Happy Birthday

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Requested by springwinds

“Hyung, do you think he will accept it?” Sehun asks nervously.

Minseok sighs. “How many times have I told you? He will. Don’t worry.”

“But, hyung..”

“Sehun-ah, it’s really obvious that he likes you too. Besides, it is his birthday today. He will be really happy with your surprise. Trust me.” Minseok pats Sehun’s shoulder encouragingly.

Sehun fiddles with his fingers and nods his head meekly. “Okay. Thanks, hyung. I have to go now.” Sehun stands up from the sofa and picks up his present for Jongin.

Minseok also stands up and smiles brightly. “Good luck, Sehun-ah. Don’t worry, everything will turn out well.”

Sehun smiles back. “Thank you, hyung.”

“I will wait for the good news.” Minseok winks playfully.

Sehun chuckles. “Okay.” With that Sehun heads out from his shared apartment with his cousin and makes his way toward Jongin’s house. Sehun stares at the small box in his hand and smiles. Today is Jongin’s birthday and he wants to surprise Jongin. He hasn’t wished Jongin a happy birthday yet. He wants to make Jongin thinks that he forgets about it. Although he is nervous, he can’t hide his excitement to meet Jongin and surprise him. He really hopes everything will work out like he wants it to be.

 

 

Sehun inhales and exhales repeatedly in front of Jongin’s apartment’s door. He has been standing there for five minutes but he still hasn’t had the guts to go in. He doesn’t need to press the bell because Jongin lets him know his house’s passwords. Taking one last deep breath, Sehun punches in the passwords with slightly trembling fingers and he stops breathing when the door is finally unlocked.

“Calm down Sehun. You can do this.” Sehun tells himself before he slowly opens the door and walks inside. He is met with darkness and it makes him frowns. It’s almost noon but the curtains are still closed and no lights are on. Is Jongin not home? Sehun thinks to himself.

Sehun slowly makes his way to Jongin’s room. He contemplates whether to knock or not, but considering that this is a surprise, he doesn’t think he needs to knock. It’s usual for them to go into each other’s rooms anyways. Turning the door knob, Sehun swings the door open and it is also dark in the room. But he can make out the figure sleeping under the comforter on the bed. Sehun tip-toes toward the bed and the closer he gets, he notices that Jongin has his entire body covered with the comforter. Sehun frowns a little because it’s not Jongin’s habit to sleep like that. In fact, Jongin doesn’t really like to use the comforter because he gets hot easily. Sensing something is wrong, Sehun sits down on the bed and reaches his hand out to touch what seems like Jongin’s shoulder.

Jongin flinches at the contact and Sehun quickly retracts his hand away. “Jongin, it’s me.”

Jongin gingerly pulls the comforter away until it shows his face. Sehun gasps when he sees how pale Jongin’s face is and his eyes are red and swollen. “Jongin, what’s wrong?” Sehun instinctively scoots closer to Jongin and pulls Jongin’s head until it is resting on his laps. Jongin hums appreciatively as he nuzzles closer to Sehun’s stomach. Sehun’s hand makes a contact with Jongin’s skin and he gasps again.

“Jongin, you are burning!” Sehun exclaims. All the thoughts of giving Jongin a surprise are gone from Sehun’s mind.

“I am cold.” Jongin’s voice is so hoarse and it makes Sehun grimaces.

“How long have you been like this? Have you taken any medicine?” Sehun bombards Jongin with questions.

Jongin shakes his head no. “I am too dizzy to stand up.”

It makes Sehun grows more worried. “Wait here.” Sehun puts Jongin’s head down on the bed gently before he makes his way to the kitchen. Jongin’s house is like his second home so he knows exactly where things are located. He immediately searches for the medicine box and takes out the medicine for fever. He also brings a glass of warm water and goes back to Jongin’s room.

“Can you sit up for a while?” Sehun puts the glass down on the bed side table.

Jongin sits up slowly and rests his back against the headboard. Sehun hands him the medicine and Jongin puts it into his mouth and swallows it after Sehun gives him the water. Jongin sighs as he closes his eyes while Sehun goes to the bathroom and comes back with hot water and a towel.

“Lie down.” Sehun orders softly. He helps Jongin to lie down on the bed and Sehun sits on the edge of the bed, right beside Jongin.

“It must to be sick on your birthday.” Sehun tries to joke t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter