Separate Ways

To the Moon

You waited for news on VIXX returning to Korea. By waiting, you meant checking your twitter every 10 minutes for updates. But it's already been a few days and you've gotten nothing. That is, until the day you decided to give it up and go audition for a few music video roles. It was only after you were done for the day when you saw news of VIXX being back in Korea. 

The one time I'm not looking. You couldn't help but to smirk at your luck. "Yah, I'm going home." You looked to your manager. "I did a lot today so I'm going to catch up on some sleep." 

"Odd that you say these things after you've checked your twitter." He raised his eyebrow at you when you gave him a shocked look. "You didn't think I wouldn't notice, right?" 

"I'd like it if you didn't." You sighed, standing up. "But that has nothing to do with it. I have no ways of contacting him and with their manager at the dorm, I can't go there anyways. I won't make the same mistake." 

He eyed you a while before nodding. "Get some sleep. You have pictures tomorrow." 

You nodded, slipping on your jacket and heading out of the office. They arrived in Korea but when? How can I get Hakyeon out away from everyone else without alerting people? 

You jumped in your car and drove towards home, parking your car behind VIXX's dorm complex and waiting when you realized no one was there. 

You were waiting for quite a while before you saw the van pull in, the manager pulling in behind. Swallowing, you exiting the vehicle when they did and eyed down Hakyeon. It was dark out but that didn't matter, the lights lit up their faces. 

VIXX passed you easily without even acknowledging you. Hakyeon and the manager were just passing you the same way, their faces stone cold. 

"Hakyeon-ah!" You yowled at him as he passed by you without even a glance. Why is he so cold? Did the date thing really hurt him? "Hakyeon-ah!" 

You kept yowling his name but it was all in vain when VIXX and their manager disappeared into the dorm complex. I can't believe this... Even Wonsik ignored my presence! Feeling a little hurt and shocked, you got back into your car and sat there. Maybe he'll feel bad and come out and see me. Hakyeon wouldn't just brush me off like that. 

You waited for a few hours until it got too cold to leave the car off. At that point, you were near tears so you started up the car and went a crossed the street, parking it, and running into your apartment building. 

Once your reached your apartment door and got inside, you sort of leaned against the door and melted to the floor. No tears came, you weren't sinking to that point. Not yet, anyways. I thought it was too good to be true when he was acting so intimate with me... Of course something bad would happen and ruin it all, it always did. 

Your cell rang and you answered it, your head smacking against the back door at the sound of the director's voice. "Strike 1." 

"What?" 

"VIXX's manager reported you waiting for VIXX at their dorm. Strike 1. You get 3 strikes until I'm taking legal actions against the breach."

He really reported me...? "Understood. It won't happen again." You frowned, hanging your head. 

"Please, do not let it happen. I really hate taking legal action. Plus, you're turning into a fine actress." He responded just before he hung up. 

Now I see where I stand in the eyes of anything related VIXX. I'll stop then. I like this job, believe it or not, and I don't want to be sued. I'll just stop here. Next time I see Hakyeon, I'll treat him just the same way so he can feel my pain.

--

A few more days passed and you had ended up getting 3 out of the 5 roles you tried for and already shot them. The director kept you busy enough during the day that thoughts of Hakyeon were rare. They usually hit hard towards the time when you went home to an empty house. 

Ha Yi decided that she apparently didn't need to contact you anymore because she only replied to you when she felt like it. You don't know what you did but you accepted it anyways. It was her choice. You weren't going to be the clingy one anymore. 

"____-ah." Your manager smiled at you. "Jae Jung is coming back to Korea next week. He's cutting his stay short for some reason. Really short."

"Why?"

"I dunno." He shrugged. "He used you as an excuse though." 

"That's for sure an excuse." You nodded, finishing up some paperwork you were doing in your manager's office. "I'm glad he's coming back, I have no one to talk to nowadays. My roommate moved out, you guys forced me away from Hakyeon, and I don't necessarily talk to my mom often." 

"What's that?" He pointed to your hand suddenly. "A couple ring?" 

You stared at the ring, your heart aching from just the sight of it. "I forgot I was wearing it." You half lied, taking the ring off and slipping it into your pocket. I don't know if this means Hakyeon is breaking up with me or not but I'm not going to do any childish actions until I know exactly what is going on. 

"The director wants you and Jae Jung to think about something to do together for the public." 

"How can we do that? Jae Jung and I don't communicate unless we both are in Korea." You mumbled, checking over the paperwork. 

"Separately, of course." He sat down in his office chair. "You're already developing a small fanbase just from being with Jae Jung. With fans, that means you have to do more and more activities. Take on more drama roles, music video roles, anything basically, and when your fanbase gets big enough, autograph events." 

"It'll be a while until all that so who cares about it?" You sighed again. "I don't really care about that stuff." 

"You will." He grumbled, going back to his phone. 

"I'm done with all this so I'm going home to nap." You stood up, yawning. "I know it's only 3pm but I have one last scene shooting for the music video to do around 8pm. It had to be shot at night." 

"Okay, rest well." He nodded, trusting you. If you would have said this a few days ago, he'd be suspicious. But, he's realized that you weren't going to be pulling any of that anymore.

You left the office and got into the elevator, slipping on your jacket as you did so. It was windy today so naturally it was a little cold. You stepped out of the company building and got in your car, spotting what looked like Hakyeon's figure make it's way towards you. 

He's probably not even coming towards me anyways. Why would he? With an expressionless face, you started the car and drove off, Hakyeon seeming to pause and watch you drive off. You didn't watch any long to notice what he did afterwards. It hurt to look at him anyways. He acknowledged me, cool. But I doubt he would've stopped to talk. I would've looked like an idiot if I sat there and expected too much. But why was he at the company anyways? 

--

A few more days passed once more and the director finally decided to give you the weekends off again. You had spent Friday night after work with your mom, even visited Hyun Shik and Ha Yi for a total of 5 minutes before you left from the tension between both of them at you, and then just slept until noon of the next day. 

You had just finished showering and brushing your teeth and was now eating breakfast. You let your music play from the speaker in the living room so that it wasn't silent. You've found that it was easier to deal with living alone when you played music. 

You checked your twitter as you ate, checking VIXX's twitter without thinking. Nothing new was there so you didn't go any further and just checked Jae Jung's twitter. He was now in Korea, having just arrived this morning, and the director was already planning something for Sunday evening with you and Jae Jung. 

You finished your breakfast, washed the dishes, and stood in the kitchen. With myself being the only one who lived here, nothing ever got dirty anymore. I was hardly here to eat meals and when I was, I had nothing better to do other than clean the dishes plus a few rooms of the house, keeping dust out of the rooms.

You were just about to go do some laundry when someone knocked on your door. You decided not to answer it as it was probably just someone trying to sell things. It wasn't necessarily allowed in apartments but sometimes they slipped through and did it anyways. You put your hair up and wandered back out into the living room when the door bell buzzed this time. They're still waiting? Nosy. 

You sat on your couch with a sigh as a voice came from behind the door. "Your car is here so you're here." It was Hakyeon's. What do I do? I told myself that if I ran into him again, I'd treat him just as coldly as he did to me... But hearing his voice makes me want to melt into his arms all over again... 

You didn't move for a moment and then soon got up anyways and opened the door. He had a hoodie pulled far over his face and was holding his sunglasses at his side, watching you easily. "What do you need?" You mumbled. 

"Can I come in?" 

"I'd rather you not. If anyone sees this then I'll be screwed. Just go away before someone does." You frowned, your voice not as firm as you wanted it to be. 

"I'm not going away and the longer I stand here, the more of a chance I'll be noticed." 

You thought for a moment before pulling him into apartment, shutting the door quickly. "I'll ask again, what is it?" 

"I wanted to ask why you stood me up." He took down his hoodie, fixing his hair a little but not moving from the spot. 

"Tell me why I was ignored and embarrassed when I came to talk with you when you arrived home from China." You ignored his request. "That goes first before I say anything. My honesty will improve if you're honest with me."

"Do you think I'm free? I know very well that you are being threatened with being sued if you see me and I'm also being threatened with things as well. First off, my phone." He held up his phone. "It doesn't turn on. If I would've acknowledged you, it would've been game over. Wonsik and the other members knew it as well. My manager isn't someone who will accept your presence anymore, just like yours never accepted mine completely. I thought you would've understood that." 

You rubbed the back of your neck. It's a good thing I didn't act childishly... "What did you want to know from me again?" You asked, clearing your throat. 

"Why'd you stand me up?" He repeated, slightly frustrated. "Were you mad at me or something?" 

"No, I wasn't. I was telling myself all day that I wanted to get home and get ready but when the time came for me to actually go home to get ready, my manager called about me being caught going into your dorm and blah blah blah. A lot of stuff went through my head and I forgot." You frowned again. "I still feel horrible about it and I tried to apologize to you as quick as possible but you obviously couldn't answer your phone and when I went over there, Tae Hee said you were in China." 

Hakyeon stood still for a while but the silence wasn't uncomfortable like you thought it'd be. Then his face softened and he relaxed as well, still looking a bit hurt. "Okay. That's understandable. What about your phone? Why'd you turn it off when I called you?" 

"I thought you were my director calling to scold me when I was already on my way over to the company. Since I was driving and angry, I didn't want to check so I turned it off and put it away." You explained, guiltily. 

He nodded. "That's understandable as well." 

"I'm sorry, I really am." You pouted. "I can tell it hurt you to be stood up. Please, let's try to go on a date again and let that hurt go away." 

"Right now isn't the time." He sighed. "Do you really think we could manage a date right now when so many people are keeping us away?" 

"I forgot..." You twitched a smile. "How'd you manage to get here?" 

"My manager left for his own house for the first time in a while and the rest of the members are sleeping before practice." He hesitated a second before leaning in and placing a kiss on your forehead, wrapping his arms around you in a tight embrace. "It's been a while." 

You closed your eyes against his chest, a smile coming to your face as you embraced him in return. "It's almost May, of course it has." 

The two of you just stood like that for a while, taking in everything that happened and cherishing the moment you two were sharing. He's warm... "____-ah." Hakyeon spoke after a while.

"Hm?" 

"Don't get discouraged if we don't see each other for a while, okay? I won't leave you just because we can't see each other." 

"You too. You tell me not to get discouraged over these things but then you go and get upset." You repeated back to him with a slight chuckle. 

"Of course." He laughed a little as well. 

You were just about to say something when someone knocked on the door, the two of you freezing in fear and shock. 

"___, can you open the door? I have some things to go over with you." Your manager called through the door, knocking again. "____!" 

"This guy." You clenched your teeth, pulling away from Hakyeon. "One second!" You called to your manager as you led Hakyeon into your room. "Lucky me, I cleaned this room." 

Hakyeon smirked at you and went into your room as you went and opened the door for your manager. You eyed Hakyeon's shoes and in a breath, kicking them behind the coat rack when the manager passed towards the living room. 

"Do you want some water?" You asked, joining him in the living room. 

"No thanks." He shook his head. "Just look over these roles and pick which one you really want, that will be the one you audition for first." 

You sat down on the couch and began to read the roles quickly. "Will do." 

He sat down beside you with a sigh. "To be honest, the director thought you'd have Hakyeon over here, that's why he wanted me over here. Otherwise, I would've just waited until Monday." 

"And now you see that I don't." You stopped reading the roles and handed it back to him. "I'll go over the rest Monday like you said." 

"Huh? Why don't you just read them over since I'm here?" 

"I have plans with my mom today. I meet her in an hour for lunch." You lied. 

"Oh, I see." He nodded, taking the paperwork and standing. "I'll tell the director that Hakyeon wasn't here to make him feel better." 

You nodded, saw him to the door, and locked it after he left, waiting a few minutes before going to get Hakyeon. You sat on the bed beside him. "So what happened to your phone?" 

"They turned off my phone to prevent me from swapping texts with you. Then I accidently dropped it and now it won't turn on at all." 

"Idiot." 

"Shh." 

"How long are you planning on being here?" You asked, hopeful he'd stay a while. 

"Probably an hour or so. I'll even stop at the store to have a valid excuse to why I was gone if a member happens to be up." He smiled. 

"You were so cold to me." You grumbled. "I thought you were seriously mad at me still." 

"I was never mad. I was just hurt." He pushed your shoulder slightly. "I did it for your own good, and mine, so get over it." 

You spotted the necklace he was wearing and pulled on it a little, revealing the two rings on the end. You smiled. "You still wear this. I'm happy." 

"Duh." He tucked the rings back away and eyed your hand. "But you don't." 

"My manager took notice of it." You stood and went over to your dresser, opening up the top drawer, and grabbing the ring. "See, it's right here." You slipped it on easily. "I just can't wear it to work anymore." 

"Come here." He opened his arms. 

You obeyed easily and slid into his arms, cuddling into him with no hesitation. "What should we do? What if it's like this forever? I don't want to quit after putting so much effort into trying to be a good enough actress. But I'll quit if I can't get them to bend the rules." 

"We'll hold off until a year has passed. When you go to resign the contract, try and bend those rules and have them signed that way. If they don't bend then choose. I won't tell you to choose me and I won't tell you to choose your job. Choose what you want and I'll go with it." Hakyeon shifted a bit, searching your face for reactions before resting his chin lightly on your head. "I will see you every chance I get but don't be hurt if I treat you coldly like before. We have to at least act like we've ended things between us when others watch." 

"Did Wonsik change his number?" You asked suddenly. "He doesn't talk to me either." 

"Because he can't either. Our manager and director is keeping all of us from you per request of your director." 

"Dumb." You moved away a little bit so you could see his face again. "It's really like those dramas now." 

"Your whole life is a drama." He rolled his eyes with a slight smile, kissing the tip of your nose. "And now I'm stuck in it." 

"True." You smiled widely. 

He chuckled at you. "Why smile so widely?" 

"Why not?" 

"True." He glanced at your lips for a moment before pressing his lips to yours, keeping them there for a little bit before pulling away, almost teasing you. 

"Jerk." You moved away from him and stood up. "Do you want lunch before you leave? I can cook you ramen or something. I already ate." 

He nodded. "Ramen is fine." 

You left the room with him at your heels and went into the kitchen, getting everything prepped easily. "So when are you releasing a new comeback song? And what will it be." 

"Secret." He mumbled, leaning against the counter. 

"Right, I forgot that since I'm a fan, I can't know." 

"You're a VIXX fan?" 

"Shut up." You laughed. "Your sarcasm is stupid." 

"You're stupid." He mocked. 

You glared at him for a moment before breaking into another smile. He tried to fight it but he ended up smiling as well. "Idiot." You mumbled. 

You cooked the ramen for Hakyeon, spent some time with him even while he ate, and then saw him off, sealing the goodbye with a quick kiss and then he was off. 

I'm glad he was able to come so we could clear some things up. Now, to relax for the rest of the day and prepare for Jae Jung tomorrow. At least I'll have him to talk to for a bit. 

--

From: Ha Yi

____, how are you? 

You were shocked that she texted you but your heart still filled with warmth. I miss my best friend, she needs to get over her moody times already. 

To: Ha Yi

So you decided to talk to me again? 

From: Ha Yi

I was frustrated with some things and took it out on you. I'm sorry 

To: Ha Yi

That's fine. I miss you... Living alone is actually quite lonely, believe it or not. 

From: Ha Yi

I miss you too... I miss Seoul. And my job that I had in Seoul. I miss everything. But, Hyun Shik and I made this decision so we're going to stick to it for a while.

To: Ha Yi

Good! I'll talk later.

You turned off your phone, slipped it into your pocket, and walked over to the table Jae Jung sat at. He stood when he saw you, glanced at the cameras, and then shot a wide smile, throwing open his arms. You simply pretended it was Hakyeon you were hugging and embraced him easily, exchanged a few "welcome back" words as the two of you sat down. 

"Why'd you come home so early?" You asked, honestly. 

"There was nothing for me in the US. Plus, I heard about what they did to you and Hakyeon here. I felt bad about it so I wanted to be here for you." 

"You're not falling for me, right?" You gave him an odd look. 

"No." He answered so quick that you trusted his word completely. "We're sort of friends so take it that way." 

"Well, I'm thankful anyways. I've been lonely lately." You shot a wink at him when a reporter caught your eye. "This place is rather busy, hm?" 

"Yeah." He nodded, looking around at all the reporters that thought they were hiding well. "And full of idiots." 

"Idiots have to make money as well." You nodded as well. "How's your family? You're not on very good terms with them are you?" 

"New subject." He threw a smile. 

"Deal." You glanced around. "How was the US? The short time you spent there?" 

"I lied." He shifted. "I'm actually going back to the US. I came back because of someone." 

"Who?" You lifted an eyebrow. 

"You." He stared straight at you. 

You choked on air a little and coughed, meeting his gaze. "Me? Why?" 

"I want you to come to the US with me." 

"Why? You said you didn't like me and I trusted that." You gave him a firm look. 

"No, it's nothing like that." He laughed. "I promise you that." 

"Then why me?" 

"Because... You're fun to hang out with. You entertain me. I was a bit lonely and decided to come back and try to personally persuade you. Have you ever been to the US? I think you'd like it." He seemed serious enough asking these questions. 

"I've never been." You sighed, playing with your thumbs. "And I admit, it'd be cool. But I shouldn't go. I don't want too."

"Why not?" 

"I don't think we're close enough for that." You glanced at him again. "Plus, what about acting? I am trying to boost my experience so I can become better, remember?" 

"There is schools in the US. Do you think I go there just for vacation? I'm working there too." He smiled again. "You'd learn a lot. Learning acting over there would teach you new ways to approach some roles. Plus, having some US schools added to your background wouldn't hurt at all. In fact, it'd boost your popularity a lot. You'd also be in the US with me, which would boost both of us." 

"I don't know. I'll think about it." You spoke sincerely. "Please, don't bring this up to my director and give him any ideas. I want to make the decision by myself without being forced into it, hm?" 

"Sure. I'm patient." 

"Sure. Sure you are." You giggled, noticing the waitress on her way over. "Finally." 

Hakyeon wouldn't like the idea... And I wouldn't want to be that far from Hakyeon over any period of time. It's bad enough we can hardly see each other but to be that far? That's worse than anything... I don't think I'll be able to do it, even if Hakyeon were to give me the okay. 

Who knows how long I'll be there anyways? 

--

"America? You're going back?" Your director spoke to Jae Jung. "Why'd you return if you were just going back?" 

Jae Jung rocked on his feet a little. "Just because I had something to do."

"Hm... Unlike you." The director nodded then froze, looking at you. "Wait, why don't you bring her?" 

You froze as well and sighed. Of course. "Sir, I don't think that's a good idea. Maybe you've forgetten but we're not close enough to travel together. Plus, I happen to like me classes in Korea, I'd like to stay."

He shook his head. "No, no! Think about this, do you know how many leads you would get if you JUST had a few US classes in your background? They would look passed your new acting flaws and just look at the background! You'd be set!" 

"That's cheating." You winced. "I want to earn my way to such roles." 

"Do you want to be a good actress?" He challenged you. 

"Oh... Of course I do." 

"Then it'll help. The US would be a perfect background to get you LEAD ROLES! Even if they are out of your reach right now, once you get them and are put under the spot, your acting will improve faster since it is a harder role."

"But there are so many other people that have earned those roles..."

"____!" He was getting frustrated. "You've earned it too. Do you realize how much you've improved by being an actress for not even a year with no prior experience?"

"I understand but..."

"It's a brilliant idea. Why don't you go to the US with him?" He pushed onward. "It'll look good for your image, his image, your background, all of that! You'll have a HUGE fanbase just from being the 'perfect girlfriend' to Jae Jung even before you are a big hit!" 

His imaginations are wild. I doubt any of this will go that way. "We're not really close enough, sir. I do not feel comfortable." 

He huffed, putting his hands on his hips and staring at the ground for a moment. When he looked up, his eyes were determined. "I'll take care of your uncomfort. Go to the US and I'll take care of everything from there." 

"Sir..."

"Jae Jung leaves for the US tomorrow night. Pack and meet him there." He decided for you. "Jae Jung usually stays a while so pack a lot." 

"SIR!" You screeched, unable to control yourself. "This is a big dicision that you just can't force me in to!" 

"No, you're wrong." He smiled. "You signed a contract. Idols travel all the time. You're now understanding what it's like to be an idol. I tell you where to go and you go there and do what I sent you there to do. Jae Jung doesn't like going places but I send him off. Hell, even VIXX or groups like EXO get sent places they don't really want to go. But it's their job so they do it."

"But I'm not travelling for some world tour or something! I'm an actress. A NEW actress. Not an idol." You complained, Jae Jung tugging your arm a bit and shaking his head at you when you glared at him. 

"Be there. Jae Jung will text you the time the flight leaves." 

You turned around and raked your fingers through your hair, puffing out your cheeks with frustrated. "I'm going home." 

"Be there, ____." The director called after you as you stormed out of the office, taking no time in getting in the elevator. 

How is this even remotely fair? Did Jae Jung give him hints on going to the US? How would he just ironically point that out then? I hate everything right now. 

--

You leaned against your car, tapping your fingers so your lips impatiently. How do I get ahold of Hakyeon? I leave in a few hours for the airport and everything is already packed in the car. I want to talk to Hakyeon... 

You sent a glance at the dorm, the VIXX van was there, you could see the rear end peeking out from behind the building. This is toramenting... 

You were hoping that he would glance at yours or Jae Jung's twitter to see the latest news of you traveling to the US with Jae Jung. Hakyeon please... 

Your phone rang, and for some stupid reason even though you knew it wasn't possible, you got excited and thought it was Hakyeon. "Hello?" 

"Are you really going to the US?" Ha Yi's voice was loud. "That's amazing! Oh my... I've always wanted to go there! Take ALL the pictures!" 

"It's not my choice if I want to go or not." You sighed, frustrated. "I was forced into this." 

"Oh. Well... Enjoy it while you are there anyways. Even if you were forced, you're still going abroad." 

"I'll try." You sighed again. 

"Talk later! Bye!" Ha Yi hung up before you could protest. 

Ha Yi saw it so surely Hakyeon did as well... 

You sat down against the front tire of your car and stared at the dorm. Please. Minutes passed, nothing. Please... An hour passed, still nothing. This is pointless... I have to leave soon... I'm one hour closer to leaving Korea.

You stood up and got in your car, starting it and buckling yourself in when you casted one last glance at the dorm to see a hooded figure making their way a crossed the street. Hakyeon... You unbuckled yourself and got out quickly, smiling as the figure got closer and then paused just in front of you. How lucky is this...? 

Hakyeon ran over and embraced you, placing a lingering kiss to your forehead. "You're leaving for the US? With Jae Jung?" 

"I was forced into it." You whined, clinging onto him. "I sat here for an hour hoping you'd come." 

"I tried to come sooner, trust me." He let you go and smiled. "How long are you leaving for?" 

"I don't know. I was told to pack a lot because Jae Jung stays a while." 

"That could be up to a year." He pouted. 

"I doubt it'll be that long. I hope it's not that long." 

"Either way, we'll be able to make do." He promised you. "I'm going to buy a private phone. When they activate this phone again, I'll use it like normal other than when I talk to you. It'll be my phone for you only." 

"Aren't you glad you're rich?" You joked. "Good. We can video chat too. There is no way I could go a long time without seeing you." 

He nodded. "I made this decision when I saw your news." 

"Thank you..." You smiled.

"Are you leaving now?" He panicked. 

You nodded towards your luggage in the backseat. "I am."

"That's not fair!" He whined, hugging you again, tighter this time. 

"At this rate, you'll suffocate me." You giggled as he loosened up a bit. "I know. I hate being forced into this." 

"I'll watch your twitter often, I promise." He sighed. 

"Stop acting like I'll be gone forever!" You felt like crying but forced yourself not too. 

"I know." He let you go and placed another kiss to your forehead and then your cheek. "Go ahead and go. If you stay any longer, I won't let you leave." 

You nodded, giving him one last hug and then got into the car and drove off before you could change your mind. 

I won't be gone for a year, no way would I. I'll enjoy my time there, get a good background for my new career, and come back to Hakyeon. 

That's how it'll go.

 

Thanks for reading and subcribing ;) I (think???) Exotic will take over the next chapter. ~PandaBiscuit~