First Dates p.2

Fall For You

Mingyu managed to make it seem like Wonwoo asking him out on a date wasn't a big deal but it actually was. This was the first proper date he had went on in a while after all since the blind dates his friends had set him up with definitely didn't count and he was feeling both nervousness and excitement. It felt weird that this was their first real date after everything had happened and it seemed a little backwards but Mingyu didn't mind.

 

What he did mind though was how Wonwoo wasn't giving him any clues to what they'll be doing. Mingyu had tried asking the older again and again only to receive the same answer. Wonwoo was definitely good at hiding things; maybe Mingyu should have interrogated Jun more before they left.

 

"The mall?" Mingyu asked when Wonwoo pulled him towards the building. Maybe they'll watch a movie or something.

Wonwoo nodded. "Yes, Mingyu, this is called a mall." He laughed when the younger punched his shoulder, leading him inside.

"If I ask what we'll be doing here, are you still going to say it's a secret?"

"Nope." Wonwoo smirked when Mingyu's eyes lit up. "I'll say this is where we'll have one of our dates."

"Smart ." Mingyu frowned, trying to remember what the mall had in the direction they were going to. The movie theater was in the other side of the mall so that was a no. "How many dates will we be going on anyway?"

"Right now, we're going on date number three." Wonwoo answered. "Date number two was really short but you said you loved it so I guess that's fine."

"Date three? When did we go out on the other two times?" Mingyu furrowed his brows. "You know, you make no sense at all. Do you even know how to count?"

Wonwoo made an offended sound. "I assure you I know how to count. This is date three cause date one was at Shining Diamond and date two was this morning."

"We went out last night?" Mingyu asked confusedly. "What do you mean? I distinctly remember working. Ugh, this is like I got so drunk that I couldn't remember anything but that's never happened to me before!"

"Are you sure? I might have to ask Soonyoung about that." Wonwoo chuckled. "Don't tell me you didn't notice what I was wearing last night?"

"I don't know if I like your budding friendship with Soonyoung hyung." Mingyu mumbled, trying to avoid having to answer the question. Of course he remembered what Wonwoo was wearing; he practically dreamt and fanatasized about it.

Wonwoo nudged him. "You're ignoring my question again. And of course you like my budding friendship with Soonyoung just like how I'm happy that you're getting along with Jun so well."

Mingyu had to grin at that.  "Yeah, okay, I do like it." He raised an eyebrow.  "Seriously, where are we going? What the heck does this mall have at this area? The lame clothes store was already closed or something."

"You're really not answering my question. Fine, whatever." Wonwoo sighed, looking around instead of Mingyu.

"Ugh, fine. Of course, I noticed what you were wearing last night. Jihoon hyung did too." Mingyu answered, blush high on his cheeks. "Why did you wear that? You were so oblivious to all the lustful stares the other customers were giving you. I was sort of judging you."

"You're not supposed to judge me, idiot." Wonwoo chuckled, a pleased smile on his face. "Jihoon did say something about people staring but I didn't care." He flashed a smirk at Mingyu and the younger just knew he was going to say something embarrassing. "I was more interested with you and your reactions."

Mingyu blushed even more. "Yeah, well I'm only human. How was I supposed to react to you looking like that?" He huffed out in embarrassment.

"It's a good thing, babe. That means my efforts in dressing up worked."

"Why did you have to dress up? It's not like it's your first time going there."

Wonwoo looked at him shyly. "Well, I wanted to. You know, uh, impress you." He cleared his throat. "That's what dates are supposed to do according to Seokmin."

 

Mingyu gave a small nod, goofy grin back in place as he gave the older's hand a gentle squeeze. Wonwoo kept switching from this hot and y guy to this adorable ball of cuteness that Mingyu was sure he was going to get a whiplash soon. Mingyu thought about it before mentally shrugging; both sides of Wonwoo was his so what was there to complain about?

 

"Did it work?" Wonwoo asked as they entered the bowling alley that Mingyu didn't even know existed at the mall.

"There's a bowling alley here?! How did I just find out?" Mingyu exclaimed, turning to Wonwoo before the other could say he wasn't answering again. "It worked really well, Wonwoo. You heard Jihoon hyung last night."

"Hansol was the one who found it actually." Wonwoo said as they went to find bowling shoes. "And, thanks. I wanted you to be the one to say it though." He added with a pout.

Mingyu nodded a bit, giving the girl his shoe size. "It feels wrong to say it now when you're being cute though."

The girl giggled, probably agreeing with Mingyu and he made a face as she went to retrieve their shoes which made Wonwoo laugh. "I'm sort of starting to like the jealous look on you."

The younger stuck his tongue out. "Shut up. I'm not jealous please."

"Whatever you say, babe." Wonwoo said with a wink. Mingyu was torn between wanting to slap or kiss that smug look off the other's face.

 

Before Mingyu could decide, the girl was back with their shoes. They quickly swapped the ones they were wearing with the bowling shoes, Mingyu making sure to take Wonwoo's and be the one to hand them over. He may or may not have sneaked in a kiss to Wonwoo's cheek when the girl kept staring at his boyfriend.

 

It was a free country and he could damn well kiss his boyfriend when he wanted.

 

Wonwoo was looking a bit too pleased and smug though so Mingyu smiled too sweetly  at the guy selling snacks. The older rolled his eyes but pulled Mingyu closer to his side so the younger counted it as a win.

 

"Are you any good at this?" Mingyu asked as he sat down.

Wonwoo grinned. "Maybe."

" You are. That smug smile says so."

The older chuckled. "I wouldn't bring you to somewhere I'd embarrass myself in now, would I?"

"That's... yeah, okay." Mingyu rolled his eyes at himself. That made sense.

 

Wonwoo let the younger go first, cheering loudly as Mingyu bowled. As expected, the ball didn't hit any pins. He managed to hit one on the second try. It was honestly embarrassing but oddly enough, he didn't mind. Wonwoo patted his head for the effort of trying before going his turn. The older hit a perfect strike, of course.

 

It wasn't like Wonwoo wasn't already perfect enough in Mingyu's eyes. He had to be good at that one thing the younger at big time. Yeah, why not?

 

"This first set is pretty much how the whole game is going to be." Mingyu said as Wonwoo sat down beside him.

"Want me to teach you?" Wonwoo asked. "Even your starting position is already wrong."

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "Fine,  teach me, oh great one."

 

Wonwoo smirked as he stood up, pulling the younger on his feet as well. Mingyu let himself get pulled, doubting he'll actually learn anything. That theory was further proven when Wonwoo stood behind him, saying something about his stance but all Mingyu could think of the hands warm and solid on his waist.

 

"Got it?" Wonwoo whispered in his ear and Mingyu could tell that the other was smirking.

Well, two could play that game. Mingyu smirked back, leaning closer to Wonwoo as he made his voice deeper. "No, I don't think so. I think I need practice with an actual ball."

"I could do that." Wonwoo bit the shell of his ear before pulling away and grabbing one ball. He handed it to Mingyu then went back to his original teaching position. "Now, what did I tell you to do?"

"I.. uh, don't know." Mingyu admitted, mind spinning even more now that Wonwoo was staring intensely.

Wonwoo chuckled, placing one of his hands on top of Mingyu's while demonstrating the proper swing. His other hand stayed at the dip of the younger's waist and while Mingyu was really trying to concentrate, the thumb drawing circles on his hip bone was really distracting too. When Wonwoo told him to throw the ball, Mingyu somehow managed to actually hit seven pins. The younger's eyes widened before throwing himself at Wonwoo who was smiling at him proudly.

 

"I hit them!" Mingyu exclaimed. He should have taken a picture of it. His hyungs would never believe this.

Wonwoo chuckled. "Yeah, you did, babe. Good job."

 

Somehow the compliment made Mingyu play better. The two of them continued bowling and even though the younger still lost by a landslide at the end, it was a lot of fun and Mingyu made Wonwoo promise to take him there again. They stayed at the benches, just talking or simply enjoying each other's presence until the next people showed up for their turn.

 

"How was date three?" Wonwoo asked after they got their shoes back.

Mingyu beamed at him. "I actually played and hit the pins so it went amazing!" He tilted his head a bit. "Is there anything you can't do? I mean you're great at bowling, knows hapkido and you also know how to play a guitar! Wow, I think I actually found someone perfect."

 

Mingyu had said it without actually pausing to think about them. His face flushed as he realized though, shifting his gaze around as they walked. He mentally hit himself; he should really invest in a mouth filter. Then again, everything he had said was true and he was just telling Wonwoo that. No need to be shy about it really.

 

Now he just needed to repeat that to himself until his blush died down.

 

"I..I'm not perfect, Mingyu. No one is." Wonwoo answered after a while. The younger glanced at him and saw that the other was blushing like he was.

Mingyu didn't know what came over him as he grabbed the other's hand. "Well, you're perfect for me and as your boyfriend, you should listen to me."

Wonwoo bit his lip, nodding slightly but the blush was still there. "As you wish, my love."

Mingyu giggled before clamping a hand on his mouth. "You didn't hear that!" He exclaimed. Why did he have to be so embarrassing around Wonwoo?

"Again, as you wish, my love." Wonwoo said with a sly smile.

 

They took a bus from the mall and Mingyu stopped trying to ask where they were going. He actually liked the element of surprise their dates have. He had to cover his mouth as he leaned against the window to hide his smile. This was the kind of thing he usually hated on dates when he went out before. Mingyu didn't usually agree on going on dates when he didn't know where they were going; he might end up getting kidnapped after all. There was also that controlling side of him too.

 

Mingyu glanced at Wonwoo who was leaning on his shoulder, trying not to sleep. He nudged Wonwoo's head with his, closing his eyes to tell the older to go to sleep. Wonwoo looked at him before shaking his head stubbornly. It was something that would usually annoy Mingyu especially since it was obvious how tired the older was but the younger found himself more worried than anything else.

 

Wonwoo was really a different kind of boyfriend. And as Mingyu covered the older's eyes, making Wonwoo whine, Mingyu found that he actually loved it.

--

Mingyu expected something odd again for their next date. It wasn't that the mall was a really odd place but he didn't know the bowling alley existed there so it sort of counted. Wonwoo had explained their second date was over coffee and yeah, it sort of was. The younger wondered if they should count it as breakfast date as well since they both ate pancakes though at an odd time. He was going to suggest it when he remembered that Jun had said to keep it a secret. Mingyu coudn't help but grin as he remembered what Jun had said earlier. He made a mental note to thank Jun and the others afterwards.

 

Their dates were actually common date ideas but added with a twist. Which was why he was extremely caught off guard when Wonwoo said they'll be going to the carnival.

 

Mingyu actually loved carnivals; they were so fun and he really enjoyed the carefree feeling he got just by being there. He was a bit nervous now that they were here though. What kind of twist could be done in a carnival? He frowned as he thought of the possibilities; they all seemed dangerous.

 

"Why the frown? Don't you like carnivals?" Wonwoo asked after seeing the younger's expression.

"I do, I do." Mingyu assured him. "I'm just wondering what we're going to be doing."

"What would you like to do?" The older chuckled. "What is there to do in a carnival but have fun!"

"Just that?" Mingyu asked just to make sure.

Wonwoo smirked. "What else would you like us to do, baby?" He pulled the younger closer, hands on his hips again.

Mingyu blushed, arms somehow making their way on Wonwoo's shoulders. "I, uh.. what?"

"Is there anything my boyfriend wants? Anything at all." The older said, raising an eyebrow.

 

Mingyu almost answered that he wanted Wonwoo to kiss him when he heard the screams from the nearby roller coaster and he jumped back. They were at a public place with lots of kids and Mingyu wanted to kiss -or make out, he was flexible about his request- Wonwoo. The older was still looking at him expectantly and Mingyu almost wanted to throw caution at the wind and go with his request.

 

Almost.

 

" I want cotton candy." Mingyu said simply.

Wonwoo laughed. "Just cotton candy?"

"For now." The younger nodded. "We can have hotdogs and other snacks later but I want cotton candy first."

"Cotton candy it is." Wonwoo shrugged before pulling Mingyu along.

