Memories

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Requested by lillypichu

The italicized words are flashbacks :)

Sehun is in the middle of packing his stuffs in the bed room when he comes across an old small wooden box.  He picks up the box from where it is hidden at the very deep end of his drawer. Sehun has forgotten that he kept the box in there. All this time, he thought that he lost it.

Smiling in relieved, Sehun walks toward the bed while holding the box and sits down. He opens the box and his smile widens when he sees the things inside. The box is filled with his childhood photos and some letters from Jongin when Jongin was serving the army.

Sehun picks up the pictures and places the box down on the bed beside him. He takes a look at the pictures one by one and he must agree that he looks adorable when he was young. He stops at one particular picture and he smiles. It is a picture of him and Jongin when they were ten years old. The picture was taken in an amusement park and in the picture, Sehun and Jongin were riding the merry-go-round and both of them had a very wide smile on their face. Jongin’s smile never changes and it’s one of Jongin’s features that Sehun likes the most.

As he stares at the picture in his hand, his mind starts to wander to their first meeting…

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

They met each other when they were both eight years old.

“Hey, can I play with you?” Little Jongin asked shyly as he stood there with his fingers crossed in front of him.

Sehun was just about to slide down the slide and he stopped to look at Jongin. “You want to play with me?” Sehun asked with his slight lisp.

“Yes. I just moved here yesterday and I don’t have friend. Do you want to be my friend?” Jongin looked at Sehun expectantly.

Sehun slid down the slide and walked toward Jongin. “What’s your name?”

“Jongin. Kim Jongin.”

Sehun smiled then and grabbed Jongin’s hand with his. “I am Oh Sehun but you can call me Sehunnie. So are we friends now?” Sehun asked with sparkling eyes. His family also just moved to this area one week ago so he also didn’t have any friends. He was very happy to finally find a friend that wanted to play with him.

“Yes! We are friends!” Jongin beamed happily.

“I like you! You are my bear!” Sehun suddenly said and Jongin’s face fell immediately.

“Bear? I am a bear?” Jongin’s lips quivered as he tried to hold back his tears.

Surprised by Jongin’s reaction, Sehun panicked. “What’s wrong?”

Jongin pulled his hand away from Sehun and glared at him. “I am not a bear! Bear is big and ugly! I am not ugly!” Jongin cried.

Sehun was too surprised to say or do anything so he just stood there as he watched Jongin ran back into his home. He just lost his friend that he just met a few minutes ago.

 

“Mommy, is Sehunnie a bad person for saying Jongin is Sehunnie’s bear?” Sehun asked his mother. It had been almost a week since that incident and Jongin had never come out from his house since then. It made Sehun felt really guilty.

“No, honey. You are not a bad person.” Mrs. Oh smiled at his son.

“But I made Jongin cried.” Sehun pouted sadly.

“Did you explain to him why you called him a bear?”

“No.”

“Then you need to explain to him. He won’t be mad anymore if he knows the reason.” Mrs. Oh said as she caressed Sehun’s hair gently.

“But Jongin never comes out. How can Sehunnie tell him?”

“Mom will bring you there. Come on, let’s go.” Mrs. Oh stood up from the couch and pulled Sehun along with him. Though Sehun was confused, he still followed his mother quietly as they made their way to Jongin’s house which was located just right next to his. His mother pressed the bell and Jongin’s mother opened the door for them.

“Hi, Mrs. Oh. Oh, Sehun is here too. Are you here to see Jongin?” Mrs. Kim greeted warmly. Sehun hid behind his mother and his mother chuckled.

“Sehun wants to apologise for making Jongin cried.” Mrs. Oh explained.

“Ah, I see. Jongin is in his room. Do you want to go and see him?” Mrs. Kim asked. Sehun nodded his head and Mrs. Kim smiled. “That is his room,” she pointed at a room at the right side of the house. “Go.” She smiled as he ushered Sehun toward the room’s direction. Sehun took a timid step and he turned to look at his mother who gave him an encouraging smile. Sehun sighed before he walked toward Jongin’s room and stopped in front of the door.

“Jongin-ah..” Sehun called softly. It didn’t take a minute before the door was opened and Jongin’s eyes widened in surprise when he saw Sehun there.

“What are you doing here?”

“I want to apologise.” Sehun hung his head low before he continued, “I didn’t call you bear because you are ugly. I called you bear because I like you. I really like teddy bear, and because I like you too, I called you bear. Please don’t misunderstand.” Sehun explained.

“Really?”

Sehun lifted his head and stared at Jongin. “Really. Sehunnie is not lying.”

Jongin didn’t say anything but he opened his door more widely and stepped aside. “Do you want to play with me?”

Sehun smiled before he nodded his head eagerly. Sehun stepped into Jongin’s room and Jongin closed the door. “Sehunnie,” called Jongin and Sehun turned around to face him. Jongin smiled shyly before he said, “You can call me bear. I don’t mind.”

“You won’t be angry?”

“I won’t. You said you called me bear because you like me. Then it’s okay.” Jongin grinned.

Sehun mimicked Jongin’s expression before he tackled Jongin for a hug. “You are my bear!”

Jongin laughed as he hugged Sehun back. “I am your bear.”

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Sehun is pulled out of his thoughts when a pair of strong arms that he has grown familiar with embrace him from behind.

“What are you thinking about until you are smiling like that?” Jongin’s breath is warm against the skin of his neck.

Sehun smiles before he shows Jongin the picture he is holding. “Just thinking about our first meeting, and how you cried just because I called you bear. You were such a crybaby.” Sehun teases.

“Hey, I was still a child back then.” Jongin says disapprovingly.

Sehun laughs and rests his head on Jongin’s shoulder. “It’s still funny though.”

“You were also a crybaby. You also cried over the littlest things.” Jongin retorts back.

“Oh yeah? Like what?”

“Like that one day when I fell down from a bicycle and you cried.” Jongin smiled against Sehun’s neck.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Jongin just learned how to ride a bicycle a few days ago and he couldn’t wait to show it off to his friend. He got on his bicycle and rode it to the front of Sehun’s house.

“Sehunnie!” Jongin yelled so Sehun could hear him.It was Sehun’s mother that opened the door and she asked Jongin to wait for a while as she went back into the house to call Sehun. Sehun came out running and he stopped when he saw that Jongin was riding a bicycle.

“You can ride a bicycle?” Sehun asked.

“I learned it last Sunday! My dad taught me. Come on, let’s go!” Jongin exclaimed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter