Together

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: CEO Sekai requested by CuTAEpie

“Let’s break up.”

Kai, who is not expecting that at all, drops the glass he is holding. The sound of the glass breaking is deafening inside Kai’s apartment. He turns his head toward Sehun who is sitting on the couch beside him. Sehun has his head down and he is playing with his fingers, which is a sign that he is nervous.

“What?” Kai finally manages to say something.

Sehun still refuses to look at him as he says it one more time, but softer this time, “Let’s break up.” Sehun’s voice cracks at the end and Kai knows Sehun is holding back his tears.

Kai still doesn’t want to believe his ears. He walks slowly toward Sehun, trying his best to avoid the broken glasses on the floor. Once he reaches Sehun’s place, he kneels in front of his boyfriend. He tries to control his erratic heart beat as he cups Sehun’s jaw to pull his face up so Sehun is looking at him. Sehun’s eyes are red and glassy. His lips are quivering slightly while trying to hold back his sobs.

“Why?” Kai asks.

Sehun lets out a shaky breath before he tries to pull away from Kai, but Kai doesn’t let him. In the end, Sehun gives up but he still avoids Kai’s gaze by staring at the wall behind Kai instead. “We are not going to work, Kai.”

“Why?” Kai presses. He wants to know the real reason why Sehun wants to break up with him.

Sehun sighs heavily. “Kai, our fathers won’t leave us alone if they find out about our relationship. You know it, Kai. Our fathers are rivals. They will try to separate us no matter what.”

This time, it’s Kai’s turn to sigh. He knows what Sehun said is true. Their fathers are the CEO of two largest companies in South Korea. That also means that they are big rivals. They always compete to become the best company in not only Korea, but also the world. His father hates Sehun’s father, so does Sehun’s father.

When Kai fell in love with Sehun and asked him out, Kai knew their relationship won’t be easy. They are hiding their relationship until now, and Kai knows they can’t do that forever.

“Do you really want to break up with me?”

Sehun finally locks gaze with Kai before his eyes start to brim with tears. “You know I love you. I also don’t want to break up with you. But I don’t want my father to hurt you. He has started to get suspicious and I am really scared he will find out soon.”

“Your father can’t hurt me, Sehun.” Kai caresses Sehun’s cheek gently.

“I don’t know what he will do, but it won’t be a good thing. I don’t think your father will just stand there and do nothing. He will also try to separate me from you, right?” Tears finally roll down Sehun’s cheeks and Kai’s heart clenches at the sight of his lover crying.

“I know.. But.. I love you, Sehun. I really don’t want to stay away from you.” Kai’s eyes start to get teary too. Just the thought of not being able to hug and kiss Sehun is enough to make him feels tortured.

“Me too, Kai. But.. Kai… I am scared.” Sehun sobs harder and Kai immediately pulls him into a hug. He lets Sehun cries onto his chest while trying to come up with a solution. He really can’t let go of Sehun because he loves Sehun too much, and he knows Sehun does too.

“I don’t want to leave you,” cries Sehun and Kai just hugs him tighter in respond.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter