Le Drive

Fall For You

A.N: this chapter and probably the next one too(probably) will be from Doyoon's POV ^-^ I know I've only changed POVs for bonus chapters but it wouldn't make sense for this to be from Mingyu's POV since he didn't come to Changwon. Sooo yes, enjoy~ 

 

When Wonwoo had agreed to ride to Changwon with him, Doyoon felt the hope inside him burn even brighter. The trip back to their hometown took four hours by bus, maybe they could reduce an hour with his car, but either way, this was his golden opportunity to talk to Wonwoo without him being a nuisance like how he had been in Jam Jam. The only downside was Seungcheol was there. The other would probably do anything to prevent Doyoon from talking to the younger. They would probably end up arguing then. 

 

"Doyoon, fighting!" He told himself as he was packing his things. He wasn't going to give up just because of Seungcheol.

--

When Friday night rolled in, Doyoon felt restless. Mingyu usually worked Friday nights so he had to entertain himself with something else because Jihoon had apparently banned him from coming to Shining Diamond. Doyoon was used to being alone on Friday nights but he had overheard Wonwoo and Mingyu earlier. Wonwoo had been giggling beautifully, eyes being covered by Mingyu for some reason. Doyoon would never admit it out loud but Wonwoo looked so happy with Mingyu. There was this glow in the younger that hadn't been there before. 

 

Luckily, the two of them went in Mingyu's unit quickly and Doyoon went back to his own, playing a loud movie as if it would block out his thoughts. The fact that Wonwoo was so close by but wasn't with him instead was with another man was driving him up the wall. He didn't want to imagine Mingyu and Wonwoo being domestic together, didn't want to think about Wonwoo cooking for the younger or doing something even more because in his mind, those are still his; those moments should only be his. He should be the one making Wonwoo giggle like that, the one to eat whatever the younger cooked and the one to hold him until he fell asleep.

 

But it was Mingyu. And Doyoon knew he didn't have anyone to blame but himself. 

--

Doyoon had woken up way before his alarm went off. He had tossed and turned all night and somehow he wished he had just given up on sleep altogether rather than have this grogginess. He quickly got ready, packing some energy drinks. It wouldn't be much of an impression if they got into an accident just because he was sleepy. He wondered if Seungcheol was already up, knowing that the other had the tendency to oversleep. He decided to send him a text on the off chance that Cheol hadn't changed numbers yet. 

 

To: Cheol

Ya, pabo

 Get your up

Don't wanna be late

 

From: Cheol

The ?

Why do u still have my number? 

 

To: Cheol

So do you, idiot

 

Doyoon hummed to himself as he made breakfast. So Seungcheol still had his number, how interesting. Doyoon knew that Wonwoo agreeing to ride with him had more to do about him and Seungcheol becoming friends again than anything else. He still knew Wonwoo the best after all. Maybe that didn't seem too hopeless then. 

--

"I could hear your stomach grumbling. What, did you wake up, shower then run here?" Doyoon said as he saw Seungcheol leaning against Mingyu's door.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "You really do live just across Mingyu. Shut up. It's too early to deal with you." 

"You replied to me this morning." Doyoon pointed out. 

"Like I said, shut up. I was half asleep." 

"You could just admit that you missed me even just a bit you know." Doyoon teased, gently nudging Seungcheol. 

"Don't come near me." Seungcheol hissed. "I'm riding with you because Wonwoo has this crazy idea."

"Idea of us becoming friends? Come on, Cheol. It's Won. You know how nice he is. He doesn't do things for no reason."

"Yeah and look where that got him." 

Doyoon chuckled. "I'll take what I can get at this point actually." 

Seungcheol stood up straighter, raising an eyebrow. "Really? Will you be contented with just this? Last time I checked you didn't do too well with sharing Won's attention."

 

Doyoon gasped slightly at the sudden attack, hands balling into fists at his sides. That was a low blow and Seungcheol knew it. His possessiveness with Wonwoo had been a joke between them before until it had gotten out of hand and Doyoon could no longer tolerate anyone else touching his boyfriend. Seungcheol had been open about his distaste for what Doyoon was doing but it didn't deter him. 

 

Now that Doyoon had gone away, he had gotten some perspective on his relationship with Wonwoo and had realized that he may have gone overboard with his possessiveness. It was why he wanted the second chance with Wonwoo;so he could treat the younger the way he should be loved and cared for. He just needed the chance so he didn't appreciate Seungcheol shoving his past mistake at him. 

 

Luckily, Wonwoo and Mingyu had come out before their glares to each other could become something more physical. Wonwoo had seen them glaring at each other judging by the sigh that he let out. It really was too early to make such a beautiful face sigh. 

 

He bounded over, smiling cheerfully. "Morning, sweetheart."

" Don't call him that. Get it through your head." Seungcheol muttered.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "Morning, hyungs." 

 

Mingyu didn't say anything but he pulled Wonwoo closer to his side. Doyoon squinted at the hand by Wonwoo's shoulder and the exposed collarbones with obviously freshly made marks. He swallowed down the anger he was feeling; Mingyu was still technically dating Wonwoo so he had the right to mark Wonwoo if he wanted to. It didn't mean it was completely okay with Doyoon though. 

 

"I call shot gun." Seungcheol announced after Doyoon had led them to his car. 

"Really?" Doyoon asked in surprise.

 Seungcheol just glared at him, looking at Mingyu and Wonwoo as if daring them to say anything. Wonwoo just gave him a grin. 

"Right. We're off. See you, Gyu." Doyoon said as he opened the door for Wonwoo. He couldn't wait to have Wonwoo for himself. "In you go, sweetheart." 

 

Doyoon tactfully ignored what Seungcheol had said and the face that the other had given him. He was determined to talk things through with Wonwoo this weekend and that meant getting past Seungcheol. What he couldn't ignore though, no matter how much he wanted to, was seeing Wonwoo hug and kiss Mingyu right in front of him. Anger boiled in him when he saw Wonwoo wearing the jacket that had 'Kim' at the back so when they hugged, he started coughing then flashed Mingyu an innocent smile. 

 

"So we all set?" Doyoon asked as he started the car. 

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "Just drive already."

"I'm good to go." Wonwoo answered though his eyes lingered outside the window to Mingyu. 

 

Doyoon sighed before driving away. The car was silent, too silent so he decided to play some music. He popped in one of his old CDs, one that he and Seungcheol used to sing along with. Judging by Seungcheol squinting at him, he remembered too. Doyoon glanced at the rearview mirror and saw that Wonwoo was already beginning to doze off. Soon enough, Wonwoo was completely asleep, curled up against the window and Doyoon smiled at how cute he was. 

 

"Stop staring at him. It's creepy." Seungcheol muttered. 

Doyoon hummed. "What can I do? He's cute." 

"And has his own boyfriend now. Are you going to keep forgetting that?" 

"I don't know." He admitted. "Sometimes, it's hard to forget especially when I see the hickeys he has." 

Seungcheol glanced back at Wonwoo. "The two of them like marking each other. I just hope he's not possessive like you." 

"Are you going to keep shoving that in my face? What, is that the only insult you have?" Doyoon exclaimed, sighing in exasperation. 

The other smirked. "Why? Is it getting to you?" 

"If anyone knows what ticks me off, it's you so don't even ask." Doyoon huffed. "Quit it yeah?"

"I thought I knew you best too. Then you decided to walk out on us and everything I knew just sort of disappeared." 

Doyoon turned to him, gaping at what Seungcheol had said. "C-cheol...." 

 

A loud honk from their right made them jump and the driver shouted some profanities about Doyoon's driving skills. Doyoon rolled his eyes, apologizing half heartedly as he let the other car overtake him. The commotion had apparently woken Wonwoo up and the younger was groaning while rubbing his head. 

 

"You okay, Won?" Seungcheol asked,frowning as he turned around. 

Wonwoo sighed. "I guess so. I just hit my head when that guy honked at us. What happened?" 

Doyoon smiled at him sheepishly. "Just got distracted. I'm sorry, sweetheart. Does your head hurt that much?" 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "Stop calling me sweetheart already. My head's fine though." 

