Bonus Chapter: SoonWoo

Fall For You

SOONYOUNG

 
Preparing for the dance showcase was taxing in every way. He had started living in the dance studio as he and their choreographers, two graduates, Howon and Dongwoo, racked their heads to make this showcase unforgettable. He had gotten excused from passing plates to his professors with the condition that he do all the work after the showcase was finished, something he was grateful for but wasn't exactly looking forward on doing. To top everything off, living in the studio meant no Jihoon. Of course,he called his boyfriend at least once a day but sometimes, Jihoon was busy and couldn't talk long. Summing it all up, the whole preparation for the showcase drained Soonyoung and made him snappish, which was highly unlike him. 
 
Which was the exact reason why Howon had told him that maybe he should go home for a bit, catch up with Jihoon and all of that. So Soonyoung did just that with the full intention of cuddling with his boyfriend all day long, just completely relaxing and basking in Jihoon's presence. 
 
"Who needs a break anyway?" Soonyoung muttered under his breath as he climbed the stairs to Wonwoo's place.
 
After Mingyu had confessed to them, the odd things that Wonwoo said from time to time finally made sense. Soonyoung had brushed those things aside, thinking that Wonwoo was just being deep for no reason but of course, he should have delved further into it. Wonwoo was giving him hints, trying to confess to him but all he did was turn a blind eye. 
 
"Ugh, I'm so stupid." Soonyoung berrated himself, slapping a hand on his forehead. 
 
He composed himself as he reached Wonwoo's front door. He didn't really know what he was doing here or if Wonwoo even wanted to talk to him again but he had to try. He had gotten really close to Wonwoo; nothing from Mingyu's confession changed that. Taking a breath, Soonyoung knocked on Wonwoo's door. 
 
"Coming!" The door quickly opened, revealing a tired looking Hansol who was staring at Soonyoung like he was a ghost. "Hyper... I mean, Soonyoung hyung.. What are you doing here?" 
Soonyoung looked past the younger. "Is Wonwoo here?"
"I don't think you guys have anything to talk about." Hansol said defiantly. 
"I know all about his... Fake dating thing with Mingyu, okay? Just... I just want to talk to him." Soonyoung sighed. "Please, Sol?" 
Hansol stared at him before letting out a long sigh. "Fine but if you make him cry too, you're leaving." He said as he stepped aside. 
"He's been crying?" Soonyoung asked as he walked inside. 
Hansol scoffed, giving the older an incredulous look. "Your dongsaeng hasn't exactly been waxing him poetry." 
Soonyoung winced, nodding as Hansol led him to Wonwoo's room. "Figured. I'm sorry. Mingyu's a little stupid."
"Try a lot. I don't want your apology, hyung. If that jerk wants to apologize, he can do it by himself." Hansol responded. "Did he tell you guys the big secret or you figured it out on your own?" 
"He told us." Soonyoung said with a sigh. "If he didn't then we wouldn't have known. You saw how they were. How could we have known that it was fake? Everything just seemed so real, so believable." 
Hansol let out a dejected sigh. "That's what hyung thinks as well." 
--
Soonyoung would have laughed at how shocked Wonwoo was when he walked in the other's room if the situation wasn't as tensed as it was. Wonwoo was gaping at Soonyoung like this was all impossible, like he didn't think they would still be able to talk after discovering the truth. It annoyed and made Soonyoung sad at the same time. 
 
"Heyo, Hong Kong." Soonyoung said in an attempt to lighten up the mood.
Wonwoo cleared his throat, leaning further back into the bed. "Why are you here, Soonyoung?" He turned to Hansol. "Why'd you let him in, Sol?"
Hansol frowned. "Because Soonyoung hyung has nothing to do with this. The two of you, well, three actually, Jihoon hyung included, you're all friends for real. You may have met through that jerk but he's not the entire reason you became friends. It's the same with Josh and I." 
Soonyoung nodded though he was secretly marveling at how mature Hansol sounded. He definitely wasn't like that when he was a freshman. "Hansol's right." Soonyoung said as he sat down on the floor. "I'm here to know how my friend is doing."
"He feels like . Now, can you go?" Wonwoo said coldly, turning back to the book he was reading.
Soonyoung sighed, giving Hansol a look while the younger rolled his eyes, nodding towards his hyung. "Wonwoo, I know you feel like . And well, I'm sorry... All those signs before... You were trying to tell me, weren't you? And I just ignored them." 
"It's fine. Now, go." 
"Wonwoo..."
"I said go, Soonyoung! Can you not understand the concept of leaving me alone?!" Wonwoo exclaimed. "You're Mingyu's friend and I really, really don't want to see anything or anyone related to him right now."
"Well, I wanted to cuddle with Jihoon the whole ing day but I'm not having that either, am I?" Soonyoung snapped. "Listen to me, Jeon. I am Mingyu's friend but I'm yours as well. As his friend and hyung, I know that my dongsaeng did dumb, stupid, imbecilous even! But I'm not part of that! If you can't even separate me from him then you're dumb as well!" 
 
Wonwoo stared at Soonyoung, looking like a fish again. Soonyoung sighed, taking a deep breath. He was snapping at a lot of people today. Maybe he really needed some sleep. He was about to apologize for shouting at Wonwoo when he heard laughter. The nerve of this kid. Why was Wonwoo laughing at him?
 
"Yah!" Soonyoung screamed. 
Wonwoo continued laughing even when Soonyoung started choking him. He only stopped when the hold on his neck got tight enough to actually hurt. "Yah, yah, yah. Easy there." Wonwoo said, pulling Soonyoung's hands away. "You can actually choke someone like that."
"That was the intention, . Why are you laughing? Do you know how serious I'm being?"
"Mhm, which is why this is weird." Wonwoo said with a slight smirk, laughing when Soonyoung punched his arm. "Plus imbecilous? Really? I don't think that word exists, Kwon." 
"Shut up, Jeon. No one likes a smartass." Soonyoung scoffed, pushing Wonwoo away. "Hansol, your brother is weird."
"You're not exactly normal, hyung." Hansol said, chuckling. "I guess no one's killing or punching anyone so I'll be off?" He said, looking at Wonwoo. 
Wonwoo smiled, nodding back at his dongsaeng. "We'll let you know if we need saving."
"Come join our bromance, Hansol!" Soonyoung said as he made kissy faces to the younger. 
"Like I said, weird." Hansol chuckled, shaking his head as he headed out of his room. 
 
Soonyoung laughed loudly, stopping only when his cheeks started to hurt. He let out a breath, lying down beside Wonwoo. The two of them didn't say anything for a while, the only sound being the faint music from Hansol's room. 
 
"You're really weird. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting? At your place? With your boyfriend?" Wonwoo asked, propping himself up on a pillow. 
Soonyoung hummed, shrugging. "I did. Yesterday. Then Mingyu made his big confession today and my lovely fairy is hopefully talking some sense into him right now." 
"Jihoon must really be a fairy if he can do that." Wonwoo mumbled.
Soonyoung sighed, turning over to his stomach. "Hey, for real, how are you feeling? Want me to beat Mingyu up?" 
"Shouldn't you be defending him or something? You're a bad hyung. Besides, there's a line for that. I don't even know if Mingyu would be able to stand after Jun is done with him honestly."
"Jun's the cook right?" Soonyoung said thoughtfully before he poked Wonwoo's cheek. "You're still not answering my question."
"I did, earlier. I really do feel like , Soonyoung. I don't know how else to describe it." 
"I'm sorry." Soonyoung held up a hand when Wonwoo started protesting. "I know, I know. Don't apologize for him. Hansol already said that. It's just that I really do feel sorry for you, like even if Mingyu wasn't the one to do this to you. God, I really wish it wasn't him. It would make getting mad at him easier but it is Mingyu. So.. You know. I feel doubly sorry." 
Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "You're so awkward at apologizing but er, thanks, I guess? Your concern sounds sincere enough."
"It is sincere, idiot. Do you not remember how I am always the receiving end for your pining after Mingyu?" Soonyoung teased but made his voice gentler when he saw Wonwoo wince. "He does too, you know."
"Does what?" Wonwoo asked in a pained voice.
"He does pine after you too. He likes you too even if he doesn't acknowledge it." Soonyoung sighed, patting Wonwoo's head.
Wonwoo smiled sadly. "I know. I don't know which is worse, Soonyoung, knowing that he likes me but just doesn't want to admit to himself or him not having feelings for me at all."  
"Definitely the second, you idiot." Soonyoung said. "At least with the first one, you just have to make him admit it."
"Do you not know who Kim Mingyu is? He's so stubborn, Soonyoung. Besides, why doesn't he want to admit his feelings? Am I not worth it?" Wonwoo asked seriously. 
Soonyoung frowned at Wonwoo. "Shut up. You sound dumb. Listen to me. You said you'll be patient and wait for him to actually admit his feelings for you. I mean, yeah, I know that he's an but he really does love you. Once he gets past this, he'll love you like you've never been loved before." 
Wonwoo sighed again, closing his eyes before he nodded. "I sure hope so. I don't want my love experience to just be Doyoon and Mingyu in this state." 
"Man, your love life ." 
"Just because you have Jihoon doesn't mean you can go around boasting it to people. Not like it's even affecting me or something."
"So, you're not jealous? At all?"
".... Okay, fine. I am." 
--
"Thanks for buying us dinner, Soonyoung hyung! It was really delicious!" Hansol said happily as he began clearing the dishes. 
Soonyoung chuckled. "Sure thing. I didn't expect you to be that hungry though."
"I haven't been cooking recently so it's mostly been ramen around here." Wonwoo said with a sigh. "But seriously, you would think I haven't fed you in years." 
 
Soonyoung laughed as he brought his phone out, smiling when he saw the messages from Jihoon. He hummed happily as he replied to them. 
 
"Oh, you guys are going to my showcase, right?" Soonyoung said as he pocketed his phone. 
"Showcase?" Hansol asked curiously. 
"Dance showcase. It's actually why I haven't been around in a while." Soonyoung grinned. "You have to promise me that you guys will be there!" 
Wonwoo frowned, chewing on his lip. "This showcase... Jihoon and the others will be there as well?"
"Well, yeah." Soonyoung pouted. "You have to still go though! The new gym's huge. You won't necessarily have to see each other." 
"But still..."
"Oh come on, Jeon. I went here after I chewed Mingyu out and my Jihoon is finally home, waiting for me so we can have like a proper cuddle night and I am not leaving until you promise me that you're going to my showcase!"
"Then go home to Jihoon already." 
"Jeon ing Wonwoo, I have lived in that studio long enough that I am experiencing boyfriend withdrawals! Junhong even had the audacity to fail his exams so I had to tutor him while dancing! Do you know how difficult it is?! You are going to see my blood, tears and soul on that stage even if I have to drag you there by your hair." Soonyoung hissed. 
Wonwoo merely raised an eyebrow. ".... Alright, fine,geez. You're using big words now." He pursed his lips. "We probably won't bump into each other with all those people there, right?"
"Definitely!" 
 
A.N: bonus chapter because soonyoungxwonwoo bromance is life. In real life and in this story apparently. Just a short one for you guys!
 
I can't wait for the showcase ㅋㅋㅋ a few more before i say goodbye to this baby. Ughhh. I'll probably cry. Or something. 
 
 
Thank you for the amazing response on the last chapter even though I was gone for a while. <3 i love you guys xx.