Jump In Time

To the Moon

"Wait, what?" You mumbled into your phone as you dried your hair. "You've already left?"

"I gave you the wrong time." The manager sighed on the other end. "I'll send you the address and you can meet up with us. We're almost there now." 

"You could've called me before you left!" 

"We did." He sighed again. "It couldn't be helped. Anyways, VIXX will be posing for pictures." 

You nodded reluctantly. "Okay, I'll be there soon then." You hung up and looked at your phone, seeing the 3 missed calls from Hakyeon and a missed call from the manager. I sleep too heavy... 

You've been a 'manager' for VIXX for a while now. It was already nearing November and the boys were preparing to release Only U. They had already filmed the video part in Sweden, which was the one time you didn't go with them. The time flew so fast and your growing relationship with Hakyeon has kind of come to a halt after the day in Changwon. You two were starting to become too busy to go anywhere together and there were so many cameras on him that you couldn't risk being affectionate anymore. It was a pain, really. But you didn't complain because at least you could see him everyday. 

You weren't too worried about being caught as a fake now because you've truly started getting into the swing of being a manager instead of just tagging along. "____-ah, let's go, you told your mother you'd meet her this morning with me!" Ha Yi called, smiling. "I'm so happy you don't have to work until later today."

You turned and glanced at her, flashing a nervous smile as hers disappeared. "Actually, I have to go."

"You can't bail on your mom and us though! Your mom was so excited to try and get along today..." Ha Yi pouted. "You promised Hakyeon and I that you'd try and get along with her a long time ago and you only just made an effort today. You can't bail."

"It's not my choice." You mumbled, not hurt that you'd be ditching your mom but a little upset that you'd be ditching Ha Yi. "Tell her to call Tae Hee, she seems to love her new daughter anyways." 

"Oh come on." Ha Yi snapped. "Tae Hee hasn't even tried to start anything with you since you met her at your mom's house. That was all the way back around July or August, I can't remember." 

"So? I still hate her. Time doesn't change anything." You slipped on a coat and a scarf over your sweater. "Ha Yi-ah, take care today. It's cold." 

"Where are you going?" She sighed, accepting that you had to go. 

"I don't know yet." You shrugged, glancing at your phone. "I'm still waiting for the address." 

You moved to leave your room when she stopped you. "Hey, how are you and Hakyeon lately?"

"Fine, why?" 

"You haven't been telling me much about him at all. You use to tell me when every little thing happened but yet I haven't heard anything."

"Because nothing is happening." You grumbled. "He's busy, I'm busy, reporters are slippery. It , really." 

Ha Yi shook her head and watched you leave. "You're letting work get to you. Balance work and time more effectively and maybe you two could do something together more often." 

You ignored her, slipped on your shoes, and exited the apartment and into the elevator at the end of the hall. We're not fighting or growing tired of each other, we're just simply too busy. I wish Ha Yi would understand that. I'm respecting his time and he's respecting mine, that's all that matters right now. 

You exited the elevator at the lobby and noticed a familiar scruffy looking man. My stalker is making a move again. Only this time, I'm not going to be stupid about it. 

You made sure your phone was ready to dial if needed as you approached the man. He looked up and smiled at you. "____, hello." 

He's brave to be letting me see his face again. "What do you want with me? You're my mother's co worker, right?"

"Yes, I am."

"What do you want with me then?" You gripped your phone. "I haven't seen you since Tokyo, why are you coming to me now? I'm going to report you, you know." 

He looked flustered. "Do that then." 

You gave him an odd look. "You want me to report you?" 

"I did you wrong, that's why I'm here." He didn't look like he was lying but you couldn't just trust him. "Tricking you into coming to China, meeting up with you in Tokyo... I admit, I was a little over the top." 

"Then why'd you do those things?" 

"China... I wanted money from you. I had you take a special airline that benefited my family's business. Only reason I chose you was because your mother told me how gullible you could be so I thought of you as an easy target." He hesitated. "We really needed the money then... Or at least I did." 

"What about Tokyo?" 

"Your sister, I think her name was Kim Tae Hee, she invited me to go on a vacation there. Since I'm good friends with your mother and her husband, I visited a lot and she was always there, that's how I knew her. I thought it was strange that she wanted me to go to Tokyo but I assumed your mother put her up to it when she heard of my illness."

"Are you saying Tae Hee wanted you to stalk me?"

"No, not exactly. She did tell me about you being in Tokyo that week as well. The first thing that went through my mind was that I could get money from you again..." He looked at you with sympathy. "I asked Tae Hee where you were staying and all she said was that you'd be with 7 other guys and 6 of them were famous. I saw you around Tokyo with one of the famous ones but I didn't want to approach you with him around. And then I obviously ran into you at the sushi place. At first... I was just talking to you because I wanted too. But when you tried to leave, I couldn't help but want more money from you." 

You gave him a nasty look. "So you stalked me for money?" I'm glad it was just for money and not for something else. But either way, this is disgusting. "And Tae Hee gave you the idea to find me?" 

"Your mother called me when I got to Japan and told me that she did tell Tae Hee to give me the ticket to Japan and confirming it was for my illness." He explained. "Tae Hee only mentioned you were there after I asked how you were doing after I tricked you into going to China." 

Tae Hee shouldn't even be putting my name in . "Nice to know." You nodded, dialing the police anyways. "If you move, I'll kill you myself." 

He didn't even look like he'd move and stood there patiently with his head bowed. "I knew you'd call them, I want you too. Guilt was killing me, that's why I'm here. I didn't want to turn myself in before I apologized for using you like this and appearing to stalk you." 

You spoke with the police quickly and hung up just as the manager send you the address. You stared at the man. "What illness do you have?"

"I don't want to tell you." 

"Fair enough." You sighed, waiting for the police to show up. "I'm making a phone call."

You dialed the manager's number and put it to your ear. He answered quicker than you thought he would. "___? Yes?"

"Hey, I'm going to be a little late... Maybe like a few hours late." You mumbled, glancing at the man who stood there nervously. "I caught up with trouble and I'm going to the police station to give my statement." 

"Police stati..." He didn't get to finish as the phone was yanked out of his hands and Hakyeon's voice filling the other end. 

"Police station?" 

"Yeah, I ran into trouble." You smiled. "Aren't you supposed to be photographed right now?" 

"Do I have to bail you out of jail? What did you do?" He ignored you.

"I didn't do anything." You reassured him. "Don't worry, I'm just going to be reporting and then giving my statement. The rest is unknown." 

He was quiet for a little bit before seemly accepting it and hanging the manager back his phone. "____, what happened?" 

"Ask Hakyeon, the police are here, I'll call later." You hung up quickly and smiled at the officers that approached you. 

"What's the problem here?" One of them asked, glancing back and forth between you and the man. 

"I'm reporting a stalker." You mumbled, nodding at the scruffy man. "He scammed me into going to China to get money from me and then tried to get money from me in Tokyo as well." 

"Can both of you follow us please?" He nodded. "We'll just need to get both of your statements and do a little investigation, is that alright?" 

Both of you nodded and followed them out of the complex. 

Here goes one issue. The next issue on my mind is Kim Tae Hee. How do I get rid of her? 

--

"Are you guys still taking pictures at the one place?" You yawned into the phone. 

"We're on break for lunch. It took you 4 hours to give a statement at the police station?" The manager asked. 

"Yeah, it was a little complicated." You glanced back at the police station. "But the matter is resolved." 

"You still have the address right? Unless you want to get scolded again by the director, I'd get here quickly." 

"I don't have a car. How far is it?" 

"If you take a taxi it would be an hour or so and that's expensive. I'd take a train if you can avoid it." He raised his voice over the boys. You couldn't tell but it sounded like they were playing some sort of game as they ate.

"I'll get there. Someway." You sighed, hanging up. 

You dialed Ha Yi's number. "____?" 

"Ha Yi-ah, where are you right now?" 

"I went out to eat with your mother alone since you ditched her." 

"Shut up. Where?"

"We're in Seoul, want to come?" 

"Did she take her car or the train?"

"Train. It's stupid to take her car when you can get here so much quicker by train." 

You stomped your foot a little and hung up. The boys didn't take the train there, obviously. It would've been so much more easier if I could've rode with them... Do I really have to ride the train?... I can't do it.

Irritated, you jogged to the nearest underground train system and bought a cheap ticket. It wasn't until you heard the train rattling down the rails when you were hit with fear. People hurried around you and ran into you as they went to the train, needing to get on. 

You took a few shaky breaths and tucked your hair into your scarf, approaching the train as well and stepping on it as it came to a stop. Once you were inside the train, you relaxed a bit more as you found an empty seat and took it. I hate this... I feel so uncomfortable. But... I need to do my job. It's not something I can avoid. 

You didn't realize how bad you were trembling until the train came to another stop a ways down the path to let in more passengers. You pulled out your phone and pulled up Hakyeon's contact. 

To: Yeonie

You better tell your manager that he's dead when I get there. Thanks to him, I have to take the train. Kidding. But you should've just come over and got me yourself.

You didn't expect him to answer so quickly as he texted back. 

From: Yeonie

Are you okay? Don't ride it if you can't! 

You didn't answer and instead, played a game on your phone to distract you from your surroundings. 

The train came to a stop at your station and you stood up to leave but someone shoved you and you dropped your phone as you fell in the door way. It felt like time slowed down as you remembered this happening almost the exact same way it did when you were young. It's happening again... You grabbed at your hair and panicked. My hair is stuck in the door... But it wasn't stuck. The memories were so vivid that you thought you went back to that younger time.

People stared at you and a few people helped get you to your feet, the train doors shutting slowly. They helped you get away from the doors and started crying like you had when you were younger. When they let you go, your legs gave out again and you dropped to your knees, shocked. 

"Miss, are you okay? Do I need to call an ambulance?" One of the guys that helped you, knelt down and asked, holding out your phone to you. 

You shook your head and took your phone, trying to shake it off. "My hair... It was caught in the door... Does it look bad?" Your voice shook slightly. 

"Miss?" He gave you a confused look. 

"My hair..." You bit your lip as you got to your feet, the man standing as well. "Never mind. It wasn't real... Was it?"

"I'm going to call an ambulance, okay?" 

"No, it's okay." You began to compose yourself a little more and shook your head again. ____, your hair didn't get caught. Don't get stuck in the past. You chuckled, trying to laugh off the situation. "Thank you for your help, I'm okay." 

He smiled. "I'm glad then, well, I'll be going. Be careful." You bowed your head to him and watched him leave before touching your hair, making sure it was there still. 

That was terrifying... I felt like I went back in time. I need to get a grip on myself. You shook your head once more and walked slowly over to the exit of the underground station, opening the manager's text of the location. 

Luckily, the place you had to be at was only a few moments down the road. 

You glanced around with a shaky sigh and forced another smile. I rode the train after years of being terrified... You walked quickly down the side walk, wanting to get as far away from the station as possible. And I will never do it again. Trains are just a place for me to die. It's happened twice now. 

After a little bit, you arrived at the place, the manager standing outside and waiting for you. "____! You're here! Are you okay?" He asked, looking guilty. "Hakyeon told me that you can't ride trains... I didn't know. I would've sent someone to get you if that were the case." 

You shook your head. "It's okay. Never again, okay?" 

He nodded and lead you into the building. It was Hakyeon's turn for pictures by the time you got to that area. They weren't taking the song pictures because they already had those done in Sweden, but other pictures for something that was escaping your mind. 

Hakyeon was looking extremely good as he posed for each picture. He's so photogenic... I'm jealous. You went over to Wonsik and Taekwoon, who were standing off to the side, watching Hakyeon. Wonsik even copied Hakyeon a few times to try and make Taekwoon laugh. 

"Hey, you made it." Wonsik smiled at you as you stood beside him. "Look, your boyfriend is such a model." He mocked. 

"Better than you." You joked, locking your gaze on Hakyeon. "You guys look tired. Where are the other boys?"

"Probably getting their make up redone." Wonsik mumbled. "We've been here a while and it's getting hot so we've all had to have our make up redone at least once." 

You nodded. "Reasonable. When is Only U going to be release?" 

"Novemeber 11th." Taekwoon spoke, glancing at you. 

You were shocked that he was the one who answered you. "That's near. How was Sweden for you, Taekwoon? I already heard everyone else boast about it." 

"It was fun." He nodded. "You should've went."

His voice is so cute, oh my god. "I should've, hm? I wish I could've but the director decided not to send me along." You sighed. "The media is still floating around pictures of Hakyeon and I in Tokyo even though that was so long ago. People never let go, do they?"

He shook his head slightly. "It'll get buried eventually." 

Wonsik agreed and decided to join. "But it's not a lie, that's the hard part about it. Hakyeon can't do an interview and call it fake when it's not, he wouldn't lie like that." 

"Yeah, I know." You frowned, watching as Hakyeon sipped from his water bottle before taking the last few pictures, not even noticing you had arrived. "And it's taking a toll on our relationship." 

"Hm?" Wonsik looked at you with surprise. "Are you two fighting?"

"No." You smiled again. "I just can't get very close to him right now." 

Wonsik chuckled. "Don't worry too much. Hakyeon cares for you a lot." The manager pointed at Wonsik to go. "Yeah, my turn." He spoke sarcastically as he went out over to Hakyeon, pushing him out of the way playfully. 

Hakyeon laughed and happily left the area, making his way over to the make up room. You watched him go and sighed, catching Taekwoon watching you. "What?" You mumbled. 

Taekwoon shrugged and sipped his water. I wonder if I should go say something to him or wait for him to come to me. You decided to go to him and went over to the dressing room, standing outside the door and watching as Hakyeon and Jaehwan joked around. Hyuk was playing music and dancing around with Hongbin, Hakyeon and Jaehwan copying them. 

They were all laughing really hard and having a good time so you decided not to go to him and walked lazily back over to Taekwoon. Maybe I'm not just afraid of the train... Maybe I've developed a trama towards it like I did on the day of the accident that killed my dad. I mean, having my hair get stuck in the train is very scary and the fact that it almost happened again is very understandable that I'd be afraid. But it is also not something that should scar me my whole life. Maybe give me fear when I'm on it, but not prevent me from riding it. 

Who knows? I tend to overreact about a lot of things anyways. That's just me. You heard Hakyeon's laughter, turning to look at him as he and Jaehwan came out of the dressing room and going outside the building. I kind of want to go tell Hakyeon I'm here. Once again, you dragged yourself outside the building and started to approach Hakyeon but haulting when you heard Tae Hee's name. 

Jaehwan and Hakyeon were talking amongst themselves as they messed around on their phones. "So, how are you and Tae Hee doing?" Jaehwan asked Hakyeon, your heart stopping. Tae Hee? Hakyeon just shrugged and continuing messing with his phone. "Are you and ____ dating for real?"

"Yeah." Hakyeon spoke lazily, running his hands through his brown hair. He had changed his hair back to brown for the Only U song. He was still cute but you had to admit, you missed the red hair. 

"Then what about Tae Hee, what is she to you?" 

"Hm... Someone I dislike?" 

"Then why do you still talk with her? She called you this morning again." Jaehwan laughed, showing Hakyeon a picture on his phone. Tae Hee called Hakyeon? Didn't Hakyeon block her? I don't understand. 

Hakyeon sighed and looked at Jaehwan. "Yah. I don't talk with her. I only unblocked her so that I could try to get her to leave ____ alone." 

"____? What'd she do to her?" 

"She sent a stalker after her in Tokyo." Hakyeon mumbled. 

"Oh yeah, the thing that the media was going crazy and calling you a hero for." Jaehwan nodded. "So you knew that a stalker was after ____?" 

"I knew who did it after it happened." Hakyeon put his phone away and smiled at Jaehwan. "That's the only reason why I didn't call the police when we got back to the room. I wanted to give Tae Hee a chance to apologize. But she never did and the issue eventually settled down so I left it be." 

Hakyeon knew it was Tae Hee? "Did you ever tell ____? She seemed pretty shaken up by it. She wouldn't let anyone touch her for like a week after." 

"No." Hakyeon shook his head. "____ would probably hurt Tae Hee." 

He's protecting Tae Hee... Again? And with such a serious matter... If what Hakyeon said was true, then the guy from earlier was covering up Tae Hee by using my mother. But what if Hakyeon's lying? I can't believe he's protecting Tae Hee right now. 

You let out a sad sigh, accidently alerting Hakyeon and Jaehwan, their eyes going wide. "_____-ah..." Hakyeon froze as if he'd been caught cheating.

Jaehwan gave an 'o' face to Hakyeon. But you didn't say anything. You were mad, hurt, and a little confused, but you decided not to snap at Hakyeon here. Not here. So, you just turned and went back into the building with a scowl on your face. He unblocked Tae Hee for a good reason. But then he kept her unblocked all these months? He knew why I had a stalker, didn't tell me, and why didn't he tell me? Oh, right, to protect the person that sent someone harmful after me. I'm trying so hard not to get worked up over it before I know the whole story but it's hard. 

Hakyeon walked in after you but was stopped by Jaehwan and pulled back outside before he could try and say anything to you. You just went right back over to Taekwoon and watched as Wonsik finished up his pictures with Hongbin on deck. 

"Hey, Taekwoon-ah." You sighed after a little while. "Do you know about Hakyeon and Tae Hee?" 

He nodded slowly. "Hakyeon only ever told me about her."

"What about Jaehwan?" 

"He only knows that they use to date." He mumbled. "And that she's been calling lately. That's all." 

"Does Hakyeon ever tell you stuff about me?" You looked at him, hopeful. 

But he shook his head. "Hakyeon doesn't say anything about people that he gets along with." 

"Gets along with?"

"He comes to me only to talk about someone he dislikes so that he can calm down before making rash decisions."

This is the most he's talked to me. Ever. But it's useful, I guess. "I see."

"If you're worried about Hakyeon liking Tae Hee, don't." He tried to reassure you, knowing something was bugging you. 

I'm a little worried about that but I'm mostly worried that he'd rather protect someone who tried to harm me. 

"Ah, look, Hongbin is photogenic too. Seems like everyone is other than Wonsik." You joked, trying to lighten the tone with Taekwoon just as Wonsik walked by.

"Yah! You want to fight? I can take you!" Wonsik threw up his fists and approached you, playfully jabbing out at you. 

"Yah, yah!" You burst out laughing at his stupidity. "Why are you so mad when it's the truth?" 

Wonsik stopped messing around and laughed as well, throwing an arm around your shoulder. "____, you're a fun person to be around." 

"Really? When you have 5 other idiots around you as well?" You turned to glance at him. 

"I'm around those 5 idiots 24/7. But this idiot," He pointed towards you, "Is only around half of the day." 

"Idiot?" You poked his side and watched as he curled away from you, standing up straight when he calmed down, his arm still around you. "I am not an idiot." 

Wonsik smiled and looked at Taekwoon. "Should we ask the manager to let us pose with ____ for pictures?" 

"You're insane." Taekwoon mumbled, keeping his eyes on Hongbin. 

You chuckled. "I'm not photogenic either. Wonsik and I would stand out too much. We're too ugly." 

Wonsik decided to just let it happen and agreed. "We're the ugly ducklings of VIXX apparently. Come, my ugly duck, let's go so Hyuk." He steered you away from Taekwoon and into the dressing room, Hyuk looking at you two oddly. 

"Hakyeon hasn't stabbed you yet?" He joked with Wonsik, Wonsik putting his arm down. 

"Hakyeon's too busy flirting with Jaehwan." Wonsik mocked, sitting on the counter beside where Hyuk stood. "Isn't she ugly?" 

Hyuk looked at you and shook his head. "She's pretty." Wonsik smacked the top of his head, Hyuk glaring at his hyung as he held his head. "Hyung... What was that for?" 

"She's ugly." Wonsik laughed, patting Hyuk's shoulder as a sign of comfort. 

"At least I look better than you." You grumbled, sitting on the counter beside Wonsik. "Hey, are you into crazy girls?"

"Are you asking me out right now?" Wonsik stared at you. "Do you want Hakyeon to murder me?"

"No, not me!" You laughed again. "My friend. She likes you a lot. She squeals whenever she watches VIXX. 'Oppa! Ravi-Oppa is so cuuutee I could just DIE'" You mimicked Ha Yi, causing Hyuk and Wonsik to burst into laughter, Hakyeon walking in the dressing room a moment after. You didn't acknowledge him and continued to mock Ha Yi. "'Ravi-ahhh! He's so handsome and cute! OMO, did you hear his rap? It's almost like he does that in every song but it is still so amazing!'" 

"Yah, yah!" Wonsik was laughing so hard his face was red. "Your friend likes me that much?" 

"Yeah, it's comical." You laughed as well. "She almost cut her hair to match your hairstyle in On and On. I had to convince her otherwise cause that would've been a trainwreck." 

Hyuk laughed. "What about me? Do you have any friends that like me like that, Noona?" 

You pretended to think. "I have so many friends... Gee, I don't know. I don't think any of them has ever squealed over you." 

"She has no friends, she's lying." Wonsik started laughing again. 

You glared at him and just smiled. "_____-ah, do you..." You cut Hakyeon off, pretending like you never heard him. 

"Wonsik, do you want to meet my only friend? She would probably faint." 

Hyuk and Wonsik stared at you in shock and then sent a look at Hakyeon who looked both hurt and embarrassed that he was ignored like that. Maybe I shouldn't have cut him off... But, I can't help but feel at least a little betrayed. 

"I don't know, do I?" Wonsik laughed awkwardly, Hyuk still staring at the frozen Hakyeon. 

Why do I feel bad? I shouldn't. You sighed. "I'm going to talk to the manager." You got off the counter and brushed past Hakyeon. 

You lied. You weren't going to the manager. You went outside instead and sat in the front of the building on the steps, watching as cars went past and people walked around you. Tae Hee finds a way to ruin everything even if she didn't intentionally do it. Well... I guess I'm going to have to go to Tae Hee about this. I have no choice but to believe her as I can't trust Hakyeon right now. He'll probably sugar coat it and hide something without legitly lying and I don't want that. 

"Ms. Prettylady?" Jaehwan showed up behind you, taking his seat on the steps with you. "What are you doing out here? Isn't it cold?"

"That's why I have a coat on." You mumbled, your gaze fixed on the cars passing by.

"Are you upset? From what you heard before?" Jaehwan was surprisingly serious and calm to you right now. 

"Wouldn't you?" 

"I'm sure he did it because he was worried for you." 

"Honestly, I don't care. I went to the police station today with the man who I was stalked by and he told me quite a few things different from what Hakyeon said." You glanced at him briefly. "One of them is lying. So all that's left to do is to ask the 3rd party." 

"3rd party?" 

"Kim Tae Hee." 

"Don't you think she'd lie too?" 

"Probably. But honestly, I think I can believe her words more in this situation. I heard with my own ears what Hakyeon says about her when I'm not around so I already have his input. I talked to my stalker today and have his input. It's only fair to ask Tae Hee before I press charges against her." 

"Charges?"

"This is illegal, Jaehwan. If she truly sent a stalker after me to potentially harm me, then that's not legal. Of course I'd press charges." You played with your thumbs. "Besides, the man told me that Tae Hee didn't intentionally send him after me. I want to believe that. As much as I hate her, I hope she isn't this kind of person."

Jaehwan nodded, seeming to understand. "Hakyeon doesn't talk to Tae Hee anymore, just so you know. The only reason I know of Tae Hee is because when we were first starting out as a group, I went through his phone when he was away. I only did that because he seemed so down and depressed when he was off camera and away from everyone. Of course he doesn't know I went through his phone so keep quiet about that." He winked at you. "He unblocked her a really long time ago so that he could question Tae Hee himself and warn her to stay away from you. But he only ever called her once." 

"I'm not mad about him and Tae Hee. Sort of, anyways. I told you already, he doesn't tell me the things that I really need to know. It's been nearly 3 and a half months since we were in Tokyo and this happened. Don't you find it ironic that now I hear the truth from Hakyeon and the man himself? Why today? It's too ironic." 

Jaehwan stayed silent for a bit before patting your knee and standing up. "Hakyeon is right, you tune out what could end up comforting you in these situations so I won't try anymore." He put on his goofy smile once again and chuckled. "Good luck, Ms. Prettylady. You seem like a real detective right now." He saluted to you before going inside, screaming for Wonsik as he entered. 

You bit your lip to keep from smiling at his stupid screams and dialed your mother's number. "Hello? _____?" Your mother's voice sounded confused as she picked up. 

"Do you know Tae Hee's number or address?" You sighed. "There is something I need to talk with her about."

"...Are you sure you need to do this? What if you two fight?" She hesitated. 

"We won't. Not today at least." I need an honest, calm talk with Tae Hee if I'm ever going to sort things out. Your mother told you her address while you typed it into your phone, still on the call with your mom on speaker. "Seoul? She lives in Seoul?" 

"Yes." 

"She must stay with you guys often if I ran into her at a cafe." You mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it." You took her off speaker. "I need to go now, I'm working."

"Wait. Can we have dinner before I go back to Suwon? I know it's no where near that time yet but I wanted to ask now incase I couldn't get in touch with you later." 

"Sure. Invite Ha Yi along as well. No Tae Hee." You hung up and stood, turning to go inside and seeing Hakyeon stand there instead, leaning against the door with his hands in his front pockets. He looked up when you turned. 

"_____-ah." He offered a small smile. 

You put a finger to your mouth to shush him before speaking. "I don't want to hear anything from you until I hear from the 3rd party. If she truly sent someone after me, I'm pressing charges against her and I'm breaking up with you." 

His eyes widened and glassed over. "W-why break up with me? What did I do?" 

"Because you helped protect a criminal. If she truly did that, she's a criminal and deserves what she gets." You sighed. "You supposedly knew this information but kept it to yourself to protect her... How do you think I feel right now?" 

"I didn't know right away though..." You stopped him.

"But you knew eventually, didn't you? You didn't call anyone because you found out it was supposedly Tae Hee. Also... How would you know this information? You had Tae Hee blocked so there was no way you could know from her, right?" 

He hesitated. "____, I didn't hide it to hurt you." 

"How'd you find out it was her if she's blocked? It's not like she'd openly say it was her doing even if she wasn't blocked. How'd you know it was her by the time we got back to the room?" You snapped. 

"Because..." You stopped him again. 

"I don't want to hear excuses anymore, never mind." You clenched your jaw to keep from raising your voice, not wanting to gather attention from inside the building. "If she sent someone after me, I'm pressing charges and ending it with you. If she didn't send anyone after me, then I'll just pretend like you didn't know the whole story and assumed, which is probably what you're doing anyways and I hope it is, and we'll carry on our relationship like nothing happened, okay?" 

You didn't wait for him to answer as you moved towards the door, Hakyeon frozen for a moment before moving slightly to the side so you could get inside. 

What if Tae Hee really did send someone after me? Will I really be able to end it with Hakyeon? ... But I don't want too... 

I can't believe I have to rely on Tae Hee's words like this.

--

"I'm really glad that you decided to have dinner with me, _____." Your mother smiled brightly at you from a crossed the table. "Ha Yi took me all around Seoul today and bought me VIXX albums so I can see how talented your boyfriend is." 

You rolled your eyes, sipping your water. "Seems like he won't be with me much longer." You glared at your finger with the couple ring on it. 

"What?" Ha Yi looked at you with surprise, your mother as well. "You're breaking up with him?" 

"Long story." You shook your head. "50/50 chance right now." 

"But you two were so cute..." Mother frowned. "I even know all of VIXX now and not just Hakyeon." 

"The rest of VIXX is worth your time." You mumbled. "Hakyeon is also worth your time as N."

Ha Yi sighed and looked at your mother. "This'll pass. They're destined for each other. I just know it. Start planning the wedding now." Your mother smiled at Ha Yi's words.

You reach a crossed the table and smacked her nose, sitting down and sipping your water again like nothing happened. "What do you want to eat? We could share food like we use to back when you two were young." Your mother offered. "I missed my daughters!" 

You couldn't help but smile a little. We're becoming happy again, dad. Make sure you watch. I can't make you watch anymore so you have to do it on your own. "Chicken and beer." 

"Beer?" Ha Yi and your mother gasped at the same time. "You want alcohol?" 

"Eh... I did for like 2 seconds. Chicken and soda." You corrected yourself, winking. "I've been put into these moods lately where I forget that I don't drink." 

"Chicken and soda, huh?" Your mother chuckled. "Better than beer."

Ha Yi pouted. "Yeah, sure is." Her voice was completely sarcastic which cause you and mother to laugh. 

From: Yeonie

____.. I miss you. I feel like I'm dying knowing that you're hurt because of me.

You ignored it and put your phone in your lap, feeling only a little guilty. I can't let him guilt trip me until I prove him wrong. I don't want to break up with him. I sure as hell hope he's wrong.

The waitress came over and took your order, leaving as quickly as she came. "Ha Yi-ah, I'm not going to be home until late tonight again." You announced. 

"What? Why? It isn't Hakyeon this time, I know that for sure." Ha Yi mumbled, sipping her water. 

"I'm going to see Tae Hee." 

"Tae Hee? What if you murder her? Yah, that's not wise. I'll go with you."

"No." You shook your head. "Tae Hee... Is my last option here. I need her to open up to me completely about something and no matter what she says, I have to accept it. I have no way of knowing whether it's 100% true or not but she's the deciding party." 

"What exactly is going on?" She whined. "You have to trust someone who lies all the time like this... And Hakyeon might not be your boyfriend anymore. It's serious, can't you tell me?"

"Later." You smiled. "I promise. I'm just so confused today. Everything seems to be going wrong. I even rode the freaking train today."

"You rode the train?" They both gasped. 

"Yeah. And I won't ever again. I fell just like I did when I was younger and even imagined that my hair was caught inside the door when in reality, I had just fallen." You explained. "It was so scary. I'm never doing it again."

"Poor thing. You are having a rough day." Your mother frowned. "I'm glad to be with you all the same. Even if you're only trying to get along with me because of something someone else said, it still gives us the chance to bond again." 

You agreed hesitantly and made room as the waitress came back with two baskets of spicy chicken wings, empty cups, and a pitcher of soda. You all thanked her and watched her leave before digging in. 

"I needed this today." You sighed with relief when you bit into a spicy wing, your mother pouring the sodas into the empty cups. You twisted your face with pain for a moment and sipped your soda to get the spicy out of your mouth before taking another bite. "It also feels nice to eat with people other than VIXX. You two aren't as loud or aggressive as them, it's easier to enjoy the meal when I'm not scolding or laughing at them." 

Tae Hee better be home. 

And I better keep myself in check.

--

You knocked on the door a few times. The air was cold and it was dark. It was kind of ominous, actually. The only comfort you had was the light outside her house and the neighbors above and below her. It was kind an apartment building but one where each home was connected to the outside with a porch so it wasn't like the one you had. 

It took a while for her to answer the door and when she did she nearly screamed with surprise. "You! How and why are you here?" She glared at you. 

You sighed. "Listen. We need to talk. You can either let me in or I'll find my own way in." 

"Talk? About what?" She relaxed, eyeing you suspiciously. 

"I'm not going to fight you." You rolled your eyes as she stepped to the side, letting you in. 

You slipped off your shoes and took off your coat and scarf, hanging them over your arm as you glanced around. The living room was wide and branched into 3 seperate rooms closed off by a door. You took a seat on her couch and hung your things over the arm of it, pressing the record button on your phone quickly before she noticed. 

Tae Hee watched you suspiciously and joined you on the couch, sitting as far away as she could from you. "What do you want?" 

"Forget about Hakyeon, forget about our situation, and forget about our fights. I need you to be completely honest with me today, okay? This is a very dangerous and important matter for me and whatever you say, I will believe 100%. Okay?" You looked at her, pleading her silently to tell the truth. 

She seemed to relax even more and sighed. "I have a feeling I know what this is about." She held up an 'okay' sign with her hands. "You found me and are seeking me out for help even when we aren't necessarily on the best terms. The least I can do it inform you with correct information." 

You had a hard time believing her even now but took a deep breath and began anyways. "There's a co-worker my mother works with. He's good friends with her and your father and often stops by the house when you're there so you know him as well. He first targeted me a while back before Hakyeon and I started dating. He scammed me into going to China for money and then later accidently met up with me in Tokyo and tried to harm me. He told me that you mentioned I was in Tokyo after he was already there with the plane ticket that you and your mother gifted him due to an illness. Have I said anything wrong so far?" She shook her head and you continued. "This man says that it was on his own intentions to seek me out and try to get more money from me or whatever. Now, Hakyeon on the other hand, says that you sent him to me to harm me. I overheard him when he was speaking to Jaehwa... Ken today. He said he didn't know that you did sned him once it happened but he found out immediately when we returned to the hotel room. Please, I'm begging you right now, who is right?" 

Tae Hee bit her lip nervously. "Both of them are."

"Both? How can that be?" 

"I sent the man to Tokyo on your mother's wish because he has a terminating illness. He called when he arrived at Tokyo and confirmed that it was your mother's wish to be sent there. I knew of you being in Tokyo with VIXX and I knew what happened in China because your mother told me. I guess... I got jealous and mentioned that you were in Tokyo before he hung up. He then proceeded to ask where you were staying and I only told him that you with the boys of VIXX since I didn't know where you'd be staying. I didn't know he would seek you out, I only thought he was asking since he knew you were his friend's daughter but I still found it odd that he'd want to know that." 

"So unintentionally sent him to me?" 

"I called Hakyeon but of course I was blocked so I couldn't do anything about it. I was calling him to let him know that someone you didn't know was looking for you and that someone was the same person who scammed you into going to China... Though we obviously don't get along, I thought that your safety was important." She bit her lip again. "I called that man again and asked him why he wanted to see you. He told me, very honestly if he really did come after you for this reason, that he wanted money from you. I didn't think that was of any physical harm to you and since I disliked you, I thought it would be humorous to see you panic when you were broke in Tokyo. So I let encouraged him to find you." 

Your heart sank. But she had no intention of hurting me... Does it still make it illegal if she had no intention? It does, doesn't it? Because she still encouraged someone to steal from another. "How would Hakyeon know it was you?" 

"I have no idea." She shook her head. "I really have no idea." 

Damn... I wish I didn't interrupt Hakyeon when he was going to explain how he knew it was Tae Hee. "So... In conclusion, you unintentionally sent a stalker after me in Tokyo?" 

She nodded slowly. "Unintentionally, yes." 

You pulled out your phone from your pocket and ended the recording, sighing heavily. "Tae Hee... As much as I dislike you... I didn't imagine you as this sort of person."

She looked at you, shocked. "What?" 

"I really... Really hoped that it wasn't you who did it." You sighed again, slipping your phone into your coat pocket and putting your coat on, along with your scarf. "Not only because this means I have to end it with Hakyeon, but because I believe you were truly a better person than to go to illegal measures." 

"Illegal?" She huffed, standing. "What was so illegal about it?" 

"You sent someone after me to steal from me, Tae Hee." You frowned. "I'm... I'm going to turn over my phone to the police tomorrow. I will let them deal with this and stay out of it as much as I can... I might even have to get Hakyeon in trouble when I find out how he knew it was you. And I really don't want to do either." 

She frowned, bowing her head. "I understand... I would report myself as well if our roles were switched." 

You looked at her oddly. "You would?"

"Of course. Someone I strongly dislike sent someone to steal from me. I can understand this." She nodded. "Though, I don't think I'll go to prison, but it'll leave a mark on my documents for sure." 

"I hope you don't go to prison." You moved over to the walkway and slipped on your shoes. "Thank you for being honest with me. I hope that everything you said was the truth." 

"But... Why would you end it with Hakyeon?" She approached you, her eyebrows furrowed with confusion. "You two are clearly in love with each other." You could tell it hurt her in someway to say that. 

"Because... He defended you in the end." You allowed her to see how hurt you were as well. "He defended you even after hearing that I could've been hurt by you."

"He what?" She looked at you with surprise. "That's impossible." 

"It's like you said... He won't be able to forget you." You smiled, sadly. "I wish you good luck and I'm sorry you had to come to such means because of your dislike for me." 

You left her apartment with a sunken heart and tears threatening to spill. I have to see Hakyeon today. I need to know how he knew it was Tae Hee.

You pulled out your phone and dialed his number, Hakyeon answering almost immediately. "____-ah?" 

"How did you know it was Tae Hee?" You went straight to the point as you made your way down the sidewalk, your apartment was about a half hour walk from here but it didn't concern you right now. 

He sighed. "Because he was wearing a necklace that I gave Tae Hee when she was sick, back when we dated. I told her the necklace was for people who are sick and that she shouldn't keep it when she's better." He paused a moment. "I noticed the necklace when he was threatening you but it didn't register in my brain until we reached the hotel room." 

"So you didn't know if she sent him, you just knew he knew her, because of the necklace?" You twitched a smile. "You assumed, right?" 

"I assumed while we were in Tokyo." His voice grew softer and more shaky. "But when we went to see your mother to have dinner, I asked Tae Hee about the necklace while you were being scolding for yelling at Tae Hee. She told me everything."

Your heart sank again. "And you hid it because you didn't want her hurt?"

"I hid it because I knew it would hurt you and you'd take it out on Tae Hee, which could lead you two to fight even more." 

"Why would I hurt her?" You drew a shaky breath as you crossed the street quickly. "Have I ever hurt anyone? Physically? On purpose?" 

"I was afraid you would... Because of your already deep dislike with her." 

"Hakyeon. Do you realize what you're saying... Sounds like to me?"

"I'm not trying to make it sound like I like her because I don't! I only thought of you in my desicion to hide it. I didn't want you acting rashly and you didn't seem to intent on reporting the guy either so I thought it would be okay." His voice was shaky still, something you've never heard from him before. "____-ah... I didn't hide it because I didn't want her to be questioned by the police. I hid it because that's all I could think of! I want to protect you but in that situation, I didn't know how without hurting you!"

You bit your lip to keep your voice from breaking. "Hakyeon... You shouldn't have hid something like this from me..." 

"____-ah! Can't you understand me? Wouldn't you hide it from me as well to keep me from hurting if I were you? Now if you were physically hurt in the process then I would have reported her faster than the speed of light but you weren't hurt. You were a little shaken by it and I told myself that if you were still shaken up by the end of the week, I would report her. But you gradually got better and didn't mention it anymore so I didn't think I needed to put you through anything that would hurt you." 

"Hakyeon-ah..." Your voice started to shake a little. "Stop acting like this..." 

"I don't want to lose you. It was the only way I could think of protecting you with at that moment... Can't you understand that? Report Tae Hee! Do what you want with her, I don't care! I just don't want you to be hurt anymore and I don't want to lose you..." You could tell he was trying not to cry from the way he paused to breath. "Don't leave, hm? Please? I won't make desicions like this again... I'll tell you everything if something like this happens again... Please... I love you to the moon and back... How can I let you leave me if I love you that much?" 

You closed your eyes tightly to keep from crying and opening them moments later to find yourself near the food place Ha Yi and your mother ate at with you. "Hakyeon-ah..." He cut you off. 

"Can't you think about it and try to understand me? I know I kept something horrible from you and I'm wrong. I'm very, very wrong. But please... Give me a chance to make it up to you, don't just leave me." 

"Hakyeon! I understand why you thought you couldn't tell me at first... But I can't get over the fact that you continued to keep it from me and talked so easily about it to Jaehwan like it meant nothing. Why is this happening to me today? Why has this issue suddenly come up months after it happened? It doesn't make any sense!" 

Noona, Hakyeon is a funny person. He's good to everyone he meets but sometimes he struggles between decisions that he's faced with. For example, if he's meeting a fan that's lost and needs help but he needs to leave the venue with us or else we get stranded in the van with fans attacking us, he'll most likely pick that one fan. He's a softy and he picks the side where he thinks the other is more helpless. But, that also means that he thinks the party that he left behind is understanding enough to let him do it, you know what I mean?

What Hyuk said is starting to make a little more sense with me now... But would that apply here? I mean... With such a serious issue... I don't know. "____-ah. Please, just give me another shot. I won't screw up this time." 

"We're going to have to break up... I can't understand you right now." You clenched your jaw as you spoke, afraid you'd take it back the second it was out. "I'm sorry... But I don't think I should continue to be with you and pretend this never happened. Not until I think about it and try to understand you. And it might take a while. But... At least for now... I can't be with you and I'm sorry for that." 

You waited for his response but only heard muffled cries that he tried hard to block but failed miserably to do so. You hung up quickly and stared out in front of you as you walked the rest of the way home, ready to just bury yourself in your bed and disappear for a while. Maybe the director would allow you to have a few days off... Though, your attendence hasn't been the best.

Am I even human? Does this make me worse than Tae Hee was to him? Who is really the bad guy here? 

Sure... I understand that he didn't want to tell me... But he should've. This is a serious enough matter to where he should've told me. He should've reported her. He should not have hid it from me like that... 

I made the right desicion... Right?

From: Yeonie

I'll wait for you. As long as it takes, I'll wait for you just like you waited for me. I'll wait. 

 

Thank you so much for the upvote, HeagyTheMrs! 

Thank you for reading and subscribing! Sorry for the sudden jump in time in the fan fiction, Exotic and I had a change in plans on how we wanted this fan fiction to progress, I hope it didn't screw anything up! I've been itching to post this one since Friday after Exotic posted last Thursday's update and then I exited out of the browser I had open since Friday on Monday and it deleted EVERYTHING for both this chapter and next chapter sooo... I was a little frustrated. And because of that, this chapter and next chapter won't be as long as I wanted because of my own stupidity! That was so frustrating... Anyways, look forward to Thursday's update and hopefully I won't close the tab again... ;-; ~PandaBiscuit~