Signing

To the Moon

"____-ah, where are you? I thought you said we could eat lunch together?" Hakyeon asked through the phone. "I've been waiting here for like an hour..."

"Ah, uhm, can we change those plans? How about dinner?" You hurried out the acting room in the school as not to disturb the class you had been observing. "Hm?" 

"Are you cheating on me?" He whined. "You can't cheat on me!" 

"I'm not, I'm not!" You laughed, leaning against the wall just outside of the room. 

"I guess we can eat dinner then... But where are you? What is keeping you so busy? I wish you were busy when I was busy so that we could be not busy together." 

"Hakyeon, you're making no sense." You laughed again. "Do you want to meet at the sushi bar we ate at last time for dinner? That place was really good." 

"Every time I call you... You're somewhere that you won't tell me where." He sighed. "But, I'll accept it. I trust you."

"Look at you getting all cheesy." 

"Let's meet at the sushi bar then. 6pm?" 

This class started at noon and so it should end in the next half hour or so since she said they were only an hour and a half long. That's more than enough time to look at the other schools before meeting. "Perfect." You agreed. "See you then." 

"Don't be late... Or cancel... Again." He laughed, hanging up first.

You're only doing this for the director... Remember that, ____. You don't actually want to do this. With a shake of your head, you entered the classroom once more and took your seat in the back of the room again. 

The lady you spoke to at the counter yesterday was running this class today so it made you feel a little better that you sort of knew someone, or at least recognized someone. 

You watched how she taught and the reactions of the people recieving the lessons. You had to admit, acting looked like a lot of fun. Maybe not as a career but for sure as a hobby. But I can't just act for a hobby, it's not something you can do like that. But I don't want to even try to make a career out of it. With these types of thoughts, you watched the rest of the class with your interest peeked. 

"So, look like something you'd like to do?" The teacher came over with a big smile as you stood up to greet her. "Like I said, this is my beginner class. None of these people have acted before other than in these lessons. They all have dreams of at least being casted for a few big shows." 

Can someone really do that? Take lessons for a few months or years and then suddenly be capable of things like that? "I'd be lying if I said it didn't interest me." You chuckled. "You see... I've been scouted by a director of a company to be an actress. It was totally random. I've never acted a day in my life! But yet he handed me all these cards and told me to look into them!" You pulled the cards out of your pockets and handed them all to her. "I lost the one he gave me to this place but... If it's not rude to ask, could you help me pick out a place to look next?" 

She looked through the cards. "Hey, just because I teach classes here doesn't mean I'm going to be upset if you don't choose me." 

"I didn't mean it like that..." 

"It's fine, talk more friendly with me." She laughed, stopping at a card. "This school is really, really good at teaching beginners. But they're really expensive. So if you have a big budget, then you should check this place out." 

"Do I look rich?" You shook your head. "What about this place right here?" You pointed to the next card. 

"Hm..." She looked at it a moment before nodding. "This place is known for a lot of idols taking classes here. So in other words, if you were to go here, I'd imagine that it'd be sort of like private lessons and there wouldn't be very many people there when you were learning." 

"Idols?" 

"Mhm, like for example, a few top actors have said to have taken these classes." She hesitated. "I can't think of any names off the top of my head but like singers and top of the line people. Which makes me get the impression that they do private lessons." 

"Oh, I see." You nodded.

"Most of these seem to be companies." She handed them back to you. "Why would a director scout you out but then give you cards to different companies?" 

You shrugged. "Why would a director scout me out anyways? It makes no sense to me." 

"No, no, I see it!" She laughed, pointed at your face. "You're very pretty." 

"Not all pretty people can act." You grew slightly embarrassed. 

"Well, you know." She shrugged as well, leading you out of the classroom and back down the hall to the lobby. "Anyways, I hope your search goes well. It'd be wonderful if you decided to go here but don't let my opinion make up your mind." 

"I see. Thank you for helping me, really." You smiled at her. "I'm not sure I'll follow through with taking any of these classes but if I do, you made a pretty strong impression on me so I'll probably come here." 

"I hope you do as you wish, then." She chuckled, shaking your hand. "I hope to see you around. If you want to observe a higher ranking class sometime, just stop by." 

"Thank you." You bowed your head slightly and then left the school, waving once more at her. 

You pulled out your phone and another card. I'll check out this school real fast and then I'll go to one of these companies. There's no way I'm going to all for something I'm not interested in. You put the address of the school into your map app on your phone, widening your eyes with shock at the address. This is the place where I've had to pick up Hongbin from... There's no way I could go here. I'd get caught. You looked at the card and realized that this card was the one she was assuming was private lessons. Idols go there, hm? It'd make sense. Hongbin does. 

You deleted the address out of your phone and just decided to go to one of the companies on the card. These people are going to think I'm a complete moron. 

But... Here I go. 

--

"Are you Ms. ____?" The person at the front desk asked before I could even say anything. 

"Ah, yes. How'd you know that?" You raised your eyebrow in shock, getting the card out. 

"Our director has been expecting you." He smiled. "You're from Jellyfish Ent. Right?" 

You nodded slowly. "That's me..." 

"Follow me, please." He stepped out from the main desk and led you to the elevator at the back of the lobby, pressing the button for the top floor. 

"May I ask why he's expecting me?" You turned to the man. 

"How would I know that?" He chuckled. "I'm just the guy who follows orders." 

"Ah, true." You nodded again, staying silent until you reached the top floor and followed the man down the hall once more. 

He knocked on the door to where you assumed the director was and went in. "Director... Ms. ____ is here to see you." 

"Ah, finally." The director stood up with a huge smile, waving the lobby guy out. When he did so, the director motioned you to take a seat on the leather chair in the middle of his office. "Ms. ____, how nice to see you in person." 

"Yes." You dipped your head awkwardly as you took a seat in the chair. "May I ask why you were expecting me? It's not like I'm an idol or anything..." 

"Your director from Jellyfish called me a few days ago. He told me about a girl who's ambition won her a job that she didn't even train for." He chuckled as he took a seat in his chair once more. "He knows what kind of person I look for, you see. He's the type of person that only cares about experience. If you've got the experience, you've got a shot. But you seemed to have peeked his interest." 

"So why would he call you?" 

"To send you to me, of course!" He smiled widely again. "You see, I take in people with no experience and I train them to become bigger and better. It's a true fact. Ask any of the idols in here. I'm sure a good majority of them rose the ranks after starting with nothing." 

"Why do you look for people like that?" 

"It allows me to see the true ambition of someone." He sighed. "Let's say I take in someone who has experience or is already an idol but switching companies. I know the talent they have and I know what their image is. But where's the ambition? Do they have any? Are they passionate about something? I would never know because they've already hit the top. I like to see my idols rise from nothing to the top. That's how I do business here." 

"Seems a little... Risky to me, don't you think?" You chuckled nervously. "What if they don't have talent or the ambition you look for?" 

"Then I don't let them renew a contract with me, simple as that." He smiled again. "I'm a nice guy, it's what I'm known for. I don't put my title before others and make them nervous around me. People come in here and take advantage of that. But I can assure you that those people don't last long around here." 

You nodded slowly. "What if I told you... That I have no interest in being an idol? Would you still want to scout me then?" 

He seemed to think. "I can't force you into being an idol. But I do wonder why. Isn't it in everyone that they wish to be someone who is known and respected?" 

"Well, I don't mean it like that." 

"I understand. You don't want to deal with all the people watching you and the pressure and all the scandals. That sort of stuff, right?" 

"Correct." 

"But you've already made yourself known, have you not?" He looked at you, appearing to see right through you. "I see you all over lately. Scandal this, scandal that, you're everywhere when it comes to VIXX. Whether it's with Cha Hakyeon or Kim Wonsik, you've managed to make yourself known without intention." 

You rubbed the back of your neck awkwardly. "But I'm only known for negative things. See, I already have a negative image." 

"So why not turn it around?" He stood up, getting all excited again. This guy is insane. "I can give you a positive image again." 

"But I don't want that..." You sighed. "I just want to live how I've always lived." 

"Hey, come on, give it a shot. If it doesn't work, I'll just keep you around until the contract expiration date comes around. You have nothing to lose." He sat in the chair beside you, folding his arms to his chest. "Listen, you're not going to make it big anytime soon. You have no experience, you have no talent, and you're still unsure. You have absolutely nothing to lose from signing a contract with me for a year at least. Why not just try it? Give yourself a chance to be someone others admire. It's fun, try it." 

You bit your lip. "You're really a convincing guy." 

He laughed. "Am I? Is this a yes?" 

"Can I have a day to think on it? Just a day." You gave in. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little interested in acting. But I don't take back anything I said about being an idol. I don't want it. I doubt I'll sign with you but give me a chance to think on it, hm?" 

"Deal!" He stood up, all excited once more. "Tomorrow at noon, don't be late. I'll be ready for your good answer!” 

Good answer? Why are you so confident? You stood and bowed. "It seems I made the right choice about coming here instead of the other companies I was suggested." You turned to leave but paused and turned back to him. "Do you know if he only called you?" 

"He only called me, I can promise you it." He nodded. "The other companies he offered you probably wouldn't even meet with you." 

"That's true." You laughed nervously, bowed again, and left the room quickly. Why does this feel... Planned? Oh well, I'll take it for a good note and think about it. Sincerely, this time. That guy might've just talked his way into a good answer from me. 

--

"I'm here, ta-da!" You smiled widely as you ran to the back of the bar and over to Hakyeon with his head down on the table. 

"Yah..." He lifted his head, putting on his sunglasses and hood as he did so. "You're like 20 minutes late." 

You frowned, seating yourself a crossed from him. I was looking at the other acting schools. "I got caught up in something, I'm sorry." 

"What is this? You were able to get caught up with something that didn't involve me?" He joked. "What is it? You have so many secrets lately." 

You shook your head, sipping the water the waitress had brought you a moment ago. "Don't worry about it for now. How did your day go? Do you like these breaks?" 

"Of course we do." He sighed. "We have until January to rest before we start getting busy again. I enjoy having a few major things here and there for the time being." 

"Good." You smiled. "Guess what?" 

"What?" He got excited. 

"I want to buy a gift for you." 

He slumped. "I thought you were going to say something else..." 

"What else would I say?" 

"What you've been doing." 

You sighed. "What kind of gift do you want? I want to buy you something. Couples do that, you know." 

"Do they really?" He mocked. "I want the gift of knowlegde." 

"Huh?"

"Knowlegde of what you do that keeps you so busy lately." 

"Hakyeon!" You scowled. "You'll know eventually. Probably." 

"I already ordered, by the way." Hakyeon shrugged. "I know what you like so I just got that." 

"Ayy..." You smiled. 

"Don't do that, that's weird." He tried not to chuckle but he failed. "Anyways, what's my budget?" 

"Nothing outrageous, please." You gave a weak smile. "I have more money than I did when I lived in Suwon but that doesn't mean I'm rich." 

He smiled. "I don't want anything, I'm joking. Just be you." 

"Cheesy, cheesy..." You shook your head. "I'll just get you something then." You glanced at his hand. "Do you use the chain?" 

"Only for performances." 

"Good." You nodded. "That's good.”

Hakyeon looked around. "I feel like I'm being watched." 

"By me?" You joked. "I feel that everywhere I go. We probably are." 

"If any articles get released, I'm taking you down first!" Hakyeon mocked. 

"You go ahead and try." You sipped your water again, watching the entrance of the bar as people passed. You had to do a double take when you saw Tae Hee pass by the door. "Tae Hee-ah?" 

"What?" Hakyeon got surprised when you stood up and ran to the door. 

"Tae Hee-ah!" You called, seeing her turn around in surprise. She slipped her camera into her pocket and waved at you. "What are you doing here?" 

"Me? I was just taking a walk." She pointed to the camera in her pocket. "I wanted to see if I could catch anything worth taking pictures of." 

"Ah, for a second, I thought you were stalking me." You laughed, running up to her. "Aren't you cold? This is the thinnest jacket I've seen in my life!" 

"Yah, I'm not going to be out here long, I got what I needed." She half smirked. "Why do you always eat here? It's so cheap." 

"I've only eaten here twice..." You rubbed the back of your neck. "The food is good." 

"Well, go eat." She nodded towards the bar. "You look more cold than I am and you're the one bundled up." 

"Okay, okay, see you." You stood there and watched her leave. 

She pulled her camera back out and disappeared around a corner. She always has that camera with her... Always. She must like what she does.You started to head back inside but paused again, staring at the ground. She was around me again. How did she know I was here? Photographer? That's becoming a little harder to believe the more I see you around me.

"Don't get yourself worked up over her, Hakyeon's already upset that you cancelled on him before." You mumbled to yourself as you entered and sat back down with Hakyeon. 

"Tae Hee is here?" Hakyeon asked, calmly. 

"No, I thought I saw her." I keep lying to him but what else am I supposed to do? It's not like I can tell him things the director told me not too... 

Your phone rang just as you were about to say something again to Hakyeon. You answered it quickly. "Hello, is this _____?"

"Yes, who is this?" You stood up once more and prepared to go to the restroom to talk incase it was one of the acting places. 

"The director would like to see you." 

"Now?" 

"Yes." 

"Do you happen to know why?" You glanced at Hakyeon, already apologizing to him silently. 

"How could I know?" 

"Right, I'll be there." You hung up, turning to Hakyeon slowly. 

Hakyeon sighed and waved you away. "Go." 

"I'm sorry..." You frowned. "Next time." 

He nodded. "Just go, it's fine." 

You could tell he was upset but there really wasn't anything you could do. You waved and hurried out of the bar, jogging down the street towards the dorms. It'll be easier if I just borrow the car to get there. The boys will still have the van if they need to go somewhere. 

When you eventually got to the dorm, Wonsik happened to be standing out back and noticed you. "Oh, ____-ah, what're you doing here?" He approached you. "I've been wanting to talk to you." 

"I have to go see the director, can we talk later?" You frowned again. 

He stopped you when you tried to pass him though and looked at you. "Why would he want you?" 

You hesitated a little. "How would I know? He just someone call me in." 

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a card, handing it to you. "You dropped this, while skating." 

"Are you sure I was the one that dropped it?" You took it nervously. I'm so bad at keeping things from people. 

"What are you trying to do?" Wonsik asked you. 

"Nothing, I'm not doing anything." You gave him an odd look, putting the card in your pocket. 

"Was this his idea or yours?" 

"What are you talking about?" You were getting frustrated. 

"Acting. You've been busy lately because you're training to be an actress, right?" 

"Actress?" You tried to look surprised. "Sure, this is an acting school card but why would I be an actress? Can't I do something for fun?" 

You brushed past him and got into the car. "Don't listen to him, ____." Wonsik warned you, holding the door open so you could hear him. "Don't sign with anyone. The intentions aren't pure!" 

You rolled your eyes and shut the door. What would he know? How could it not be pure? 

--

"So, are you going to sign with him?" The director set down a cup of water in front of you. "I think he'd be the best option for you if you were to sign with him." 

"Would I still be able to manage VIXX? I doubt I'll kick off right away if I do sign." You sipped the water.

"Well, VIXX is on their break right now so there really isn't much to do as of now." He sighed, sitting on the edge of his chair. "We'll probably need you every now and then when their schedules get busy again but we won't need you full time." 

"But I will get to manage at least a little then?" 

"Yes." He nodded. 

You averted your eyes from his and sighed. "I don't want to be an idol. I don't want to go through all that... But I can't help but want to take up this opportunity." 

"Then do it. Sign with him for a year or something and see if you like it." He smiled. "Most people that sign with companies just want to make music or pursue their passion. And not everyone that signs, becomes an idol. Sure, they'll get recognized here and there for whatever they do but they won't necessarily become huge. I'm sure you understand what I mean." 

"Of course." You nodded as well. "That's the only reason why I'm thinking about it sincerely, other than the fact that observing an acting class had peeked my interest of course." 

"You did? It must've been to your liking." He raised an eyebrow as you handed him the card Wonsik returned to you. "I want to take classes here." 

"You should do it then." He agreed, going over to his desk with the card and pulling out a pen and piece of paper. He scribbled some things down and then came back over to you, handing you the paper and the card. "Here." 

"What is this?" You read the paper. "You're offering to pay for my classes?" 

"Just the first month or so." He laughed at your surprised face. "This way if you don't like it, you can drop out anytime you need without wasting money." He pointed to it in your hands. "It has my signature and my number. Give this to the teacher of your class and if they don't believe you, have them call me." 

You felt a smile come to your lips without meaning it. "Thank you... Really." You glanced at him. "I never thought of being an actress and I still think I won't make it very far, but I'm willing to try. You have this much determination in me... It makes me feel like I really can do it." 

"And even if you don't make it big, you're still an actress in the end." He sat down a crossed from you again. "It's win-win, trust me. I recieved a call from the other director I suggested to you. He's a very honest guy and he's very determined. I believe that's the best place for you." 

"You don't want me here?" You chuckled a little. "Cause I'm bad?" 

"No, not at all." He chuckled as well. "He just looks for people like you and he does very well with them." 

"People like me? Thank you, you make me feel like one of a kind." You joked. 

"You'll do well, kid. You're young and you're new. You'll do just fine." He almost sounded sincere. A director can't be sincere. Or can they? 

"So... I should sign with him, for real, hm?" You looked down again. 

"In the end, it is your decision. But I believe you should at least give it a shot." 

You nodded, bitting your lip a little. "Then I'll do it. I'm seeing him tomorrow at noon to give him my answer." Your heart pounded nervously. "This doesn't feel real at all." 

"Don't sign with anyone. The intentions aren't pure!" 

"Don't listen to him, ____!" 

Why are Wonsik's words threatening me right now? 

"I should get going, you're probably very busy." You smiled, standing after taking the last sip of your water. "Thank you for this opportunity. I'll give it my best and even if I fail, I can still have the pleasure of knowing that I tried." 

"It's better to try and fail than not do it at all and regret it." He waved. "I'll give you call when we need your help with VIXX once more." 

You smiled and left the room, clutching the paper he gave you. Even if his intentions aren't pure like Wonsik says, I still get to try out what it'd be like to be an actress. I'm nervous and excited. 

Oh... I forgot to ask if I could tell Hakyeon now. 

You turned to go back to the room when you saw Hakyeon enter the office. Hakyeon? What's he doing here? 

You waited a little while until he came back out, looking very frustrated. "Hakyeon-ah, what are you doing here?" You asked when he almost left without seeing you. 

He turned and looked at you with surprise. "You're here still?" 

"I saw you going in and I was curious." You smiled. "What's up?" 

He glanced at the door to the director's office and shook his head, grabbing onto your arm and pulling you down the hall and into the elevator. "I'll tell you once we're out of this place." 

"Huh? Why?" You gave him an odd look.

He let go of your arm and straightened his shirt collar with a sigh. "That guy is extremely impossible to deal with sometimes." 

"The director? I think he's an easy person." You mumbled. 

"No way, he must like you or something." He joked. "He should know that you're a very difficult person too." 

"Oh, shut up!" You laughed. "Says the person that tried to push me away when we first met and then ended up begging to see me half the time."

His face got a little red. "I have no memory of this." He cleared his throat awkwardly. 

"Liar." 

The two of you arrived in the lobby and exited quickly. "How'd you get here?" He asked you suddenly as the two of you made the way to the car lot. 

"I took the car..." You admitted. "Was that a bad idea?" 

"No, that's fine." He smiled. "I took the van. Just go straight back to the dorm, I'll follow behind you." 

"Okay." You agreed, getting into the car as he jogged over to the van and got in as well. It's colder than usual today. Snow must be on it's way then. 

--

"So you should tell me now." Hakyeon asked again as the two of you walked through your apartment door. 

"Hakyeon, you've asked like 8 times in the elevator and everytime I told you that I would tell you." You sighed, hanging up your key on the rack and going to the fridge. "Do you want some water?" 

"And everytime you tell me that you'll tell me, you don't!" He exclaimed, getting all hyped up again. 

"Hey, love birds, calm down." Ha Yi yawned as she joined you in the small kitchen. "I'm napping."

"Napping? You're supposed to be at work today until 9pm!" You gasped at her sudden appearance. 

"I got fired." 

"FIRED?" You stopped what you were doing and stared at her, Hakyeon leaving the kitchen as not to get caught up in the spat. "What did you do?" 

"You know..." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Some guy was being a jerk about you and I yelled at him a lot. He happened to be my manager's son." 

"Being a jerk about me?" You gave her a funny look. 

"Yeah, he looked like the guy I saw that Tae Hee with all the time." She sighed. "They must have a thing cause they both talk when you're not around." 

"Expected." You sighed as well. "I talk bad about her all the time." 

"Do you want to help me find a new job tomorrow? You take part of this responsibility since I got fired defending you." She joked. "You don't have to if you don't wanna." 

"As long as it's after noon. I have an important meeting at noon. I'll tell you about it later." 

"Deal!” 

You sipped from the water bottle in the fridge and joined Hakyeon in the living room. "What do you want to watch tonight? It's not even 8pm, it's a new record."

"For what?" He sat closer to you when you sat down. 

"Eh, clingy." You joked. "We're usually watching stuff past midnight because of your schedule but since it's slowed, we're watching stuff in daylight." 

He glanced at you. "____-ah."

You bit your lip, knowing he was going to ask again. "What, Hakyeon?" 

He lowered his head a little. "You should tell me now. Cause I have something to tell you." 

"I knew it!" You smiled. "I knew you had something to tell me." 

"So tell me first." 

"Maybe I don't want too." You crossed your arms and leaned back into the couch. 

"___-ah..." Hakyeon whined, leaning back with you. His eyes were so cute right now. You couldn't explain it but they just were. 

"Your eyes are a little swollen again." You teased. "It makes you look cuter." 

"Yah." He didn't appreciate the teasing. 

"Do you want to know that badly?" You sighed. He nodded quickly. "Then wait until after tomorrow. I don't have to keep any promises after tomorrow, hm?" 

He sighed very obnoxiously and recieved a dirty look from you. "That's literally so far away." 

"Do I care?" 

"I do!" He complained, lying down on his back and putting his legs a crossed your lap. "You're a pain." 

You poked his legs with a dirty look still plastered on your face. "You are too." 

He sat up and flicked your forehead then lied back down. 

"Ow?" You rubbed your forehead and then smiled. "Do this thing with your hair, do it." You moved your hair so that it was over your eyes a bit. "Do it." 

"I trimmed it, it doesn't do that." He tried to pull his hair down over his eyes just a little like you wanted. "It doesn't work." 

"But it's so close..." You fixed your hair. "It's like resting just above your eye. I bet if you wet it, it'll do that." 

"Why do you want me to do that so bad?" He laughed, messing with his hair. 

"I dunno, it's cute." 

"I'm always cute." 

"Pfft." 

"Guys, guys, no." Ha Yi joked, sitting on the other couch. 

"This chick always ruins everything we do, we should kick her out." Hakyeon pointed at Ha Yi. "Get out!" 

She couldn't help but laugh. "You guys aren't kissing so what am I ruining? I only seem to ruin something when you two kiss." 

"Should we kiss? Then?" Hakyeon sat up, his legs still a crossed your lap. 

"Ew, no." Ha Yi snatched the TV remote and switched it on. 

"Yah, look, she stole our source of entertainment." Hakyeon lied back down again. 

"You're doing so many sit ups right now." You mocked. "Everytime you go down and then back up. You're entertaining me with how many times you can do that."

"I can do a lot." He boasted. "Want to see?" 

"No, not really. Everytime you move, it bugs me." You reminded him that his legs were a crossed your lap. 

"Loser." He closed his eyes. "I'm taking a nap." 

"Have fun." You looked to Ha Yi. "Ha Yi-ah, should we go see EXO?" 

"EXO? Yeah!" Ha Yi got excited. "The song Growl is my new favorite." 

Hakyeon sighed obnoxiously again. You gave him an amused look but he had his eyes closed. "We can't like VIXX all the time." You joked. "Figure out when they have a concert in Seoul and we'll get Hakyeon to pay for it." 

"Yah, you're testing me." Hakyeon tried to sound serious but he failed. 

"Take a nap." Ha Yi threw an arm pillow at his face. 

Hakyeon didn't even bother to move it from his face and just gave another loud sigh. "The stuff I put up with to be with you..." 

"Lies, you like it." You laughed. 

Ha Yi switched to one of her favorite shows that bored you to death if you were honest. "I hope they don't end this show. I want another season." Ha Yi sighed. 

"They'll probably end it because it's boring." You mumbled to yourself and leaned your head back against the couch, closing your eyes. 

I wonder what Tae Hee is out doing. After seeing her hanging around the sushi bar again, I find myself curious to what she was actually up to. 

--

"So, your answer?" 

You looked at the director, who would be your new director if you really signed the contract. You bit your lip, feeling more nervous and pressured than ever. Should I really do it? The contract is just for a year to see how ambitious I really am and see how much talent I can acquire before we think about longer contracts. A year isn't too bad... If I hate it or I realize that I'm a horrible actress, it'd be very easy to just end it after the contract and go back to being VIXX's manager. 

You took a deep breath and nodded, mostly for yourself. "Yes, I'll sign it. A year right? I can do that." 

He smiled widely and pushed the contract towards you, dropping a pen on the paper. "Good choice. You'll make it far." 

You nodded again and signed the contract quickly before you decided against it. 

He chuckled. "I'm very happy to bring you aboard."

"I'm happy to have been scouted." You chuckled, nervously. "My previous director offered to pay for a month worth of acting classes. It looks like these classes are every day other than the weekends." 

"He's very generous." 

"Well, what do I do now?" 

"Hand me your phone, I'll give you some numbers you'll need." 

You nodded and handed him your cellphone, watching him put in multiple numbers. 

"There won't be much for you to do in the meantime." He announced when he was finished and gave back your phone. "Just take the classes and come to the company at least once every now and then. I'll announce your official joining of the company tomorrow and I'll start talking you up. But don't worry, we won't schedule anything until your acting is stable enough. You'll probably start with some acting in music videos once you've learned how to act. We'll take this slowly and step by step." 

You smiled. "Okay." If he announces it tomorrow, should I just wait to tell Hakyeon until tomorrow or tell him ahead of time? I wonder... I should probably just tell him before it happens so he doesn't think I was hiding it from him on purpose. 

"We'll also get you a manager." 

"Already?" You widened your eyes. 

"Well, yes. He or she will help you get known throughout other companies and music industries and will help you with your acting if needed. Managers are a must for even the newbies, not just the professionals." He winked. 

"Ah, I see." You nodded slowly. "I'm going to sign up for the classes today."

"Good. Text me the day you start and the time the classes are at so I can inform your new manager when I get you one." 

"Sounds good to me." You smiled again. 

He reached a hand out to you. "I look forward to the future." 

You took his hand. "Me too. Thank you." 

You left the office, feeling somewhat nervous. How could I sign that? I'm so going to die. 

You pulled out your phone and dialed Hakyeon, knowing he was probably still practicing with the boys but you thought you'd try. Surprisingly, he had answered. "____-ah, what's up?"

"Are you busy?" You asked as you made your way down the elevator and out of the company. 

"Not really. I was practicing with the boys for a while and I think we're done now. Why? You want to spend time with me?" He laughed. 

"I want you to take me somewhere. I took a taxi here but I don't want to spend money." 

"Weren't you going to go job searching with Ha Yi?" 

"She hasn't even gotten out of bed yet." You mumbled. "Come pick me up!" 

"Ah, so bossy." You could hear him already making his way to the car from his end. "So where are you?" 

"Mystic89 Entertainment." 

"What? Why are you there?" 

"I'll tell you later. Come get me." 

"Calm down, I'm coming." 

"Thanks!" You hung up and took a seat on the one of the benches out front, burying your hands inside of your coat pockets to keep them warm. 

It was supposed to snow today but from the looks of it, nothing was going to happen for a while. It's so sunny yet so cold. 

You waited for a while before seeing the familiar car pull up alongside the road. You stood and hurried over to the car, getting in quickly and sighing when it was warm. 

"Why were you sitting in the cold? Idiot." Hakyeon took off his scarf and tossed at your red face from the cold before pulling back onto the street. 

You smiled and put the scarf on easily, liking how it was already warm from him wearing it. "So you know the thing that I couldn't tell you for a while?" 

"Yeah? What is it?" 

"I signed with Mystic today." 

"Signed?" He glanced at you quickly before fixing his eyes on the road again. 

"They want me to be an actress. They know I have no talents but they want me for my ambition. And if it doesn't work out, we only signed for a year." 

"With Mystic? Sounds fishy to me." He sighed. "I didn't think you would want to be an idol."

"I don't." You sighed as well. "They convinced me into at least trying out acting though." You handed him the acting school's card. "Can you drop me off there so I can sign up?" 

"Sure." He nodded. "I still think this is all a little fishy."

"Why? Your director mentioned it first." 

"Exactly why it's fishy." 

"Wonsik said something similiar. He found out by mistake what I was doing before I signed with Mystic and told me that the intentions weren't pure." You explained. "But how can they not be pure? Even if they aren't, they can't really hurt me since it wasn't even my idea in the first place. I have no reputation to tarnish and I'm not talented so what harm would it do for me." 

Hakyeon seemed to think. "I don't know." He admitted. "It just seems odd. But why wouldn't you tell us? Or at least me?" 

"Because your director told me not too. He was afraid you guys would talk me out of it." 

Hakyeon tilted his head to the side for a moment. "Strange. This whole thing sounds strange. But you're right, what can they do if it isn't pure? It can't hurt you." 

"Exactly why I ignored Wonsik." You smiled. "I wanted to try so that I wouldn't have any regrets." 

"Good job." Hakyeon smiled at you a moment. 

You seemed to think for a moment. "Is your director against us dating?" 

"I don't think so. He never fired you when he realized what your intent was and he never fired you when the scandals broke out." Hakyeon shrugged.

"I was going to say that maybe he's just trying to get rid of me." You laughed. "But you make good points so that can't be it." 

"Who knows?" Hakyeon sighed once more. "The director called me in after he talked to you yesterday." 

"Is this the thing you wanted to tell me?" 

"Yeah." Hakyeon nodded. "He told me that I should keep my eyes on the goals that I set for myself when I became a part of VIXX. He warned me that if I went astray from what I wanted because of a girl, that VIXX could suffer since I was the leader. If I'm honest, I was pretty upset that he talked to me like that. I'm in charge of my personal life so he shouldn't have interfered." 

"He said that?" You narrowed your eyes. "I wonder if he really does think ill of me." 

"No, he can't. He wouldn't have mentioned this opportunity for you or kept you as manager if he did." Hakyeon pulled into the lot of the small school. "I'll have to ask him sometime to explain better." 

"Good idea." You smiled at him. "Do you want your scarf back?" 

"No, no, no." Hakyeon shook his head. "You have earned that scarf for now." 

At least he's not upset. I don't know why I expected him to be upset over it...

I signed with Mystic but I still feel so heavy with pressure. I wonder how this will turn out for me.

 

 

Thanks for reading and subscribing! Hope you're enjoying! ~PandaBiscuit~