To Love and To be Loved

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Requested by bubbleHunHan 

Sehun keeps looking at his phone to make sure that he won’t miss any notification or call from Jongin. But it is already past midnight and Jongin hasn’t called him yet. This is not like Jongin. Jongin will always inform him if he will come home late from work, but today, there’s no news at all from his boyfriend and it’s making Sehun really worried.

Sehun has tried calling him, but he can’t reach his boyfriend. He thinks that he can go crazy if he waits any longer, so he grabs his phone and wallet from the table and dashes toward the door. Just as he is wearing his shoes, the door swings opened and an exhausted Jongin enters their apartment.

Jongin looks confused when he sees that Sehun is in the middle of wearing his shoes. “Are you going out?” Jongin closes the door behind him.

Sehun just stands there and stares at Jongin. He wants to cry in relief because his boyfriend, but he is also upset because Jongin doesn’t look guilty at all. But in the end, he still can’t hold back his tears and Jongin becomes alarmed at that. Jongin drops his bag on the floor and rushes toward Sehun.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Jongin puts his hands on Sehun’s shoulders.

Sehun pushes his hands away before he glares at Jongin with his teary eyes. “What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you?  Can’t you see what time is it now? Can’t you at least text me to say that you will be home late? Do you even know how worried I was? But then you came back, looking like nothing wrong happened!” Sehun raises his voice in frustration. He turns around to walk away from Jongin but Jongin is faster. He hugs Sehun from behind which immediately makes Sehun can’t go anywhere.

Sehun doesn’t fight in Jongin’s hold and lets more of his tears to fall down. All the anxiousness he was feeling earlier finally comes down crashing him and he becomes really tired. He can feel Jongin’s breath on his neck and even though he is still mad at Jongin, it makes him feels a lot better.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for not calling you. I’m sorry for not being considerate of your feelings. I’m really sorry, Sehun-ah. But I have no intention at all to make you worried. I ran out of battery and I forgot to bring my charger. I wanted to call you using the company’s phone, but then my boss came and we had a talk. And it’s not that I don’t feel guilty. I was just confused just now to see that you were getting ready to go out. Please, baby. Don’t be mad please.” Jongin pleads as he tightens his arms around Sehun’s waist.

Sehun sighs before he relaxes in Jongin’s embrace. Well, maybe he was a little bit over-dramatic just now. He should have listened to his boyfriend’s explanation first before getting mad at him. “I was about to go out and look for you just now.” Sehun mutters in a small voice.

Jongin frowns before he turns Sehun around so he can look at him. “Do you know how dangerous it is to go out alone at this time?” 

“Then what should I do? I was too worried I almost went crazy.” Sehun frowns.

Jongin instantly kisses Sehun’s forehead to appease him. “Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I promise I won’t do that anymore.”

Sehun sighs before he wraps his arms around Jongin’s waist and rests his head on Jongin’s shoulder. “I’m sorry too for raising my voice at you.”

Jongin smiles before he pecks Sehun’s temple. “It’s okay. I deserve it anyway.”

“You better keep your promise.” Sehun warns.

“I will, I will. Don’t worry.” Jongin hugs Sehun tighter.

 

 

Jongin does keep his promise. Sehun knows Jongin will. But that’s the problem. Jongin always keeps his promise to tell Sehun if he is going to be home late.

Jongin has always come home late for the past two weeks. His reason is always the same. Work.

But Sehun doesn’t know what makes Jongin so busy with his work. When Sehun asked about it, Jongin always gave him vague answers.

Sometimes, Jongin also worked on the weekends and Sehun almost can’t take it anymore. He feels lonely and he feels that Jongin doesn’t care about him anymore. When Jongin got home, he was always exhausted. After giving Sehun a short peck, he would take a shower then went to bed immediately. Sometimes, Jongin was already gone when he woke up and when he asked Jongin about it, Jongin said it was because he needed to arrive early so he could finish his work faster. They didn’t even have the time to talk and it made Sehun felt really sad.

Because he spent most of his nights alone, he couldn’t help to think that Jongin doesn’t love him anymore. That’s why Jongin always found a reason to stay away from home. Or worse, maybe Jongin has another lover out there.

Sehun hates to think like that. He has no doubt that Jongin loves him. But one can change and he is scared that Jongin’s heart will change. He still loves Jongin a lot and he doesn’t think he can live without Jongin as cliché as it sounds.

Sehun tries his best to push those negative thoughts away. Tomorrow is their fifth anniversary and he already plans a surprise for Jongin. It’s nothing special. He will bake a cake and cook their favorite foods. Hopefully, he can have a talk with Jongin tomorrow and lets Jongin knows his thoughts and feelings. He believes that communication is really important in a relationship. And hopefully, the thoughts he has about Jongin, are wrong. He believes that Jongin won’t hurt him.

 

 

Sehun feels like his heart shattering into pieces when he receives Jongin’s message.

From: Jonginnie

I will come home late tonight. Don’t wait for me and go to sleep first. Love you~

Looks like Jongin doesn’t remember about their anniversary at all and it’s an enough confirmation for Sehun that Jongin really doesn’t care about their relationship anym

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter