It's Never Too Late

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Requested by 94sekai88

Jongin stands awkwardly in the hallway as he watches Sehun wears his shoes and picks up his luggage from the floor. He puts his hands into his pants pocket and leans against the wall.

“I’m going to miss you,” Sehun looks at him with sad eyes.

Jongin just stares back at Sehun with a straight face. “It’s just one week.”

“But still.. I will miss you,” Sehun pouts.

Jongin tries hard to maintain his straight expression and diverts his gaze anywhere else. Jongin doesn’t want to admit it, but when Sehun does something cute like pouting or whining, Jongin always feels butterflies in his stomach.

“Are you going to miss me?” Sehun’s eyes are wide and it is sparkling with hope.

Jongin clears his throat and straightens up. “You need to go now. Don’t make the driver wait too long.” Jongin quickly changes the topic.

Sehun’s lips turn downward and he looks like a very dejected kitten. Stop being so cute, Jongin chants inside his minds as he bites his inner cheek to stop him from squealing.

“Okay,” Sehun takes a step forward and leans in to press a kiss on Jongin’s cheek. It’s not Sehun’s first time kissing his cheek. Sehun always does that, but it still makes Jongin’s heart skips a beat nevertheless. “See you next week, Jongin.” Sehun waves his hand before he turns around and opens the door.

Jongin opens his mouth to say something but then he closes it again. He sighs in frustration when the door finally closes and Sehun is already gone. “Idiot,” Jongin curses himself. He turns his body around and heads toward the living room with slumped shoulders. He throws himself onto the couch and rests his head on the backrest. His eyes catch the big picture on the wall of the living room. It’s his and Sehun’s wedding picture. Sehun is smiling so brightly, and Jongin..well, he has his usual straight face.

Jongin groans and closes his eyes. His relationship with Sehun is complicated. They don’t marry each other because of love. They were forced to marry by their parents one year ago. None of them have the right to say no to their parents. But Jongin knew at that time that Sehun had a crushed on him. Sehun was happy with the marriage, but Jongin was not.

Sehun has been really nice toward him since they got married, but Jongin treats him coldly because he still can’t accept the fact that he is married to someone he doesn’t love. However, his feeling changes few months ago. He realizes that he likes Sehun, or maybe is it love? Jongin is not so sure yet. But he knows he feels something toward his younger husband. Something that he doesn’t want to admit, yet. This is his first time experiencing this kind of feelings, and he feels quite awkward. Plus, he doesn’t really know how he can tell Sehun about his feelings because he has been really cold toward the younger. It’s still a mystery how Sehun can stand him for one year.

Now, Sehun has gone to visit his parents in Jeju for one week. Jongin wants to use this one week to sort out his feelings and thinks about what he should do. He knows he can’t keep acting like a toward Sehun. Sehun will eventually get tired of him and leave him. Jongin doesn’t want that to happen. He really needs to do something before it’s all too late.

 

It feels weird coming home to an empty house after one year having someone to greet you home every day. Jongin takes off his shoes and heads toward the kitchen to drink water.

The house is so quiet. When Sehun is there, the house will be filled with Sehun’s voice and laughter. Sehun likes to talk to Jongin about his day even though Jongin rarely give any responses. Sehun also finds everything funny. Jongin never says it out loud, but Sehun’s laughter is very cute and it’s like music to his ears. Jongin looks at the stove. He smiles when he remembers one moment where Sehun almost burnt the house because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter