Come With Me?

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Requested by LettuceX 

p.s. Please read author's note below^^

“I told you to stop calling me.” Jongin tries to sound as annoyed as possible. It’s not a hard thing to do since he is really annoyed right now.

“I just want to make sure when will you be back.” His manager sounds so desperate and Jongin actually feels good to make him feel like that. He deserves that in Jongin’s opinion.

Jongin sighs as he leans his back against the balcony railings. “Probably next month.”

“Can’t you come back earlier? The fans miss you.”

Jongin wants to snort at that. He knows his fans miss him, but he knows better that his company wants him back because they are losing money from his absence. Jongin is his company’s most popular idol so automatically he is their money maker.

“I think I deserve this one year break. I have worked really hard for five years. Let me rest will you?”

“It has been eleven months. It should be enough, Kai.”

Jongin grips his phone tighter at the mention of the name ‘Kai’. It has been such a long time since he used that name. Well, since he decided to take a break, he has decided to use back his real name. “I am the one who knows whether it’s enough or not.” Jongin spats.

“I know, but-“

“Stop calling me or I won’t ever go back. I am serious.” And he really is. Though being a singer has always been his dream, he doesn’t mind giving it up now. He still can sing and dance. He can open a music school here, in Auckland. He really doesn’t mind at all.

Without giving his manager a chance to respond, he ends the call and walks into the apartment that he rented. He throws his phone on the couch before he plops himself down on it and rests his head on the backrest.

“Jongin, you okay?” Sehun sits down beside him and stares at him with concerned eyes.

Jongin gives Sehun a small smile. “Yeah.”

“Who is the one that called you just now?”

“Just a friend.” Jongin lies. He really doesn’t want to lie to Sehun, but he doesn’t have another choice. Sehun doesn’t know that he is Kai. Sehun doesn’t know that he is a popular idol in Korea.

Sehun is a Korean, but he was born and raised in Auckland. Jongin met him on the second day he arrived here. Sehun happens to be living in the unit next to his. They become close really fast. There’s no specific reason to it, they just clicked with each other. The fact that Sehun doesn’t know who he is makes it easier for Jongin to become himself. He doesn’t need to act cool and mysterious like Kai. He can become the cheerful, shy, awkward, and goofy Jongin. And before Jongin knows it, he finds himself falling in love with the younger guy.

It’s hard not to fall in love with Sehun, really. Sehun is really loveable. There’s seriously no reason for Jongin not to fall in love with him. But it makes things harder for him. He doesn’t know how Sehun will react when he finds out that Jongin has been lying to him all this time. He also doesn’t know how to tell Sehun that he needs to go back to Korea soon. Honestly, Jongin doesn’t want to leave this place. But he needs to come up with a valid reason for his fans to understand his decision and it’s a hard thing to do. He loves his fans, he really does. But he also loves Sehun. Life is always so hard for Jongin.

“You are not listening.” Jongin snaps out from his thoughts when he hears Sehun’s voice. His tone is accusing and Jongin quickly turns to look at Sehun who is pouting beside him.

Jongin chuckles before he flicks Sehun’s nose lightly. “Sorry. What did you say just now?”

“You always looked lost these days. What’s wrong?” Sehun asks in a soft voice.

Jongin keeps silent and avoids Sehun’s gaze on him. “I am fine.”

Sehun scoffs. “You are lying.” It is really amazing how Sehun can understand him really well in that short period of time of them being friends. Sometimes Jongin thinks that Sehun knows him better than he knows himself.

“Sehun, if I tell you, can you promise me that you won’t be mad at me?” Jongin bites his bottom lip nervously.

Sehun observes him for a while before he smiles. “I can never get angry at you. What is it?”

Jongin takes a deep breath before he averts his gaze toward his laps. “You know I am here for vacation right?”

“Yes.”

“You once asked me what my job is..”

“And you never tell me.” Sehun finishes for him. Jongin nods his head at that.

“I..I just don’t know how to tell you. I just.. I came here to escape from the life I have in Korea. I want to forget it for a while. I want to be..free.” Jongin sighs. He feels a warm hand on his shoulder and it calms him down almost instantly.

“It’s okay.. I know.” Sehun’s soft voice makes him looks up at the taller male.

“No, you don’t know.” Jongin frowns. Sehun doesn’t understand what he is talking about. “I-“ Jongin stops when he feels Sehun’s index finger on his lips.

“I know. I know you are Kai in Korea.”

Jongin’s eyes widen and he stares at Sehun in shock. “H-how did you know?”

“Jongin, you are not only popular in Korea. My niece is a big fan of you actually.” Sehun admits.

“But..you.. You acted like you don’t know who I am..” Jongin breathes out.

Sehun’s gaze softens as he rubs Jongin’s cheek gently. “When I first met you, you looked like you were hiding something. You looked cautious, especially after I said that I am a Korean. So I knew at that time, you we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter