Part Two(Final)

To the Moon

You knocked on the door once again. "Mom? Your car is here, aren't you home?" You shouted. "Mom?" 

You decided to just go inside to find she really wasn't home. But she said she'd be here to talk... I don't get it.

"Is she not here?" Hakyeon walked in the door soon after you did. "I was going to wait in the car but I saw you go in when no one answered so I wanted to make sure everything was okay." 

"She's not here." You shook your head with a sigh. "She said to be here at this time last night." 

"Maybe she forgot?" Hakyeon glanced around the dark home. 

"Do you think she's with Jung Shik?" You asked as your phone rang. You answered it quickly. 

"Mom?"

"Try again." 

"Jae Jung?" You bit your lip with frustration. "What is it?"

"Where are you? Your manager is going ballistic." 

"Why?" 

"You were supposed to be shooting a scene to your drama today." 

"OH!" You covered your mouth as you yelped with shock, Hakyeon giving you the strangest look. "I totally forgot! When was that?" 

"Well it's like 8pm now so obviously it was earlier in the day. I don't know the exact details but he sought me out so that I'd find you. Were you ignoring his calls or something?" 

"Yeah cause I thought he was going to call me about paperwork." You relaxed a little. "I'm letting you go." 

"Good luck." He chuckled, hanging up first.

"What?" Hakyeon asked as you began dialing the number of the director of the drama. 

"I had a scene to shoot today and I forgot." You mumbled, putting the phone to your ear. 

"_____, hello." He answered quickly. "I was waiting for your call." 

"I..." You found it hard to find words. "I was a little occupied today and didn't go to my company and I..." 

"You forgot the scene, right?" He finished for you. 

"Yeah..." You ducked your head with shame. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't worry about it. We filmed some other scenes that didn't involve your character. Just don't let it happen again and show up early tomorrow to shoot the scene and a few more so we stay on track. Got it?" 

"Yes sir... I'll be there very early! I'm sorry..." 

He chuckled a little. "Don't do it again." And then he hung up. 

You clutched at your heart. "Oh my..." 

Hakyeon arced a thin smile. "It happens. I've forgotten to wake the other band members for a music video shooting once and I showed up alone only to get angry at them for nothing since it was my fault." 

"That's funny." You smiled, slipping your phone into your pocket and looking towards the door. "Let's go." 

"Make sure you talk to her eventually, though." Hakyeon agreed, following you to the door just as it opened. 

Tae Hee stared at the two of you in shock. "What are you two doing here?" 

"I could ask you that, too." You mumbled. 

"You weren't screwing around, were you?" She smirked as your mom showed up beside her. 

"No." You ignored her mocking and looked towards your mom. "Where were you? You said to meet here like a half hour ago." 

She frowned. "My bad, honey. I forgot about it." 

Your stomach dropped a little. "You forgot?" 

Tae Hee sighed. "____, let's talk real quick."

"About what?" You protested as she dragged you down the hall and into the study, shutting the door. 

She the lights before talking. "She's upset." 

"Mom? Why? How would you know?" You shifted a little before deciding to sit in the chair beside the desk. 

"I was just out to dinner with her." She looked at you like it was obvious.

"Okay, so, why is she upset?" 

"Her own daughter didn't have a problem with her mother moving to a new country. Even if she was going to do it no matter what you said, she would still want someone to care about wanting her to stay." 

She sounds a lot like Hakyeon right now. Scary. "I do care, that's why I'm here!" 

"She didn't forget." She ignored you. "She planned an overlap like this."

"Why?" 

"She wanted to try and not care what you do so you would take a hint. It was actually Hakyeon's idea."

"Hakyeon's?" You perked up. 

"She said Hakyeon called her and told her to overlap the next time you two were going to meet and he'd play dumb. He told her that it would make you get a hint about the situation and that you would tell her how you truly feel about her leaving after she ditched you." 

"Wow. What a horrible plan." You laughed a little. "But it sounds like something Hakyeon would do. He cares so much about this topic, I don't know why." 

"Because he can't see his mom like you can." She snapped, frustrated. "He's an idol. He can't risk bringing reporters and fans to his home in his hometown and he can't do much with his mom for that reason. And then add the busy part on top of that since his hometown is so far out. He hasn't seen his mom for a while, I bet. I don't talk with him anymore so I wouldn't know for sure." She crossed her arms. "You aren't a very good girlfriend." 

He can't see his mom a lot... Duh, why didn't I think of that? He doesn't want me to not be able to see my mom... That must be why he pushed me to forgive her when we first met as well. I feel really bad... "I'm not." You grumbled, standing up and walking towards the door. "Thanks though... Tae Hee." 

"It still pains me to help you..." She grumbled as well as you left the room. 

You eyed your mother and then Hakyeon. Your mother looked at you with a hint of regret as you entered the living space, Hakyeon standing from the couch to greet you. You smiled awkwardly at him and sat down on the couch, him joining you as well. 

"Sorry, I..." Your mom began speaking but you shook your head. 

"You forgot, I get it. I forget important things too." 

Hakyeon's phone starting to ring so he hurriedly left the room. Strange timing. 

"No, I..."

You shook your head again. "Listen, I really do want you to stay in Korea. But I'm not going to beg for you to stay. You probably were sad last time because I didn't tell you how much I wanted you to stay but I can't really express it without begging you to stay in Korea." You sighed. "Just know that I don't want you to go. I'll call you, like Hakyeon and I did when I was in the States. Communication isn't that hard." You lied. 

She looked a little bit more content than she was a moment ago. "I just got a bit upset when you didn't express any emotions with me going." She smiled. "I am your mother and I know how much you overreact yet look at what I just did?" 

"It wasn't overreacting." You shook your head, quite done with this conversation by now. "I didn't open myself up. And now I did, sort of." 

"Good enough for me." She laughed. "I'm sorry to leave you, honey." 

"Don't. You've always wanted to go and now you have a husband that needs to go." 

"Will you ever call him your father?"

"No. I can't do that." You stood up. "I'm going to go home. Hakyeon is pushing it today and it's already late. We'll catch a meal on the way home." 

"Are you sure?" She frowned again, standing as well. "I'll cook for you. It'll be quick." 

"No thank you." You shot down her idea and gave her a quick hug. "Let's hang out a lot before you leave for the States." 

She nodded in agreement and you sought out Hakyeon in the study with Tae Hee. They sounded like they were arguing so you hovered around the outside of the door.

"What do you mean by that?" Hakyeon sighed angrily. "I don't even know what you're talking about. Didn't we get passed this?" 

"I did." Tae Hee mumbled. "I'm not saying to dump her and come back to me, I'm saying to just leave her. She doesn't know anything about you personally and she runs around doing whatever she likes rather than think about others. Do you really want someone like that?" 

Leave me? What the hell Tae Hee? "Apparently I do." Hakyeon snapped in return. "I don't think you should be talking about her like that. She's a better person than you will ever be." He paused a moment. "Besides, she can do what she wishes. She hasn't pushed me about my personal life since I snapped at her way back when we first met. She'll ask when she's serious about me. But I don't think she's as serious about me as I am about her so I'm letting her figure things out before I push anything." 

Your heart dropped again. Do I really not show my emotions that much? You scurried back out into the living space as Hakyeon exited the study as if nothing happened in there. You said goodbye to your mother once again and exited the house with Hakyeon behind you. 

"Why are we in a hurry?" Hakyeon asked as you jumped in the driver's seat instead of him. "_____?" 

"We're not." You sighed. "Let's go get something to eat." 

"We could've just eaten here."

"I didn't want to." You started the car and drove off. "Who called?"

He hesitated a bit. "Taekwoon did. He was wondering where I was." 

"Taekwoon." You repeated with another sigh. 

You saw him glance cautiously at you out of the corner of your eye. "Is something wrong?" 

"No." You arced a smile. 

"Okay..." 

--

"Okay, I'll leave then." You bowed to the director. "Thank you for today. I'm glad we got to get some good shots." 

He bowed at you as well and you hurried out to your car where you manager sat waiting. He wasted no time in starting the car and taking off the second you got in. "You're still on time, don't panic." 

"Don't tell me not to panic when it's still 10 minutes away!" You screeched with alarm. "My mom boards that plane in a half hour! I swear if I miss it you're dead." 

Days snuck passed you rather quickly since it was already the day your mother left for the States. Plus, you had signed already to continue under Mystic and tomorrow was already the last day of filming for your drama. And then next week was when it would officially air. January was a busy month this year for sure. 

"Faster!" You yowled as you watched the time tick by. "Oh my..." 

"Calm down." He skidded the car into the other lane and floored it. "I'll get you there." 

"You better!" Your phone rang and you answered quickly. "Hello?" 

"____?" It was Ji Jin. 

"Listen, I don't really have much time..." You bit your lip. "If it's important, can we talk later?" 

"Ah, sure, it's not important but your busy. I'll call back later." 

You hung up and watched out the window, clutching you shirt with impatience. "We'll make it, right?" 

"Of course." He spoke confidently. "It's ten minutes away and she leaves in a half hour, of course we have time." 

"You're excluding traffic and the possiblility of her leaving early."

"Well, my bad." He chuckled. "I don't think I've seen you so panicked. No matter what you say, you love your mom, don't you?"

"Of course, I have to. I hated her for the wrong reason for years... If it weren't for Hakyeon, I'd still hate her..." You froze a little. "I'm thankful for him... I'm not dating him, don't take that the wrong way."

"I trust you." He hummed. "You're thankful, I can understand that without intimacy involved." 

"Thanks..." You smirked a little. 

The two of you stayed silent the entire time until you pulled into the airport. He didn't even park and let you out closest to the doors and you bolted inside in a panic. The ride was 20 minutes long cause of traffic... What if she's gone? 

You hurried as quickly as you could to where she would be waiting for her plane and smiled when you saw her there with Jung Shik. You ran up to her and sat beside her. 

"Are you excited? The flight is long but make sure to look out the window!" You giggled. "I'm excited for you. When I went with Jae Jung, it was so pretty and I had so much fun! You'll love it." 

She smiled. "I was afraid I wouldn't see you. Tae Hee already saw me off and Hakyeon even stopped by, but it was very brief." She ducked her head a little. "I know you said not to say this anymore but... Hakyeon is really someone rare. He's good looking, makes good money, very sweet and honest to the heart, and he knows what is right and how to approach it when everyone else thinks it is wrong. He feels like my son because of the amount of time we've spent together. He really likes you, _____-ah. You're all we talk about when we met. He's got a warm heart. Don't let him go, okay? You'll never find someone like him again." 

"Are you dying or moving, I can't tell anymore." You laughed. "I know he is. I don't plan on letting him leave. I'm not ready for marriage but I'm ready to be promised to him." 

"Isn't that what the ring is for anyways?" She touched the necklace on your neck and pulled out the ring from being tucked into your jacket. 

"Well, sort of. It's a promise to be together for sure. But I mean... I want to be promised to him for good but without marriage." 

"I understand." She smiled again, tucking away the ring again. "Just get engaged then. You don't have to make it huge and known, just get engaged and wait on marriage. Marriage is for real but engagement can be broken if needed." 

"I don't know." You bit your lip nervously. "I'll think about that." 

Just then, the announcer announced that her plane was ready to be boarded. The two of you stood and embraced for a while. "I'll call you when I land, wait for it." 

"I will." You sighed as the two of you parted. 

She kissed your cheek and left before she started to cry in front of you. You looked at Jung Shik, pointing a finger at him. 

"Take care of her. If she wants to come back, make sure you get her on a plane the next day." 

He smiled, ruffling your hair. "No matter what you say, you are a daughter to me. I respect that you can't call me your father. Take care of yourself, kid." 

You watched him go as well and stood there a while until your manager found you. 

"They left, hm?" He sighed. 

You nodded. "Yup." 

"Are you sad?" 

"Kind of. She's happy so I'm happy." You looked at him. "Can we stay until the plane takes off?" 

"Sure." He nodded. 

The two of you went silent and stood by the window until the plane took off. You felt a bit of remorse after it was gone but when you looked towards the direction of your manager, he was gone and Hakyeon was beside you, covered per usual. 

"Huh?" You raised an eyebrow. "How'd you get here? And where'd my manager go?" 

"I stayed, I wanted to make sure you saw your mom off otherwise I was going to scold you." He smiled. "But I heard interesting things instead." 

You blushed bright red. "F-forget about it... I was just making her happy..." 

He gave a huge smile and threw his arms around you, squeezing you into his broad chest. Burying his face into your neck, he spoke softly. "Say what you want but I heard everything." 

"You're a loser." You sighed, closing your eyes. "What about my manager though?" 

"I don't know. He left a while ago. He's probably waiting for you in the car." Hakyeon ran his hands down your back a couple of times before resting them around your lower waist. "Is that something you want to do? Engagement? Your mother is right, you know. Marriage is serious but engagement isn't as serious. Though... I'd prefer that you don't leave me even then." 

"Why don't we just think about it?" You shook your head, pulling away. "I still see engagement as the next step that I can't reach right now. It's not because I'm not confident that I want to stay with you for the rest of my life but... I just feel like both our careers might eventually pull us apart, plus, we're both still young. You never know what happens." 

"I understand. I don't think I'm quite ready for engagement either." He laughed a little. "I just wondered if it was something you were thinking about to say the least." 

"It is." You nodded. "Let's see if we can stay together for a long time before all that though. If we can stay together despite our careers, then let's do it." 

"Deal." He stuck his pinky out. 

You laughed again and wrapped your pinky around his quickly. "Deal!" 

He gave you another cheeky smile and pressed his lips to your forehead, lingering there for a little bit with his arms around you again. 

"Let's see what we can accomplish together in the meantime." He pulled away and mumbled quickly. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Let's get our directors to let us see each other again. It's a big step and it'll keep us busy for a year at least but it'll be major if we get approved." 

"True." You slipped your hand into his. "Let's work on it then. But let's also not get fired." 

"Yes, please, let's not." He squeezed your hand and the two of you began walking to the main lobby of the airport, where you two would split to go separate ways for the time being. 

"Thank god I play video games." You mumbled. 

He broke into another laugh. "Yes, good thing we do." 

You gazed at him with a small smile. "I love you, Hakyeon. A lot. And my goal is to meet your family and let you see them again for a while." 

He bit his lip. "You heard it all, didn't you? With Tae Hee?" 

"Every bit of it." 

He nodded. "Then let's do that, someday." He met your eyes for a brief moment. "I love you too, ____-ah." 

"Do you?" You flushed a little.

"Duh." He stole his hand back and threw his arm around you shoulder, pulling you close to him so that it was a bit difficult to walk. You couldn't stop laughing even despite your inability to walk correctly. "Would I be here right now if I didn't?" 

I hope we're like this for a long time... A long, long time. Marriage and engagement might be too big of a step for now, but it won't stay like that forever. 

And when the time comes, I won't pass it up. Because he's mine and I don't want anyone else to get him. 

I love Hakyeon... I never knew I could love someone as much as I do now. 

I finally have something to live for again. 

Let our love last forever. 

 

Guess what? That's it :) This FF is ending here. But, want some good news? I'm thinking that down the road a bit more, I might create a sequel to it. I have to admit, I'm going to miss writing this ;/ But I felt I needed to end it here so there would be a reason to create another one if I chose to. Thank you so VERY much for reading, enjoying, and subscribing! This FF was a blast and I hope you enjoyed it to the very end! ~PandaBiscuit~

By the way... I will be starting up a BTS fanfiction in the next few weeks. It will not be one where I post every week like this one but it for sure will not be one that takes months to upload. I'll keep it all with one month every 1 to 2 chapters. If you stan BTS and like my writing style, then try checking that one out when it is up :) Thank you again for reading and I really hope you enjoyed this FF to the end :) <3