Reactions

Fall For You

Mingyu's phone wouldn't stop buzzing because of all the texts his friends sent. It wasn't even like he wasn't going to see Soonyoung and Jisoo later unless they were going to be absent again. He finally turned his phone off, getting annoyed slightly. The silence was wholeheartedly welcomed and Mingyu drifted off to a nap before his shift at the Shining Diamond. 

 

When Mingyu woke up, his neighbors were having a scream fest. Baekhyun and Jongdae really were great singers but their arguments usually led to complaints from the whole apartment. Mingyu sighed, looking around for his earphones. He stared at his phone, remembering that he had turned it off because of all the messages he was receiving. 

 

"The hyungs are home early." Mingyu mumbled thinking about Baekhyun and Jongdae as he turned his phone on. The two usually spent the whole evening with their boyfriends and wouldn't get home until midnight. 

 

His phone came to life and Mingyu nearly dropped it when he saw the time. It was already half past midnight; he had slept through half of his shift already. As if on cue, his phone rang.

 

From: Boss Jonghyun

THIS BOYFRIEND OF YOURS IS A BAD INFLUENCE

MAKING YOU GO ABSENT LIKE THIS

HE BETTER BE GOOD LOOKING AS HELL MINGYU

 

Mingyu's brows furrowed; what did Jonghyun mean by his boyfriend? He didn't have a boyfriend... that his boss knew of. His eyes widened, quickly back reading through the messages his friends sent.

 

From: Junghan hyung

 WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING KIM MINGYU

THESE ARE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

From: Soonyoung hyung

 I was nearly the country representative for Taekwondo

I hope your bf knows that

I HOPE WE CAN KNOW WHO THE HELL YOUR BF IS

 

From: Jihoon hyung

 Answer your phone, you brat!

Soonyoung is getting aggravated and I am close to throwing my book at him

VERY CLOSE KIM MINGYU

 

From: Junghan hyung

WHY IS JONGHYUN LOOKING FOR YOU

OMG ARE YOU ABSENT?!!

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!

IS THIS BECAUSE OF YOUR BOYFRIEND?!

 

From: Jisoo hyung

 Man, please reply to Junghan at least

I think he's going to have a heart attack

Congrats on the bf! :D

 

From: Soonyoung hyung

 I told Jonghyun hyung that you have a bf

And guess what he asked

HE WANTED TO KNOW WHO IT WAS

AND GUESS WHAT I ANSWERED

I DONT KNOW HYUNG

:((

breaking my heart, Kim Mingyu I swear /3

 

From: Junghan hyung

 Fine don't answer me

It's not like I give you food whenever you were too lazy to buy your own

It's not like I help you hide from Soonyoung and Jihoon whenever you teased them too far

Be that way :(

I thought I raised you better than this :(

 

From: Jihoon hyung

 Great. Soonyoung is making me listen to his litany about mean dongsaengs

I should be studying! 

You and your bf are so dead. Mark my words

 

Mingyu laughed at how dramatic his hyungs were being and fearful for his and Wonwoo's life. He didn't know that him having a boyfriend was going to cause this much of an uproar. He contemplated replying but that seemed like too much effort. 

 

It wouldn't kill them to be dramatic a while longer. Mingyu was going to order pizza. 

--

Predictably, his friends were sitting at Mingyu's living room when he woke up the next day. All four of them looked so serious that the youngest was really fearing for his life. He wondered if they'd let him say goodbye to Wonwoo before they kill him. He glanced at the clock, noting that it was still early; it's a miracle Jihoon's up. They must be really curious.

 

"Well, good morning, everyone." Mingyu said when no one seemed to speak first.

 

He didn't get an answer so he just shrugged and headed to the kitchen. He was about to cook some ramen for the five of them before Junghan pushed him aside and started doing it himself. Jisoo smiled at Mingyu, siding up beside his boyfriend while Soonyoung and Jihoon were leaning against the counter. Jihoon really didn't seem like he wanted to be here. 

 

Mingyu sighed. "Just ask me what you want to know already. We all know you're dying to ask anyway."

 

Everyone started talking at the same time and Mingyu couldn't even understand a single one of them. His hyungs started arguing on who was going to ask first so the youngest just checked on the ramen. 

 

"Shut up and let me ask first! I had to listen to Soonyoung's litany the whole night and have to be woken up this early just for this brat!" Jihoon exclaimed. That sure silenced everyone.

Mingyu placed the ramen on the table. "Food's cooked." He mumbled.

"Do you have a boyfriend, Mingyu?" jihoon asked calmly while the others grabbed their utensils.

"Yes, hyung." 

"Really? And his name is?"

"Jeon Wonwoo." Mingyu couldn't help the smile on his face as he said the name. 

"Okay, I'm done." Jihoon shrugged, opening his mouth for Soonyoung to feed him.

"My turn!" Junghan jumped up. "What's his name? Wait, you answered that. How old is he? How long have you known each other? How does he look like? How far have you two gone already?" 

Mingyu blinked, looking at his hyung's boyfriend. Jisoo just shrugged and went back to eating ramen. "Such a help you are." He faced Junghan. "Jeon Wonwoo, a year older than me, give or take three weeks to a month, we look good together and don't you think I have a right of privacy for that last one?"

Soonyoung pouted at him. "See, I knew there was a reason you were so happy at Chemistry! While we were suffering through exams, you were flirting around! Oh woe is me!"

Jihoon hit his arm. "Woe is me, your . What am I to you, chopped liver?" 

Soonyoung started his speech about how much he loved Jihoon but no one really cared and just kept on eating. Mingyu could feel Junghan still staring at him and knew that his hyung was just waiting for the meal to be over to question him again.

 

"I know Soonyoung was joking but have you been studying for the exams? The exams start on Monday." Jisoo asked.

Mingyu nodded. "I have. Don't worry about me, hyung."

"What's your boyfriend's course by the way?" Soonyoung asked after he finished his speech.

"It's Business Ad." 

Jihoon whistled. "The guy must be tough. They have all these unnecessary courses too."

"Does that mean we can't meet this Wonwoo guy yet?" Junghan pouted. 

"Wonwoo will be lucky if he can even find time to sleep this week." Soonyoung chimed in. "Just like Mingyu because Pre Med sure isn't easy either." 

Mingyu frowned. "My prof said some exams will be oral so I'm not that worried."

Jisoo nudged him. "You're not worried but you're frowning."

"I was thinking of Wonwoo." Mingyu admitted. 

 

Junghan started cooing about how cute Mingyu was and Soonyoung joined him. Jisoo cleaned up their dishes since it looked like no one was going to do it while Jihoon retreated to the living room and fell asleep on the couch. 

--

Just like Jihoon and Soonyoung had predicted, Mingyu had a tough time during the week. His supposed to be oral exams ended up as written exams announced the day before the said exam. It was driving Mingyu up the wall with frustration.

 It didn't help that he hadn't talked to Wonwoo the entire week either. He was worried whether the older was sleeping properly or how his exams were doing. Heck, he even wondered how Hansol's exams were doing. Everytime he said he'd check in with Wonwoo though, Mingyu felt irrationally nervous. What if he just bothered the other? It wasn't even like he had the right to worry; he was just Wonwoo's fake boyfriend. These thoughts were even more frustrating than his exams.

 

From: Boss Jonghyun

All three of you better report at Shining Diamond tonight or I'm kidnapping your boyfriends

Oh and Minhyun says do well on your last exams

 

From: Soonyoung hyung

 The hell is Minhyun? 

 

To: Soonyoung hyung

 Jonghyun hyung's boyfriend

You sound like Jihoon hyung BTW

 

Mingyu threw his phone on the bed and got ready for the last day of exam. He only has Anatomy today and it would be freedom. Shining Diamond was sure to be packed later on; he would have to squeeze in a nap before he left for work and an alarm so he wouldn't oversleep. 

Maybe he should drop by Jam Jam before he went to his exam too. Mingyu couldn't deny it to himself anymore; he missed Wonwoo. There wasn't a single message from the other the whole week and they didn't bump ways in Pledis University either. Maybe he could just send him a text; that wouldn't seem to eager right? 

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Last day of exam

Good luck, Mingyu! 

 

Mingyu nearly hit his cabinet as he read the message. It was a simple thing but it was as if Wonwoo had read his mind. Humming, Mingyu chose his clothes and replies.

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Fighting!

Good morning btw 

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Good morning

Oh I forgot your morning kiss :( 

xxxxx there

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

You're such a flirt

I'm gonna be late for my exam

Laters baby x

 

Mingyu smiled widely as he sent the message. He was so happy that he was sure he's going to ace his exam. He had the best boyfriend ever after all.

 

Mingyu didn't know what he did but it seemed like luck was on his side today. The Anatomy exam was very easy and he wasn't sure if it was because he studied really hard or because he was still giddy from Wonwoo's text from earlier. Either way he finished the exam quickly, hang out with Soonyoung for a bit before he headed back to his place. And this, this must be his prize for this whole hell week.

 

"Aren't you going to let me in?" Wonwoo asked, chuckling slightly.

Mingyu brought himself out of his stupor. "What are you doing here?" 

The other shrugged, pushing himself off the wall. "I was bored. My exams were done and Hansol won't be back until later so I'm here." 

"And what if my exam wouldn't be done until later too?" Mingyu said as he opened the door.

"Then I'd be waiting until later." Wonwoo said easily, pulling Mingyu inside. 

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes, smiling fondly as Wonwoo looked around. The place was quite a mess because of all the papers scattered around but the older didn't seem to mind. He was busy looking at the pictures Mingyu had put up, cooing at one of Mingyu's childhood pictures. 

 

"See, I was right. You do have a nice place." Wonwoo commented.

Mingyu cleared away some mess so they could sit down on the couch. "Sorry about the mess. When am I going to know where you and Hansol live anyway?"

Wonwoo shrugged. "We'll see. Our place is definitely smaller though." He picked up some papers as well, snickering as he looked at it. "Quite an artist eh?" 

Mingyu took the paper, seeing it was one of his doodles that Soonyoung had messed with. "This is nothing. Wait til you see Soonyoung hyung's other drawing,.

Wonwoo chuckled. "He doesn't even know about me, does he?" He said a bit wistfully.

"He does actually. My hyungs basically interrogated me about you. They're all excited to meet you." Mingyu said off handedly though he wondered if he should have asked Wonwoo before he talked about him to his friends. 

Wonwoo's eyes widened. "W-wow.. what did you tell them?"

"Just the basics really like your name your age and your course." Mingyu's eyes widened as well. "Jihoon hyung probably knows your schedule now too! Ugh"

"Is.. is that even legal?" Wonwoo chuckled. "You have detective friends."

"Soonyoung hyung might even run a background check on you. Oh my god, where's my phone?" Mingyu dug in his bag looking for the gadget.

Wonwoo placed his hand on the younger's with a gentle smile. "Let it be, yeah? I'm not hiding anything criminal so let your hyung do his thing."

"Oh, okay." Mingyu agreed reluctantly. 

 

Wonwoo smiled at him again, lacing their hands together and motioned to the mess in Mingyu's floor. Quietly, they started picking up the papers scattered. It was quite difficult manoeuvering their locked hands but they managed to clean up the mess. Once the mess was gone, the two of them just sat down on the couch, enjoying the silence together. 

 

Mingyu started humming when Wonwoo rubbed circles along his wrist. It was such a small thing, just Wonwoo's presence really, but all of the stress was gone and he felt lighter. He looked at Wonwoo who was still scanning the place and wondered if majority of his stress was because he had longed for the older's presence and now that he was here, everything was okay again. 

 

"Hey, what movies do you have?" Wonwoo suddenly asked.

Mingyu followed the older's line of vision and saw that he was staring at the DVD collection he had. "There's quite a lot. I'm sure the hyungs left some of theirs as well. What do you want to watch?" 

"I'll go choose a movie and you make popcorn?" 

 

Mingyu nodded, slowly pulling his hand away and headed to the kitchen. He had to look through a few cupboards to find the popcorn. He popped them in the microwave, peeking at Wonwoo who was already loading a movie in. As soon as the popcorn was cooked, he put them in a bowl and headed back to the living room. Wonwoo smiled at him, patting the space beside him.

 

"I hope you're okay with Divergent?" Wonwoo said as he grabbed some popcorn.

Mingyu nodded. "That's okay. I think it's pretty cool actually." 

 

Wonwoo smiled at him before focusing on the movie. The initiation for the new members of Dauntless wasn't even halfway through when Wonwoo started nodding off. Mingyu placed the empty bowl on the coffee table, carefully leaning closer to the older. Wonwoo looked at him before leaning his head against Mingyu's shoulder. It must have been uncomfortable at first since the other kept on shifting until Mingyu adjusted their positions, one of the younger's hand slipping around Wonwoo's waist with Wonwoo's head resting on the crook of Mingyu's neck. Wonwoo hummed contentedly before he fell asleep. 

 

Mingyu continued watching the movie, shifting every once in a while when Wonwoo would. He started yawning as the movie was reaching its . He looked at the older's face peacefully resting before glancing at the clock. It was still early in the afternoon. He wouldn't sleep through the whole day. Wonwoo snuggled closer and Mingyu closed his eyes, succumbing to sleep as well.

 

"Mingyu, Mingyu." 

Mingyu opened his eyes, lifting his head to see who was shaking him. "Hm? What is it?"

 Wonwoo chuckled. "I have to meet my friends since we promised to hang out today. I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye."

"Oh, okay." Mingyu sat up, pushing down the feeling of disappointment. He didn't want Wonwoo to go just yet. "Uh, bye then."

"Walk me downstairs?" Wonwoo asked, looking at his feet. 

 

Mingyu all but jumped at the opportunity. He nodded quickly before grabbing Wonwoo's hand without thinking about it. Wonwoo seemed surprised by the action but he didn't seem to mind. Mingyu asked the older about how Hansol was doing. They continued talking until they reached the front of the building. 

 

"Well, see you around?" Mingyu asked, still holding Wonwoo's hand.

Wonwoo chuckled, bringing their linked hands to his lips before kissing Mingyu's knuckles. "Laters, baby." He slowly pulled away, walking backwards until he turned the corner. 

--

Mingyu was still in a daze when he walked into Shining Diamond that night. His mind was still caught up from the knuckle kiss and he kept touching the spot unconsciously. It made his skin feel tingly and warm and his cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling. His stomach was feeling a bit funny too. 

 

"Someone looks happy." Jisoo commented, lightly flicking Mingyu's forehead.

Mingyu rubbed his forehead. "Is it bad to be happy?"

"You're never this happy." Jisoo hopped on the counter. "Confident about your exams?"

"Well, not all of them. I'm pretty sure about my Anatomy exam though." Mingyu beamed.

"That's cause your boyfriend probably helps you study that." Jonghyun piped in as he walked to the shelves, checking their supplies. "Where the hell is Soonyoung?"

" Jihoon has an exam at 6 so I doubt he'd leave him alone until afterwards." Jisoo answered as he started strumming his guitar. 

"Jisoo, sing a duet with Hyun later okay? He'll be coming by around 10." Jonghyun said.

"Yes, sir." Jisoo smiled.

Jonghyun nodded at the two of them. "And please tell Soonyoung to come. I won't even care how late just as long as he arrives. I doubt Mingyu can handle all the people later."

