My Brat

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Requested by NotSoBoazi

“Oh ! !” Jongin curses as he shoves his biology book into his bag and rushes out of the library. He runs as fast as he can toward the café in front of his school. He has a date with Sehun today after school, but he forgets because he is too busy doing his biology assignment. Damn, biology!

Jongin checks his watch as he keeps running and curses again when he realises that he is one hour late. Sehun will kill him for sure. They just started dating one week ago, so he doesn’t really know how an angry Sehun is. As much as he is curious, he doesn’t want to experience it now. Correct that, he will never want to make Sehun upset with him.

Jongin stops in front of the café’s door and tries to regain his breath. He has never run so fast in his life before. He is a dancer, not a runner. Still slightly panting, he enters the café and scans for a blonde hair that belongs to his boyfriend. He almost whimpers when he can’t find it. Sehun has left. Sehun is upset. Jongin is doomed.

Jongin exits the café and takes out his phone from his pocket. There is no message from Sehun and it makes Jongin feel even worse. He dials Sehun’s number and keeps praying for Sehun to pick it up. Jongin sighs in relief when Sehun picks up.

“Sehun-ah, where are you?”

Silence.

Jongin frowns. “Sehun, you there?”

Silence.

“Sehun-ah, I’m so sorry I forgot about our date today. I was busy with my assignments and I lost track of times. Forgive me, please?” Jongin pleads.

“You still remember me.” Ouch, Sehun sounds so cold and Jongin cringes at the tone Sehun used.

“Of course I remember you. You are my boyfriend, how can I forget you?” Jongin tries to sound as sweet as possible.

“Right. I am your boyfriend.” Sehun says flatly.

“Sehun-ah, are you mad?”

“I waited for almost an hour. The students around me laughed at me because they knew I was waiting for you, and they thought that you stood me up. So I have every right to be mad at you.” Sehun sounds really annoyed and upset.

Jongin sighs. Sehun used to be a victim of bully by the students in their school because of his nerdy appearance before Jongin stepped out and helped him. Jongin was Sehun’s first friend and the students around them were not happy at all. Because Jongin is a popular kid so they didn’t understand why Jongin was befriending Sehun. When the news of them dating broke out, the students became even more annoyed at Sehun. They even bet that their relationship won’t last long because Jongin will eventually get bored at Sehun. But Jongin knows he won’t. He loves Sehun so much and he can already picture their future together.

That is why Jongin understands why Sehun is mad right now. Sehun is always sensitive about what people said about him and Jongin knows he is insecure about their relationship.

“Did they hurt you?” Jongin asks instead. Usually he will always stay by Sehun’s side to make sure no one hurts him. But today Sehun needed to meet with one of the teachers to talk about his participation in a math competition and Jongin had to do his assignments. Jongin thought that Sehun will be alright because he will be with the teacher. But because of his recklessness, he left Sehun alone in the café and something bad could happen to Sehun.

There is a beat of silence and Jongin holds his breath as he waits for Sehun’s answer.

“I’m tired. I am going to sleep now.” Sehun ignores his question and he ends the call.

“Sehun, wait-“ Too late, Sehun already hangs up. Jongin knows Sehun was bullied again from the way Sehun ignored his question. Jongin runs toward his car and drives off to Sehun’s home. He needs to make sure that Sehun is alright.

 

“Jongin, what are you doing here?” Sehun’s mother greets him with a bright smile.

Jongin smiles back before he bows politely. “Hi, aunty. Is Sehun home?”

“Yes, he just got back just now. I don’t know what happen to him. He locked himself in his room the moment he comes home.” Sehun’s mother said worriedly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter