Honest Feelings

Fall For You

Mingyu didn't know how long he had been sitting on the floor on the veranda when his phone rang. He checked it and saw that it was a message from Wonwoo. Biting his lip, he forced himself to look away and ignore it. His phone got harder to ignore when it continued ringing. Mingyu sighed, wondering if he should just turn it off. His hyungs might text him and Junghan might think he got kidnapped again if he didn't answer.

 

Mingyu glanced at his notifications; it wouldn't hurt to just peek right?

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

You just left :(

I thought you said you wanted to watch me tho

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Hansol said you were meeting up with your hyungs?

Is that true?

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Hey

Just bumped into Soonyoung and Jihoon

They didn't know where you are

:( where are you?

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Mingyu, please.

Text me back. I'm getting worried

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Mingyu mingyu mingyu

Why are you ignoring me? :(

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Hansol said you looked a bit green earlier

Are you sick? :(

Answer meeee :(

 

From: Soonyoung hyung

 Yo!

Wonwoo was looking for you

Why did he think you were with us?

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

You're reading my messages

I know you are

But you're not replying so...

Are you mad at me? :(

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Did I do something wrong?

Mingyu please. Answer me.

I'm really really worried.

Mingyu sighed, messing up his hair as he went inside and laid down on the bed. He was starting to feel guilty because he knew that Wonwoo was seriously worried about him. But Mingyu needed time to think and maybe distance himself too.

 

Mingyu wondered if other people doing this kind of thing faced this problem as well. For some reason, he felt like he wouldn't feel this if he wasn't fake dating Wonwoo. Every single thing he felt was there because of the older and not their set up. So what did that mean?

 

Maybe he was just too attached with Wonwoo. Mingyu thought it over and found it a reasonable explanation. After putting some distance between the two of them, they could continue fake dating and Mingyu wouldn't feel like this anymore.

 

For some reason, Jihoon calling him emotionally constipated came to mind after that conclusion but he brushed it off.

 

The next time Mingyu's phone rang, Wonwoo was calling him. Mingyu stared at the screen as he contemplated answering the call. Then he remembered how deep and enchanting Wonwoo's voice was so he just rejected the call. He wasn't ready for that yet.

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

I'm replying

 Just text me

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

O..kay then

So where are you? I was/am really worried

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Hotel room.

I got dizzy, sorry

 

Mingyu cringed as he realized how cold his messages were. He tried to reason out with himself that he was doing this to put some distance between him and Wonwoo. If cold messages didn't do the trick, he wasn't sure what would.

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Oh.

Are you feeling any better?

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

A bit.

I'm just lying down

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Can I come over?

 I mean

Want me to come over?

 

Mingyu gawked at the phone, mulling over the difference of the two questions. Wonwoo knew where his hotel was and even what room number they had so of course he could come anytime he wanted to. He didn't even need to ask permission for that and it was sweet enough that he even bothered asking.

 

But the second question was more... personal. The answer there would depend on Mingyu's choice and he was worried that he might choose wrong.

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

I'd rather be alone

Sorry

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

OK.

Feel better.

 

And if Mingyu was disappointed that Wonwoo didn't even put up a fight, he just pushed the bitter taste down. It was his choice after all.

--

Mingyu ended up actually falling asleep, only to be waken up by the sound of his hyungs coming in. Everyone was gathered in their room again and no one even bothered being quiet.

 

"Mingyu!" Soonyoung said as he jumped on the younger's bed. "Why are you here? Wonwoo was looking for you."

"Yeah, the guy looked worried as well. What did you do, run off?" Jihoon asked.

Mingyu had to swallow the guilt he was feeling and went for an indifferent shrug. "I wanted to lie down a bit."

"You should have brought him here then. He looked like he was about to send a search squad out for you." Soonyoung pointed out.

"I have the right to be alone when I want to, don't I? He should respect that." Mingyu said, voice rising a bit.

Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Soonyoung's just saying that your boyfriend was worried."

"Can we just drop it? Please." Mingyu said, looking over at Soonyoung. "I'm sorry for snapping, hyung. I just feel tired."

Junghan came over to his side, patting his head. "Okay then. Do you need anything? Medicine? Food?"

For some reason, Mingyu wanted to answer that he wanted Wonwoo but that was stupid so he just shook his head. "Well, I could go for food actually."

"Yeah, of course." Junghan nodded at Jisoo. "Order room service for our son, please?"

