First Dates p.1

Fall For You

Mingyu didn't know if he was expecting something to change after Wonwoo confessed to him but nothing really did. The moment that they had arrived at the train station, two guys, apparently Seokmin and Seungkwan, had dragged Wonwoo and the others before anyone could say a proper goodbye.

 

Mingyu had shrugged it off, chuckling as he heard Hansol whining as he was dragged away while Wonwoo was trying to wave and not bump into anyone. It was quite adorable.

 

"Your fond is oozing." Soonyoung laughed as he hit Mingyu's arm.

Junghan hugged Mingyu tightly. "I'm so proud of you! You're practically shooting out hearts from your eyes!"

"I am not!" Mingyu denied but the smile was still on his face. "Anyway, can we eat? Wonwoo and I didn't get to."

"Probably too busy eating each other." Jihoon muttered.

Jisoo smirked, chuckling when Mingyu blushed. "Look at our giant baby getting all red like a little school girl."

 

Mingyu groaned as his hyungs continued to . He would have endured it a little more if what they said was true but it wasn't so there's that. Junghan rolled his eyes and started guiding them to an open restaurant. Jisoo and Soonyoung kept making kissy faces at Mingyu while they were eating.

 

Wonwoo better kiss him soon to make up for this embarrassment.

--

Mingyu had to work at Shining Diamond the next night and he was a little upset that Wonwoo still hadn't contacted him yet. He tried to be reasonable about it; maybe the older was still hanging out with his friends. They were incomplete at Busan after all. But still, couldn't Wonwoo at least send out one message to him?

 

Thinking like that made Mingyu mentally face palm. He definitely didn't want to be the clingy boyfriend but he thought he had the right to be. Wonwoo had confessed to him after all so he should at least tell the younger where he was.

 

Stupid Wonwoo.

 

"Are you going to keep sighing all night?" Soonyoung asked with an amused expression.

Mingyu made a face at him. "I'm not sighing."

"Yes, you have been for like the past hour already." Jihoon commented. "Why am I here again? If I wanted to watch Mingyu sulk, I would have said so."

"I am not sulking!" Mingyu insisted. "Why is Jihoon hyung here though? I thought you would be sleeping or something."

"I wanted to but my genius boyfriend insisted I join him at work." Jihoon rolled his eyes as Soonyoung kissed his cheek.

"Well, I wanted to invite you here because my sister's coming tonight." Soonyoung explained, groaning when Jihoon hit his arm. "That hurt!"

"Why didn't you tell me that noona is coming?!" Jihoon exclaimed. "I would have dressed better!"

"Seungyeon noona is coming huh? Why?" Mingyu asked, feeling a bit better. Seungyeon had always been nice to him and may come flirty but it was all fun and games.

"Because my darling brother doesn't come home to visit often enough." A cute voice answered, quickly sitting down on a stool. "Martini, baby brother." She flashed Jihoon a grin. "Hi there, cutie brother in law."

"Hi, noona." Jihoon answered shyly, making Mingyu snicker. Jihoon flashed Mingyu a look before smiling at Seungyeon. "How have you been?"

"I'm fine but still a single Pringle." Seungyeon flashed Mingyu a coy smile. "Any chance you've rethink your preference?"

Soonyoung made an indignant sound as he handed Seungyeon her drink. "Sis, please. It's disgusting seeing you flirt with Mingyu. He's practically like my brother. This is almost like !"

Seungyeon scrunched up her nose. "Don't call it that. You're putting me off my game."

"You've never had any game that's why you're single." Soonyoung deadpanned.

"Jihoon, this is what you're going to be marrying! See how mean this child is!" Seungyeon pouted. "Your children are gonna be monsters."

 Mingyu made a face. Well, she had that right at least. "They're both guys luckily." He handed Jihoon another soda. "Anyway, why the fancy dress?" He said as he eyed what Seungyeon was wearing.

Seungyeon grinned. "My friend actually set me up for a blind date."

"What do you mean by blind date?! Do you know how dangerous that is? What if the guy drugs you? What's this guy's name huh?" Soonyoung hissed. Mingyu frowned; didn't Soonyoung set him up on a blind date before too?

Jihoon looked over at Soonyoung, a pleased expression on his face. "See, noona? This is what I'll be marrying." He gave Seungyeon a once over. "Though he may be right. Isn't your dress a little short?"

"Is it? Then I chose the right one!" Seungyeon giggled. "You don't have to worry, my baby brothers. I'm having my date here so if anything goes wrong, I can pretend Mingyu's my boyfriend." She said as she batted her lashes at Mingyu. "We could do it for real too. I wouldn't mind."

"I'm sorry but I would." A familiar voice cut in. Mingyu was about to complain about Wonwoo not replying to him when he saw how the older looked and it just took everything he had not to gawk too much.

Jihoon whistled. "You're looking hot tonight ,Jeon."

 

Soonyoung made another indignant sound while his boyfriend just patted his head. Mingyu decided to ignore them in favor of looking at Wonwoo. The older was wearing dark jeans with a white shirt, topped with a leather jacket. He had his hair styled up and wow, Mingyu might melt anytime soon. Wonwoo was trying to look confident but Mingyu could see that he was becoming shy at all the looks he's getting.

 

"Please tell me you're straight." Seungyeon pleaded.

Wonwoo chuckled, smiling sheepishly. "I don't really like lying so I can't." He sat down beside Seungyeon. "You'll find someone soon enough. You're pretty cute."

Soonyoung laughed. "Don't give her hope please. You're going to be her second Mingyu. You probably are actually. What are you drinking?"

"If it's okay, I'd like the other handsome bartender to serve me." Wonwoo grinned at Soonyoung.

Mingyu rolled his eyes as Soonyoung made kissy noises before leaning down in front of Wonwoo. "What'll it be, sir?" He said, playing along.

"I like it when you call me sir." Wonwoo smiled. "Are you going to be working all night?"

"I get off at 3. You gonna wait for me?"

Wonwoo nodded. "Then I need to be sober the whole night,hm? I'll just have a soda then."

Mingyu smiled at the thought of spending the whole night with Wonwoo and quickly gave him his soda. "Here you go, sir."

Wonwoo suddenly leaned up and kissed Mingyu's cheek. "Hey there, baby."

"H-hey." Mingyu stuttered because of the sudden kiss. "I thought you were going to act like a customer."

The older shrugged. "I could but that meant no kisses so nope."

Seungyeon groaned. "The handsome ones are also dating each other. This world is utterly unfair." She looked over at Mingyu and Wonwoo. "I can't even be mad at you guys because you two look so adorable. Thank God Junghan and Jisoo aren't here."

"Yeah, why aren't the hyungs here?" Wonwoo asked, absentmindedly grabbing Mingyu's hand.

"I really don't want to know." Jihoon answered as he looked at their hands. "So everything's cool with you two?"

Before they could answer, Seungyeon's phone suddenly chirped and she squealed before finishing her drink. "My date's here! See you boys later!" She hurriedly stood up, fixing her dress before going to another side of the bar.

"What's the guy's name?!" Soonyoung called out.

"Lee Jinki!" Seungyeon answered before she disappeared in the crowd.

Soonyoung quickly pulled out his phone and called someone. "Hello, Mr. Kim? Yeah, it's me. I need a background check for someone named Lee Jinki. Ah, no he hasn't done anything. Yet anyway. Okay. Yes thank you." He grinned as he ended his call.

"Background check?" Wonwoo raised an eyebrow. "Just how rich are you?"

"The Ferrari you saw was only one of his babies. He has four more back at his house." Mingyu answered.

"They've become six actually. It's like their house is giving birth to cars." Jihoon replied. "Back to my question, you guys are okay?"

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu, waiting for the younger to be the one to answer. Mingyu smiled shyly as he nodded. "Everything's perfect, hyung."

"That's good because you've been sighing so much since work started. It was funny at first but then it became annoying." Soonyoung said as he patted both their heads.

Wonwoo turned to Mingyu. "Why have you been sighing?"

"Uh..." mingyu mumbled. Now that Wonwoo was in front of him, it became even more embarrassing to admit that he was waiting for the older's text. "Nothing...?"

"Do I have to throw you on my shoulder again?" Wonwoo made a face. "It's gonna be quite hard with the leather jacket but I could probably manage."

Mingyu blushed, quickly shaking his head. "No, don't. I was just.. . sighing because you didn't text me..?"

