letting you go shortly after. "But I won't push it because you're trying to come back to me after so long." 

You nodded and waved as she went back into the house, Tae Hee still standing there. 

"Look closely, Tae Hee." You couldn't help but say something. "Hakyeon is over you, he's with me, and he's happy. You never made him this happy and I won't give you even the slightest chance to try. You messed up and lost an amazing person. Don't come after me because you can't stand the fact that I treat him better." 

Hakyeon got into the van as Tae Hee approached you, swiping tears from her face. "What do you know about me?" She growled, pausing just inches from you. "All you know about is the bad things I did to Hakyeon. You know nothing else about me." 

You stared at her, supressing your anger and speaking firmly. "The thing is... I don't have to know you." You shook your head, smiling. "The fact that you could do such a horrible thing to such an amazing person already shows me just who you are." 

"Listen..."

You cut her off. "What do you know about me?" You startled her by the sudden question. "You're yelling at me that I don't know a thing about you. But do you know a thing about me? You can't sit here and yell at me for not knowing you when you yell at me without knowing a thing about me. Do you understand how twisted that is?" 

She hesitated. "I don't have to know you either!" 

"But what have I done wrong?" You smirked. "I didn't do anything to tick you off. Is it cause I'm dating Hakyeon now? That's a pretty lame excuse to hate someone, don't you think?" 

She grew frustrated and stomped back into the house, slamming the door shut behind her. I feel like I've won this time. All I have to do is twist her words and I win... 

Feeling proud of yourself, you jogged over to the passenger's side and climbed in, Hakyeon starting the van as you did so. "Look how dark it is. I didn't even notice." You sighed. 

Hakyeon leaned over and kissed you on the cheek, startling you and making you grow flustered as well. "She's a liar." He smiled, lingering his face close to yours and causing your heart to speed up. "She's mad because she knows that my heart slipped right out of her hands and into yours." He pointed at your hands. "If you let it go, then I'll just put it back, okay? I trust you and you only to hold onto it, got it?" 

You stared at him, finding it hard to breath with the sudden intimacy. "What?"

"I have yours too, okay?" He chuckled. "I won't let go of it either. Okay?"

"W-why are you saying this all of the sudden?" You mumbled as he pulled away and started driving. 

"I thought I'd remind you about what it means to be in a relationship." He smiled to himself. "Don't listen to Tae Hee. Close your ears to everyone and just focus on us, okay?" 

He's being sincere? What is this? 

He must be worried that Tae Hee's words would persuade me. 

I'd be lying if I said they didn't, at least a little bit. 

--

"Aw, why?" Hyuk pouted as Jaehwan placed a piece of beef on his plate. 

"Shut up!" Jaehwan mocked. "Eat. Eat it all!" 

Hyuk looked at Jaehwan with a pleading look. "Hyung..." 

Jaehwan smiled widely at Hyuk, picking up the beef with this chopsticks again and stuck it into Hyuk's mouth, Hyuk giving a nasty look to Jaehwan as he chewed it. 

"Why does he have to eat it all?" You felt sorry for Hyuk and took pieces of meat of his plate. "The poor thing is so tiny, you can't force him to eat or he'll explode." 

Hakyeon stared at you as you ate the beef, shrugging your shoulders at him. 

"Noona!" Hyuk smiled widely when he finished his meat.

You smiled and ate another piece of meat. "Don't listen to your hyungs when it comes to food. Just give it all to me." 

Hakyeon ate the last bit of meat off of your plate and shook his head. "Give it to me." He mumbled around the food. "All of it." 

You giggled, glancing at Jaehwan and Hongbin as they pretended to cringe at you and Hakyeon. 

"Anyways, _____, what are you going to do about the media?" Wonsik added himself in as he finished chewing his meat. "They're still buzzing about you and Hakyeon's relationship. The manager and the director have been trying to direct them away for a while now." 

You sighed, sipping your water before you sat back, propping yourself up with your arms on the floor of the dance room. "We'll figure something out. Maybe I'll just wear gloves from now on." Taekwoon sat up taller, glanced at your hands, and then relaxed again, finishing up his meat as well. "Oh, I peaked his interest!" You grew excited. "Taekwoon-ah!" 

Taekwoon stared at you calmly. "What?" His voice is so cute, oh my god... 

You smiled. "Nothing. Look, Hakyeon, I made him talk to me."

"All he said was what." Hakyeon rolled his eyes, stuffing a piece of meat in your mouth and then laughing at your reaction. 

"EW!" Jaehwan screamed, rolling away from the table. 

Hongbin copied him, laughing too hard to succeed in copying him completely.

Hyuk stared at the boys and cracked up into laughter, rolling towards them as well. 

Wonsik and Taekwoon just kind of stared at them while Hakyeon looked like he was contemplating life as he watched them. 

You pulled out the phone your mother bought you from your jacket pocket and turned it on. You and Ha Yi activated it yesterday but you didn't do much else with it. Hakyeon seemed to notice it and took it from you, snapping a few pictures of himself. 

"Yah, what are you doing right now?" You laughed at some of the faces he was doing. 

