The Showcase

Fall For You

"Are we going, hyung?" Hansol asked all of a sudden.

Everyone turned their heads towards our youngest, clearly confused. Seungcheol raised an eyebrow before turning to me. I shrugged before going back to highlighting my notes. No one else asked about what Hansol had said and had turned back to the books we were reading. Hansol only scoffed, going back to his phone, presumably to text Chan again.

Of course I knew what Hansol was talking about. Tomorrow was Soonyoung's showcase and though I had initially agreed,-mostly because his threat of dragging me by the hair was probably real- I was having second thoughts about it. Yeah, the new gym was huge but attending would mean that we should at least go backstage and congratulate Soonyoung on the job well done and the odds of not seeing Mingyu were slim to none. And I wasn't ready for that. Not now, at least. Maybe a hundred years later, yeah, I would be.

"We should go." Doyoon suddenly spoke, eyes not leaving his books. He muttered under his breath before he lifted his gaze to me. "The thing tomorrow, isn't it Soonyoung's showcase?"

"What showcase?" Seungcheol asked, facing Doyoon since I wasn't responding.

"Soonyoung a.k.a He Who Shall Not Be Named's hyung is having a dance showcase tomorrow. And I know through Jisoo. They've all been very excited of it." Doyoon responded easily.

 Seungkwan nudged me before looking back at Doyoon. "So, why should we go? I thought we were cutting off all the ties to that jerk." I sighed when Seokmin nodded beside him.

"Hyper hyung and hyung are friends. Like, close friends. I'd actually say Soonyoung hyung beats Seungcheol hyung now." Hansol responded with a smirk.

"You're still not funny." Seungcheol said, kicking Hansol's chair. "I still keep the best friend title."

"Wait, so what's my role?" Doyoon suddenly piped in.

"You're still the evil ex." Hansol grumbled. I sighed again. He had actually dubbed Doyoon the evil hyung. Well, at least he was still getting called hyung. It had taken a long discussion with Hansol before that happened.

"Hansol, stop it, okay?" I finally spoke up, leaning on my younger brother. "And, I don't know... Should we? Be honest and tell me that I'm not going to see Mingyu there."

 "You're going to see Mingyu there." Doyoon said, staring right at me. I gave him an unimpressed look. "I'm just saying."

"Shut up, Do. You're dumb." Seungcheol lightly punched Doyoon's arm,making me smile. "But you don't have to go to that showcase if you don't want to, Won. Choose for yourself. Don't let Hansol decide for you."

Hansol whined beside me, scoffing when Seungcheol just glared at him. I sighed again, nuzzling against my brother's shoulder as I thought about it.

I did want to see Soonyoung perform; he'd been buzzing about the showcase ever since they announced that it was a go. It had to be amazing since Soonyoung voluntarily though painfully left Jihoon's side to prepare for it. Of course, I was also curious on seeing Soonyoung dance up on that stage.

But Mingyu was surely going to be there. And it wasn't even because I didn't want to see him that I didn't want to go. It's because of how much I want to see him. I knew that the moment Mingyu just looked at me, I would forget everything, every hurtful thing he had said, every tear I've shed; they wouldn't matter to me. That was what scared me.

"Isn't that unfair to Soonyoung though? He just wanted your support and you won't give it to him for something that wasn't his fault." Jun said quietly. He tilted his head, looking straight at me. "Soonyoung's your friend and the showcase, that's your friend's event, not your ex-boyfriend’s or whatever Mingyu is. Why can't you separate those things? You still talked to Seokmin after his dickwad of a cousin left you."

I stared at Jun, shocked that he was this perceptive, this blunt. Seungkwan and Seokmin stammered out praises on how eloquent he was but he just ignored them.

"So, is there a dress code for this event?" Jun asked, ignoring the cooing beside him.

I guess we were going to that showcase after all.

 --

"You okay, Won?" I looked up from the plate I was washing and met Seungcheol's gaze. He was looking at me worriedly. I felt bad immediately; he's been giving me a lot of those stares recently.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" "You've been staring into space again." Seungcheol sighed, grabbing the rug by the counter as he nudged me out of the way.

"Go lie down. I'll be there soon."

I stared at him as he finished where I left off before doing just what he told me. I closed my eyes as I laid down, listening to Seungcheol move about.

It was just the two of us since Hansol had to pick Chan up from detention. It felt nice being with Seungcheol like this, reminded me of all the times we would hang out together before I met Hansol. I felt my lips tug into a smile at my reminiscing; at least Seungcheol was always there for me.

"Thinking happy thoughts, Won?" I opened my eyes, nodding at Seungcheol.

"I was thinking of you actually. Doesn't this remind you of when we used to hang out before Sol?" Seungcheol smiled, climbing over the bed as he patted his lap. I flashed him a grin, shifting to place my head on his thighs. "I'm not sure if Hansol would like you smiling about that. But yeah, seems familiar doesn't it? You gained weight from then at least."

"Why is me getting heavier such a big deal for you guys? Hongbin hyung wouldn't stop being excited about it too."

"Because you looked like just one gust of wind and you'd fall on your ." I whacked his arm for that but he just ignored me. "Do you want to know what else is familiar in this scene?"

"Hm? What is it?" I asked as I started playing with his fingers.

"You being heartbroken." Seungcheol said, making me halt in my actions. I bit my lip as I continued playing with his fingers.

"That isn't exactly true." I said after a long minute of silence.

 "It isn't exactly a lie either." Seungcheol retorted, his other hand threading through my hair. "You're even heartbroken over a guy that you weren't really dating."

"Seungcheol..." I whined, not really liking to be reminded of that fact.

"Were you that sad that you agreed on fake dating Mingyu? Why didn't you tell us that you felt that way?" I sat up, completely caught off guard by what he said

 "What? No, I wasn't feeling sad or lonely." I explained quickly.

When I had confessed about Mingyu, Seungcheol was too busy comforting me since I was crying. I thought that just like Hansol, he had just accepted what I did so easily. I had no idea that he felt responsible for what I was going through. I sighed as I thought about it more. Of course Seungcheol would find a way to blame himself for this. It was Seungcheol after all.

"You guys really made me so happy already. I would have probably let myself wither off if it wasn't for you." I said, trying to show him how much I meant it. "Seungcheol, please. This wasn't your call." Seungcheol frowned.

"Then why did you do it?" I blushed, remembering how quickly I was attracted I was to Mingyu even in the moment that we had just met. "He was hot, okay? That's all there is to it." I quickly averted my eyes after saying that.

I was afraid that Seungcheol would make fun of me but he didn't say anything. Slowly, I turned to face him, whining when he flicked my forehead. Ugh. I knew I should have just stayed put.

"Not all hot guys are trustworthy." Seungcheol said with a scoff. He pushed my hair out of the way, snickering as he looked at my forehead. "It's really red wow."

 "You did that." I muttered as I pouted.

"Sorry." He chuckled before blowing on the spot. "You know you don't have to, right? I don't want you getting forced into something just because of what Junhui said or because you'll feel bad about Soonyoung. If he's really your friend, he'll understand why you can't be there."

 "I want to though. I want to see Soonyoung dance. He's been bragging about it all this time, the showcase, of course. I want to see it because Jihoon lights up whenever he talks about his boyfriend dancing. This means so much to Soonyoung. I don’t want to ruin it by not showing up.”

“And what are you going to do when you run into Mingyu?” Seuncgheol asked seriously. “It’s not a what-if situation, Won. You know you’ll see him there.”

I nodded because of course, I knew he was right. But the thing was what was I supposed to when that happens? It wasn’t like I could plan out what’s going to happen.

“I don’t know.” I answered in a quiet voice. “What is there for me to do? I’d be lying if I say that I don’t want to see him. Because I do, Seungcheol.” I looked at my best friend, trying to make him understand how torn this whole thing made me feel. “I just want to go up to him right now and hug him and tell him that it’s okay that he can’t admit that he likes me because I know anyway. I don’t care if he can’t say those words to me yet.”

"Like I'd allow that." Seungcheol frowned at me. "You really do like that guy hm?"

"I love him. I love him so much that I'm willing to let this, all of this, just be a part of our history. The moment he apologizes, I'll be ready to take him back."

And I meant every word. I didn't care if it made me look cheap or desperate; I just want to be with Mingyu again. I missed holding him in my arms. I missed all the teasing smiles he would give me, the way he would blush whenever I back. I missed laying around his apartment, content on just basking at his presence. My trip down to memory lane was cut short at Seungcheol’s voice.

"You're so stupid." Seungcheol said, voice uncharacteristically cold. He was glaring at me, making me shrink back under his gaze. "Just like that? You'll take him back just like that? Don't you have an ounce of self-respect, Jeon?! Think back to what he told you. How are you going to just get over those things that easily?"

"Seungcheol.... I...." I stammered, not really knowing what to say. I have never seen Seungcheol this mad before, never had his anger directed towards me.

"Didn't you learn anything at all from being with Doyoon? You need a guy that would cherish you, someone that would make you feel special. You don't need empty words, Wonwoo. You need someone that would treat you the way you deserve to be treated." Seungcheol suddenly got up from the bed, running a hand through his hair. A nervous tic of his. "I'm not going to stay around and see you go through another Doyoon. I love you even if you don't love yourself."

I was watching him with a shocked expression, probably more stupidly shocked than when I saw Soonyoung here. Seungcheol opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but decided against it. The strangest expression crossed his face – a mix of irritation and sadness and something like longing–but it was gone in a flash. He stared at me for a beat longer before walking out without a word.

--

I blindly followed Jun and Hansol as the line moved into the gym. In the end, I decided to go to Soonyoung's showcase just to show some support to Soonyoung. Hopefully this would somehow make up the fact that I had done absolutely bad to Seungcheol. He still hadn’t replied to any of my messages but Doyoon had said he would drag Cheol out of bed today. I just wished he was successful.  

"It's so crowded here. How are we going to find the others?" I asked, frowning when someone bumped into me.

Hansol brought out his phone. "Chan said he was with the hyungs by the west side of the gym. Which is the ing west side?"

"We'll find them. Don't worry." Jun smiled at me, craning his head to look for the others.

We managed to head to the west side of the gym, or at least we hoped it was. None of us was any good with directions so we just ended up moving to where we could.

"Took you guys long enough!" Doyoon exclaimed when we bumped into him. "Come on! It's almost about to start!"

I had just barely caught my breath when Doyoon pulled us to where the others were. Hansol quickly went between Chan and Seungkwan while Jun took the space beside Seokmin. My eyes widened when I saw that Seungcheol was there as well.

"Don't look so shocked, Won." Seungcheol commented.

 "Just.. I'm sorry. You were right." I frowned before hugging him. My body sagged with relief when he hugged me back.

"I'm always right." Seungcheol grinned, throwing an arm around me. "Look at the number of people here! No chance for you to be stupid."

 "Why did all of us have to go again?" Seungkwan whined. "Can we even enjoy the show like this?"

"This is the official dance showcase, right? Then is Minghao hyung going to be performing here?" Chan asked, facing Jun.

My eyebrows rose up especially when Jun started blushing. "Who's this Minghao hyung?"

"He's just...another guy from China;we talked a bit and he mentioned he was going to be performing so I thought why not? You know since we were going to watch Soonyoung anyway." Jun explained but he grew more flustered as he talked.

 "Riiight." Hansol rolled his eyes. "Nice going, babe. What else did hyung tell you about this Minghao hyung?"

"Wonwoo!!"

There was a blur of blonde then Soonyoung was clinging onto me. I groaned under his weight. "Oh my god, Soonyoung. You're heavy."

"Sorry about him." Jihoon smiled apologetically, pulling his boyfriend off me. "Didn't think you'd actually show up, Wonwoo."

"Well..." I smiled, pulling Soonyoung in a one armed hug. "Had to see if his dancing was as good as he said it was."

"It's better! I promise!" Soonyoung chuckled before he turned to Jun. "Oh, you're Minghao's Junhui ge, right? You should talk to him afterwards. He was looking for you earlier."

Jun blushed again, nodding. "Yeah, I will."

"Announcement: if anyone has seen one Kwon Soonyoung, could you please throw him backstage? Soonyoung, get your over here!" Almost everyone around us turned to look at Soonyoung.

"You said the hyungs wouldn't look for you!" Jihoon hissed.

"Heh, I didn't think they would." Soonyoung said with a sheepish smile. Jihoon glared back. "Uh, so I'll see you guys later? Enjoy the show! Let's go, baby!"

 

Jihoon barely managed to shout a bye before Soonyoung was dragging him off. The others were teasing Jun because of this Minghao guy. I grinned, enjoying seeing my usually calm friend getting all flustered. Minghao must be really cute then; Junhui had a weakness for cute things and aegyo after all.

 

Another announcement rang around us, telling the guests that the showcase would start soon since there would be no more delays. I could clearly hear Soonyoung whining somewhere in the background. I grinned at that; Soonyoung was just so dorky sometimes.

 

Of course all thoughts of Soonyoung being dorky flew out of the window when the showcase started. I could barely believe that the guy on stage was the same guy that proudly showed off his hand imitating an octopus. Maybe this was the real Kwon Soonyoung. The showcase started off with a slow, sultry song, almost like it was meant to tease the crowd. The performers stepped on the stage with the same atmosphere, their clothing light and airy. The first dance was almost like a ballet, I was pretty sure it was ballet. The moves looked so elegant, control evident in every move that I felt like I was in some kind of trance. And then Soonyoung was there. I didn’t even think it was possible for Soonyoung to be this graceful but I guess I was very wrong. Soonyoung moved with the kind of ease someone had for doing something they had done for such a long time already. The stage was my friend’s home and I felt a surge of pride of being able to watch Soonyoung like this, of being able to call him as one of my friends.

 

The showcase continued building up tension as the songs changed, the beats getting considerably deeper, the bass thrumming even more. Soonyoung moved through the choreography switches deftly, weaving through them easily. I knew the moment Minghao stepped on the center because Junhui suddenly grabbed my hand, squeezing it and I turned to look at the pride shining in his eyes. Minghao was cute just like I had expected an innocent vibe around him even when he was flipping in the air and did he just wink at Jun? I’m guessing that he did if Jun’s blush was any indication. My attention from Minghao was stolen when I saw Soonyoung stepping on the stage again. He had changed outfits in the short time that Minghao and a bunch of others were b-boying and Soonyoung definitely looked different. He was wearing ripped jeans with a leather jacket thrown over the shirt he was wearing. Definitely badass.

 

The final song was a mix of hiphop and breakdancing. I watched the whole thing with my breath hitched as the song rose and rose to its . When Soonyoung had his solo at the middle, it felt like he really was the only person up there onstage. He commanded and owned the stage completely. The crowd broke into a frenzy when he shouted ‘make some noise!’ after he finished. It was completely and stunningly amazing.

--

Seungkwan and Seokmin had shouted themselves hoarse and were currently complaining about their conditions. Chan was explaining the technical details of each of the dances performed to Hansol who looked like he didn’t understand any of them but was willing to listen. Chan was already decided to go here next school year so I’m willing to bet that he would be joining the showcase sometime next year as well.

 

“Well, I have to say that was really something.” Seungcheol commented, throwing an arm around me.

I grinned at him. “Yeah, Soonyoung was amazing, wasn’t he?” I looked at Jun who was busy looking for someone, presumably Minghao. “Minghao was great too.”

“Of course Hao’s great.” Jun said easily as if out of reflex. He blushed. “Don’t look at me like that!”

I laughed. “You’re just so cute! You better introduce him to all of us. To think I had to find out through Chan!”

“That’s because I thought Chan was a trustworthy dongsaeng.” Jun said, glaring at Chan slightly.

“How was I supposed to know you haven’t told them about Minghao hyung yet?” Chan complained.

“You haven’t told them about me yet?” a quiet voice piped in behind Chan. It was Minghao looking very tired but happy.

Jun blushed heavily, explaining some things in Chinese before he pulled Minghao to his side. “U-uh, Hao, these are my friends. They’re a bunch of liars so don’t believe anything they’ll tell you.”

 

I watched with amusement as our maknae line all pretended to be hurt by what Junhui had said, clinging to Jun while whining. Minghao looked flustered as he tried defending Jun. It was all very cute.

 

I stepped back slightly, content to let the kids interrogate Minghao for now. I have the feeling he would be sticking around for a long time anyway. Seungcheol raised an eyebrow at me, wondering where I would be going probably. I mouthed the word ‘bathroom’ before making my way through the crowd before he decided to come with me.

 

I took a deep breath and began looking for Soonyoung. I wanted to personally congratulate Soonyoung on how well the showcase went and I knew that if I told Seungcheol that, he wouldn’t agree to it or tag along with me. I was a big boy. I could handle myself.

 

It was surprisingly easy to find Soonyoung. Most of the performers had crowded by the stage and even though there had to be more than twenty people surrounding him, Soonyoung was definitely here, if his laughter was any indication. I stood on my tiptoes, looking at all the people surrounding him and wondered how long I had to wait before the crowd would clear out. I was just about to give up and wait it out by the sidelines when someone grabbed my wrist. I looked at the hand holding it, slowly raising my head to meet who it belonged to.

 

It was Mingyu.

 

I felt my body freeze up in shock as I continued to gawk at Mingyu. He wasn’t doing any better than I was honestly. The two of us must have looked stupid, just staring at each other like this but I couldn’t make my body move. My heart stilled for a moment before hammering rapidly. It was embarrassing; I knew that Mingyu could feel my heart race by my pulse but I was still frozen.

 

I knew that I would Mingyu here. I definitely knew that. But what I wasn’t prepared for was on how to handle the situation now that it was staring at me. I wanted to move, to speak, to do anything but my body wasn’t cooperating with me.

 

“Uh, a-are you looking for Soonyoung hyung?” Mingyu finally broke the silence.

I blinked at him dazedly before finally, finally snapping out of it. I nodded but not before pulling my hand away from his hold. “Y-yeah, I want to congratulate him.” I cursed myself at how shaky my voice sounded.

“W-well, Howon hyung and Dongwoo hyung should be almost done congratulating him. The crowd usually comes and goes wherever they are so they’d be gone soon.” Mingyu said almost shyly? It was weird.

“Ah.” I said, not knowing what else to say at this moment. I chose to look at the crowd before hearing Soonyoung loudly call out his goodbyes to Howon and Dongwoo, I’m guessing. I almost wanted to beg them to stay and give me an excuse to just go.

“S-see? Told you so.” Mingyu said. I gave him a glance and saw that he was trying to smile. God, this was just so awkward.

“Hey, Wonwoo!” Soonyoung called out when the crowd was thin enough so we could see each other. He grinned widely, making me smile back at him.

“Hey, Soonyoung. I just wanted to congratulate you.” The grin on his face got wider and I could the tension slowly leaving my body. The Soonyoung effect really. “You were amazing! Why didn’t you tell me you were that awesome?!”

Soonyoung laughed. “You’re going to make me blush, Won!” he laughed some more. “Thank you though! I’m really glad you enjoyed it! Hey, is Minghao with you guys? He just suddenly disappeared on us.”

“Mhm, he’s with Jun and the rest. I just left them to congratulate you.” I nodded back with a genuine smile.

“We’re all going out to celebrate, my treat! You guys should come with us!”  Soonyoung offered with much enthusiasm.

My eyes went to Mingyu who was just watching us with a weird expression. I swallowed, feeling the tension creep back in. “Uh, no thanks, Soonyoung. You guys should have fun on your own.”

“What? But more people make it more fun! What’s the big deal?” He huffed before he turned to Mingyu. He frowned almost immediately. “Ah.”

“Yeah, ah. So I’ll just go.”

“Come with us.” Mingyu suddenly interrupted. He was frowning at me but I knew that look. He was just concentrating.

“W-what?” I stammered out. The two of us were so awkward when there was a crowd around us; I couldn’t even imagine how horrible it would be if our groups were together. God, Seungcheol might kill him.

“You should come with us. I mean, Soonyoung and Jihoon hyung really missed hanging out with you. I know Jisoo hyung misses Hansol too. Plus Minghao seems to really like Jun hyung too so. You should. Come with us, I mean.” Mingyu explained hurriedly. I continued looking at him as if he grew another head.

Soonyoung was smiling at me mischievously which worried me instantly. He threw an arm around me. “Let’s go ask if our elders agree to it, hm?”

--

I had no idea what kind of talk Jisoo and Junghan hyung did with Seungcheol but one way or another, we were all heading to a buffet nearby.

"Why?" I blurted out all of a sudden.

The drive had been very quiet so far except for Jun and Minghao's small chat but that was only because I was trying to find an explanation on why Seungcheol would let this happen. Why the heck would he agree to something like this? Doyoon gave me a glance over the rear view mirror but I ignored the warning in his eyes and continued what I was saying.

“Did you lose your mind, Cheol? You were the one that didn’t want me coming close to Mingyu but now, here we are, on our way to have dinner with him and the others."

"i thought you wanted to see Soonyoung and Jihoon again?" Seungcheol asked voice uncharacteristically quiet.

 "Yes, but not like this! Not now!" I exclaimed.

"When did you plan on doing it then?" Seungcheol said, turning around to face me. “Are you going to keep your friendship with Soonyoung and Jihoon on hold until you could stomach seeing Mingyu? Besides, you wanted to see Mingyu anyway.”

 

There was a punctuated silence after that. What could I say to that anyway? I felt my eyes stinging so I turned away, facing the window as I curled up in a ball. I heard Jun sigh before he leaned on me, one hand patting my thigh as Doyoon began making small talk with Minghao, both obviously very uncomfortable with the situation.

 

God, I hated this.

It didn’t get any better when we arrived at the restaurant either. Seungcheol had stalked off somewhere the moment Doyoon had parked, Jun following right behind him while Minghao looked on with complete confusion. I felt bad for the guy; he didn’t know what was happening but he might end up getting dragged in it.

 

“Seungcheol has gotten so much blunter huh?” Doyoon commented, looking at the direction where the two had disappeared.

I nodded, running a hand through my hair. “I can’t even get mad because what he did say is true. I just…”

“Don’t want to hear it?”

 

I muttered under my breath, not liking the direction of our conversation at all. Doyoon and seungcheol had been like this before, always backing up one another, knowing what the other was trying to do even without explaining it. I just wished that they didn’t pull this weird stuff on me.

 

“Cheol really just has your best interest in heart. He wouldn’t do this if he didn’t think you could handle it.” Doyoon said confidently, waving to Jisoo hyung and Soonyoung as they walked in the restaurant.

 

I wanted to ask him what he meant but Hansol was immediately by my side, looking for Seungcheol and Jun so I was occupied. Doyoon was talking to Soonyoung and Jihoon but I could feel that he was still watching me. I stopped watching Doyoon when Jisoo and Junghan came to view. I felt my heart lurch.

 

“Hey, Wonwoo. It’s been awhile huh?” Jisoo greeted, smile on his face.

I bit my lip, starting to feel teary again as I nodded. “Y-yeah, it has. How are you, hyung?”

“My baby!” Junghan hyung exclaimed before squeezing me in a tight hug.

I sniffed, thankful that I had my face buried in hyung’s shoulder. “Hi, hyung.” I whispered into Junghan’s shirt.

Junghan tightened his hold on me, rocking the two of us gently. “I know it must have been tough for you and I am honestly very surprised that Seungcheol agreed to this but I just want you to know that jisoo and I are still your parents. You can talk to us whenever you like.”

“I know.” I sniffed some more, feeling my tears wet his shirt. “I’m so sorry that I lied to you guys.”

“It wasn’t a complete lie, was it?” Junghan said in that motherly way of his, pulling back and laughing when he saw that I was crying. “Why are you crying, you silly boy? Junghan umma is here for you.”

Jisoo chuckled, handing me a handkerchief. “We missed you, Won. You should come with Hansol the next time he hangs out with us.”

“Chan, whose baby are you?” Junghan called out.

Hansol laughed, taking the handkerchief from me and wiping my eyes. “Junghan hyung had already claimed Chan in the short drive here. I don’t know whether I should comfort him or just be amused at the mean time.”

I let out a snort, turning to see Junghan coddle Chan with Chan blushing and trying to call for help. “You should probably save him?”

“Josh is there.” Hansol said easily, wiping my tears quickly before raising an eyebrow at me. “You okay?”

“Would be if Seungcheol and Jun would come back.” I replied honestly.

“Did something happen in the drive here?”

 

I was about to begin explaining what had happened when Seungcheol and Jun walked in the restaurant. Junhui immediately went to Minghao’s side while Seungcheol went to Seungkwan and Seokmin. Seungcheol’s eyes were a little puffy and red but other than that, he seemed completely fine. Did he cry? I looked at Jun, trying to ask him but his attention was solely on Minghao. I watched as Doyoon approached Seungcheol, the two of them talking in whispers.

 

“Guys, our table’s ready!” Jihoon announced, Soonyoung already skipping inside.

 

I followed after Hansol and Chan, keeping my eye on Seungcheol and Doyoon who were still talking amongst themselves. I kept my eyes forward, pointedly ignoring the eyes on my back.

--

“Are you going to keep ignoring me?”

I jumped slightly when I heard Mingyu speak. I shrugged before going back to washing my hands.

“Wonwoo…” He said, moving closer to me.

“Stop.” I snapped. I glared at him through the mirror and he at least had the gall to look sheepish. I sighed, shaking my hands dry before turning around to face him. “What do you want, Mingyu? You even stalked me to the bathroom.

He blushed, rubbing back of his neck. “Sorry about that.”

“It wasn’t just that, Mingyu.” I deadpanned.

 

Dinner was amicable for the most part. Soonyoung was very excited and it was contagious. He quickly found out that his sense of humor was like Seungkwan’s and Seokmin’s and the three of them kept us very entertained all throughout the different meals. Chan was also teased mercilessly by Junghan with Hansol doing absolutely nothing to help his boyfriend.

 

The only thing that bothered me was Mingyu. I had to wonder on how he ate because I’m pretty sure that his eyes were on me almost for the entire meal. I didn’t know what to feel about his staring either. He had kept quiet during the entire meal, only answering whenever someone directed a question to him but otherwise, he was silent and just watched me.

 

Because Mingyu was staring at me, I was sure that I was blushing throughout the whole meal. It just felt so weird being the object of someone’s sheer focus for a solid length of time and with someone with an intense stare such as Mingyu, it was doubly weird. I felt very flattered but confused at the same time. Why was he staring at me like this?

 

“I wanted to talk to you but you wouldn’t let me.” Mingyu answered quietly.

“Gyu, normal people would go up to me and tell me that they wanted to talk, not stare me down for the whole dinner.” I retorted, rolling my eyes.

I looked at Mingyu who was suddenly blushing, eyes lit up. “You called me Gyu.”

 

It was such a simple thing, a slip of a tongue more than anything really but here he was, blushing and smiling up at me like I had given some kind of amazing gift. My heart started beating faster and I ducked my head to hide my blush.

 

I coughed. “Anyway… uh, w-what did you want to tell me?”

“Jeon Wonwoo, I want you to know that I love you.” Mingyu answered, eyes locked on mine.

 

I felt my heart stop.

``

A.N: you guuuuys!!! Omg I am so so sorry that it took me months LITERAL months to update this. As I have said before, I am a senior in college so wow requirements here and there. At least, I can proudly say that those efforts were all worth it because I am graduating on June 8, 2016 *_* omg!!

 

Here is the update that you guys will hopefully love. I know it’s a cliffhanger but just… soak up in the effect of those words okay?

 

Let me know what you guys think??? X next update will be soon, I swear!!!

I am currently Haikyu (specifically kagehina and bokur(t)o trash so halpp) omg I cant wait to write the next one!!

 

Love you all so so much xx Thank you for being patient with me!!!! <3 <3

 

(i am running out of chapter titles nghhhh) 

P.S: sorry i couldnt describe the showcase well huhuhuhu