Because Of You (Part 3)

Sekai's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though Sehun had agreed to give Kai a chance, he still refuses to date Kai. Kai doesn’t mind because he knows that Sehun will eventually give in. Kai will prove it to Sehun that he already changes.

“Where are we going?” Sehun asks as soon as he enters Kai’s car. Kai has asked him out today and Sehun agreed easily. They might not be dating, but it doesn’t mean Sehun doesn’t like to spend time with Kai.

“To the bubble tea shop I told you before. I know you love bubble tea.” Kai smiles.

Sehun blinks his eyes. “How do you know I like bubble tea?”

Kai smirks. “I have my own way.”

Sehun frowns but he doesn’t ask further. It is not that important anyway. Sooner or later, Kai will eventually finds out about his undying love for bubble tea.

They spend the rest of the ride in silence but it’s not uncomfortable.

 

“Their bubble tea is so nice!” Sehun jumps happily on their way back to Kai’s car. It is probably the best bubble tea he has ever had in Korea, not that he has been to a lot of places. But he already knows that this café is going to be his favorite.

Kai watches with a fond smile on his face. “Hey, let’s go for a walk. There’s a small park nearby.” Kai suggests.

“Okay.” Sehun smiles. He is in a very good mood right now, thanks to the bubble tea.

Suddenly Kai grabs his hand to intertwine their fingers together. “What are you doing?” Sehun stares at their interlocked fingers.

“Holding your hand obviously.” Kai rolls his eyes.

Sehun huffs. “I know. But why? We are not dating.” But Sehun doesn’t make a move to pull his hand away.

Kai smirks. “Yet.”

Sehun scoffs but doesn’t say anything to retort back so Kai takes it as a good sign. Sehun relents easily and lets Kai holds his hand. Kai grins in satisfaction as they walk together to the park.

“You seem to know this area very well.” Sehun breaks the silence.

“I live in this area.”

“Oh, I see.”

They fall into a silence again. Kai gives Sehun’s hand a squeeze once in a while and Sehun is trying hard to hold back his smile.

“Why did you move here from Japan?” Kai asks.

Sehun kicks the small stone in front of his feet. “My father is expanding his business here. I don’t want to move actually. It’s really hard for me to adapt to a new environment.” Sehun recalls the time when he had strongly refused to move, but his parents forced him so he didn’t have other choices.

“But it’s good that you move though.” Kai replies.

Sehun turns his head toward Kai. “Why?”

Kai also looks at Sehun and smiles. “Because I got to meet you.”

Sehun gapes and hits Kai’s arm playfully. “God, I don’t know you’re such a cheesy person.”

Kai laughs. “But you like it.”

Sehun scowls. “No, I don’t.”

“Yes you are. Your face is as red as a tomato right now.” Kai teases.

“Because you’re embarrassing me.” Sehun retorts back.

Kai pulls his hand away and wraps it around Sehun’s shoulder instead to pull him closer. “Don’t lie, Sehun.” Kai smirks but it doesn’t stay long because his mouth falls apart when Sehun suddenly wraps his arm around Kai’s waist like it’s the most natural thing. Kai stops walking out of surprise and Sehun stares at him confusedly.

“Why did you stop walking?”

Kai lowers his gaze to the arm around his waist. Sehun follows Kai’s gaze and lets out a soft ‘oh’. He has done it unconsciously and now that he realises it, Sehun becomes flustered. “I-I.. This..” Sehun tries to explain himself but his words don’t come out.

Kai grins before he pecks Sehun’s cheek. “Leave it there.”

Sehun thinks about it for a while. They are not dating but their body languages seem to prove otherwise. However, Sehun doesn’t feel uncomfortable at all. It just feels right having Kai’s arm around him and his around Kai. It shouldn’t be a big problem. Friends can also have skinships, so why can’t they?

Sehun stares at his feet before inhaling deeply. “Okay.” Sehun’s voice is so quiet but Kai hears it nonetheless. Kai beams widely before tightening his arm around Sehun’s body and continue their walk.

They walk pass an alley and suddenly there’s someone who pulls Sehun’s hand. Sehun falls to the ground because of the sudden move. Kai gasps in surprise and he glares at the person who hurt Sehun.

“What do you think you are doing?” Kai grits his teeth. Sehun stays on the ground with wide eyes. The man who pulled him just now looks very unhappy.

“Kai..” Sehun whimpers softly when he spots three other guys coming out from the alley.

Kai looks at Sehun and he can see the fear in Sehun’s eyes. Kai’s protective side appears and he will do anything to protect Sehun.

“Is that your boyfriend? He is really cute. Can I play with him for a while?” The man smirks.

Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter