Birthday Date

Fall For You

Soonyoung wouldn't stop pestering Mingyu about his strangely good mood. His hyung was convinced that he had officially lost it and started lecturing him about actually thinking about organizing the classes he had so he wouldn't have to suffer through five hours of lecture. Their Chemistry professor was not amused at how loud Soonyoung was and threatened to kick them out. 

Mingyu was still smiling widely even when Soonyoung started his monologue about a hyung's duty to make sure of dongsaeng's mental health.

--

The week continued uneventfully. Mingyu organized his notes to avoid a Soonyoung monologue about that too but it wasn't like his hyung had any right to say that. The older's notes had drawings in them that no one not even Jihoon could understand. Soonyoung insisted that he understood it and since he did get good enough grades, it must be true. 

 

"Yeoboseyo~ Babeun mogeonni. Eodiseo mwo haneunji" 

 

Mingyu's head turned to the stage. Jisoo couldn't work that night since Junghan had an exam scheduled on a Saturday of all days and was on the brink of a mental breakdown. Soonyoung was nowhere to be found either but Mingyu wasn't really that surprised. Since his hyung didn't really need the salary from Shining Diamond, he would be absent from time to time for no reason. 

 

Luckily, there were only a few students tonight or Mingyu would have demanded his hyung to come here. He looked at Minhyun, the guy replacing Jisoo for the night and swore he looked familiar.

 

"Everything okay, kid?" Minhyun asked when he sat down on the stool in front of Mingyu. 

Mingyu frowned. "Don't call me kid and have I seen you before? I swear you look familiar." 

Minhyun chuckled. "Maybe because I'm dating the owner?"

"What?!" Mingyu exclaimed.

 

Minhyun laughed loudly and the younger could feel his cheeks heating up. Sure, he and Soonyoung had a running bet whether Jonghyun played for their team or not but they couldn't determine it. The guy usually kept to himself and brought mostly friends to the place from time to time.

 

"What are you laughing so loudly about, Hyun?" Jonghyun suddenly came out of his office.

Minhyun grinned at his boyfriend. "I just told Mingyu that we were dating, Hyun. He looked so surprised. It's adorable!" 

"You call each other Hyun?" Mingyu asked, biting back a smile. 

"Well, we do have Hyun in both our names so yeah." jonghyun shrugged.

 

If Mingyu didn't know Jonghyun, he would think that the older was being non chalant about their relationship but after working at the club for so long he got better at reading people. He could see how his boss would look at Minhyun and fond was almost radiating at the two of them. 

 

"I didn't tell you guys because you and Soonyoung had a bet about me." Jonghyun gave him a pointed stare. "And because I didn't want to rub in the fact that you're single even more. Your friends did that already."

Minhyun's eyes widened. "You're single?! My goodness, the world has gone mad!"

Wonwoo suddenly flashed in Mingyu's mind. "Uh, well..." 

Minhyun squinted his eyes, shaking his head happily. "I know that look. I don't think you have to worry about Mingyu's love life at all, Hyun." 

Jonghyun smirked, throwing an arm around his boyfriend. "Guess you're right."

 

Mingyu wanted to ask what they mean but he felt like he knew the answer anyway. With a smile, he left the two alone and served the customers waiting. 

 

He wondered how the rest of Wonwoo's week was.

--

Mingyu found himself wide awake after getting home from work. Jonghyun had decided to close early since it looked like it would be a slow night and he felt bad for Mingyu. Even when the younger protested,Mingyu found himself being pushed out of the club two hours before his shift had ended. Usually, he would be glad for it and use the time to sleep but it looked like sleep was evading him. 

 

His thoughts were plagued by images of studying in the library with soft music playing and walking to the Chemistry building and that look.

 

"Ugh, shut up and sleep, brain!" Mingyu groaned. 

 

He eyed his phone. Just one message. If he didn't reply, Mingyu would go to sleep. That was more likely since it was almost two in the morning and most people would be enjoying the peaceful night to sleep.

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice

You awake?

 

Mingyu hit send before he could think about it more. As seconds ticked by and only the sound of his bedroom clock could be heard, he felt even more stupid. Of course Wonwoo was asleep. He was so immersed in his thoughts that he jumped when his phone rang. 

 

"Hello?" Mingyu asked slowly, quite unsure if he was dreaming or not.

"Hey there, Mingyu." Wonwoo whispered. His voice was even deeper in the morning; it was so unfair. "Why are you awake?"

"Couldn't sleep, I guess." Mingyu chuckled. "Did I wake you? Sorry."

"Nah, I was awake." Wonwoo replied. The younger could hear some gentle rustling of blankets and he imagined the other getting up.

"Liar. Your voice is deeper. I woke you up." Mingyu said, closing his eyes. "You should have just ignored my text."

"Sounded pretty sad." Wonwoo answered. "Besides, Hansol is still up. What the heck? Hold on."

 

Mingyu nodded even if the other couldn't see him. He could hear Wonwoo asking someone, Hansol probably, and the third person's voice was deep too. Could this Hansol guy be Wonwoo's actual boyfriend? The thought gave a pang to Mingyu's heart. 

 

"Mingyu, sorry for the wait. Hansol's so stubborn. There's still later today and tomorrow to finish his homework but he insists on being difficult." Wonwoo muttered.

The younger chewed on his lower lip. "Want to go to sleep already?" 

"No, I want to talk to you." Wonwoo said softly.

Mingyu groaned. This guy was going to be the death of him and he didn't even mind. "Are you always like this?"

"Hm? Like what?" 

"This.. flirty and cheesy and stuff." Mingyu muttered. 

Wonwoo gave him a low chuckle. "I don't know about cheesy but is flirty even a real word?"

"You know what I meant!" Mingyu huffed. "I bet you're like this with all the guys."

The older gave a thoughtful sound. "Not really. I'm only like this to cute guys that walk into library doors."

"That was mean!" Mingyu whined though it came out pretty weak. The protest died in his throat when he heard Wonwoo call him cute.

Wonwoo laughed. "It did happen though. You're lucky I stopped you or that would have been one nasty bruise."

"Oh please, my handsome face will not be harmed by just one teensy bruise. If anything, it'll just make me look badass." Mingyu retaliated. He wasn't that embarrassed anymore since he was getting comfortable with the older. 

"Can't argue with that now, can I?" Wonwoo said playfully. "I can't say much about your modesty though."

"I'm modest but I'm also honest." Mingyu blinked. "Hey! That rhymed! That could be like my motto or something!"

 

Wonwoo started to laugh again and they continued to banter like that until Mingyu saw that it was already 3 in the morning. He wondered if the older wasn't sleepy yet. They continued talking for a few more minutes before Wonwoo started yawning which made Mingyu yawn as well. Neither of them brought it up though and they continued their conversation. When Mingyu's eyes started to droop however, he knew that he had to end the call or he'll fall asleep on the line. 

 

He would probably end up snoring or worse, talk about Wonwoo while he slept. Neither of the two seemed appealing.

 

"Mingyu, you still there?" Wonwoo asked, yawning again.

"Huh? Oh uh yeah. A bit? Hm.. " mingyu mumbled. Sleep was already coating his voice. 

Wonwoo chuckled. "Alright, sleepyhead. I think we should call it a night."

"What? Who's a sleepyhead? I'm not sleepy.not sleepy at all." Mingyu yawned.

"Whatever you say. Go to bed, Mingyu." Wonwoo said softly.

"'M already in bed." The younger said, pulling up his blanket.

 Wonwoo hummed. "Close your eyes."

"Done."

"Now go to sleep and dream of me. Goodnight, Mingyu ah." 

 

Mingyu smiled sleepily, nodding and mumbling a small goodnight as well. He did as he was told and needless to say, he had the best sleep in a long time.

--

Mingyu looked at the sign of Jam Jam and wondering what he was doing for the nth time. It was Wonwoo's birthday and he had really wanted to do something for the older so there he was. He wasn't even sure if the older worked at that time but he couldn't ask directly. It was supposed to be a surprise after all. 

 

"Welcome to Jam Jam! What would you like to have?" A guy with the name tag Mink I asked Mingyu. 

Mingyu shook his head, looking around. "I'm waiting for someone? I'll call when I have an order." 

Minki looked at him annoyed. "We have quite a busy day today so text your date to hurry the hell up." He rolled his eyes before leaving. 

 

Mingyu nodded, gulping loudly. He looked around again, eyes combing the crowd for Wonwoo. Like Minki had said, Jam Jam was pretty packed today and there were more waiters now compared to when he was last here. He finally spotted Wonwoo but it looked like the guy had his plate full. He was writing furiously on his notepad before rushing off to the kitchen. Mingyu felt bad for the birthday boy. Soon enough, Wonwoo emerged from the kitchen holding g at least five plates. They were piled up pretty precariously as well. 

 

"Ahhh!"Wonwoo closed his eyes as at least two plates fell from his grip.

Mingyu caught the plates that fell. "Easy there." He winked, mirroring what Wonwoo did for a week ago. 

"Mingyu?!" Wonwoo exclaimed.

 

It was like the table was turned and Mingyu was the more confident one. Wonwoo was flustered as he placed the orders on the proper table. Mingyu placed the food he's carrying on the table as well, winking at the girls who giggled madly. Another huge order came out and Wonwoo stopped trying to push Mingyu back to his table and just allowed the help. 

 

"Hyung, some guys asked for a recommendation and I don't know what to say?" A guy with foreign features asked as Wonwoo and Mingyu were taking orders.

Wonwoo flashed the guy a smile. "Banana and chocolate chip pancakes with some orange juice." 

"Mhm, alright." The guy looked at Mingyu, raising an eyebrow but left without saying anything else.

 

Mingyu wanted to question the guy or at least Wonwoo but more customers were coming in. The questions would have to wait until later.

 

Approximately an hour later, the rush of customers died down and orders could be handled a lot easier. Wonwoo and Mingyu collapsed down at an empty booth, panting a bit. They looked at each other before bursting into laughter. 

 

"You didn't tell me how tiring working at Jam Jam was." Mingyu said once they've calmed down.

Wonwoo chuckled. "It's almost never like this. There's just a new flavor out today" he shrugged. "I wasn't even supposed to be working today." 

Mingyu breathed a quiet thanks to the new flavor. "Well, it looked like they needed everyone they could get." 

The foreign guy that Mingyu saw earlier came to them before sitting down on Wonwoo's lap. "Hyuuung! What the heck was that? I've never seen so many people trying to eat pancakes."

 

Mingyu was full on staring. They looked so comfortable with the position that this couldn't have been the first time they did it. There was even a fond smile playing on Wonwoo's lips.

 

Now that Mingyu could see the guy properly, he was sure that the guy was American or had American blood. His skin was fair and smooth looking. What made Mingyu gawk was his eyes though. The guy had such beautiful eyes. 

 

"Well, Jam Jam is known for its pancakes after all. Sorry I had to wake you up though. Still sleepy?" Wonwoo asked, playing with the other's hair.

The guy's eyes lit up. "Can I sleep again, hyung?" 

"Yeah, course." Wonwoo chuckled before he noticed how Mingyu was quiet. "How rude. Sorry. Mingyu, this is my dongsaeng, Hansol." 

Hansol looked at Mingyu, mumbling a shy. "Hi."

"Hi, Hansol ssi." Mingyu answered back. So this was the Hansol guy.

Wonwoo patted Hansol's head. "He's shy around new people. He'll warm up to you soon enough."

 Hansol stared at Mingyu. "Wait, you're Mingyu? You're the 2 AM caller?"

"Oh my god, Hansol!" Wonwoo groaned, blushing.

Mingyu felt his own cheeks heating up as he nodded slowly. "Yeah, that's me. You're the guy that's still working on his homework at two in the morning."

Hansol smiled shyly. "I wanted to get high marks." 

 

Mingyu smiled. Hansol was a mix of cute and handsome but more of an endearingly cute kid. He could see why Wonwoo would like a guy like him. Plus, the kid was an achiever too compared to Mingyu's 'as long as I don't fail' attitude.

 

"Hansol, you should call Mingyu hyung. He's a year older than you." Wonwoo admonished. "And he is your hyung's boyfriend." 

 

Mingyu's jaw dropped. Wonwoo just introduced him as his boyfriend. That meant he and Hansol weren't dating! Mingyu was pretty sure that he had a wide smile on his face but Wonwoo just called him his boyfriend publicly to someone he obviously cared for. He might suddenly break into a song number here.

 

 Hansol grinned, offering his hand to Mingyu. "I knew something was up. Take care of my hyung, Mingyu hyung."

Mingyu nodded, mind still a little goofy. "Got it, Hansol. Don't worry." It felt weird shaking hands with someone younger but he didn't really care.

Wonwoo was smiling at the two of them before he patted Hansol's thigh. "Alright, now you met him. Go back to bed. You still have classes later."

"Got it." Hansol answered in English before standing up and kissing Wonwoo's cheek. "Happy birthday, hyung." 

 

Now that Mingyu knew Hansol wasn't Wonwoo's boyfriend, he found the action cute and very brotherly. He suddenly wished that he had a dongsaeng as well. His hyungs sure didn't pamper him like that. Though it would be weird if Jihoon pampered a giant like him. He almost laughed out loud as he imagined sitting on Jihoon's lap.

 

Hansol waved at the two of them as he left the building. Mingyu found himself staring with Wonwoo to make sure that the youngest crossed the street safely. He was nearly hit by a bike but luckily, he avoided it. As if feeling eyes on him, he turned to face Jam Jam and waved at the two of them again but with an eye roll before going on his way.

 

"Aish, this kid." Wonwoo chuckled as Hansol disappeared from sight.

Mingyu nodded. "That bike could seriously hurt him!"

"He's stubborn like I said." Wonwoo sighed before tilting his head at Mingyu. "Did you want something? I don't think you came here to work as a waiter for the day."

"It was for like two hours, excuse me." Mingyu beamed. "I actually came here to greet you a happy birthday." 

Wonwoo's eyes widened and pink was starting to dust his cheeks. "You remembered." 

"Of course I did." Mingyu reached into his pocket. "Give me your hand."

 

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow but held out his hand. Mingyu smiled at him, putting on the leather bracelet he had bought for the older. It was a simple brown leather bracelet with a few studs. It had caught Mingyu's eye when he was looking around downtown and Wonwoo just popped in his mind. 

 

"It's not much. Like money wise and .. size wise? But you know..." mingyu blushed as he pulled his hand back.

Wonwoo inspected the bracelet before smiling widely. "I love it."

"Really?" 

The older nodded. "I do. Thank you, Mingyu. I'll make sure to wear it all the time."

 

Mingyu smiled back, feeling immensely proud of himself. The two of them just sat there looking at each other before Wonwoo offered to treat the younger since it was his birthday. Mingyu was about to call another waiter but the older quickly shook his head, grabbing Mingyu's hand to lead him out of Jam Jam. They walked around for a while, the younger fully conscious of their still interlocking hands. In the end, they decided to eat some samgyupsal. 

 

"I couldn't stand the sight of another pancake,sorry." Wonwoo said after they had ordered.

"Mocking your workplace, nice." Mingyu chuckled.

"Try working there everyday." Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "Any classes today?"

"My professors felt generous today and gave us a free day." Mingyu grinned. "I have work later on tonight though."

Wonwoo hummed. "When am I going to meet your friends by the way?"

Mingyu choked on air. "Well... we need to set our story straight first like where did we first meet, who asked who out, how long have we been going out and more embarrassing things." 

"Are your friends really that curious?"  

"Yes. Jihoon hyung might even learn your schedule." The younger blushed. "I'm sorry about them in advance. Junghan and Jisoo hyung are nice though. They tend to act like my parents sometimes. Like super sometimes."

Wonwoo tapped his fingers on the table. "Okay. So where did we meet?" 

"I think meeting in the club is okay and more believable." Mingyu nodded, smiling as he remembered how they met. 

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Mingyu bit his lip, thinking about it. "I havent really thought about it. Do you?"

"I don't but are you that kind of romantic? I mean, do your friends think you are?"

 

Mingyu knew his friends must think he's some sort of cynic but he couldn't blame them. They hadn't known him when he was in a relationship after all. He wondered what his ex would say, probably that he was unfeeling still. He looked at Wonwoo. He could definitely fall in love at first sight with the guy but it wasn't really just his looks that captured him. 

 

"No, I didn't fall in love with you like that. I fell in love when you were walking me home and we shared earphones and you started singing along without noticing it." Mingyu stated, sort of in a trance. He could see the scene in his head clearly.

"Yeah?" Wonwoo whispered. 

"Mhm. Our first date would be in my apartment and we would just be lazing around, watching movies." 

Wonwoo chuckled. "You don't know how much that sounds like me. My friends call me a sloth." 

"You don't look lazy to me." 

"You see me at my best, luckily." Wonwoo winked at him.

 

The food arrived shortly after that and their conversation drifted to Mingyu's friends and all the basic things that Wonwoo would need to know about them. Just like before, Mingyu really enjoyed the meal and he didn't mind that he was talking more. He knew that Wonwoo was listening; he didn't have to worry about boring the other. 

 

"I hate to cut this short but I have class an hour from now and I'd love to showed first." Wonwoo said with obvious hesitation.

Mingyu nodded. "It's alright. We got the story down at least." 

Wonwoo nodded, getting up to pay before coming back. "Alright, lead the way."

"Lead the way where?" 

"Your place, silly." 

"What?" 

"Since our first date was there, I should know where it was right?" Wonwoo smiled at him.

 

That made sense so Mingyu led the way back to his place. The walk was quiet again before Wonwoo suddenly grabbed the younger's hand and held it tightly. Mingyu's heart was threatening to break out of his chest for the rest of the walk. When they stopped in front of Mingyu's place, the younger looked at their hands, raising an eyebrow at Wonwoo.

 

"So, this is your place." Wonwoo smiled. "It seems nice."

"It is. Well, except when the neighbors start fighting. The walls are pretty thin and a lot of yelling could be heard easily." Mingyu shrugged.

" My poor baby." Wonwoo pinched his cheek, exhaling as he separated their hands. Mingyu nearly whined from the loss of contact. "I better go. I have to make sure Hansol wakes up for his class too." 

"Yeah, course." Mingyu said. His voice sounded sad in his own ears. He cleared his throat before putting on a smile. "Happy birthday, Wonwoo." 

"T-thank you." Wonwoo smiled shyly before walking away.

 

Mingyu went inside his place and immediately laid down on his bed. There were so many things that happened on the short time that he and Wonwoo were together that his mind was chaotic. He had met Hansol, the guy who he had originally thought to be Wonwoo's boyfriend but then Wonwoo introduced him as the boyfriend. He had gotten an approval sort of from Hansol and Mingyu had gotten himself a new dongsaeng. He and Wonwoo came up with the idea of 'how they got together' too.

 

Honestly Mingyu was surprised at how easy it was to make the story with Wonwoo. It was almost like they were just doing a prank on his friends and he guessed it was sort of like that. Even more surprisingly was how easy it was to be with Wonwoo. He looked at his hand, remembering how it felt when it was linked with Wonwoo's. It felt natural and so right. 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice

Thank you for today Mingyu

Best birthday ever

xxxx

 

Mingyu furrowed his brows. There was that x again. He still had no idea what that meant so he finally gave in and asked his hyung.

 

 To: Jisoo hyung

 What does x mean in texting?

 

 From: Jisoo hyung

 It's a kiss

Someone's texting you that???

 

Mingyu decided not to reply to that anymore since he was busy squealing into his pillow. Wonwoo had been sending him kisses all this time and he didn't know! This guy was going to be death of him and they weren't even really dating. Maybe Wonwoo was a natural flirt. Well two could play that game.

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice

I'm glad you had fun ;)

I did too

Happy birthday Wonwoo x

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice

Finally! 

Time for class.

Laters,baby x

 

From: Soonyoung hyung

 Jisoo said someone was kissing you?!!

Is this consensual?! Do you need hyung to protect your virtue?!

 

From: Junghan hyung

 DOES MY BABY HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!

TELL ME!! WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE?!!!

OMG ARE YOU BEING SAFE?!

 

From: Jihoon hyung

 So.....

No to blind date number 3?

 

To:Jihoon hyung

My boyfriend would appreciate that ;)

 

 

 

 

 

A.N: Happy birthday, Jeon Wonwoo!!! <3 

I'm not so sure about this chapter but at least the guys know about Mingyu's boyfriend now. 

Thank you for subscribing. <3 i'd love to hear what you guys think so please leave a  comment ^-^