 

Apparently, cotton candy was hard to find in that carnival. There were a lot of different food stalls but Wonwoo insisted that they find it. They did find it eventually all the way on the other side of the carnival. Mingyu was pretty much tired by that point but when Wonwoo had grinned at him, he found himself smiling back.

 

"Told you we'd find it." Wonwoo said as he paid for the cotton candy.

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "All the way here. Good job."

"So you don't want it anymore?" The older pouted.

Mingyu averted his eyes, biting his inner cheek. He would not give in.

Wonwoo took a piece of cotton candy, poking the younger's mouth with it. "Come on. Don't you even want to try it?"

The younger let out a snort, pointedly looking at the other direction. "No."

"We walked all the way here and you won't even try it." Wonwoo smiled. "Do you want me to feed it to you?"

Mingyu immediately grinned. "Yeah, okay."

"You are such a child." Wonwoo exclaimed as he poked Mingyu's mouth. "Say ah."

"Ah~" Mingyu happily opened his mouth, humming at the cotton candy's taste. "I like this cotton candy. It's not too sweet."

Wonwoo took another piece, eating it before feeding Mingyu another one. "You don't like sweet things?"

"I do but I don't want too much of it." The younger answered. "I lose my appetite quickly if it's too sweet."

The older nodded a bit as he continued to feed Mingyu. He seemed thoughtful when he spoke. "Does that apply in people too? You don't like people who are too sweet?"

Mingyu paused and thought about it. "I don't really know? I guess I'm okay with it. I put up with my hyungs couply moments after all. Jisoo and Junghan hyung's are always cavity inducing."

"What about Jihoon and Soonyoung?" Wonwoo asked. "Do they still seem complicated to you?"

"I guess so. It's not like they'll change that fast." Mingyu grinned. "They sort things out though. They went to Jihoon hyung's place and came back more at ease."

"I'm happy for them." The older chuckled as Mingyu opened his mouth again. "Are you really not going to eat by yourself?"

"I have you to feed me so probably not."

"Cheeky bastard." Wonwoo pinched Mingyu's cheek before feeding him. "Tell me if I'm getting too sweet though. I don't want you to not..er, like me anymore or something."

 

Mingyu swallowed thickly, eyebrows raising at what the older had said. Was that why Wonwoo had asked if it applied to people too? The older was staring back at him but Mingyu could see the hint of nervousness in his eyes. It was like he actually believed that the younger could stop liking him.

 

Mingyu tore off a piece of cotton candy, poking Wonwoo's mouth like what the older did earlier. "You say that like it's actually possible for me to do that."

Wonwoo hesitantly opened his mouth, eating the piece of candy. He was smiling as he looked back at Mingyu. "Is that so?"

"Mhm, don't get smug, Jeon. It's not like you're that sweet anyway." Mingyu muttered, feeding Wonwoo another piece. "You can be mean and you tease me a lot too."

The older chuckled as he nodded. "Yeah, I do. Want me to make an effort to be sweeter?"

 

Mingyu froze slightly, cheeks heating up as his mind came up with different images of the older being sweet to him. He knew that he would definitely not be put off by it. Heck, Mingyu would probably get a heart attack or his face would overheat.

 

"N-no, just stay the way you are." Mingyu answered a few seconds later.

"Just the way I am?" Wonwoo asked, eyes softening again. The younger didn't even know how Wonwoo's eyes could look at him like that then stare at him intensely the next.

Mingyu nodded, looking at the bag of cotton candy. There was only a small clump left. "You can have it. I ate majority of it anyway."

 

Wonwoo eyed the remaining cotton candy before smirking at Mingyu. Before the younger could ask what he was up to, Wonwoo had bitten half of the cotton candy, eyebrow raised at Mingyu. Was he..? The older nudged Mingyu, eyes falling on the other half before going back to the younger's. Mingyu got the message and with his face red, he bent down and bit the other half as well. The two of them pulled back at the same time, cheeks both pink like the cotton candy they had eaten.

 

"I think the last piece was the sweetest, don't you think so?" Wonwoo commented, grinning when Mingyu tried to stutter out a response. "I'll take that as a yes. So, rides or booths?"

"I wanted to eat more though." Mingyu replied, eyes already fleeting around for the closest food stall.

The older made a face.  "We didn't come here just to eat, baby. I promise we'll eat again later but let's do something else for now."

Mingyu wanted to argue but Wonwoo did have a point. Plus, there was that promise of food later so it was fine; he could wait for a while. "Alright! To the best ride then!"

"What? Which is the best ride?"

"The roller coaster, of course!"

 

Mingyu might just be imagining it but Wonwoo was taking a terribly long time as they headed to the roller coaster. He was tempted to tease the older about it and he would have if it weren't for the disgruntled looks Wonwoo would give the ride. It was as if the roller coaster did something to majorly offend the older and Mingyu wondered if Wonwoo was just scared.

 

"You okay with this ride?" Mingyu asked as they got in line. The line was relatively fast so if they were going to bail, they better do it now.

Wonwoo nodded but the disgruntled look remained on his face. "I'm okay with it. I just have not so good memories with it."

"Why? What happened?" The younger asked curiously.

 

As Wonwoo was about to answer, the ride started, the wind blowing their hair back. The two of them followed the movement of the ride, head moving along the loops and drops. The older frowned at that moment though especially when the screams got really loud.

 

"That's what I don't like about them." Wonwoo said, leaning closer so Mingyu could hear him. "You would not believe how loud Seungcheol can scream."

The younger couldn't help but snort as he imagined it. "I really can't." He smiled playfully. "I actually thought you were scared of the ride."

Wonwoo rolled his eyes before grabbing onto Mingyu's arm. "I'm so scared, Mingyu. Hold me!" He said dramatically.

Mingyu nodded seriously, patting the hand on his arm. "There, there. Don't worry. Oppa's here."

 

The older scoffed, hitting Mingyu's arm with his free hand. They were next in line and they quickly got on when they were allowed to. Wonwoo seemed to really enjoy the ride if the wide grin on his face was any sign and Mingyu felt glad that he chose the right one for them. He was even happier that even though Wonwoo wasn't scared of the coaster at all, their hands stayed interlocked tightly throughout.

 

The two of them began enjoying the carnival fully after that. They tried out all the rides that they could see. Mingyu loved the Vikings the best because a.) The ride was huge and it seemed like a real ship, b.) It felt like they were going to fall for real and c.) Wonwoo looked like he was about to faint and he had clung to Mingyu tightly before, during and after the ride. Mingyu almost felt bad for liking Wonwoo's weak state like that but Wonwoo was constantly pouting for a while after that and really, how could he not like that?

 

Fate decided to give him karma pretty soon afterwards anyway. Mingyu swore that he would never ever ride the Spinning Cups attraction again after that day. He was glad that they had only eaten cotton candy otherwise he would have thrown up everything when the ride ended. Wonwoo was rubbing his back as he looked out at the horizon, still trying to get his bearings. After a few minutes of just sitting there, Wonwoo started singing under his breath and that seemed to soothe Mingyu better.

 

They took a break from rides after that and started trying out all the booths. Mingyu was finding it really adorable how Wonwoo seemed so excited at all the games. Eventually, they ended up the ring toss game where Mingyu won a cat/bunny-they couldn't decide-stuffed toy which he of course gave to the older. It was a little cliché for Mingyu's taste but the way the older's face lit up, he was willing to accept it this once.

 

"I'm going to name it Minwoo!" Wonwoo grinned, patting the cat/bunny thing.

"Minwoo?" Wasn't that a guy's name? Mingyu frowned; why would the older name something he had given to him with another guy's name? The cat/bunny thing should be called Mingyu Jr. or something like that.

Wonwoo nodded. "Mingyu plus Wonwoo. Minwoo."

"Oh." Mingyu mumbled, the warm feeling spreading through him again. He gently patted Minwoo's head. "Hi, Minwoo."

"Did you think it meant something else? You were frowning earlier." Wonwoo asked cheekily.

The younger stuck his tongue out. "Shut up. Anyway, is now later? I'm getting hungry."

 

Wonwoo laughed, hugging Minwoo to his chest as they bought some food. Mingyu couldn't help but stare and smile happily as he saw how cute Wonwoo was with the stuffed toy. After pleading and one failed attempt of aegyo, Wonwoo had agreed to let his picture be taken with Minwoo on the younger's phone. Mingyu immediately set the picture as his wallpaper despite the other's protest.

 

"I want your cute face to be the thing I see when I use my phone so what's wrong with it?" Mingyu chuckled. "Stop pouting; it makes you look cuter."

"Ugh, fine, whatever." Wonwoo sighed, bumping his head on the younger's shoulder. "I think we have time for one last ride before we need to get back."

 

Mingyu's face fell slightly; he forgot that he had to work that night. He squinted at the horizon, noting how the sun was almost going to set. Time really did fly when you're having fun.

 

"Where do you want to go?" Mingyu asked. "I've been pretty much deciding all our rides."

Wonwoo nodded, burying his face in the stuffed toy's head for a bit before he answered. "I want to go on the ferris wheel."

"Ferris wheel?" Mingyu repeated, turning his head to look at it. "Well, it does look like it will have a great view on the top."

Wonwoo blushed for some reason before he tugged on Mingyu's hand. "Yeah, lovely view. Let's go."

 

Mingyu didn't know why the older was blushing. He didn't even say anything romantic or something. He just shrugged it off when Wonwoo was back to being adorable as they got in line. It might just have been a trick of the light or his imagination.

 

"This ride is bigger than I originally thought." Mingyu commented as they got in their cart.

Wonwoo chuckled. "I haven't seen a small ferris wheel anyway. But yeah this one is pretty big especially for a carnival."

"How did you know there was a carnival here?"

"Seokmin and Seungkwan got lost, walked around then they found the carnival. They had a great time so I thought why not?" Wonwoo shrugged, putting Minwoo beside him, shifting closer to Mingyu. "How do you like the dates?"

Mingyu put his arm around the older, leaning his head against Wonwoo's. "I actually thought I wouldn't like them. The first two dates shouldn't really count as a date cause we were working but we were together so I guess that's acceptable enough." He closed his eyes, images of what had happened today playing behind his eyelids. A smile crept to his face and he could imagine Wonwoo smiling as well. "But in the end, it was perfect. I love all the things we did." He whispered gently.

 

Mingyu waited for the other to say something and when he got no response, he opened his eyes to see Wonwoo smiling fondly at him, eyes shining. Mingyu felt his breath hitch, his heart started pounding and he was sure the older could feel it as well. Wonwoo's hand slowly went to Mingyu's neck, idly playing with the hair by his nape as his eyes turned smouldering.

 

"What do you want, Mingyu?" Wonwoo whispered.

Mingyu swallowed, eyes already fleeting between the other's eyes and lips. "I... I want you to kiss me."

The older smirked, sitting up straighter as he whispered huskily. "As you wish, my love."

 

Mingyu could feel his heart racing even more as Wonwoo leaned closer, closer and closer. The moment their lips touched, a small sigh of contentment escaped Mingyu's lips. Their lips were hesitant, just small teasing touches until Wonwoo nipped on the younger's lower lip, making Mingyu mewl softly. The kiss got more fervor after that, lips moving smoothly against each other. Mingyu's brain stopped as Wonwoo his lip, his mouth opening quickly to let the other in.

 

Mingyu didn't get to see the view on the top of the Ferris wheel but as he looked at Wonwoo, hair disheveled from Mingyu's fingers, cheeks adorably pink and lips very red and very swollen, he decided that this view was infinitely more beautiful.

 

A.N: Double update because I am posting soooo late and honestly these chapters were interrelated. :D

 

they kissed hahaha >///< i was spazzing while i was imagining it and had to retype it again and again because keyboard smashing is bad for stories. haha

 

Sadly I still have no internet hence the slow updates. I am honestly at the point of crying because internet is life. I'll be starting school on Monday too so ughhh. 

 

Your comments are soooo great and sweet and make me smile. :D  Let me know what you think about these two as well???

 

thanks again for subscribing <3 love you guys x