 

There was an awkward silence around the room as they waited for the food to arrive and Mingyu hated being the reason for it. His hyungs might think they were being sneaky but the youngest could feel their concerned looks being thrown at him. If they only knew, they wouldn't be like this. Wasn't Mingyu the one who told Wonwoo to leave him alone?

 

It was so quiet that when someone knocked on their door,all of them jumped. Jihoon quickly snapped out of it to open the door, taking the tray of food from the bell hop.

 

"Food's here." Jihoon announced quietly as he placed the tray on the table.

Junghan nudged Mingyu.  "Go ahead and eat."

 

Mingyu nodded, getting up and took a look at the food they ordered. Jisoo had asked for some sandwiches and all of them actually looked good. Mingyu chose a random sandwich, biting into it quietly as he went back to his bed. The chicken sandwich tasted as good as it looked but somehow, Mingyu couldn't really taste it. After taking another bite, he put the sandwich down, sighing. He didn't feel like eating anymore.

 

"Is Mr. Park really unable to pick us up?" Mingyu asked slowly. He didn't know what he'd do if he bumped into Wonwoo and the others later.

Soonyoung nodded. "I already bought us tickets on the same train as Wonwoo and his friends."

"Great." Mingyu mumbled sarcastically.

"Is there something you want to tell us, Gyu?" Jisoo asked carefully.

Mingyu got up. "I think I want to go on a walk." He avoided looking at his hyungs as he said it.

Junghan looked like he wanted to protest but Jihoon held him back. Mingyu placed his sandwich back on the tray before heading out of the room. A moment later, he heard the door open then close again. Mingyu looked back and was surprised to see that it was Jihoon.

 

"I kind of want to be alone, hyung." Mingyu sighed.

Jihoon nodded. "You can't always get what you want." He nodded towards the exit. "Go on. Let's walk."

 

Mingyu stopped and stared down at his hyung. He really didn't want to be with any of his hyungs knowing that they could see through him easily. Jihoon raised an eyebrow, obviously not going to be leaving anytime soon. The two of them continued to stare at each other until Mingyu gave up and nodded his head in defeat. He forgot how stubborn Jihoon could he if he wanted to. Well, at least the chances of Jihoon lecturing him were slim.

 

Jihoon and Mingyu walked aimlessly across the beach. It was filled with more people and someone was even throwing a party. The atmosphere was so different from this morning that Mingyu marveled at the fact that it was the same beach where he nearly kissed Wonwoo.

 

Thinking of Wonwoo made his heart lurch and Mingyu found himself missing the other. He wondered what the older thought of him now. Was he upset? Was he mad? Did he feel like there's something missing just like he was?

 

"You know how I tell you that you're emotionally constipated?" Jihoon started when they reached a more quiet part of the beach. "Ugh,  wait. I need to organize what I'm going to say." He pointed at the closest rock formation. "Let's sit there."

 

Mingyu wanted to back out since he really didn't want to get a lecture but Jihoon was already pulling his shirt. The rocks were sort of slippery too so Mingyu had to be careful as they climbed it, assisting his hyung as they sat down. Soonyoung could literally kick his if his boyfriend got hurt while being with Mingyu.

Jihoon didn't immediately start talking once they sat down and Mingyu worried at how long the lecture in store for him was going to be. The two of them settled for watching the sea for a while, enjoying the sounds of the waves crashing and the distant thrum of people.

 

"Back to what I was saying." Jihoon finally said. "You're emotionally constipated."

Mingyu groaned. "Hyung, do you really have to do this? I don't mind being emotionally constipated, whatever that meant."

"It means that you have a hard time of letting out your emotions,you idiot." Jihoon rolled his eyes, pursing his lips before he continued. "But I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I am too."

"Yeah, well, I know that you can't express yourself well." Mingyu answered. "Now that we've established that fact, can we end it here?"

"Mingyu, shut up. How does Wonwoo put up with you?" Jihoon groaned. "Heh, as if I'm one to talk. You guys probably ask Soonyoung how he puts up with me all the time."

Mingyu stayed silent, not really knowing what to say since he did ask Soonyoung that. It felt like Jihoon understood anyway.

"That's a yes. We're going a bit off topic but whatever. I figured I should be the one to talk to you because you and I are the same." Jihoon shrugged. "Thing is we deal with hiding our emotions in different ways."

"I don't hide my emotions, hyung. I don't have someone to hide them from after all." Mingyu insisted.

Jihoon gave him a flat look. "That denial just confirmed it. You mean you used to have no one to hide it from but now, you have Wonwoo."

Mingyu flushed, looking away. "I don't understand what you mean."

"Because you're a rude dongsaeng that doesn't let his hyung finish." Jihoon retorted. "Don't interrupt me until I'm done okay?" He waited for Mingyu to nod before he continued. "Like I was saying, we both at emotions. You can see how I am with Soonyoung and I know that my idiot vents out to you sometimes." Jihoon glared at Mingyu when he started whining. "I said no interruptions. Moving on, I don't always say or show it but I do love Soonyoung which was why I brought him home yesterday. I wanted to try being a better boyfriend so I asked Junghan hyung for some tips. It backfired."

Mingyu couldn't help but snort. "What did you do? Spout out cheesy lines too? That's Soonyoung hyung's department."

Jihoon punched his arm, face red. "I did not and didn't I say don't interrupt me? Okay so yeah it backfired and the idiot thought I was breaking up with him." Jihoon said, voice going soft. "He looked so sad and down that it hurt me. I knew I had to assure him even if saying things like that make me want to hit my head on the wall repeatedly."

"And how did you assure him?" Mingyu asked curiously. Like Jihoon had said, Soonyoung had vented to him sometimes and he knew that deep down his hyung was scared that Jihoon would really get mad at him and no matter what Mingyu had said, the worry was still there.

Jihoon blushed even more, eyes focusing on the little pebbles by the rock. "Uh, I kissed him. And my mom caught us which was pretty embarrassing." He admitted shyly. "Well, Soonyoung looked happy so I guess it was worth it."

Mingyu smiled; he really did have a soft spot for his hyungs' relationship. "He really does. You really don't have to worry about him. He loves you a lot."

"And what about you?" Jihoon asked, tilting his head.

"What about me?" Mingyu feigned innocence. "I'm not worried about Soonyoung hyung at all."

Jihoon rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean."

"No, I don't."

"Why do you keep lying to yourself?" Jihoon asked, getting annoyed. "See, this is how you deal with your emotions: you don't. You run away from them and pretend that they don't exist."

 

Mingyu froze as he listened to what his hyung had said. It wasn't like he thought that his hyungs were unaware of how he had difficulty in expressing himself but this was the first time that someone had said it to him outright.

 

See, Mingyu had always been like this. He had been in only one relationship but it wasn't just because of lack of interest; it was also because Mingyu didn't allow anyone to come close. As soon as the other showed more than light interest with him, he would distance himself until the guy lost interest in him.

 

"It's the first time I've seen you down like this." Jihoon said gently. "Did you have a fight with Wonwoo?"

Mingyu shook his head weakly. "We didn't fight, hyung. This one... this one's just me."

"I was right earlier, wasn't I? You ran off from Wonwoo earlier that's why he was looking for you." Jihoon sighed when Mingyu didn't answer. "I'm not going to tell you what to do, Mingyu because I think you already know what you should do."

"I don't know what to do, hyung." Mingyu admitted helplessly. "You said it yourself, I run away from emotions; I don't handle them! And it's so so frustrating because I...." He couldn't finish what he was trying to say.

"Don't want to lose Wonwoo?" Jihoon supplied. He sighed when Mingyu turned to him with wide eyes. "Why are you so emotionally constipated? Know what? It isn't even that. You're dumb."

"I am having a crisis here, hyung. Calling me dumb isn't helping anything." Mingyu frowned as he thought over what Jihoon had said. It wasn't really that he was surprised about it but rather he was surprised at how obvious it was.

"Whatever." Jihoon rolled his eyes. "Look, I don't know if you're in love with the guy already but what I do know is that he makes you happy. And you're our group's giant baby so we like seeing you happy."

Mingyu made a face. "I'm touched..? I don't really like being called a giant baby though."

" it up and let's head back. Soonyoung's been texting me like crazy." Jihoon said as he got up, checking his phone. "He said he's willing to bribe you with his Ferrari as long as you return me."

 "Oh, I should really kidnap you then." Mingyu said, chuckling when his hyung threw a pebble at him. "Wait, hyung." He called out, forcing himself to say the words. If he couldn't say it to Jihoon then how was he going to say it to Wonwoo?

"What is it?" Jihoon asked.

"Thank you... for well, you know.. talking to me and stuff." Mingyu blurted out awkwardly. "You're right. I uh don't want to.. you know."

Jihoon rolled his eyes but he was smiling fondly. "Yeah, whatever. Wonwoo's the one who need to hear it not me."

--

Mingyu was already mentally preparing himself to talk to Wonwoo. He had started organizing what he wanted to say and he didn't really come up with much except saying that he didn't want to lose the older. He figured he'd just think of what to say when Wonwoo was in front of him.

 

Actually seeing Wonwoo was way different than what Mingyu had planned though. Wonwoo was waiting at the hotel entrance when Mingyu and his friends were checking out and the younger took one look at him and was ready to bolt.

 

He definitely wasn't ready to face Wonwoo yet.

 

Jisoo and Soonyoung were blocking his way to escape. Mingyu was trying to push past them but his hyungs were pushing back.

 

" What the heck?!" Mingyu whispered.

Soonyoung shrugged. "Boyfriend's orders, sorry." He nodded at Jihoon who was checking if their bags were complete.

"Soonyoung's buying me a new guitar for this." Jisoo answered. "Besides, you can't hide from Wonwoo forever."

"It doesn't mean I can't try!" Mingyu whined when Soonyoung started pushing him. "Hyung, cut it out!"

"Grow a pair, Mingyu." Soonyoung frowned at him, still pushing him until they reached Wonwoo. He grinned at Wonwoo. "Train leaves at 7:30. You guys can play around or talk it out until then."

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow, nodding slowly. "Okay then? Jun and the others are buying some souvenirs but they're heading to the station soon."

"Already? Don't worry. We'll find them and grab something to eat before we head to the station." Soonyoung patted their shoulders. "Talking helps, alright? Later!"

 

Mingyu watched helplessly as his hyung jogged back to the others, automatically going to Jihoon's side. Jihoon gave him a thumbs up and nodded at Wonwoo.

 

Speaking of Wonwoo, Mingyu could feel the older's eyes on him but he was still scared to face him. He didn't know how to explain his actions earlier without sounding stupid.

 

"Are you really not going to look at me?" Wonwoo asked, sighing softly.

Mingyu looked at him real quick before averting his eyes again. "There, I looked at you."

"Jihoon did say you were going to be difficult." Wonwoo heaved another sigh. "Are you really not going to look at me properly?"

 

Mingyu was curious when Jihoon talked to Wonwoo but he tried to keep it in. He heard Wonwoo mutter under his breath before he felt himself getting lifted off the ground. Hold on, what?!

 

"Yah! What the hell are you doing?!" Mingyu exclaimed when he was thrown over Wonwoo's shoulder.

"Stop squirming! Do you realize how heavy you are?" Wonwoo groaned, waving at Mingyu's friends as they headed out.

Mingyu's jaw dropped as his hyungs just smiled at him as he was being carried away. "Wow, thanks, you guys! I can feel the love!" He called out.

"See you later, Mingyu!" Junghan exclaimed happily as he waved.

Mingyu huffed before just giving up. "I can walk you know." He told Wonwoo when they were out of the hotel's premises. "You're skinnier than me. How the hell are you carrying me?!"

"Cheol makes me work out with him sometimes. I didn't think I'd be using it though." Wonwoo panted.

Mingyu sighed. "You're panting already. Just put me down."

"You're going to run away."

"I won't. I promise." Mingyu lied. He was definitely running away the moment his feet touched the ground.

 

Wonwoo continued walking for a while and Mingyu could hear his breathing get even more labored. The younger was already feeling sorry so he leaned his head against Wonwoo's, nuzzling gently.

 

"I really won't run away. Put me down. You're tired already." Mingyu whispered.

 

Luckily, that seemed to do the trick and Wonwoo carefully put Mingyu down. The older was panting hard and Mingyu pulled out his handkerchief, wiping the other's sweat. Wonwoo's eyes were staring at him intensely again as he placed his hand on top of Mingyu's.

 

"Talk to me." Wonwoo said once his breathing calmed down.

Mingyu pulled his hand away, swallowing thickly. "I uh... don't know..how." He admitted quietly.

Wonwoo looked at him, as if wondering how sincere the younger was being. It seemed that Mingyu passed since the older grabbed his hand. "Let's go. I want to see something."

"Where are we going?" Mingyu asked, proud of himself for not stuttering. He held on to Wonwoo's hand tightly,  relishing in the comfort that he could feel.

"There's an underwater aquarium here and the entrance is close by." Wonwoo answered, eyes falling on their intertwined hands. "Is this okay for you? Do you want me to let go?"

"No!" Mingyu exclaimed before he could help himself. He started blushing when Wonwoo gawked at him. "D-don't let go. Please."

 

Wonwoo nodded, smiling at him as he started pulling Mingyu along. They were quiet as they walked but this time, it felt different. The silence felt heavy, loaded with all the unsaid questions and answers. Mingyu was starting to feel antsy about it but he calmed himself down. Wonwoo pointed to the entrance of the aquarium and Mingyu started feeling lighter as they headed down.

The whole aquarium was built under the sea, on the ocean floor and Mingyu was amazed to see all the different marine life above them. He heard Wonwoo gasp beside him and he smiled at the older's excitement. They walked along quietly, contented to just watch the fish swimming. There weren't that much people as well and Mingyu could pretend that it was just them.

 

"Don't think that you're off the hook. I'm still going to ask you." Wonwoo said, eyes still fixed on the colorful fish above them.

Mingyu sighed. "Can't we just enjoy the fish? It's not even that big of a deal."

"That's like saying you're not that big of a deal and I'm telling you now that you're a really big deal to me." Wonwoo said seriously.

 

Mingyu blushed at what the older said. He was sure he was smiling again and he was judging how haywire his emotions could be especially when it came to Wonwoo. The older waited until they were alone before he pulled Mingyu to a nearby bench. He raised his eyebrow expectantly and waited for the younger to say something.

 

Mingyu fidgeted at the stare being directed at him. He had to try and distract Wonwoo somehow. "Uh, so... where's Hansol? Won't he go looking for you?"

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "Hansol's with Jun and Seungcheol so no, he won't be looking for me. He was worried about you too, you know."

"I'm fine." Mingyu mumbled, feeling apologetic. "Why wouldn't I be?"

" Because you just suddenly left and gave a lame excuse on top of that." Wonwoo answered.

Mingyu chewed his lip, not denying that it was just an excuse. "Yeah, well. Uh, so... how was surfing?" He asked slowly, frowning when he remembered Sehun.

"I wouldn't know. I didn't do it."

"Wait, what?" Mingyu asked in surprise. He remembered how excited Wonwoo had been when they were talking about it. "Why didn't you?"

"Jun did it anyway. Hansol and I were looking for you." Wonwoo admitted. "I mean I knew you were lying about meeting up with your hyungs especially after we ran into Soonyoung but still, I was in denial,  I guess. I didn't want to think that you ran away from me even when it was obvious." Wonwoo said quietly. "Then you wouldn't reply to my messages and Hansol suggested I go to your hotel room but I didn't think you'd want me there."

 

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu with a sad smile. The younger was too caught up in his emotions that he didn't expect he wasn't the only one affected by his actions. Wonwoo sighed as Mingyu stayed motionless, slowly pulling his hand away and the action made something in Mingyu snap.

 

"I'm sorry!" Mingyu exclaimed as both of his hands shot up to hold Wonwoo's arms. "I'm so sorry I made you and Hansol worry. I'm just like this. I don't know what to say too because Jihoon hyung said I'm emotionally constipated and I guess I am because I would rather clam up and make you sad than face what in feeling."

"Mingyu...?" Wonwoo asked in surprise. "A-are you okay?"

The younger shook his head rapidly. "No, I'm not and this is all your fault! Yours and that stupid Sehun's fault! Did you know how I was feeling when I was watching the two of you? He was like a leech and you were standing there all focused and handsome and you are not fair at all! I wanted to punch the guy and tell him to get the hell away from you. I wanted to lock you up on a tower or something just so he wouldn't even dare look at you!"

Wonwoo looked at him confusedly, pulling him closer. "Leech what? What?"

"Oh my God, Jeon Wonwoo, do I really have to spell it out for you?!" Mingyu groaned, feeling his tears come out, running across his cheeks. "Great, now I'm crying as well." He said sarcastically, not bothering to wipe them as he raised his eyes to meet Wonwoo's. "I was jealous, okay? And this was the first time I felt something like it. I have never been jealous that fast and that intense and it was so scary, Wonwoo. It felt like someone was choking me with it, like someone- most likely Sehun- was stomping on my heart every time I saw him coming close to you." Mingyu was full on sobbing by the time he finished. His hyungs were right; his feelings were now bursting out of him.

Wonwoo was staring at Mingyu again, looking helpless, happy and sad all at the same time. "I'm so sorry, Mingyu. I didn't know you were feeling that way. I'm so sorry I hurt you, baby."

Mingyu sobbed louder after hearing the pet name. "Why do you do this to me? You call me baby, love and things like that! You're so confusing I don't even know if you actually mean it or you're just doing this for the sake of our lie! I regret this stupid lie! You're giving me so many confusing feelings and it's like my heart's going to explode from all of it." He stopped, sniffling as he pulled back from Wonwoo, leaning against the wall as he covered his eyes. "You don't even know how much you affect me. I'm so confused, Wonwoo. I don't know what you're doing to me but I don't want to lose you. That's the only thing that I do understand."

 

It was quiet for a while and Mingyu was sure that he had messed up with Wonwoo. He didn't know how to face the older after everything he had said so he did what he did best: running away.

 

Mingyu hadn't even gotten far when he felt someone pulling on his wrist. He didn't even need to look for him to know that it was Wonwoo; his body felt so used to the touch.

 

"I was just thinking of how to say things properly and you've already ran away." Wonwoo said. "Do I have to chain you?"

"Let go of me!" Mingyu exclaimed. Didn't this place have security? If Wonwoo was a kidnapper, he'd be a goner by now.

 

Wonwoo kept a steady grip on his wrist and managed to catch Mingyu's other wrist despite the younger squirming in his hold. Mingyu tried to put up a fight but he still found himself getting pinned to the wall.

 

"I do hapkido just in case you forgot." Wonwoo said. "Now stop squirming. You'll just hurt yourself."

"No, I won't! Let go!" Mingyu shouted, squirming even more despite his wrists starting to hurt already. He could already feel the bruises there.

Wonwoo was watching him before he leaned forward and knocked his forehead on Mingyu's. "I said stop, you idiot. I don't want to hurt you even more."

Mingyu froze, partially because of what Wonwoo had said but mostly because they were so close to each other.

"Good. You listened." The older smiled, closing his eyes. "I'm going to remove my hold on you and I trust you not to try and break free. Don't break my trust, okay?"

 

Just like he said, Wonwoo slowly removed his hands from Mingyu's wrists but didn't move otherwise. The whole place was quiet and Mingyu could hear the sound of his sniffles and Wonwoo's even breathing. The younger closed his eyes as well, trying to stop himself from crying. This was already getting embarrassing. When Mingyu tried to wipe his tears, Wonwoo shook his head slightly before reaching up to wipe the tears carefully.

 

"I made you cry so I should be the one to wipe them away." Wonwoo whispered, hands resting on Mingyu's cheeks as the older's thumbs wiped Mingyu's eyes. "Your wrists must hurt now too. I'm sorry." He brought Mingyu's hand, pressing kisses around his wrist before doing the same to the other.

"Stop being so gentle to me." Mingyu mumbled, feeling his chest go warm at the actions.

Wonwoo hummed. "I just want to take care of you. I gave you such a rough time today, didn't I?" He leaned down, whispering huskily into Mingyu's ear. "I'm going to kiss your tears away, okay, Mingyu?" When the younger didn't say anything, he gently bit down, nibbling the lobe afterwards. "I need an answer, baby."

"O-okay." Mingyu stuttered, feeling the warmth spread even more.

Wonwoo nodded slightly before pulling back slightly to give Mingyu a small smile. Carefully he trailed kisses starting from Mingyu's eyes down to his jaw. "I'm sorry you felt like you had to lie to me. If you needed time alone, you could just say so and I would respect that. Okay, maybe I'll ask why and if the answer is valid enough then sure. But if you feel jealous then that wouldn't do. Know why? Because I'm going to take care of you until you don't feel that way before." Wonwoo whispered, ending the statement with a kiss under Mingyu's jaw.

"Oh God." Mingyu breathed, knees feeling weak already. Shyly, he brought his hands up to the older's shoulders before looping them around the other's neck.

"I honestly don't get why you would think that I would even look at somebody else when I'm lucky enough to be calling you my boyfriend." Wonwoo said as he wrapped his arms around Mingyu's waist. "When I told you to look at me only, I said that because that was what I was doing. You're the only one I see, Mingyu."