"Don't talk to this creep. He was watching you sleep." Seungcheol pointed out.

Wonwoo gave Doyoon a skeptical look through the rearview mirror to which the older just shrugged. "I stand by my point. You're cute and I like appreciating good things." 

"Don't even answer that." Seungcheol said when Wonwoo opened his mouth to retort. "But hey, do you have any food on you? I'm starving." 

"Already?" Wonwoo asked as he opened his bag. 

"The idiot didn't eat breakfast." Doyoon answered, groaning when Seungcheol punched his shoulder. "That hurt, you idiot!" 

"Don't answer for me!" Seungcheol exclaimed. "Anyway, food please." 

Wonwoo handed a couple of sandwiches to Seungcheol, an unexpectedly pleased expression on his face. "Here you are." 

"What's with the look?" Seungcheol asked as he started eating. "What's going on in that mind of yours, Jeon?" 

Wonwoo hummed, looking out the window with a pleased expression. "This just reminds me of how you guys were before."

--

It didn't take long for Wonwoo to fall back asleep after he and Seungcheol argued about what he had said earlier. Doyoon had just kept quiet but he had listened carefully and concluded that Wonwoo was right.

 

Sungyeol, Doyoon's older brother, always allowed him to borrow his car as long as he returned it in perfect condition. This would then lead to random road trips with Seungcheol and sometimes, Wonwoo and some other people. Arguing was sort of their best friend thing and it had made their other friends not want to join them on their roadtrips since the two of them could be very loud but Wonwoo found it cute. 

 

Doyoon peeked at Wonwoo through the rearview mirror again, mentally noting that this used to happen a lot too. Seungcheol had mercilessly about it then, calling Doyoon a lovesick puppy. Wonwoo usually noticed him looking by then and the younger would give him a shy smile, making him grin. It was slightly disorienting how similar the setting was with very different situations.

 

"Quit it. Won's going to get nightmares." Seungcheol hissed as he punched Doyoon's shoulder.

 Doyoon retaliated with a backhand smack on the other's chest. "Stop being jealous. Why don't you just go sleep or something? That way I can look at Wonwoo peacefully."

"You'll probably drop me off somewhere and kidnap Wonwoo if I do." Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "Aren't you even creeped out or embarrassed by what you're doing?"

"Not really." Doyoon shrugged. "Aren't you getting tired from lying to yourself?" 

"I'm not lying though." 

"About your feelings?"

"What feelings?" Seungcheol scoffed, looking out of the window.

" You still like Wonwoo don't you?" Doyoon asked, giving Cheol a side eyed glance. 

 

Seungcheol didn't say anything, just punched Doyoon again and that was an answer itself. Doyoon felt bad for Seungcheol; all this time, he had stayed by Wonwoo's side and quietly loved the younger. He didn't know if he could handle being with the younger for that long and hold his feelings in. Seungcheol had always been more mature in that aspect though, knowing when to fight for something and when to keep his emotions in check. 

 

"Must be hard on you." Doyoon murmured quietly. 

Seungcheol scoffed. "Don't try and empathize. I don't want your sympathy too."

"Jeez, I'm just saying that the situation is hard for you. I know you don't want pity or anything. That's not your kind of thing." 

"Good." 

Doyoon hummed, driving quietly for a while. He chewed on his bottom lip as he contemplated whether he should ask or not. "So, you're never going to admit it?"

"Drop it." Seungcheol pointed at a gas station. "We need to refill." He raised his voice. "Won, get up."

"He's not going to wake up from just that." Doyoon rolled his eyes as he got in line. "You have to shake him." 

Seungcheol did just that, chuckling when Wonwoo kicked his hand. Doyoon smiled fondly at the disoriented look on the younger's face, hopping out of the car to fill up some gas. Seungcheol headed off to the bathroom just as Wonwoo stumbled out of the car sleepily. The younger blinked as he took in his surroundings, staring at Doyoon with a cute pout.

 

"We're not at Changwon yet." He whined. 

Doyoon chuckled. "No, we're not."

"Then why did you wake me up?" Wonwoo huffed. "I was sleeping peacefully."

"Cheol woke you up, not me." Doyoon pointed out, ruffling Wonwoo's hair. "Sorry to wake you up, sweetheart. You could walk around first or buy something at the convenience store." 

"My hair!" Wonwoo whined even louder, making Doyoon laugh. "Don't laugh at me!"

"You're too adorable, sorry." 

 

Wonwoo stuck his tongue out, walking off to the convenience store. Doyoon smiled to himself as he continued filling up the car with gas. When it was full, he moved the car to the side, following Wonwoo into the convenience store. 

 

"Hiya!" Doyoon screamed after sneaking from behind. 

Wonwoo jumped, hitting Doyoon afterwards. "Yah! Don't do that!"

"Too cute sorry." Doyoon grinned sheepishly. "Anyway, why are you taking so long?" 

"I couldn't find any plain salted chips. Everything's flavored." Wonwoo answered, going back to digging through the shelves. 

Doyoon hummed, looking around as well. "I still think cheese is the best but plain salted it is." 

 

Wonwoo lightly hit his arm before resuming his search. Doyoon chuckled as he watched the younger mutter under his breath. The guy at the cashier was watching the two of them as they emptied out the shelves, different kinds of chips scattered everywhere. Doyoon was about ready to give up when he finally found one plain salted at the very back of the shelf.

"Hey, found it!" Doyoon exclaimed, proudly showing it to Wonwoo.

Wonwoo's eyes lit up as he took the chips from Doyoon. "Thank you, Doyoon!" 

 

Doyoon froze, feeling his face heat up as he took in the smile Wonwoo was giving him. This was the first time that the younger had smiled at him like that since he came back, granted it was because of him finding chips but the reason wasn't important for him right now. Doyoon nodded slowly, grabbing random chips as he took the one Wonwoo was holding. 

 

"I-I'll pay for them." Doyoon berated himself for stuttering. 

"You okay?" Wonwoo asked, tilting his head. 

"F-fine." The older cleared his throat, gesturing to the mess they made. "I'm fine but do you mind cleaning this up? I think the cashier wants to kill us."

"Oh." Wonwoo glanced behind Doyoon, smiling apologetically at the cashier. "Alright. I'll just pay you back later." 

Doyoon rolled his eyes as he got up, lightly hitting Wonwoo with the chips. "Shut up." 

 

With that said, Doyoon headed to the cashier, mentally berating himself for getting that flustered after one smile. Even now, his heart was still pounding and he's pretty sure that he was blushing as well. The cashier looked at his purchases with a frown, looking back at Wonwoo who was cleaning up their mess before sighing deeply. 

 

"You're lucky your boyfriend is cute otherwise I would've kicked you out." The cashier said as he took the payment. 

"I, uh, we're sorry for the trouble." Doyoon spluttered, cheeks tinting even more.

"Whatever, go help your boyfriend." The cashier said dismissively, rolling his eyes when Doyoon bowed again. 

 

Wonwoo didn't need his help according to the younger. He was pretty much done after Doyoon had paid so the older didn't push it and was contented on observing the other, something he hadn't really allowed himself to do. 

 

There were subtle changes from the Wonwoo now to the Wonwoo two years ago. Wonwoo had always been skinny but now, he had put on some muscles so he didn't look too gangly with his long limbs. His jaw had defined even more but it wasn't just his looks that changed. Wonwoo was now emitting a manly aura, like he could take care of himself and his movements spoke of a quiet confidence that wasn't there before. When Wonwoo stood up after finishing, Doyoon stepped back, swallowing thickly because how could he not notice how tall Wonwoo was now? Maybe it was because Mingyu was mostly beside Wonwoo when he saw the younger but Wonwoo certainly grew some more, ending up taller than Doyoon himself. 

 

"I'm done. Let's go find Cheol. I think he drowned in the bathroom." Wonwoo said, gently pushing Doyoon to the exit. 

 

The older nodded, too scared to speak because that voice too. Wonwoo's voice had matured into this deep timbre that made Doyoon's knees feel weak. He had nearly stumbled more than once and Wonwoo raised his eyebrows every time he moved to help but didn't ask anything which Doyoon was grateful for. He wasn't sure what he was going to say. 

 

"There you are! Won, look, it's your favorite!" Seungcheol exclaimed the moment they stepped out of the store.

 Wonwoo quickly went to Seungcheol's side. "What is it?"

"Tadah!" Seungcheol grinned proudly as he handed Wonwoo some fried food, deep fried tempura probably. 

Wonwoo chuckled. "Thanks. You sound so excited." He commented as he took a bite. "This is really good."

"They say the best things in life are free and my dear friend, that is why that will be the best deep fried tempura you will ever taste." 

"This is free? Why?" Wonwoo looked at the tempura suspiciously. 

Doyoon chuckled, finally making his way over to the two. "Did you steal this, Cheol?"

"I did not!" Seungcheol huffed. "Whatever, I'm not talking to you." He angled his body so he was only facing Wonwoo. "I was looking for you when I came across an ahjumma selling these. She said I was handsome and told me to pick one food on the house and I chose that."

Wonwoo looked around. "Where's the ahjumma now? You should have paid anyway or at least chose something that you like." 

Seungcheol shrugged. "The ahjumma was a little ways off. I'm not that hungry anyway." He pulled out his phone. "We better get back on the road. Hakyeon hyung is demanding our presence according to Hyuk." 

 

Wonwoo took the phone with his free hand, probably to reply to Hyuk from there while Doyoon headed back to the car. He tried to calm himself as he started the car, waiting for the two to get in. Seungcheol was doing some kind of imitation that had Wonwoo rolling his eyes as he laughed. The younger was still laughing as they got in and Doyoon contented himself to simply listening as he pulled out of the gas station. 

 

If Doyoon had a hard time keeping his eyes off of Wonwoo earlier, it was twice as hard to do that now. There was no doubt in his mind that if he had just met this Wonwoo, the present Wonwoo, he would fall in love just the same.

--

"I thought you weren't hungry?" Doyoon asked as Seungcheol practically devoured the random chips he had grabbed. 

Seungcheol shushed him, eyes darting to Wonwoo. "Shut up. Don't let Won hear you." 

"Why don't you just admit it?" Doyoon chuckled. "Besides, he won't hear you." He gestured to the headphones Wonwoo was wearing. 

"Then he'd feel guilty and pay for the tempura." Seungcheol looked around. "Got any water here?"

"Check the compartment." Doyoon nodded to it. 

Seungcheol nodded, opening the compartment and brought out the bottle there. He chugged it down, raising an eyebrow at Doyoon. "This doesn't mean we're good by the way." 

"Of course. I know your forgiveness is worth more than a bottle of water." Doyoon replied.

"Good, we're clear." Seungcheol nodded, satisfied.

Doyoon grinned. "You don't really hate me." 

"Yes, I do." 

"You don't. You haven't threatened to punch me or anything and we're already so close to Changwon." Doyoon pointed out.

Seungcheol punched him in the arm. "There you go. Now stop making up lies."

Doyoon groaned, grinning when he heard Wonwoo chuckle. "Woooonwoo, Seungcheol is being mean to me!" He whined out cutely. 

"Why are you being so childish?" Seungcheol huffed. 

Wonwoo continued laughing. "You guys really are cute together."

 

Doyoon's grin widened even more, cheeks turning pink again as he watched Wonwoo laughing with that beautiful smile of his. He said a mental apology to Mingyu as he passed by the sign welcoming them to Changwon. He had these two days to win back Wonwoo's heart and the butterflies in his stomach certainly wouldn't give up. 

 

 

A.N: this chapter is so short, I know. I just wanted this chapter to be all about their drive to Changwon so yeees, it's short. Hopefully, the next ones would be longer. ^-^ ((they will be, I promise)) The chapter also showed Docheol's friendship which is quite adorable in 17tv. <3

 

T.T your comments last chapter were so heartwarming. <3 I was really really touched. ^-^ THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. <333 

 

And to answer your questions, yes. They did 'it'. They frick tracked. They did the hanky panky. Hahaha whatever you want to call it.

 

Love you all so much as usual x <3 lemme know what you think!

 

((Im running out of chapter titles like why did i decide to name each of them))