 

Sometimes Mingyu hated how Jonghyun was always right. Since exams were officially over, everyone was in the mood for celebration. As soon as the club was open, huge groups of students started coming in and no one looked like they'd be leaving any time soon. Jisoo had even started to help Mingyu out because drinks were starting to pile up and Mingyu was going to strangle Soonyoung for sure.

 

"Jisoo, go onstage and sing something lively. I'll help Mingyu out." Jonghyun ordered before started mixing drinks.

Jisoo looked hesitant. "Are you sure..?"

Mingyu nodded. "We got it. Fighting!" He gave a small smile.

 

Jisoo nodded, reluctantly heading to the stage. Some of the people waiting on the bar headed to the stage, singing along and Mingyu finally let out his breath. Jonghyun was an expert with the customers, mixing and making while making small chat. 

 

"Any news when Soonyoung will grace us with his presence?" Jonghyun asked.

Mingyu shook his head, checking his phone in case he missed a text. "Nope, there's still no reply."

"Jihoon better ace that exam." Jonghyun sighed. "We're running out. I'll head on back and get some refills. You gonna be okay by yourself for a bit?"

 

Mingyu nodded, praying that no one else would come to the bar for a while. It seemed that his luck had ran out for the day because people started crowding the bar again. Everyone was saying their orders at the same time. Mingyu was starting to panic; he had never handled a crowd like this alone. 

 

"I'm sorry but could everyone please say their orders one at a time?" A familiar voice exclaimed.

 Mingyu turned to see Wonwoo jumping over the counter, grabbing Soonyoung's apron. "W-wonwoo?"

The older winked at him. "Looks like you needed help." He turned to a customer. "I'm sorry for the delay. What's your poison?" 

 

Mingyu stared for a while until the girl in front of him cleared . Flushed, Mingyu quickly made her drink and continued on with the rest. Wonwoo seemed to be holding out on his own and if he wasn't sure, Mingyu would just whisper the correct ingredients. Jonghyun returned after a few moments, raising an eyebrow when he saw Wonwoo but didn't say anything else. Eventually, the bustle quieted down. Jonghyun gave the two of them some soda, seeing that it was still early and he couldn't have either of them drunk just yet. 

 

"That was some crowd, huh?" Mingyu remarked.

Wonwoo nodded, gulping down his soda. "You tell me. It didn't seem that tough from the other side that's for sure."

Jonghyun chuckled. "You're not half bad, kid. You interested in working here? Soonyoung's always gone anyway." 

"I am here! I'm sorry! Princess Junghan insisted we had to pick him up as well!" Soonyoung dashed in, nearly toppling over a customer.

Jonghyun flashed the customer an apologetic smile, speaking through gritted teeth. "Your boyfriend can drive perfectly well on his own. Give me a better excuse next time, Soonyoung."

Soonyoung smiled innocently at Jonghyun. "I'm not lying, hyung!"

" Junghan!" Jisoo exclaimed, hugging his boyfriend. "Why are you here?"

"Well I thought seeing my boyfriend sing was better than sleeping. Plus the guys are here as well." Junghan grinned, kissing Jisoo's cheek.

Jihoon nudged Soonyoung. "I want something to drink too."

"What does my baby want?" Soonyoung asked, jumping over the counter.

"Just soda. I plan on having a hangover free day tomorrow." Jihoon said, tilting his head as his eyes locked on Wonwoo. "Oh and who might you be?" He turned to Jonghyun. "Found another slave, hyung?"

 

 Wonwoo looked at Mingyu, eyes filled with worry and uncertainty. Mingyu found it endearing and he grabbed the older's hand, giving it a light squeeze as he felt everyone's eyes on them.

 

"Guys, this is my boyfriend, Wonwoo." Mingyu announced. 

 

A.N: I know everyone's curious on what will happen when they met Wonwoo but I wanted to prolong the suspense so that will happen on the next chapter.

 

I'm not that satisfied with this chapter but hopefully, the next will  be better?

 

Thank you for reading <3 

Tell me what you think? 

x