"S-stop lying to me." Mingyu whispered. He didn't want to hope for something that he wouldn't have. "I don't think I can handle it."

"I'm not lying to you, I promise."  Wonwoo pulled Mingyu closer. "You say I confuse you so I'll say this as simply as I can. I like you very much, Kim Mingyu, not as my fake boyfriend but as the Mingyu that I know."

 

And then there it was. The warmth inside Mingyu exploded, filling his heart with joy and making his body feel as light as air. He was too happy that he started crying again, burying his face in Wonwoo's shoulders.

 

"What's wrong? Why are you crying? You don't have to say it back just yet. It's okay, Mingyu " Wonwoo said, panicking at the sudden tears.

Mingyu chuckled, pulling back as he shook his head. "Nothing's wrong. I'm just too happy. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cry."

"You idiot." Wonwoo said fondly, hands going up again to wipe the tears. "I'm not yet done with what I want to say. I don't want to lose you either, Mingyu, not now or ever. That's why I'm not going to rush you."

Mingyu nodded, smiling gratefully. "Thank you."

"I really want to kiss you right now." Wonwoo blurted out.

Mingyu's eyes widened at the sudden confession. "W-what?"

"I said I really want to kiss the handsome crying man in my arms right now." Wonwoo said softly, eyes focused on the younger's lips. He raised a hand and started tracing the shape of Mingyu's lips as if memorizing them. "You look so kissable right now. You've bitten your lips a lot today didn't you? I wonder if my lips could lessen the pain that yours went through."

 

Mingyu's breathing was starting to get heavier as Wonwoo said those things. He wanted to say something but his brain wasn't functioning right at the moment. Wonwoo smirked, probably knowing about the turmoil going on in the younger's mind as he leaned closer to kiss.... Mingyu's forehead?

 

"What?" Mingyu mumbled, feeling embarrassed at how disappointed he sounded.

"Did you know that more people find forehead kisses more romantic because it speaks of love and respect, not just lust?" Wonwoo answered. "This is my way of showing you that I am willing to wait until you're not confused about what you feel for me. I'm not going anywhere."

"Oh." Mingyu smiled, nodding slowly. With an explanation like that, it would seem rude to be disappointed. The older was too sweet for anyone's good, really.

Wonwoo chuckled, pulling back. "So don't be too disappointed, okay? I do want to kiss you."

"Yeah, yeah." Mingyu mumbled, blushing again. He really needed to hide his disappointment better.

"Besides, I have another reason." Wonwoo said, leaning in close again. "I want you to want me, babe." He winked, slyly kissing the corner of Mingyu's mouth. "Now, let's go. We might be late for the train."

 

 Mingyu's eyes bugged out. Wonwoo nearly kissed him. It was so so close and he wished he turned his head a bit or something!

 

And of course he got embarrassed after thinking that.

 

But Mingyu noticed the flush on Wonwoo's cheeks as they headed to the station so he figured he wasn't the only one being shy about it. The thought made Mingyu smile.

--

 They made it to the station just in time and both Mingyu and Wonwoo had to endure Junghan's rant about how worried he was but the younger could see how his hyung smiled as he glanced at their interlocked hands.

 

"Thank you for opening up." Wonwoo whispered when everyone was asleep except the two of them.

Mingyu shook his head. "I should be the one thanking you." He smiled as Wonwoo raised an eyebrow. "Thank you for being so important that I opened up."

"Let's just both be grateful to have each other then."

Mingyu nodded before quickly kissing Wonwoo's cheek, chuckling when he saw the other look at him with wide eyes. "What? You can't be the only one sneaking kisses."

Wonwoo chuckled, burying his face in the crook of Mingyu's neck. "I really really do want to kiss you." He murmured softly, pressing a kiss at the gentle skin.

Mingyu hummed contendtedly, leaning his head on Wonwoo's as he laced their hands together. "Yeah, I know."

 

A.N'OMG i managed to update. i was reeally worried i couldnt because we have no internet at home right now. heh comp shop gaming hahaha

 

hopefully the internet would be back soon bc i am dying without it.

 

i really appreciate all the comments from the last chapter.  Thank youuu! <3 x

 

and to all the new subscribers, hi and welcome! :D 

my sister said this was a sad chapter... do you guys agree? Let me know what you think!! thank you and lovve you guys xx