Parc Jae Jung

To the Moon

"You..." You stared at him with wide eyes. "Why is it you? How could you... Do that?" 

"It wasn't me!" Hyun Shik went pale. "I wasn't driving that night! I was home!" 

You didn't break your gaze as the officer began to speak. "They're both suspicious. This one," He pointed to the one you didn't know, "Confessed to hitting Cha Hakyeon but gave the wrong description of the car. And this one," He pointed to Hyun Shik, "Claims to be at home during all this and claims that he resprayed his car. That is suspicious all on it's own." 

"I was really home!" Hyun Shik looked like he wanted to cry. "I really was! I let him use my car that night because he wanted to visit his girlfriend in Seoul. I told him that I needed the car back by noon the next day because I was going to respray it since I didn't like the color! When he returned it to me, the car had been through the car wash because it was still soaking wet. I just assumed he was doing something nice since it was my car! He didn't tell me about this until an hour before he came here on his own to confess, then I got called in." 

"It really was me!" The other one was pale as well. "Since he told me that he was changing the color of the car... I figured I could get away with hitting someone after it happened... I even changed his windshield... And I knew he was Cha Hakyeon when I hit him... I was afraid he'd sue me since he was famous and I already don't have a lot of money!" 

"I can't believe this." Anger tore at your heart. "You'd rather let someone die with the fear of being sued? Cha Hakyeon isn't that kind of person. All he would've expected was an apology and an explaination. He would never sue you unless it was on purpose." 

The guy lowered his head as the officer spoke. "Moon Hyun Shik and Park In Tak... We'll be calling some family members and anyone who can confirm your stories even in the slightest. Do you have any concerns?" 

"None." In Tak shook his head. 

"My family doesn't live around here." Hyun Shik frowned. "My closest friend would be ____..." 

"I'm sure we'll find someone." The officer sighed. "You both will be staying here overnight and hopefully we can get the correct information in time to let one of you go home the next day." 

They both nodded. "____-ah, it really wasn't me. And I didn't respray my car to cover anything up! I didn't know about it until earlier today." Hyun Shik pleaded you. "You of all people should be able to believe me!" 

"Hyun Shik... I can't believe you completely on this..." You hesitated. "I believe that you didn't hit Hakyeon but... The rest is something I can't believe." 

Hyun Shik looked defeated and watched you with dim eyes. "I would've backed you up completely if I were in your shoes. I thought we knew each other well enough." 

His words stung and you watched as the officer led the two of them out of the room and handed them off to a pair of officers. They talked a while so it gave you some time to process everything that just happened. 

Hyun Shik...? I didn't even know he had a car. I wonder if it's new... Why would he respray it? Does he know how much that costs? And to just do it randomly? I just don't get it.

You changed Hakyeon's contact back to 'Yeonie' because you figured it fitted him best.

To: Yeonie, Ha Yi

You jinked it you brat. You're about to recieve a call from the station, Ha Yi.

From: Ha Yi

Why why why? Who is it? 

To: Yeonie, Ha Yi

Your boyfriend.

Ha Yi didn't respond and Hakyeon decided to message you privately instead of in a group chat. 

From: Yeonie

It was Hyun Shik?

To: Yeonie

I don't think he was the one that hit you but his car is involved and he randomly changed the car color the day of.

From: Yeonie

:(

To: Yeonie

Why are you frowning? You're the victim here. 

From: Yeonie

Then should I be happy? He's my friend too. 

To: Yeonie

Whatever you brat. 

From: Yeonie

xxx

You put your phone away when the officer came back in. "So, Moon Hyun Shik is someone you know... Got it." Officer Lee sat with a huff in his chair as you moved your chair back to the front of the desk. 

"What do you think is going to happen?" You asked. 

"Well, which ever one it is will be charged with a felony hit and run." He mumbled. "We'll either give him a misdemeanor and fine him as well as a year in prison or we'll conclude it as a felony and charge him a bigger fine and possibly up to 15 years in jail. But seeing as the victim isn't dead and he's already out of the hospital, it looks like it'll be a misdemeanor." 

"And he tried to get out of suing." You mocked. "I will allow myself to be a contact of Hakyeon's when needed but I'd rather not be called for anything regarding Hyun Shik if it can be avoided." 

"Understandable." He nodded. "We'll get this sorted out eventually. Go home and relax. This probably isn't easy for you even before you knew your friend was involved in such a case." 

"What do you mean?" You eyed him.

"Aren't you the victim's girlfriend?" 

"N-no. I was once his manager and I stood as a contact because his only manager now is busy." You lied. 

He gave you a doubtful look and shooed you out. "Go home then." 

You bowed your head and left quickly, not taking anytime in there as you hurried to your car. 

Why Hyun Shik? I can't not believe him... But I can't believe him either... 

If I had to pick between Hakyeon and Hyun Shik to side with... Could I choose?

--

"Hak..." You broke off when he wasn't in your living room. What? Did he leave? 

Ha Yi came out of her room and walked towards the door. "You're right, they called me. I'm going to go see if I can get anything out of Hyun Shik." 

"You do that." You sighed, watching her leave. "Take my car!" 

When she was gone, you huffed a little and went to the kitchen, downing a bottle of water easily. What if Hyun Shik goes to prison? 

I have a busy day tomorrow regardless so I might as well sleep now. Even if it is only 7pm.  

You went into your room and started to gather your pj's when you saw Hakyeon sleeping in your bed, nearly falling over with shock. He didn't leave...? 

You finished gathering your things and changed in the bathroom, not really afraid to be dressed like this in front of Hakyeon since you both have seen each other in worse outfits. 

"Yah, Hakyeon." You huffed a little, wanting him to wake up and not wanting him to wake up at the same time. 

"Hm?" He mumbled, his eyes still closed. 

That sounded like he was still asleep. "If you're staying here then move over a little. I'll sleep on the otherside so I don't hurt your shoulder any." You spoke easily and he moved over just as you asked. 

You grabbed a few extra pillows in your closet and put them underneath his arm to keep release some of the pressure on his shoulder. You also had to somehow get the blankets out from under him and actually put them over him, but you managed to do it anyways. 

"Are you going to sleep in those clothes?" You mumbled. "Sleeping in skinny jeans won't be very comfortable." 

"It's not like I can move around." He sighed, opening his eyes and looking at you lazily. "And I don't feel like getting up." 

"Well, okay." You shrugged, slipping in bed beside him. "How is your head?" 

"It's fine." He lied, obviously. 

"Don't look at your phone. I know I texted you, I shouldn't have. I won't do that from now on so don't be texting anyone else. If you want to talk, call. But even then, be careful. When are you going back to your schedule?" 

"In a few days. I'm allowed some rest. But even after I rest, the most they're having me do is sing a little and appear on some shows." 

"What about your shoulder?" 

"I'll take the sling off when I'm on some of the shows and just put a jacket over my shoulders so I can baby it a little." 

"You're going to hurt yourself." You sighed. "But, do what you have to do. The fans would be really concerned if they saw you in a sling anyways. Just make sure you have on your bandages underneath and don't use the arm." 

"I know, you don't have to nag." He closed his eyes. 

"I don't have too but I will." 

I wonder how he really feels about Hyun Shik being a suspect? 

--

A fews days have passed since Hyun Shik and In Tak have been taken into custody. So far, they've found evidence of Hyun Shik being home that night and they confirmed how the accident was done and covered. The hard part as of right now was to tell if Hyun Shik had tried to cover the crime or not. 

You were on one of your 'in between' days once again and this time, Hakyeon was with the other members. You just hoped he was taking care of himself even while working. "Ha Yi-ah, let's go eat somewhere. We haven't gone grocery shopping in forever." 

"I don't feel like it." She grumbled, flipping through the channels. 

"Are you still upset?" 

"My boyfriend is a suspect to a crime that involved my bestfriend's boyfriend." 

You sighed, sitting beside her. "But he wasn't the one who hit him, isn't that good?"

"And what if he covered the crime? That's just as bad!" She snapped. "What if Hakyeon died that night?" 

"But he didn't." You winced at her words. I wouldn't be able to live if he died. Especially since he got hit due to me in the first place. 

"But he could've. He didn't wake up for days, not just hours!" Ha Yi looked like she wanted to cry for a moment before it switched to anger again." 

"Well, you sort that out then." You nodded, standing once more. "I obviously can't help you with this." 

She didn't respond so you went into your room and pulled out your laptop, looking at your own twitter account. It wasn't anything special because it was your personal twitter. There were articles of Hakyeon on your page for some reason.

Some were saying that Hakyeon was leaving VIXX since he didn't show for a lot of activities and others were saying that he was kicked out of VIXX. All of them were just suspicions, of course. 

But the one that startled you was the one that claimed he was injured. It said that he was involved in some sort of accident and was left injured for it. How scary, it's actually pretty accurate. 

You remembered that Hakyeon and VIXX were to starr on a talk show today so you turned your computer to the livestream. He's wearing his sling. It must've hurt too much for him to take it off. 

"Cha Hakyeon?" One of the hosts looked to him. 

"Yes?" Hakyeon easily looked back at him. 

"Do you mind telling the fans how you go your injury? It must be shocking for them to see their idol in a sling." 

Wonsik stepped up. "We assure you it's nothing bad but there is no need to worry or ask such questions." 

"No, Wonsik, it's better to just explain it." Jaehwan prodded Wonsik. "The fans will be upset." 

Hakyeon looked conflicted but nodded anyways. "I was involved in some sort of car accident and I tore a ligamate in my shoulder. It was minor surgery but I have to wear this anyways." 

"Oh?" The host looked surprised. "At least you're okay now. The fans can rest at ease knowing that the accident was minor." 

"Yes, please do. There is no need to worry over me." Hakyeon chuckled, looking at the camera briefly before turning to Taekwoon and whispering something to him. 

"Alright, on to the next question. This is for Kim Wonsik..."

You closed the livestream. I just wanted to know if he was wearing the sling or not. 

Your phone rang soon after and you answered it quickly. "Yes?" 

"This is Officer Lee."

"Oh, hello!" 

"We'll be scheduling them a trial soon to find out whether they go to jail or not." 

"Both... Of them?"

"We just can't understand why he'd want to respray his car. You don't just randomly do such things." 

"No, I understand..." 

"I wanted to update you."

"Thank you." 

He hung up. So both of them are going on trial? 

You shook your head and quickly got out of bed and exited the apartment to see your manager walking towards you. 

"What are you doing here?" You mumbled quickly.

He came to a halt in front of you and locked gazes with you. "____. The director wants you." 

"Me? Why? What did I do this time?"

"He... Knows your relationship with Hakyeon." 

"Aw..." You frowned. "What happens if I don't go?"

He shook his head. "Don't do that. Just go, get yelled at, and deny everything." 

"Deny it? How? You said he knows the relationship!" 

"You can still deny it." 

"What happens if I don't?"

"You did sign a contract saying you wouldn't date people from other companies so... He'll probably request a fine if he's in a really bad mood." 

"That's upsetting." You growled. "Well, let's go."

You followed him to the elevator. "I would've called you but I was around here anyways."

"What for?" 

"The noodle shop down your street. I wanted something from there." 

"Did you eat?"

"No."

"Let's go eat there then." You lead him out of the back this time and headed towards the car. "Did you bring your personal car?" 

"Yeah but I'll pick it up later, let's just use the rental car." He got into the driver's seat and you into the passenger's. "We'll eat after we see the director. He seems pretty ticked."

"How did he even find out?" You sighed as he began to drive. 

"I don't know. I thought the same thing." 

You hung your head. "It's just one thing after another, after another." 

"Your life ." He mocked. 

"It does." You laughed, picking your head back up. "But, I'll quit if I need too. Though I like the thought of acting, I wouldn't give up someone like Hakyeon for a rushed job idea. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "I didn't like you at first cause you were lucky enough to just say 'I'm going to be an actress' and all the sudden you're signed under a company. People work hard and you just fell into the job."

"Gee, thanks." You laughed again. "I do work though."

"I know." 

I wonder if I'm going to get fired? The contract is still intact but he'd have no issues paying off the nulling fine.

--

"After all the warnings I gave you... You continued to date Cha Hakyeon?" The director frowned at you. "I thought you were serious on being an actress." 

"I am." You answered calmly. "I want to be an actress. But before I did, Hakyeon was already in my life. I won't just lay him off to become an actress." 

"I told you the rules." 

"I know." 

"I won't fine you..." He sighed. "I like you. I feel like you can really boost up in your new career." More like boost your income. "I won't lay you off but I will be having you do extra work once more. But... The relationship with Hakyeon needs to end. Be friends with him for all I care, it needs to end."

"I told you, I won't end it." 

"Then I will." 

"How?" You smirked. 

"I have ways." He shook his head at you. "Go see your manager, he'll have some things ready for you." 

You nodded and left the room quickly, staring at your manager who was waiting outside the door. "This guy... The talk was shorter than I thought." 

"That's never good." The manager mumbled, leading you to his office on the same floor. "But your punishment isn't bad. It's just more paperwork and organization stuff." 

"His punishments are very harsh." 

"Don't keep breaking his contracts if you want it to stay that way." 

You grabbed the stack from your manager's desk and brought it over to the couch in the middle of the room as your manager left. I'll sort them before I go through them. 

You began doing that for a long while, your phone dinging right before you finished the last few papers. 

You stopped organizing the papers and checked your phone, your eyes widening in shock when it was a news update on you. Clicking it, you swear all the blood drained from your face. 

The news was about you "revealing" a romantic relationship with the music idol, Parc Jae Jung. (Yes, I know, Parc Jae Jung didn't join Mystic89 until 2015 but I couldn't find any other actors and I didn't feel like making one up x'D Play along <3) People already didn't know who you were besides VIXX's manager but once they saw this... They would for sure. 

Parc Jae Jung?! Is this is way of ending my relationship with Hakyeon? He's rather quick at it. 

Your phone rang moments later and you picked it up. "Hello?" 

"____, you have an interview alongside Parc Jae Jung tonight. I'm sure you saw what I just posted. He'll boost your popularity." The director spoke easily. 

"This is unfair! And a lie. What would Jae Jung say about this?" 

"He's already agreed to it. You both could use some fame right now and by faking a relationship, it'll help a lot. Just be the perfect couple to the media and then everyone will be searching your name." 

"But we're not a couple." 

"You are now. Just play along with it and I'll dismiss your mistake completely." He hung up. 

What in the world...? You were about to call Hakyeon when you stopped and remembered that he was working. 

What is Hakyeon going to say about this news? I hope it doesn't upset him... It wasn't really my fault in the first place... 

Parc Jae Jung... I didn't think he'd agree to something like this. 

 

 

Yup, this chapter is short :( I know. But, I'm posting this early like I thought I would because I will not have access to my laptop Thursday. Enjoy the little plot twist to get things kicked off again :) I realize that Jae Jung wasn't very big in this year this story is taking place but I'm just going to be using his title and name for the story anyways because he's a doll. Thanks for reading and subscribing! ~PandaBiscuit~