Late Night Happenings

Fall For You

As soon as the words were out of Mingyu's mouth, he knew that hell was about to break. Junghan screamed/ squealed as he jumped up and down, fanning himself. Jisoo started fanning his boyfriend as well, a deeply worried expression on his face when Junghan turned red. Soonyoung had grabbed Wonwoo, hugging the life out of him as he started bombarding the taller with questions. Jihoon was whining at how touchy Soonyoung was being, leaning over the counter as he tried to pull his boyfriend away. Mingyu could almost laugh at how hilarious everyone was being if Wonwoo didn't look scared out of his wits. 

 

"Okay, okay. Soonyoung hyung, kindly move away. Personal space, remember?" Mingyu said as he tried to pry his hyung off.

Soonyoung just latched on tighter which made Jihoon scowl. "I'm trying to befriend him! I have the right to interrogate him!"

Jihoon was almost growling as he tugged on his boyfriend's arm. "I am going to knee you in the balls, Kwon Soonyoung if you don't let go soon!"

"Language, Jihoon." Jisoo admonished before facing his boyfriend again. "It's alright, baby. Just breathe. Inhale, exhale." Junghan nodded, following Jisoo's orders as he kept pointing towards Wonwoo. 

 

Jonghyun sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before letting out an ear piercing whistle. Everyone close to the bar groaned, glaring at Jonghyun. The owner smiled sweetly at the customers, nodding his apology before he turned to face his dongsaengs. Soonyoung had turned towards Jihoon, body curling against his smaller boyfriend while Jisoo was covering Junghan's ears. Mingyu and Wonwoo were both groaning about how their ears hurt.

 

"Everyone, please, this is a working place for half of you. Learn to behave even just a bit." Jonghyun said calmly. "Now I know it's a miracle that Mingyu got a boyfriend but let's be calm about this."

Mingyu whined. "I am offended by that statement!"

Jonghyun turned to Wonwoo. "Your guy is the most dramatic of this crazy bunch, I hope you know that." Then he faced Mingyu. "Good job on this one. You can have your dates here as long as he works as well."

"I'm still working here!" Soonyoung protested. "You never let me have dates with Jihoon here!"

"That's cause your boyfriend doesn't look like he's legal enough to serve alcohol." Jonghyun deadpanned.

 

Jihoon huffed as the others started laughing. Even Wonwoo was chuckling into his hand quietly. Mingyu held the older's hand, giving it a light squeeze to know whether the other was okay. Wonwoo gave him a light squeeze back with a small smile. Mingyu mentally sighed in relief;at least the extreme reactions didn't drive the other away.

 

"Wow, everyone's here! What's happening?" Minhyun suddenly appeared beside Junghan.

Jonghyun shrugged, making his way over to his boyfriend. "Not much, Hyun." He pointed at Wonwoo and Mingyu. "Mingyu just brought his boyfriend to work."

 

Mingyu buried his face in Wonwoo's shoulder when Minhyun started squealing as well. Everyone he knew was so embarrassing.

 

After Minhyun and Junghan had their squeals out of their system, their group sat down together at the bar. Jonghyun had served everyone sodas before disappearing to his office with Minhyun despite the taller's protests. Mingyu watched as his hyungs continued to stare at Wonwoo, mentally laughing at how concentrated everyone looked.

 

"Uh, is there something on my face or...?". Wonwoo trailed off, obviously embarrassed by all the stares.

Mingyu snickered. "I thought you said it was rude to stare, Jisoo hyung. Look who's staring along with the kids."

Jisoo blinked, leaning back with a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry."

"You're younger than the rest of us so no calling us kids." Soonyoung retaliated. 

Mingyu pouted. "I look older than you and Jihoon hyung."

 Jihoon gave him a glare, daring him to elaborate. 

Wonwoo chuckled, patting Mingyu's head. The younger could feel how his hyungs followed the movement. "It's okay, Mingyu." Then he faced Mingyu's friends. "I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Jeon Wonwoo. It's nice to meet you guys."

Junghan beamed. "A gentleman huh?" He reached over to shake hands with the younger. "Yoon Junghan. Mingyu's like my child so please remember to feed him."

"Hyuung!" Mingyu exclaimed, blushing.

Wonwoo just nodded, biting back a laugh. "I promise to feed him as much as he wants to eat."

"Hong Jisoo." Jisoo said as he grasped Wonwoo's hand next. "I guess I'm Mingyu's dad..? What do dads say?" He furrowed his brows as he thought about it. "Don't make my little girl cry." He said uncertainly.

" Oh my... am I a girl?!" Mingyu protested.

"I promise not to . . ." Wonwoo snickered a bit. " make your little girl cry. Should I call you guys appa and umma?"

 Junghan squealed. "I love that idea! Yes please do! Mingyu, you're calling me umma arasso?"

Mingyu groaned. "You are not my mom. Stop it." He lightly hit Wonwoo's arm. "Stop giving Junghan hyung even weirder ideas! Just call them hyung. They're a year older than you."

"Figured you'd be a bossy boyfriend." Jihoon scoffed. "Lee Jihoon. I will find out your schedule later." He glanced at Mingyu. "I actually thought Mingyu just made you up."

Mingyu made an indignant sound. "Am I that pitiful?"

"Yes." His friends chorused.

"I am not!" Mingyu whined.

Wonwoo chuckled, patting Mingyu again as he faced Jihoon. "Nice to meet you, Jihoon. You can check my school records all you want."

Jihoon nodded. "I like him. Just as long as you don't touch my boyfriend."

"Soonyoung hyung was the one who grabbed him!" Mingyu protested.

Jihoon pointed at a small group of people staring at them. "I think they want to order. Go do your job, bartender."

"I got it!" Soonyoung chirped as he made the orders for the customers. "Wonwoo, I have lots to ask so just hold on." He handed the finished drinks to the group, smiling at their thanks before prancing back to Mingyu's side. "Hi, you already know me and I already hugged you. I think we're off to a great start,Wonwoo!"

Wonwoo chuckled, simply nodding at Soonyoung. Jihoon was watching the two of them intensely. "I don't usually get hugged that tight on first meetings but it sure is memorable." 

Soonyoung laughed. "I was actually checking if you had weapons but you're lucky you didn't since I know taekwondo and could kick your ."

Wonwoo laughed, probably thinking it was a joke.

Mingyu sighed. "He isn't kidding just so you know." He smirked a bit as he saw Wonwoo's alarmed expression. 

"Soonyoung was almost the country's representative but he fell in love with dance." Jisoo supplied.

"That's actually really cool! Mind teaching me some techniques?" Wonwoo asked enthusiastically. "I already know hapkido but taekwondo seems to be great as well."

"Well, that subtle threat was a fail." Jihoon muttered as he drank his soda.

 

Mingyu smiled proudly at his hyung, watching as Wonwoo and Soonyoung start comparing techniques about the two martial arts. Jihoon was still a bit weary of Wonwoo but that might be because Soonyoung had hugged the other. Jisoo and Junghan were watching the younger ones interact just like how parents would. 

 

And when Wonwoo turned and looked at Mingyu with a gentle expression, the younger couldn't shake off the feeling that Wonwoo belonged there.

--

It was already half past one in the morning but Shining Diamond was still full of people and even more were coming in. Soonyoung and Mingyu had to focus on serving the customers and Jisoo had to perform some songs with Minhyun so Jihoon and Junghan kept Wonwoo company. Mingyu tried to catch some of their conversation but he just heard mundane things such as what was Wonwoo's favorite color, where he was from and other stuff like that. It wasn't as embarrassing as what Mingyu had imagined but he guessed that Jihoon was timing it to when he and Soonyoung were really busy. 

 

"You look swamped." Wonwoo remarked when Mingyu slumped down in front of him.

"Don't be mean. I didn't say anything when you were like this at Jam Jam." Mingyu pouted.

"That's because you weren't any different." Wonwoo chuckled. "Remind me never to work here."

Mingyu lifted his head. "I think Jonghyun hyung wants to hire you though."

The older shrugged, playing with Mingyu's hair. "Hansol will be up all night if I worked here."

"That feels nice. Don't stop." Mingyu nearly purred. "What will Hansol even do all night?"

"Play games? Skype with his family? The kid has a lot of weird interests."

"Is his family in America?"

"Mhm. His dad's Korean and they came to visit Korea three years ago. Hansol fell in love with the country and didn't leave even when his family did." Wonwoo chuckled when Mingyu groaned as he pulled his hand away. "Are you some sort of cat?"

"It's relaxing; don't be mean." Mingyu grinned when Wonwoo continued playing with his hair. "That must be lonesome though. You've known him for that long?"

Wonwoo shook his head. "I met him last year through a common friend. Seungkwan and Hansol had a class together and well... Seungkwan basically claimed him. Seokmin actually cried when he found out that Hansol was alone here in Korea."

Mingyu hummed. "I want to meet your other friends too."

"They're not the sanest bunch."

Mingyu gave him a look. "You have met my friends, right?"

"They're not that weird." Wonwoo shrugged. "Soonyoung might be a little ...physical but he's pretty funny. Jisoo and Junghan hyung are pretty chill too."

"They're lying to you." Mingyu deadpanned.

"That's a mean thing to say about people who are in the same place as you." Soonyoung whined. "Your boyfriend is mean, Wonwoo."

"I hope you teach my son some manners. He can be a bit rude to his hyungs." Junghan nodded seriously. 

Jihoon nodded. "Train him properly."

"I'm not a dog and I'm right here you know." Mingyu groaned when another group of customers came to the bar. "Hold on. I'll be back. Don't insult me while I'm gone!" 

"That's the point of insults!" Jihoon called out after him.

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes, asking the girls what they wanted to drink. The girls ordered one by one but one of them was looking past Mingyu to where his friends were. Mingyu subtlely followed the girl's eye to see who she was looking at and was a bit irritated when he spotted Wonwoo as the target. He had to remind himself that the girl was a customer and Jonghyun already said no being rude to customers no matter what. 

 

"Go ahead and ask him, Ahreum." One of the girls said.

The girl who was staring at Wonwoo who turned out to be Ahreum leaned closer to Mingyu. "Why isn't he working the bar tonight?"

"What? Who?" Mingyu asked, confused. 

Ahreum pointed. "The cute bartender that dances!"

"Ah." Mingyu nodded, subtly blocking the girl's view. "He's a bit busy since we have a full house as you can see. If that's all you'll be having, kindly go. More people are waiting in line." 

 

The girls all glared at Mingyu but left nonetheless. Mingyu sighed; now that he thought about it, the group was familiar. Ahreum must be the girl that gave her number to Soonyoung. He glanced over to his hyung who was talking to both Jihoon and a customer. He hoped for his hyung's sake that the girls would just leave him alone. 

 

It seemed that luck wasn't on their side as Ahreum and her friends went to Soonyoung's side of the bar and not so gently pushed Junghan and Jihoon aside. Mingyu hurriedly made the drinks for the waiting customers before rushing to Soonyoung's side. Soonyoung looked mildly irritated at the girls with no sign of recognition on his face.

 

"Uhm, excuse me?!" Junghan huffed.

One of the girls rolled her eyes. "Go away, you wannabe. Growing your hair out just to look like a girl? Pathetic."

Jihoon's eye twitched. "Don't you think you're being very rude? I thought ladies were supposed to have more class than that."

"Omo! This one is so adorable! Can I keep him? Oh my god!" Another squealed and started pinching Jihoon's cheeks. 

Ahreum puffed her cheeks before batting her eyelashes at Soonyoung. "Oppa, why didn't you call? Did you lose my number?"

"Let him go. He's getting annoyed; don't you see that?" Soonyoung hissed, pulling Jihoon away from the girl.

Ahreum frowned. "Yah, I'm talking to you, oppa! Don't ignore me for that little guy!"

Soonyoung faced her, eyebrows raising. "I'm sorry but do I even know you?"

Mingyu had to stifle the laughter threatening to come out with a cough. "Uh, sorry. Choked on something."

The girls didn't seem amused and kept pushing closer. 

"Oppa, how could you forget me? You said I was cute!" Ahreum pouted.

Jihoon pulled away from Soonyoung, raising an eyebrow. "Did he now?"

"Did I?" Soonyoung asked, genuinely confused. "I don't remember."

Ahreum's mouth gaped before she cupped Soonyoung's face, caressing it. "That's okay, oppa. I heard from a friend that it was your exams these past weeks. You've just been busy that's all. Come with me and my friends so I can remind you of how cute I am." She glanced at Jihoon. "You can even bring your... friend along." She said the word 'friend' with obvious contempt. 

 

Mingyu glanced at Jihoon and saw the murderous look on his face. Things were going to get bad really fast if these girls don't cut it out. Just as Mingyu was about to say something, Wonwoo cleared his throat and the girls' glare directed to him. The glares turned to look of appreciation quickly though and Mingyu groaned. 

 

"He's here with friends and we really don't appreciate you cutting into our time. Just go away, yeah?" Wonwoo calmly said, pulling Ahreum's hand away from Soonyoung's face. 

Junghan nodded. "It wasn't even like he remembered you. You might just be making these things up."

The girls gave a pointed stare at Junghan before smiling cutely at Wonwoo. Mingyu was so tempted to throw something at them already. 

 

"Oppa, we're sorry. Ahreum was just really looking forward to seeing your friend. Why don't you and your friend join us? We're buying." One of the girls said in an overly sweet voice pressing up against Wonwoo. 

Wonwoo didn't even bat an eyelash. "No, thanks. I'm not interested." Mingyu could swear the older had looked at him after he said that and he couldn't help buy smirk. 

"You heard him, ladies. Now go away. We have other people to serve." Mingyu made shooing noises.

Ahreum latched onto Soonyoung's arm. "I've waited long enough and I am not going without getting your number at least!"

Soonyoung narrowed his eyes, shrugging the girl off roughly. He pointed at Jihoon who was seething. "See this guy's face? This is cute for me. Even when he's mad and he'll probably throw another book at me later, I find him cute. His face is the only face that I want to see every single day even if his eyebags are getting pretty rough." Soonyoung laughed when Jihoon smacked his arm, a blush on his cheeks. "Jihoon's my tsundere boyfriend and I am making it clear now. I'm gay so I'm definitely not interested in you. Even if I was straight, I don't date rude and fakely cute people."

Jihoon smiled triumphantly at Ahreum. "Got any problem with that, ?"

 

Ahreum apparently did have a problem with that, seeing as she threw her drink at Soonyoung's face before grabbing her friend's drink to throw it on Jihoon's fac before walking away with her cronies. It was all overly dramatic and Mingyu was just glad no one got hurt or killed. Soonyoung pulled out his handkerchief and started wiping Jihoon's face while Jihoon was ranting about rude es that try to steal his boyfriend away. 

 

"Did you actually say she was cute?" Jihoon asked softly. 

Soonyoung shrugged. "I don't know. I may have but I only did that so she'd give more tips."

Jihoon scowled. "And look where that got you."

"Got us, babe. Your face was harmed." Soonyoung sighed. "I'm sorry, Jihoon."

"It's done, isn't it? No use apologizing about it now." Jihoon looked down.

"But I am sorry. I know you were mad before but you were hurt too. I know you, Jihoon. I could probably guess what you're thinking without you having to say anything." Soonyoung exhaled. "And I know that you were worried that I was actually replacing you for someone else."

"Why wouldn't you? You're right that I get mad a lot and I throw things at you. I'm not the romantic type and you deserve someone like that, someone that makes you happy." Jihoon said, hurriedly wiping his eyes. "I don't get why you keep choosing me, Soonyoung."

Soonyoung smiled. "Because I'm choosing what makes me happy and that's you, Jihoon ah. I don't care about romantic things and cheesy dates. We have Junghan hyung and Jisoo hyung for that." He chuckled a bit. "You keep me in line and prevent me and Mingyu from getting in trouble. No one in this world is better for me than you, arasso?"

Jihoon blushed, hiding his face. "Why are we doing this in Shining Diamond of all places?"

Soonyoung tipped Jihoon's chin up, looking at him straight in the eye. "Arasso?"

"N-neh, arasso." Jihoon mumbled.

 

This was the 10% sweetness that Mingyu saw in their relationship. He smiled proudly at Jihoon because this was a better reaction than the ones he had before. When something like this happened before, Jihoon would just assume the worst and run away while Soonyoung was left feeling frustrated. Maybe this was a sign that his hyungs' relationship was getting better; he sure hoped so.

 

"Alright, why don't the two of you go for a little walk and cool your heads? I got the bar." Wonwoo said, jumping over the counter already. 

Soonyoung grinned at him. "For real? Thanks!" He hurriedly remove his apron and handed it to Wonwoo, jumping to his boyfriend's side. 

"Be back by thirty minutes, okay?" Mingyu said.

Jihoon nodded, still slightly blushing. "He'll be back. Thank you." He turned to Soonyoung. "Let's wash our faces first. I still feel sticky."

Soonyoung laughed as he pulled his boyfriend away. "Whatever you say, baby."

 

Mingyu saw Wonwoo giving the two a fond smile and wondered if he could ever have something like that with the older. Given the following set up, he probably wouldn't. What Jihoon and Soonyoung had was real while his and Wonwoo's wasn't. Mingyu quickly poured beer into an empty glass, chugging it down to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat. 

 

"You alright?" Wonwoo asked, glancing down at the glass.

Mingyu nodded. "Why wouldn't I be?" 

Wonwoo looked like he wanted to ask more but Jisoo suddenly appeared.

"Hey. Where's-" Jisoo gasped. "Baby, why are you crying?"

Junghan clung to his boyfriend. "It was so beautiful, Jisoo. You should have seen it! The made such a beautiful scene!"

Jisoo sighed. "It's bad to call people es, Junghan."

 

When Shining Diamond closed for the day, Mingyu heaved a sigh of relief. Tonight's shift was particularly tiring than the others both physically and mentally. Everyone was pitching in with the cleanup so at least that was faster. 

 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Wonwoo said, poking Mingyu's cheek.

Mingyu chuckled. "I doubt they're worth that much."

"Depends on what you're thinking. You've been quiet since Soonyoung and Jihoon's walk." 

Mingyu flushed; he didn't think that anyone noticed. "Just... uhm. Not here okay?" Mingyu said as he looked around his hyungs.

 Wonwoo nodded. "Later then."

"Guys,we'll be leaving first!" Jisoo said as he piggybacked a nearly asleep Junghan. "I need to bring this angel to bed."

 

Everyone said their goodbyes and Jihoon opened the door for them, waiting until Jisoo's car drove away to close it. He immediately went to Soonyoung's side and helped cleaning the glasses. Minhyun was humming a song while he and Jonghyun were checking inventory and the tips for today. 

 

"I think we're done here. Good job on surviving tonight." Jonghyun said when they were done. "Hyun and I will lock up. Go ahead and leave."

Minhyun waved at them. "Bye! It was lovely meeting you, Wonwoo."

Wonwoo bowed. "It was nice to meet you too, hyung."

" So formal." Minhyun chuckled. "The rest of you kids were never like that."

 Soonyoung laughed. "We all take after Mingyu." He pushed the other three outside. "Bye, hyung! Bye, Boss!"

 

The four of them headed out towards Soonyoung's car. Wonwoo let out an appreciative whistle when he saw the Ferrari. Mingyu couldn't blame him; he had the same reaction when he first saw his hyung's ride. Jihoon rolled his eyes, trodding over the passenger side.

 

"Get in. We'll swing by your places." Soonyoung said.

Wonwoo shook his head, grabbing Mingyu's hand. "We'd rather walk. Can't have the two of you be the only ones to have a romantic walk under the moonlight."

Mingyu blushed. "G-goodnight, hyungs."

 Jihoon crawled over to the driver side and peeked his head out. "You guys sure? It can get pretty dangerous by Mingyu's place."

"Babe, Wonwoo knows hapkido. They'll be fine. Now scoot over unless you want to drive." Soonyoung said as he opened the door.

 

Mingyu and Wonwoo stood there, watching as the car pulled away and was gone into the night. The younger sighed; he missed riding Soonyoung's Ferrari. He glanced at Wonwoo and accepted it as a fair enough trade. Wonwoo raised his eyebrows before pulling Mingyu along. They were still holding hands and Mingyu hummed as he started swaying them.

 

"You're in a better mood then?" Wonwoo asked, looking at their swinging hands.

"I was never in a bad mood." Mingyu countered. "Okay except when those girls were there." The image of the girl pressing up so closely to Wonwoo popped in his head and he scowled at the air.

Wonwoo chuckled. "Then don't think about them. Soonyoung handled them pretty well."

"So did you. You were so cool, telling them you weren't interested." Mingyu gushed, peeking at the older.

" Shut up." The other blushed. "I was just stating the truth anyway."

Mingyu nudged the older playfully, humming.

"Enough about those leeches. You said you were going to tell me what you were thinking later. Later is now." Wonwoo reminded him.

Mingyu took a deep breath before speaking. "Of all the relationships I saw, Jihoon and Soonyoung hyung's relationship was the most complicated for me. They were fighting most of the time and times like the one you saw earlier were so far and between."

"But...?" Wonwoo prompted when the younger stopped.

"But..." Mingyu sighed. "You saw how it was. When they were sweet to each other, it was so sincere and heartwarming. It even made Junghan hyung cry. It's like they're the only two people in the world and that moment was just theirs." 

Wonwoo hummed, seeming thoughtful so Mingyu continued.

"I want something like that. I want someone to look at me as if I'm the only one he sees." He laughed slightly. "My past relationship was nothing like that. It was like we had a slight crush on each other, knew about it and tried out dating for the heck of it."

"That does sound nice." Wonwoo said flatly.

Mingyu whined, hitting the older's arm with his free hand. "What kind of a reaction was that? Why don't you tell me something about your past relationship too?"

Wonwoo paused, slowing down when Mingyu's building came up ahead. "It wasn't healthy. Seungcheol hyung literally had to punch some sense into me."

"What?" Mingyu said, tugging Wonwoo to a stop. The thought of Wonwoo getting hurt, in any way, made the younger's heart lurch. 

Wonwoo avoided Mingyu's stare. "I looked at him like he was literally the only one I could see. I ignored my friends and things like that. When it ended, I was half dead with the pain, I think." He smiled and finally looked at Mingyu. "Meeting Hansol changed that. He was such a lost kid and I guess he reminded me a bit of myself. I took him under my wing and started functioning again."

"Remind me to thank Hansol then." Mingyu said, the frown still on his face. "A-are you okay now? I didn't like... hurt you when you saw how my friends were right?" Mingyu's eyes widened in alarm. 

Wonwoo chuckled, shaking his head. "Seungkwan and Seokmin are in a relationship too so I'm not new to couples. Jam Jam has a couple special too so yeah." He shrugged. "Nah, if anything, your friends gave me more perspective."

" Perspective about what?" Mingyu asked softly.

Wonwoo pulled his hand so they started walking again. "How different relationships could be for each couple. That's what makes love so hard, isn't it? There's no format to it, no guideline. You just have to hope you're doing the right thing."

Mingyu nodded, stopping once they reached the front of his building. "Do you want to just stay over? I have an extra bed and everything." The invitation made him blush even if sleeping was the only thing on his mind. Maybe not just sleeping then.

Wonwoo chuckled. "I have to get home. I didn't expect to stay out this late and Hansol must be worried. Next time okay?"

"That's a promise then." Mingyu sighed. "Well, good night."

 

Wonwoo disentangled their hands, opening and closing his mouth as if he wanted to say something. Mingyu waited but when it looked like the older really wasn't going to say anything, he turned to walk inside.

 

"Mingyu, wait." Wonwoo said softly, pulling on his arm.

Mingyu raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

The younger gasped when Wonwoo leaned close and whispered into his ear. "Look at me only, okay?"

 

A.N: well.... this became a more sober chapter than I thought. Hahaha 

 

The words just crept to my fingers so yeah.

 

Added a little of Soonhoon because they're adorable and complicated.

Again, thanks to each one of you who's reading this! I love you guys! 

Tell me what you think! X thank you!!