Bonus Chapter: Jihoon's side

Fall For You

Jihoon was seething as he slammed the door of the apartment. He tried to do what Soonyoung had taught him: breathe in, breathe out but it wasn't working. He was so worked up that he ended up just pacing back and forth the unit, hoping that Soonyoung would come out yet at the same time hoping that he wouldn't. After a few minutes of nothing happening, Jihoon headed to the fire exit, too keyed up to take the elevator. Junghan and Jisoo's place was on the 10th floor and the descent down was tiring but Jihoon didn't mind the burn in his legs. It took his mind away from his anger at least a bit. 

 

Once he reached outside though, it came back again and the urge to punch someone was there again. He was so angry that it was scaring him; Jihoon thought that he had mastered his anger management issues especially since his last episode but it seemed like he was wrong. His hands were shaking again and his lower lip was bleeding already at how hard he was biting it, trying not to scream. He needed something to release his energy. 

 

"Jihoon!" 

Jihoon turned around, nodding at Wonwoo. He had already walked quite a distance and so far his options of venting out was to punch a lamp post or scare kids. Neither of the two seemed appealing. 

"What are you doing here? Woah, your lip's bleeding." Wonwoo said as he approached. "You okay?"

Jihoon started bouncing on his feet. "I'm not okay. I'm angry like super angry and I need something to vent it out on or I will scream. I am not kidding, Wonwoo. I will freaking scream." Jihoon said, voice rising as he said it.

Wonwoo opened his mouth before closing it. He grabbed Jihoon's wrist and pulled him along. "I have a stash of balls by that tree." He nodded to the huge one at one end of the park. "Pick your game."

"Basketball please." Jihoon answered. 

 

They reached the tree quickly, Wonwoo producing a basketball from the roots. The court in the park was luckily empty and the two of started an intense one on one. 

 

Jihoon loved playing with Wonwoo. The other treated it like it was just another game and not a sort of therapy for him. Whenever Jihoon would play roughly, Wonwoo would just do the same. Jihoon loved Soonyoung with all of his heart but he didn't like it when his boyfriend purposely lost so he would feel better. It didn't. It just made him feel like he wasn't even good enough for Soonyoung's normal skills. 

 

When the game ended, all of the other people in the park were gone and the two of them were panting as they laid down on the court. Wonwoo was a pretty good player, might even be as good as Jisoo and Jihoon knew he had lost but no one was really keeping track of the scores. More importantly, the anger that Jihoon was feeling was gone, replaced by worry. 

 

What the hell was Mingyu doing? It was one thing for that Doyoon guy to flirt with him but Mingyu wasn't discouraging him and was even playing along with it. Jihoon hissed as he remembered how Mingyu had blushed and stuttered while saying he had a boyfriend. Jihoon looked over at Wonwoo and wondered if he should tell Wonwoo about it. 

 

"You feeling better?" Wonwoo asked when he regained his breath. He sat up and looked at Jihoon, eyes worried.

"Yeah, sorry about shocking you like that. I thought I got better at handling my anger." Jihoon answered back. 

"You sound like we're strangers." The other chuckled, shrugging. "I'm just taking care of you the way Soonyoung's looking out for Mingyu."

There it was. Jihoon could tell Wonwoo about what had happened and let him decide what to do but something held him back. Instead, he scoffed, sitting up as well. "I wouldn't count doodling on notes as looking out but okay."

 

Wonwoo laughed as he got up, offering his hand to Jihoon. He took it, dusting his pants off. Jihoon watched as Wonwoo returned the ball to his hiding spot, giving the other a once over. Wonwoo was really good looking, not Jihoon's type but good looking. Mingyu would be stupid if he let this one go. It wasn't that Doyoon was ugly but he was more cute than handsome and well, Jihoon definitely thought Mingyu and Wonwoo looked better together. 

 

"Yo, you're spacing out." Wonwoo said as he snapped his fingers in front of Jihoon's face. "Are you sure you're okay now?"

"Yeah, just... thinking. Sorry." Jihoon replied. "Anyway, thanks for the game. You should play against Jisoo hyung."

"Cheol is better but thanks." Wonwoo grinned. "You going home then?"

Jihoon nodded before pausing. "Uh, no. Where are you going? Mind if I tag along?"

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow. "I'm just about to head home. You can come over though; we still have some of the dumplings Jun made. Hey, are you and Soonyoung okay?"