"It's a new phone, you need lots of me on it." He explained, snapping a few pictures of himself with you in the background and then finally giving it back. "I helped the process." 

"You're so full of yourself." You laughed, turning off your phone again and slipping it into your jacket pocket. 

Hakyeon looked at you for a while before turning to face his back to you and then lowering his head onto your lap. He stared at you for a reaction but you just stared back, unsure of how to react. He's been this close to you before so you weren't totally flushed but still the suddenly closeness made your heart pound a little heavier than normal. 

He smiled after a while and poked your nose. "Hey, you look really pretty right now." 

"Again with this 'right now' stuff." You mumbled. 

He pulled your head down a little bit, lifting his head up slightly to meet you halfway, and quickly pecked your lips before setting his head back down and letting you go. You stared at him, feeling your face grow hot. But before either of you could say anything, someone else had input. 

Jaehwan was standing in front of you two as he spoke. "You two need to get a room." He squealed, rubbing his eyes. "It won't leave!" 

"I got a picture of that!" Hongbin screeched with laughter when Jaehwan ran at him to see. "I'm posting it to twitter." 

"Yeah, you go right ahead and do that." Hakyeon laughed along with them. Wonsik grabbed onto Hakyeon's feet and dragged him a crossed the floor and over to one of the walls made entirely of mirrors and shoved him against the wall. "Yah, yah! What is this? What are you doing to me?" 

"Just look at yourself. We don't want to see you making out with _____ so just look at yourself." 

"Why look at myself?" Hakyeon was laughing so hard you thought he'd pass out. 

"Because then you wouldn't want to kiss anyone anymore because of how bad you look." Wonsik laughed as well, Hyuk and him sitting against Hakyeon's back to keep him pressed against the wall. 

You imagined a smooshed Hakyeon's face and nearly cracked up as well. Hongbin and Jaehwan stopped giggling together and went over to Hakyeon, kicking his feet a little while Wonsik pretended to slice Hakyeon's neck with his hands. Taekwoon just watched it all happen like you did.

They act like this off camera all the time. It makes me happier and happier to see them like this. They work themselves too hard to be serious all the time and the fact that they can play like this without a camera around is really nice. 

You liked how happy Hakyeon and the boys were and you didn't mind being outcasted for a while as they played. Hakyeon was laughing so hard he was crying, which made the other members crack up even more. That moment seemed really perfect to you and you honestly didn't want it to end. 

But it did when the manager came in, Wonsik and Hyuk scurrying away from Hakyeon and left to scurry to his feet on his own. Hongbin let out one last giggle over Hakyeon before looking at the manager. "_____, can I speak with you?" He sighed. 

Your heart dropped. Did the director get enough evidence to prove me guilty? Am I about to be fired? You looked at Hakyeon, who was giving you the same frightened face. "What for?" You asked tentativly.

"It's nothing bad, don't give me such a scared look." He chuckled, leading you outside the dorm practice room and down the hall a little so the boys couldn't eavesdrop. 

"Are you sure its nothing bad?" You mumbled, your heart still beating nervously. 

"I'm sure." He smiled. "The media has been targeting you, of course, for a few days now. Though you aren't an idol, which means the director can't help you out any, he's come up with something crazy."

"Something crazy?" You raised an eyebrow. "Like what?"

"You can take on an interview to defame yourself a little bit." 

"Defame myself? But I didn't do anything wrong and doing an interview over it will just make me look more guilty." 

"Well." He gave you a knowing look, reminding you that it is not a lie at all. "It was a suggestion from the director. If not, you'll just continue to be targeted. Not like anything will come out of it as long as you don't give them anymore evidence."

You nodded. "I'll think about it. Doing an interview is out of my comfort zone so if it gets to that point then I might take it on." 

He nodded as well. "The boys already ate so run them through some practices for a few more hours since it's only 6pm and then turn them in. They know what they need to do before they sleep."

"Where are you going?" You asked. "I mean, I don't mind doing all of this, but where are you going?" 

He sighed, twitching a small smile. "I'm having troubles with my girlfriend right now. Since I'm a manager to a busy group, I'm always too busy to do anything with her. Kind of like how you and Hakyeon were before you took on this job. But she can't do that, obviously. So I'm just trying to fix things." 

"Oh." You frowned. "Then go to her. If she's like me, she's probably being really childish about it."

He chuckled and went up the stairs quickly, leaving you standing there alone for a moment. 

An interview to defame? Isn't that just going to make me look like a bad person if I defame myself? Defaming isn't a good thing... If it gets bad though, I guess I'll have to do it. At least then it'll distract everyone from news about the actually VIXX members... But I also don't want to damage VIXX's reputation. Whatever, I'll think about it later. 

Let's just hurry up and practice so the boys can be turned loose. They'd like that. 

 

Heellllo there :) Exotic finally got back with me and she will be writing the next chapter for Thursday's update. Also, if you want, I'm starting another fan fiction featuring Ken titled Humanoid. I haven't posted any chapters yet but the foreword is there. Just thought I'd put that out there :) Thanks for reading and subscribing and look forward to Exotic's update! ~PandaBiscuit~