Realizing the Problem

Fall For You

Mingyu wondered how he hadn't noticed Doyoon moving in. He was probably in class during the move but that didn't explain how he didn't even hear about it. It didn't matter anyway. It seemed like Doyoon was everywhere the next couple of days. When Mingyu was headed to class, the older would be there as well and the two of them would head to campus together. Sometimes Doyoon would convince him to skip his first class and the two of them would grab breakfast somewhere. When Doyoon had suggested Jam Jam, Mingyu had quickly pulled him another direction. Mingyu didn't know how to explain Doyoon to Wonwoo just yet and he figured that since they weren't doing anything bad, he had nothing to be guilty about. 

 

The guilt stayed the same and Mingyu hated feeling this way. 

 

From: Soonyoung hyung

 Hey can I come over?

I need to borrow your notes

 

Mingyu had just finished reading the message when he heard a knock on the door. He quickly opened it to find Doyoon waving a plastic bag of chips in his face. The older made his way inside and plopped down on the couch.

 

"You said you ate everything so I bought a variety! Let's watch The Avengers again!" Doyoon exclaimed as he brought out the contents of the plastic.

Mingyu looked at all the food. "You look like you robbed the convenience store. And The Avengers? This is like the third time we watched it already."

"But Hawk Eye is really great there and I know you're a er for how nice Thor is to Loki despite everything." Doyoon answered, grinning happily.

"Fine." Mingyu sighed, knowing how stubborn the other was. "I'll get us some drinks."

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes when Doyoon gave a cheer of victory before making his way to the kitchen. As he made their drinks, the guilt that Mingyu was feeling intensified. He hadn't even talked to Wonwoo much ever since he had met Doyoon and wondered if what he was doing was really okay. He thought back to his past relationship but came up with nothing. 

 

"Gyu, I got the door!" Doyoon exclaimed. 

Mingyu's head snapped up. "Wait, hyung!"

 

 Mingyu ran out and saw that it was too late. Doyoon was already greeting Soonyoung and if the groan Mingyu could hear was right, Jihoon was there as well. Doyoon had closed the door and Soonyoung was pulling Jihoon to the living room. Mingyu smiled at his hyungs though he could feel disapproval radiating from them. Well, then.

 

"Hey there, Mingyu. I don't know if you read my message but I need your notes." Soonyoung said as he sat down on the couch. "I hope we're not disturbing anything?" He glanced at Doyoon before his eyes went back to Mingyu.

Mingyu blushed. "Of course you're not disturbing anything. Let me just go get my notes."

 

Mingyu quickly went to his bedroom and retrieve his bag. It took him a minute to realize that he was acting stupid. He and Doyoon were just hanging out and there was no need for the animosity that his hyungs were showing. Mingyu then headed back and saw that Doyoon had started to play the movie. Jihoon was on the floor by Soonyoung's feet, disapproval very obvious in his eyes.

 

"Here you are, hyung." Mingyu smiled as he handed his notes to Soonyoung.

 Soonyoung nodded, taking them. "Thanks, Gyu. Well, that's all. Jihoon and I should get going."

"Stay and copy the notes here." Jihoon said, looking at Mingyu coldly. "That is okay with you, isn't it?"

"Y-yeah." Mingyu stuttered out. He still hadn't figured out why Jihoon was suddenly mad at him. He had tried asking Junghan about it but his hyung just smiled sadly at him. "We were just going to watch The Avengers so it's okay."

Doyoon nodded, turning around to grin at Jihoon. "Are you a fan of Marvel comics as well?"

Jihoon frowned as if offended that Doyoon would even try to talk with him. "No, I'm not but Soonyoung is."

Mingyu couldn't help but frown as well. Jihoon was being unnecessarily rude. "If you don't like it, you can just leave."

 

Mingyu purposely sat down beside Doyoon and munched on some chips as soon as he sat down. Doyoon was his friend as well and he didn't understand why Jihoon had to be so damn rude to the other. He had never shown any dislike this publicly before. Doyoon nudged him, eyebrows raised but Mingyu just shrugged it off. 

 

No one spoke during the entire movie but the silence was loaded with tension. Mingyu discreetly looked behind him and saw that Jihoon was still glaring at him and Doyoon especially since the older had leaned on him a few minutes ago. Soonyoung had his arm around his boyfriend, one hand trying to calm him down but his attention was more focused on the movie. 

 

"If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under by now." Doyoon whispered when Mingyu faced the movie again.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what hyung's problem is. He isn't usually this rude." Mingyu whispered back. 

"Nah, it's okay. It'll take some work but I'll get him to like me." Doyoon answered before yawning. "Man, I'm tired."

"Late night?"

"Yeah, catching up with half a term is not easy. Jisoo is a great help though. I'm glad Junghan isn't jealous of me anymore. Jisoo could only talk about his angel anyway." 

Mingyu chuckled. "They are usually like that. They're really like an old married couple."

"And the two at the back are adorable pups." Doyoon tilted his head. "And what about you? Do you really have a boyfriend? You don't mention him."

 

Mingyu stiffened, realizing that the older was right. In all the times they've hang out together, he had never mentioned Wonwoo to Doyoon. He tried to reason out that it had just never came up but he knew it was a lame excuse. He could casually mention his boyfriend but he didn't. 

 

"Yo, you're spacing out, Gyu." Doyoon said, face crowding into his. 

"Personal space, hyung." Mingyu sighed, already used to it as he leaned back. "And yes I do have an actual boyfriend."

"Then why not introduce me to him? I bet I'm way better looking than him." Doyoon laughed. "It's not too late to change boyfriends, Gyugyu."

 

Mingyu was still thinking of what to say to that when he heard something breaking. He looked behind him and saw that Jihoon had dropped his glass, shattered pieces pooled around his feet. Soonyoung quickly jumped up, taking his boyfriend's hand into his. Mingyu stood up as well to fetch the broom. Jihoon was mumbling apologies especially to Soonyoung who looked like he was torn between being mad and concerned. After Mingyu had cleaned up the mess, he glanced at his hyungs who were just staring at each other. 

 

"Uh, you okay, Jihoon hyung?" Mingyu asked carefully, wondering if they were having a moment and he was interrupting.

"No, he's not. I think we should get him checked, Mingyu." Soonyoung said in a voice that Mingyu hadn't heard before. It left no argument and he found himself nodding. "Doyoon can lock up since he looks pretty familiar with your place already." 

Doyoon nodded uncertainly, not correcting Soonyoung that this was his first time in Mingyu's apartment. "Uh, sure. You guys go and get Jihoon checked."

"Let's go." Soonyoung said, pulling Jihoon and Mingyu out of the door. 

 

Soonyoung kept on pulling them along as they climbed down the stairs. Jihoon tripped a couple of times but his boyfriend didn't stop. Mingyu was getting nervous; he could feel the tension rolling off Soonyoung and he had a hunch it was directed to them. They approached Soonyoung's Ferrari, Mingyu hurriedly climbing to the back while Jihoon was more or less pushed by Soonyoung inside. The action made Mingyu raise an eyebrow; Soonyoung was always always gentle to his boyfriend. 

"Put your seatbelt on." Soonyoung said shortly before he started the car. The engine growled to life then they were tearing through the street.

 

Mingyu had always loved how fast Soonyoung's Ferrari could be but by the speed they were driving, Soonyoung was going to get a ticket and possibly get them killed as well. Mingyu looked out the window, the scene blurring at their speed. The sound of the engine growling was the only thing that could be heard and it did not help calm Mingyu down at all

 

 

"Slow the down, Soonyoung. We're going to get in an accident." Jihoon hissed. Mingyu looked over to his hyung and saw how white his knuckles were. 

Soonyoung just stepped on the gas again. "Wow and now you care if you got hurt?!"

"Kwon Soonyoung, stop this car right now!"

 

Mingyu grabbed on to his seat as his hyung suddenly stepped on the break. Because of the suddenness of the action, the car dragged on before it actually stopped. Mingyu could hear his heart pounding as he looked back and saw the tire tracks from the Ferrari. Okay maybe it was time to change dream cars. 

 

For a few minutes, no one said anything and their labored breaths were the only thing to be heard. The silence was broken when Soonyoung hit his fists on the steering wheel before stomping out of the car. Jihoon let out a small whine before following his boyfriend out, looking at Mingyu pointedly until the younger followed suit. Mingyu looked around for a way to escape because he was sure that things were about to take a turn for the worse. 

 

"Soonyoung..." Jihoon said cautiously as he approached his boyfriend.

"Don't Soonyoung me. What the hell, Jihoon? I know you're upset but still." Soonyoung hissed. 

"I know but you don't have to be this mad about it." Jihoon retorted. Mingyu really really wanted to get away. He hated dealing with fighting couples.

"Lee Jihoon, you ing dropped a glass on your foot just because Doyoon was getting close to Mingyu!"

"What was I supposed to do?! Throw the ing glass at them?!"

"What about calling their names?! Ever thought of that, Mr.Smarty pants?!"

"Like hell I would call that bastard's name!" 

Soonyoung clenched his fists, voice becoming cold. "I know you're upset of Doyoon partly because of me and partly because of Mingyu but I don't ing care. You don't do anything to hurt yourself. And that's that."

"I will do what I have to do to make sure that this idiot" he said while pointing at Mingyu. "Doesn't fall for that bastard."

"Just learn to trust Mingyu for 's sake." Soonyoung groaned.

"My boyfriend was one of the worst players; screw me if I have trust issues." Jihoon answered back. 

 

The air around them stilled as what Jihoon had said sank in. Mingyu could see the exact moment that his hyung realized it as well and the instant look of guilt across Jihoon's face. Soonyoung had his poker face on as he turned his back on Jihoon, body tensed up. Mingyu's eyes went back and forth the two of them, trying to think of something to say to fix this. He wished that Junghan and Jisoo were there; they would know what to do.

 

"I need to go. I need time. I need distance." Jihoon said, addressing the two of them but his eyes were on Soonyoung before he dragged his gaze to Mingyu. "And you, for 's sake, stop cheating on Wonwoo."

Mingyu's eyes widened, heart falling to his stomach. "What?"

"I said stop cheating on Wonwoo. I don't know if you forgot already but you have an actual living boyfriend that cares about you."

Something about Jihoon's words and tone gave Mingyu a weird feeling and he became defensive. "I'm not cheating on Wonwoo. I know you're mad at hyung but no need to take it out on me."

"You're so ing stupid." Jihoon glared at him. "Cheating doesn't mean just sleeping around. When was the last time you talked to Wonwoo anyway? I bet you haven't told him about Doyoon yet." 

"Jihoon, stop it." Soonyoung interrupted. 

 

Jihoon turned to his boyfriend, a sad look passing on his face when Soonyoung remained turned against him. He gave Mingyu a long final look before going back to the Ferrari and driving off. Mingyu looked at his hyung and saw the longing look on Soonyoung's face. He knew how Soonyoung hated fighting with Jihoon and the fact that Mingyu was part of the reason for their fight made him feel immensely guilty. 

 

"Hyung, I-" Mingyu started.

"Save it." Soonyoung cut him off, sighing as he looked at the road. "Let's go. It's quite a walk and I want to get started."

"Where are we going?"

"The hyungs' place of course."

--

By the time Mingyu and Soonyoung arrived at their hyungs' place, Mingyu was ready to talk to a wall. Soonyoung had been oddly completely quiet the whole walk over. Jihoon had unfortunately left them at a place that was quite far from Junghan and Jisoo's place and the walk took an hour. Mingyu had tried multiple times to talk to his hyung but there was no response. Soonyoung just continued staring into the air with a frown on his face. Mingyu knew that his hyung was thinking of Jihoon and he hoped that Junghan or Jisoo would know what to do.

 

"Hey, I was just about to go looking for you guys." Junghan said as he opened the door, quickly letting the two inside.

Mingyu tilted his head. "How did you know we were coming over?"

"Jihoon texted me of course." Junghan said simply.

Soonyoung grabbed the older's shoulders. "Where is he? Is he here? Did he say where he was? Is he still mad at me? Is he okay?"

Junghan's eyes widened at the sudden onslaught of questions. "Uh, wow, those are a lot of questions. Jihoon just texted me saying that you and Mingyu were coming here. That was about an hour ago? I'm sorry? Should I have asked where he was?"

Soonyoung sighed before letting go of Junghan. "Sorry for grabbing you like that. Can I take a nap? I'm tired."

Junghan nodded but his eyes looked worried. "It's okay. Go ahead; you know where the guestroom is."

 

Soonyoung nodded and headed to the said room. Junghan's eyes followed until the younger was in the room before pulling Mingyu to the kitchen. No one said anything so Mingyu was surprised when Junghan suddenly started making a sandwich. Junghan handed the sandwich to him and Mingyu took it gratefully, smiling a bit.

 

"You know where Jihoon hyung is." Mingyu said as he ate his sandwich. 

Junghan tilted his head a bit before nodding. "He doesn't want Soonyoung to know where he is at the moment so I said that I didn't."

"So where is hyung?" 

The older looked at Mingyu, pursing his lips before he replied. "He's at Wonwoo's place."

 

Mingyu felt his heart drop. It was a weird thing but there was a rush of emotions as he processed what Junghan had said. There was well, curiosity on how Jihoon knew where Wonwoo lived. Worry because he saw firsthand how mad Jihoon was; what if his hyung told Wonwoo what happened? Mingyu didn't know how his boyfriend would react. 

 

Mingyu was sort of embarrassed but he felt jealousy the most. Jihoon was with Wonwoo right at this moment while he wasn't. He hadn't realized how much he missed his boyfriend's presence until now. When was the last time they even texted each other? 

 

"You okay, Gyu?" Junghan whispered, eyeing the half eaten sandwich that Mingyu put down. 

Mingyu glanced at the sandwich, appetite suddenly gone. "I-yeah, I guess." He chewed on his bottom lip, pulling out his phone. There were no new messages. 

"If you say so." Junghan sighed. "Jisoo's still in class."

"Ah." Mingyu said, frowning at the sandwich. Why wasn't Wonwoo texting him? And when did he get close enough to Jihoon that his hyung seeked refuge at his place? He shook his head; those questions weren't going to get answered now. "How did Jihoon hyung know we were going here? Soonyoung hyung decided that after he left."

Junghan smiled. "They've been together for a year; they know how the other's mind works. Besides, who else would Soonyoung trust to see him in this state?"

Mingyu glanced at the direction of the guestroom. "Do you think he's really sleeping?"

"I don't know." The older's frown returned. "I bet he's trying but he'd fail. He's probably trying to call Jihoon right now."

"Didn't he put a tracker on hyung's phone before?" Mingyu asked. It was a really weird thing when Soonyoung said that and personally he found it a bit creepy but Jihoon had accepted it.

"He wouldn't use that right now. If Jihoon wants to be found, he'd answer his phone. Soonyoung wouldn't disrespect his choice."

"But he told you where he was." Mingyu insisted. He had half his mind made up to tell Soonyoung where Jihoon was just to ease off his hyung's worry. Maybe also to see Wonwoo but it wasn't his fault his hyung decided to hide there. It brought back the huge "why?" in Mingyu's head. Why Wonwoo? They had only talked a few times, well that Mingyu knew of. 

"Why are you frowning like that? You look mad." Junghan asked. "Are you mad at me for lying to Soonyoung?"

Mingyu sighed, messing up his hair in frustration. He wasn't mad at Junghan but he was jealous of Jihoon. It was an ugly feeling. "I'm not, hyung. I'm fine."

 

Junghan stared at him, obviously not buying what Mingyu said at all but he let it go thankfully. It was one of the reasons why he loved Junghan; he wasn't the type to pry unless he thought of the situation as an emergency.  

 

While Junghan mumbled something about working on something, Mingyu tried to think rationally about the whole thing. He still had no idea how Jihoon and Wonwoo got so close, so fast and so suddenly. Mingyu knew that Hansol and Jihoon would hit it off though; maybe that's how Wonwoo got involved as well? That still didn't explain why Wonwoo hadn't said anything to him. Didn't he miss Mingyu at all? 

 

"Jihoon isn't answering his phone." Soonyoung's voice made Mingyu jump while Soonyoung rolled his eyes, grabbing Mingyu's sandwich. "Where's hyung?"

" He said something about working on a project? I'm not sure. I wasn't paying attention." Mingyu admitted. "Did you even sleep at all?"

"As if I could sleep with my boyfriend MIA." Soonyoung quickly finished the sandwich, digging through the cabinets afterwards. "I'm making another one; want one?"

"I don't feel like eating." Mingyu mumbled, frowning afterwards. The words were very new to him and it felt weird saying it. 

"Thinking about Wonwoo?" Soonyoung asked as he made the sandwich. 

Mingyu turned to his hyung, knowing that even if his hyung said it nonchalantly, he was anticipating the answer. "Yeah, I am."

Soonyoung muttered something that sounded like 'finally' but Mingyu couldn't be sure since his hyung spoke up afterwards. "What about Wonwoo?"

"What do you mean?"

"What part of Wonwoo are you thinking of? Not literally his body part! Kim Mingyu, don't give me that judging look!" Soonyoung exclaimed. 

 

Mingyu tried to removing his 'judging look' and he did know what Soonyoung meant but somehow he started thinking of Wonwoo and well, his body. Those eyes that flicked from being smothering to being so fond within a second, those big hands with the ever present warmth in them and those lips that brought out so many emotions from Mingyu. There was a deep longing spreading through his body and Mingyu wanted to hold Wonwoo more than anything at that moment.

 

"Does that look in your eyes mean you're done being stupid?" Soonyoung smiled. "Doyoon won't be an issue anymore?"

"He was never an issue." 

Soonyoung gave Mingyu a look. "Don't be naive and try to lie to me and yourself. Yes, Doyoon was or is an issue. He'll stay as one as long as you don't clear it up."

"Clear what up? I've already told Doyoon that I have a boyfriend." Mingyu frowned.

Soonyoung quirked an eyebrow. "Don't sass me, Kim. My boyfriend is missing because of you." He took a deep breath before speaking. "You told Doyoon you have a boyfriend while stuttering. If it was me, I'd take that as a lie as well."

"Woah, intense atmosphere." Jisoo appeared at the doorway, holding up a plastic bag. "I have cans of beer. Talk it over drinks?"

Mingyu and Soonyoung exchanged looks before Soonyoung spoke up. "Uh, but Junghan hyung hates you drinking? Especially at your place."

Jisoo placed the plastic bag on the table as he shrugged. "He knows it's for a reason."

 

Mingyu and Soonyoung nodded as they took a seat on the table. Jisoo offered to make them something to eat while they drink. Junghan drifted in the kitchen a few minutes after, eyeing the cans of beer with distaste. 

 

"Must you?" Junghan sighed, leaning against the wall.

Jisoo smiled. "I promise to spray air freshener here and take a long shower afterwards."

Junghan stared at him before looking at their dongsaengs before sighing deeply. "Okay. Jun and I will go to the mall. Text me when you guys are done."

 

Jisoo smiled, going over to Junghan and giving him a long kiss. Mingyu looked away, choosing to focus on the can in his hand. He had always been quite embarrassed whenever his hyungs were really sweet to each other but seeing this right now when he hadn't even talked much less kissed his boyfriend in a while was torture. He was feeling jealous way too much today. 

 

Mingyu's eyes fell on Soonyoung and saw the same pained look. The worry over Jihoon's whereabouts must be becoming too much already. 

 

"Have fun." Jisoo grinned, making Mingyu roll his eyes. The two were really too sweet.

"You guys are disgustingly sweet." Soonyoung commented after Junghan had left. 

"Bitterness isn't a good look on you." Jisoo answered back easily, placing the tteokbokki he cooked on the table before taking a seat beside Mingyu. "Alright, so why the intense atmosphere earlier?"

"Mingyu doesn't think that Doyoon is an issue when he clearly is. Jihoon and I came over and the guy was the one to open the door for us!" Soonyoung answered.

"Doyoon hyung was the one to open the door to the hyungs' place the first time we met him too!" Mingyu argued.

"Yeah but that was because the hyungs were too busy faces to open it themselves." Soonyoung countered, ignoring the choking sound from Jisoo. 

 

Mingyu huffed, not thinking of anything to say to that so he chose to eat some tteokbokki instead. The food was good but his mind was focusing on something else. Was it really wrong to have Doyoon in his apartment? He came over to his hyungs' places all the time and it's okay with them so what was different in their case? He and Doyoon really got along well and being flirty was part of the other's personality that's why Mingyu hadn't done anything to change or reject his flirtings. 

 

"I still don't know where Jihoon is." Soonyoung whispered sadly as he ate. He was frowning at the food as he sighed. 

"He's at Wonwoo's." Mingyu blurted out because of guilt. He was the reason for them fighting and he wanted to at least lessen the sadness his hyung was feeling.

Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Why is he there?"

"Beats me." Mingyu shrugged nonchalantly although he was asking that as well.

"They were drinking just the other day too so I guess they really got close." Soonyoung grinned. "Well, if he's with Wonwoo, then that's okay."

"Really?" Mingyu asked, a frown on his face after his hyung said that Jihoon and Wonwoo drank together. What else did they do together?

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be? I like Wonwoo and he's a really great guy which is why you shouldn't be dumb." Soonyoung shrugged, grinning at Jisoo. "This tteokbokki is really good, hyung!"

" Glad you like it." Jisoo smiled. "I don't think it's nice calling Mingyu dumb though."

"Thank you." Mingyu looked at Soonyoung pointedly.

"He's just a bit slow sometimes." Jisoo continued, ignoring the indignant huff from said dongsaeng. "Being flirty is part of who Doyoon is so that can be it as well."

"It's why Jihoon hates him by the way." Soonyoung said with a slight frown. "He acts like a player which reminded Jihoon of how I was before."

Mingyu remembered what Jihoon had said earlier and things were starting to make sense. "But you aren't like that anymore."

"Yeah, I know." Soonyoung sighed before tilting his head at Mingyu. "Anyway we were talking about you, not me."

"I don't want to talk about me." Mingyu groaned.

"I feel sort of sorry for introducing Doyoon to you guys. Now everyone's sad except me and Junghan." Jisoo said, frowning as well.

"Hyung, don't be. Doyoon and I are really just friends and nothing else. I don't know why everyone's making a big deal out of it." Mingyu answered.

Jisoo and Soonyoung just looked at each other before turning to Mingyu at the same time. It was oddly synchronized and he wondered if they practiced it somehow. "Mingyu, think about it like this. What if it was reverse? What if Wonwoo was getting this close to someone he just met and that person was flirting endlessly with him? Would that be okay with you?" Jisoo asked seriously. 

~

After thinking over what Jisoo had said, Mingyu decided that it really was for the better if he came clean to Wonwoo about everything which was why he was at Jam Jam. He walked in and saw that the place was almost empty. He sat down at one of the empty booths as he waited for Wonwoo. 

 

"Welcome to- Oh. It's you." Wonwoo said when he arrived. There was a cold look on his face that Mingyu had never seen before and dread was starting to spread through him.

"Yeah, it's me. Hi." Mingyu smiled, hoping to lighten up the atmosphere. "You could act happier to see me, you know." 

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest. "Why should I? I'm surprised you even remember me."

"Why wouldn't I remember my own boyfriend?"

"After what Jihoon had said, I think it can happen." Wonwoo said sharply and Mingyu felt his heart drop. "I bet that Doyoon guy must be good looking like you."

"W-wonwoo, it isn't like that, I swear. We're just friends." Mingyu insisted, trying to hold onto the older's hand.

"Then why had you never mentioned him to me? Mingyu, you barely talked to me since that guy walked in your life!" Wonwoo exclaimed, taking a deep breath before he continued. "Forget it. Do what you want to do. I don't care anymore."

Mingyu stood up, grabbing Wonwoo's wrist. "What do you mean? I know you're mad right now but can you at least let me explain first?"

Wonwoo laughed but it was a mocking sound that Mingyu hated. It sounded so fake and it didn't suit Wonwoo at all. "Why should you explain anything to me? I am just your pretend boyfriend, aren't I? Was anyway."

"W-what?" 

"You don't need me anymore, do you? You found an actual boyfriend so you'll just cast me aside now." Wonwoo answered. "Don't bother. I'll end it here. Goodbye, Mingyu."

 

Wonwoo took one long look at Mingyu before pulling himself free. And Mingyu just stood there, unable to do anything as he watched the best thing that happened in his life walk away. 

 

A.N:sooooo this happened. Well then.

 

How are you guys holding up? *offers a box of tissue for anyone who needs it*

 

Again i would like to thank you for the comments and subscribing. Love you x