Jihoon shrugged, nodding for Wonwoo to start walking. "Those dumplings better be as good as Junghan hyung said because I am starving."

 

The dumplings were heavenly and Jihoon was going to get Soonyoung to ask Jun for the recipe. Hansol had shrugged when Jihoon had showed up unannounced before asking Wonwoo if he should set the table already. Watching Hansol and Wonwoo was quite an experience for Jihoon. The two acted like real brothers and Jihoon could see why Mingyu really liked the kid. 

 

"The two of you must have been brothers in your past life." Jihoon commented as they ate. They were so much in tune to what the other was doing; it was like Jisoo and Junghan without the cheesy mush.

Hansol grinned. "That's what I thought so too! See,hyung, someone else thinks so."

Wonwoo chuckled. "Yeah, okay, fine. Maybe we were." He glanced at Jihoon's plate. "Want more rice?"

Jihoon blushed. He was already on his third serving but he was really hungry. "Y-yeah, please."

"No need to be shy, little hyung. I eat a lot too. It's just Wonwoo hyung who eats like he's on a diet." Hansol said as he grabbed Jihoon's plate and refilled it with rice.

"Yah, don't call me little, you brat." Jihoon frowned. "Thanks anyway." 

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes when Hansol just smiled cheekily at him while Wonwoo just smiled indulgently. This kid was spoiled by his hyung for sure. 

 

"I can see why Mingyu thought that we would get along." Jihoon said as he dried while Hansol rinsed the dishes. Wonwoo had whined about a guest doing the dishes but Jihoon had shrugged it off. 

Hansol chuckled. "We are getting along aren't we?" He grinned when Jihoon made a 'well, yeah' gesture. "You're the hyper hyung's boyfriend right? I played against him in Mario Kart and won."

"Soonyoung at that." Jihoon grinned, imagining his boyfriend's disgruntled face. "Where did you guys play? The hyungs' place?"

"Mhm, Josh said he didn't mind." Hansol said as he handed Jihoon another plate. "Anyway, did you and hyper hyung get into a fight? It's pretty weird that you're here. You don't look like the type to just come to people's place."

Jihoon sighed, putting the plates where Wonwoo had told him earlier. "We didn't fight. I just got irritated with something."

"Huh, must be pretty bad." Hansol sighed. "So any more questions? You ask interesting things."

Jihoon tilted his head, wondering at how serious the other was. hansol was looking at him expectantly so he asked what he was wondering about before. "Okay how come you didn't like Wonwoo? You know romantically. You're affectionate to him enough."

Hansol laughed, leaning against the counter as he hummed. "That is a pretty good question. Let me see. I think it's because he's always been my brother and when he wasn't ,he was Seungcheol hyung's best friend."

"What do you mean?" 

Hansol chewed on his lip, taking his time to answer. "I met Wonwoo hyung because the diva Seungkwan said I needed friends and he had made friends with the people from the higher batch. Seokmin hyung just started dating Seungkwan when he introduced me to Wonwoo hyung. He was so... quiet." He paused, frowning as he remembered it. "He wouldn't speak that much and if he did, it was only to Seungcheol hyung. I actually thought that they were dating until Seokmin hyung explained things to me."

"Oh, why is that? If you know I can ask."

"Hyung was heartbroken. It was stupid that he would get that hurt about it. Seungcheol hyung did say that Wonwoo hyung and his ex were together for a long time but still. I mean it's obviously that other guy's loss because Wonwoo hyung is just about the best person in the world. To think that the guy broke up with him? Ugh. I think it's bull."

"Language, Sol." Wonwoo asked as he walked in the kitchen. "What are you guys talking about?"

"I was just making sure that Jihoon hyung could hear how authentic my New York accent was." Hansol grinned. "Can I shower now?"

"Okay?" Wonwoo asked, glancing back at Jihoon who just shrugged. If the kid didn't want to explain, Jihoon wouldn't either. "Yeah, go ahead, Sol."

 

Hansol smiled at Wonwoo before glancing back at Jihoon, eyes saying not to mention anything to the other. Jihoon nodded at him and watched as the younger left. Wonwoo crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against the wall as he raised an eyebrow.

 

"I'm not saying anything." Jihoon said, glancing at the clock. "I.. uh have something to talk to you about. Let's grab a drink?"

Wonwoo looked even more surprised. "Okay? That was random but alright." He pushed off the wall. "Let's go?"

"Not gonna tell Hansol where you're going?" Jihoon said as they made their way outside. 

"Oh." Wonwoo nodded, going back inside quickly. "Hansol! Jihoon and I are going out for a bit!"

 

Jihoon heard a mumbled reply before Wonwoo stepped out again. The two of them were quiet as they headed to a local pub. Jihoon didn't know what the other was thinking but his mind was racing to a lot of directions. 

 

Jihoon was more of a background person compared to his boyfriend's eye catching personality. He chose to observe more and he had been observing Wonwoo since Mingyu had introduced him. Wonwoo was quiet like him but he was very observant too. Wonwoo was the type of person that could hide his emotions well but he felt very deeply. Add that to what Hansol had said and Jihoon was convinced that Mingyu really could break Wonwoo's heart.

 

"So what did you want to talk about?" Wonwoo asked after their drinks had arrives.

Jihoon sighed, drinking some soju before he answered. "What does cheating mean to you?"

Wonwoo choked on the drink, coughing a bit. "W-what?" He took a deep breath before looking at Jihoon. "Sorry but what? What do you mean?"

"What is cheating to you? How can you say that someone is cheating?" 

"That's an odd question." Wonwoo replied, raising an eyebrow. "Any particular reason why you're asking?"

Jihoon shrugged. "Just remembered when Junghan hyung thought Jisoo hyung was cheating." He tilted his head. "Does spending time with someone a lot considered cheating? Flirting back? Allowing yourself to get called as handsome?" 

Wonwoo nodded a bit. "Uh no to the spending time with someone a lot I think. Flirting back is a maybe; I guess it depends on the personality of that someone and no to the last. You can't really control who calls you handsome can you?"

"You're so understanding, aren't you? Everyone is so nice around here; I'm starting to look like Satan." Jihoon groaned as he took another drink. 

"I'd like to call it being trusting." Wonwoo shrugged, taking another drink as well. "So, what's up? Don't lie about Junghan hyung."

"There's this guy and he's such a flirt. Like your best friend kind of flirt but even more." Jihoon paused; he was almost about to say that Doyoon was flirting with Mingyu. He sighed. "And he keeps flirting with someone who's already taken but I think the idiot forgot that and just went along with it."

Wonwoo looked at him with a slight frown. Jihoon didn't know what the other was thinking. "Soonyoung loves you a lot, you know that right? I heard from Mingyu and a bit from Soonyoung himself that he was quite a player before but he really does love you."

 

Jihoon felt himself deflate. He was trying so hard not to think about why he had really hated Doyoon on sight but Wonwoo figured it out. The way Doyoon was acting wasn't very different to how Soonyoung was before. It was scary and Jihoon didn't handle scared well so he turned to anger. 

 

"I know that." Jihoon said, looking at the bottle of soju before he sighed again. "I'm just worried. What if Soonyoung sees how fun being a player was and go back to it? I... I can't lose him."

"How is being a player fun?" 

"I don't know, Jeon! I've never been one!" Jihoon snapped, groaning. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to yell."

"It's okay, Jihoon. I know you didn't mean to." Wonwoo said, cupping his cheek. "So, was Soonyoung a player when you met him?"

Jihoon scoffed as he remembered meeting his boyfriend. "He was and I hated him the moment I saw him. He flirted with anyone and he didn't give a if that person was already taken. I wanted to punch his face everyday." 

 

The scene played in Jihoon's mind and he frowned as he noted how similar it was to how Doyoon acted. He didn't like flirts in general but if you were flirting with someone taken already then Jihoon would have a problem with it. 

 

Soonyoung had tried every pick up line he knew to try and get Jihoon and the urge to punch the other grew every single day of their freshman year. He didn't even know what the great Kwon Soonyoung saw in him but he was determined not to fall for the guy. He scoffed as he realized that well, he was dating that douchebag but he had made Soonyoung work hard for it. It had taken a year for him to agree on one date and Soonyoung had cried when he had said yes. It was embarrassing but it was one of Jihoon's most favorite events in his life. 

 

"I don't think whoever this stupid flirt is would uh, trigger Soonyoung to be back to his old self." Wonwoo said, smiling. "He has you and the way he talks about you is just a really obvious sign that he loves you."

"Well, Mingyu glows when he talks about you. Is that a sign too?" Jihoon replied, really wanting to tell Wonwoo about Doyoon and Mingyu.

Wonwoo blushed, shrugging. "I wouldn't know. He hasn't told me."

"Wait, didn't tell you what?"

"That he er, likes me and stuff." Wonwoo made a face, taking another sip. "You know how Mingyu is with emotional stuff. I'm okay with waiting for him to say it but I guess that's my condition. I want him to say that he loves me first."

 

Jihoon looked at the other skeptically; Wonwoo didn't seem like the type to agree to a relationship if the love wasn't confirmed yet. Mingyu hadn't even told him he liked him even though everyone else could see it. Jihoon mentally cussed at his dongsaeng's emotional constipated self. If it was him, he wouldn't agree to be someone's boyfriend if he wasn't sure how the other felt. But then again what did Jihoon really know? He settled for a nod. 

 

"So do you think he will?" Wonwoo asked a few minutes later..

"Will what?" Jihoon asked.

"Do you think Mingyu will say he loves me?" Wonwoo asked hopefully.

Jihoon paused, choosing his words carefully. He wanted to say what Wonwoo wanted to hear but he didn't want to lie as well. "I don't know honestly. I've never heard him say it except when we give him food."

Wonwoo chuckled but there was a sad sound echoing at the back of it. "I guess I'll have to wait some more then." He exhaled loudly."It's okay. It's not like he'll replace me with anyone, right?"

 

Jihoon opened his mouth to answer, determined to actually say something about Doyoon so he could assure him that the guy had nothing on him and that Jihoon and Soonyoung would be rooting for him. Before he could do any of that, a familiar mop of blond hair was squeezing Jihoon tightly.

 

"Get off me, Soonyoung! I need air!" Jihoon exclaimed while trying to break free.

"Where the heck have you been?! I was so worried! You didn't even text me." Soonyoung said, frowning at his boyfriend.

Jihoon couldn't help but smile, pushing his boyfriend away gently. "I was at Wonwoo's. I'm sorry; it was irresponsible of me not to text you."

"Damn right it was!" Soonyoung looked back at Wonwoo who was smiling at the two of them. "I have to take my boyfriend home. Catch you later?"

"Yeah, get home safe." Wonwoo shook his head when Jihoon reached for his wallet. "I got it. Just go."

 

As Soonyoung started his lecture about why Jihoon shouldn't run off like that and then not tell him where he was, Jihoon glanced back at Wonwoo who was still watching them closely. He could see the slight jealousy from the other and Jihoon suspected it was because Soonyoung was practically screaming about how much he loved Jihoon and how the few hours apart were torture. 

 

"What are you thinking about, babe? You're so quiet ever since we got home." Soonyoung asked, giving Jihoon a back hug.

Jihoon sighed, leaning back on his boyfriend's chest. "Doyoon is a lot like you, isn't he? Like how you were when we first met anyway."

He felt Soonyoung freeze and Jihoon wanted to take it back and apologize. "Y-yeah." Soonyoung answered before exhaling. "Yeah, I guess he is. Is that why you looked like you were going to murder him?"

Jihoon gave his boyfriend's hand a light squeeze. "It's why I hated him on sight. My dislike grew when he kept flirting with Mingyu and that idiot stuttered when he said he had a boyfriend. What the ? Didn't he even think of Wonwoo?"

"I don't think Gyu saw it as flirting back though. Our dongsaeng's a bit stupid so you have to forgive him." Soonyoung sighed. "I do feel bad for Wonwoo though. Even when so many people try to get his attention, he just focuses on Mingyu but..."

"His boyfriend is stupid and gets flattered by Doyoon." Jihoon groaned. "I don't get how Jisoo hyung could get along with the guy."

Soonyoung looked like he wanted to defend Doyoon but one look from Jihoon shut him up. Good. His boyfriend should know better than to side with the enemy. "Well, it looks like Wonwoo has some competition then." Soonyoung remarked.

Jihoon scoffed. "Then I'm making sure that Wonwoo wins."

 

Soonyoung hummed before distracting Jihoon with a kiss. Jihoon allowed himself to get distracted and he finally felt relaxed after a day of anger and worry. All it took was Soonyoung for him to feel better.

 

It was later on that night as they were about to sleep that he made a promise. Mingyu and Wonwoo were going to be as happy as they were and Doyoon wouldn't and shouldn't interfere with that. 

 

A.N: i was frustrated yesterday so writing this was much faster. Just a wee explanation why Jihoon was angry. 

 

Hahaha i love your reactions about Doyoon. I do love him too but yknow someone's gotta mess with Meanie. 

 

Thank you for all your support x love you guys!!