Back In Korea

To the Moon

So another few months passed and you were still in America. You asked about the music video with VIXX about 100 times but the director never really told you much about it so you had no idea what was actually happening with that. You assumed the offer was declined because they wouldn't just wait a few months for a music video. 

But, on the bright side, the 2nd mini album, Error, was released a few days ago, October 14th. You liked it just as much as the last one.

"When are we going back, it's finally October." You asked Jae Jung as he joined you outside on the porch out back. 

"We leave at the end of this week." He sighed, sitting on the steps. "I agree to it being 'finally'. I've been wanting to go home for a long while." 

"You always stay this long?" 

"Most of the time it's longer." He nodded, sipping his soda. "I still do work here so it doesn't count as a complete vacation, like I said before." 

"Lame." You sighed as well, pulling out your phone. "I miss Hakyeon, a lot." 

Jae Jung stood sharply and looked at you. "Oh yeah... I forgot to tell you this." 

"What now?" 

"Remember VIXX's tour that was planned a bit ago?" 

"Yeah."

"They released the spots." 

"And..."

"And one of them is in America, in Indiana." 

You couldn't help but bite your lip in frustration. "And this is when?"

"November 22nd for that concert..." He stood awkwardly. 

"Well... At least I'll have a few days to try and see him." You mumbled. "." 

"You've got a lot of trust in your relationship, you'll do fine once you get passed this rough patch." 

"Hey Jae Jung." 

"What?"

"Should I sign to be an actress after my time is up? A year will be confirmed around December... I don't want to because I want to be with Hakyeon but I also... Want to." 

He thought a moment and then smiled. "Sign. You'll regret if you put in all this work and then go back to normal jobs. Hakyeon will be busy no matter what you do so you would've sacrificed for nothing." 

"That's true." You nodded. "Thanks, I wouldn't have even thought of that until after I decided not to sign. 

"I know. I've gotten to understand how you think." He winked, pausing by you to go inside but then paused and looked at you again, "Oh, one more thing."

"Hm?" 

"I'm going to try and break up with you." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah. I've gotten all the attention I could get and you've now got a lot of attention on you so there is no point." 

"Aw but we'll lose the 'perfect couple' title." You joked. 

"Boo-hoo." 

"Do you like someone?" You called to him, stopping him once more.

"Huh?"

"Do you like someone?" You laughed, standing as well. "You like someone, right? That's why you'll try and put an end to this?" 

He chuckled a little. "Yeah, I do." 

"Oh, who is it?" You got excited. 

He shook his head. "You wouldn't know her. She's a childhood friend." 

"I see, I see." You smiled once more. "Go for it, Jae Jung." 

"Duh." He hurried inside, embarrassed that he even told you. 

"I've never been so happy to break up with someone." You mumbled to yourself as you followed him inside.

I get to go home, potentially break up with Hakyeon, and see Ha Yi. I'm in pretty good shape today.

--

The flight was even longer back than it was to arrive in America. Ha Yi, your mom, and even Hakyeon were waiting for your arrival. Of course they had to see you somewhere not to public because you had to get pictures with Jae Jung first. 

You hugged Ha Yi first. "Ha Yi-ah... It feels like its been forever." 

"Well we weren't really on good terms when you left!" She laughed, pulling away and letting you hug your mom. 

"You look thinner, you didn't eat there?" Your mother scolded as you pulled away. 

"Of course I did, but the food ." You laughed, going straight to Hakyeon. 

He slipped his arms around your waist and he twirled you around, being dramatic just to be funny, and set you down with a smile. You raised your eyebrows at him and recieved a small peck to the cheek. 

"How have you been?" Hakyeon asked, still keeping his arms around your waist. 

"Meh." You smiled, letting him kiss you once more before you slipped away and looked at Ha Yi and your mother. 

"Let's go out to eat." Ha Yi suggested. "You must be hungry, right?" 

"Actually, I'm a little sick from the plane ride and I'm pretty tired." You admitted. "How about I rest a little and then we can go for dinner?" 

"Sure, dinner is better than lunch anyways." Your mother nodded. "And you'll eat a lot. Just look how thin you are." 

You brushed off her words and gave those two a quick hug before they waved goodbye and left you and Hakyeon. Turning to Hakyeon, you let out a sigh. "Seeing you in person is so much better than through a screen." 

"I can say the same." He chuckled. "Where is your luggage?" 

"Jae Jung offered to take them home for me so I could spend a little time with you." 

"Aren't you tired?" 

"Yeah but I can rest with you." You smiled again. "How much time do you have?" 

"All day. I took it off for family leave." He mumbled, mocking the family leave part. 

"They just let you do that?" 

"I did it a week in advance so they would have no room to complain." He grabbed your hand and held it tightly. "Let's go back to your apartment and rest. I'll unpack your luggage so you have that off of your shoulders."

"I have something for you." You remembered quickly. "It's not anything super expensive or anything super cool. But I bought it because I thought it'd be cute on you." 

"Cute." He squeezed your hand, leading you throughout the airport by taking the least public route. 

Though he was covered up and you were covered up a little as well, the two of you were still too afraid to walk together in public anymore. No matter the situation, someone was always watching. It was best to stay away from the public as much as possible anyways. 

I'm so glad to be back. Now I just want to see Wonsik... I've realized how much I truly missed Wonsik by my side when I was away and thinking about it. 

But not as much as I missed Hakyeon, so, he came first, of course. 

--

"Did you rest well? Feeling better?" Your mom smiled as you and Hakyeon joined them at the table in a private room of the place. "This place is expensive... So you better eat." 

"We didn't have to go somewhere expensive." You sighed but smiled anyways. "I'll eat. I feel much better, afterall. Hakyeon unpacked for me while I napped so that took some stress off my shoulders." 

"Bleh." Ha Yi stuck out her tongue. "No lovey stuff here, we can clearly see how much you mean to each other. It's all on display." 

Hakyeon chuckled, taking down his hood and smoothening his hair. "So?" 

"How did you get someone so handsome?" Your mother joked. 

"How did she get someone so famous? I'm the one that showed her VIXX yet she ends up dating one!" Ha Yi whined. 

You ignored them and looked down at your phone that sat in your lap, texting Wonsik. 

He's been unreachable ever since the whole "blocking me from VIXX" thing happened but maybe they lifted that since it's been so long... 

To: Wonsik

Yah, we need to hang out soon, hm? It's been a while.

You put away your phone and stared at Ha Yi and your mother. "What have you two been up to?" 

"Fighting." Ha Yi sighed.

"Working." Your mom sighed. 

You nodded again. "Sounds fun! Me too!" 

Hakyeon glanced at you with an odd look. "Weird." Is all he managed to say though.

The waitress came in, took the orders, and left. It was so nice to be able to understand what they were saying completely. 

"How's your English?" Ha Yi asked. "It should be really good now." 

"Nope, it still ." You admitted. "I made a few friends though and I talk to them here and there but it's hard to communicate since they don't know Korean and I so bad at English." 

"Really? That's cool." Ha Yi mumbled, your mother looking as if she wanted to say something but waited patiently for Ha Yi to be quiet. 

"You'll probably think I'm joking here but I'm just curious." Your mother started. 

You rolled your eyes. "Is it something super serious? Cause I don't want to spoil the mood right now." 

Hakyeon scolded you for rolling your eyes and then waited for your mother to talk. "I was talking to Hakyeon while you were gone. He came over for dinner twice and I got to know a bit more about him as a person and not him as an idol." 

"Oh dear." You mumbled to yourself, Hakyeon sliding his hand in yours. 

"What do you two plan on doing with your relationship?" 

"What do you mean?" You and Hakyeon asked, startled. 

"You're both idols, one more famous than the other..."

"I'm not an idol..." You added.

"You both are known, one more than the other." She rephrased. "It's not like you can get married, can you?" 

Marriage? I haven't even thought of something that serious. It's only been a year.. If that. I don't want to make the decision... "Well we could." Hakyeon raised an eyebrow. "But I don't think either of us are ready for something like that." 

"Plus, even if we were ready, we wouldn't be able to because of our companies." You added again. 

She looked disappointed. "I know that I'm asking a question so serious so soon in the relationship but it's been a year and I really approve of Hakyeon so I guess I'm just excited to see my only child get married." 

Hakyeon squeezed your hand and spoke. "I'm sure you'll see it come true eventually." 

You blushed a little at the though of marrying Hakyeon. I hope he doesn't mean soon because I'm not ready for that... Plus, shouldn't people date longer than a year before deciding to get married? It only makes sense that way... 

Ha Yi laughed a little. "The thought of you two married is funny." 

"Why?" Your mother pouted. "Hakyeon would make a wonderful husband." 

You felt Hakyeon shift with unease, you feeling just the same. "No, I mean, her." She pointed at you. "Her as a wife? They can barely get along as a couple because of her, how would they live together?" 

You sighed. "Okay, okay. No one is getting married so let's just stop this." 

You looked at Hakyeon and he glanced at you, leaning in to whisper something. "I won't be able to see you for a little bit after this day. I just wanted you to know before I forgot." 

You gave him an "ok" sign and let go of his hand. 

That's right... This one day of bliss and then it's back to work and fighting with the companies to see Hakyeon. 

Still better than being in America.

--

"Welcome back!" Your director put on a huge, probably fake, smile. "How was America?" 

"Horrible." You snapped.

"She hated it." Jae Jung snapped as well.

His smile faded and he sighed. "But both fanbases loved it." 

"You got my text, right?" Jae Jung confronted him again. 

"About what? Oh, the break up? I disagree."

"We have all the fame we could've possibly gotten from this." He complained. "There isn't much else we can do, let's just end it." 

"Please." You joined. "I'm tired of this act."

The director in a breath and looked at you. "Because of Hakyeon?" 

"Hakyeon? No. It's nothing about Hakyeon. I ended things with him." You spoke confidently. 

"Did you?" He raised an eyebrow and glanced at your ring you forgot to take off. "Then?" 

You took it off and dropped it on the floor, your heart falling as you did so. "I couldn't forget him so I put it on. But I really don't need to keep it."

Jae Jung grabbed it with his foot and brought it closer to him when the director looked away for a moment, hiding it under his shoe. Thank you... 

"I see. Excellent job then." He smiled. "But then why do you want to end things with Jae Jung? Your fame is boosed because of him. Aren't you afraid it'll fall?" 

"I told you countless time that I do not care about fame." You sighed. "A year is almost up. Should I sign or not, that is where I am at right now." 

"I'll think about it, okay? Deal?" 

"Deal." You two spoke at the same time and then laughed. "Jae Jung and I want to go out for our, hopefully, last date as a 'couple'." 

Jae Jung nodded. "Before we get to our schedules. Which, by the way, thank you for letting us take a few days off before coming to work." 

"Sure, sure. Take your date." The director nodded. "Dismissed." 

Jae Jung pretended to tie his shoe and swiped up your ring as you exited the room. He handed it to you when you shut the door. "Thanks." 

Jae Jung winked and the two of you headed off for your last "date" together as a couple, well, you hoped. 

Hakyeon will be so happy if we were able to end it.

Slipping the ring back in your pocket, the two of you got into Jae Jung's van and had his manager drive us to the location.  

It was a simple date in the park but the reporters were already hinted at you guys being there so that's why you two went there. 

This better be the last date. Hopefully we stay friends, but I wouldn't protest if he decided to lose contact anyways. 

I was done acting as his girlfriend, permission to stop or not, I was done. 

 

This chapter is kind of short as well but it's hinting towards the end. I was thinking about it but I'm thinking of wrapping up this fanfiction around chapter 50-55. For two reasons. One: This fanfiction is already WAY longer than Exotic and I planned and now we're starting to get writer's block with it. And two: I'm thinking of starting a new fanfiction either with VIXX or with BTS. Well, that's it for this weeks chapter. Thanks for reading and subscribing! <3 ~PandaBiscuit~