"Why are you saying it like a question?" Wonwoo tilted his head and Mingyu sort of just had a mini heart attack. The older looked so good tonight. "I'm sorry I didn't get to text you. My friends and I were..planning."

"Planning what?" Mingyu asked, trying to focus on the conversation.

"Something " Wonwoo smirked. "You'll see."

 

Mingyu huffed out, pulling his hand away to serve another customer but he was genuinely curious. Wonwoo was planning something and this could only end up on Mingyu getting utterly embarrassed or in danger of exploding because of happiness or both. Well, it didn't seem that bad. Mingyu had great trust in Wonwoo after all.

 

Mingyu would never admit it but that night's shift was probably one of his all time favorites. They had a good crowd, not too overwhelming and the drinks were challenging enough to not make Mingyu bored but not too difficult that Mingyu would want to hit them. Since Jisoo didn't come to work, Jonghyun asked Jihoon to sing and despite the protests, his hyung went up and sang with Soonyoung constantly cheering for him. It was pretty hilarious when Soonyoung started screaming for people to get away from his boyfriend when the crowd became too close to the stage.

 

And of course, there was Wonwoo. The older just sat at the bar the whole night, talking with Soonyoung and Jihoon when Mingyu got busy. Wonwoo would also reach out a hand whenever the younger passed by, touching Mingyu's hand or waist or his back- whichever he could reach. Mingyu nearly giggled every time he did that and Wonwoo was certainly pleased. Whenever there wasn't any customers, Mingyu would stay with the older and their hands would just automatically fit in with each other.

 

"Everyone, good job tonight!" Jonghyun said as they were cleaning up. "You guys ready for school to start on Monday?"

Soonyoung groaned. "Did you have to mention it, hyung?"

Jonghyun chuckled. "Someone has to be responsible and remind you after all."

Mingyu rolled his eyes before looking at Wonwoo. "You don't have to help out, you know. You don't work here."

"What's wrong with helping my boyfriend out?" Wonwoo chuckled when the younger blushed. "Stop being adorable and hurry up."

"You guys can't be the only cute ones!" Soonyoung exclaimed as he squished Jihoon's cheeks. "Now, you don't stop being adorable, okay?"

Jihoon gave him a look until his boyfriend let go of his cheeks. "Do that again and you're sleeping on the couch."

"Well, that was a fail." Jonghyun commented before he clapped his hands. "Alright, I think we're good. Have a safe trip home!"

 

 

The four of them went out, calling out their goodbyes to Jonghyun who just nodded back at them. Soonyoung's Ferrari was parked out front again and Mingyu looked at Wonwoo pleadingly. He really really wanted to ride the car.

 

"You guys walking or riding with us?" Soonyoung asked as he turned off the alarm.

Wonwoo nodded at Mingyu. "My child of a boyfriend wanted to ride your car so I guess we're going with you guys."

Jihoon frowned. "Your legs are gonna be killing you but okay, get in."

"Thanks, hyung!" Mingyu exclaimed as he got in.

 

Wonwoo gave Soonyoung a shrug before following Mingyu. It was quite a tight fit but when the Ferrari sped off, it was well worth it. They reached Mingyu's place pretty quickly and he actually patted the car before Jihoon and Soonyoung went off.

 

"You really like Soonyoung's Ferrari huh?" Wonwoo commented as Mingyu continued to stare after the car.

Mingyu nodded. "I'm going to save up and buy one of my own. What color do you think I should get?"

"I've only seen red ones so red, I guess." Wonwoo shrugged. "Come on. I'll walk you up before I go."

 

Mingyu grinned, humming as they headed up. Usually, he'd be bone tired after a shift but Wonwoo was here and he was really happy and felt more energized than ever. When they reached Mingyu's unit, Wonwoo stopped him from coming in.

 

"Easy there, tiger." Wonwoo chuckled. "Why are you so happy? Aren't you even tired?"

Mingyu grinned. "I'm just really.. happy. I don't know. This shift was good." He nudged Wonwoo. "Now go away. I'm going to open the door."

"I can't come in though. I still have to go to work later." Wonwoo smiled at him.

Mingyu frowned. "You shouldn't have waited then. How many hours will you sleep?"

"I'm used to it so it's okay." Wonwoo chuckled when Mingyu frowned even more. "I slept a whole lot yesterday so I'm okay really."

"I don't want you to get sick. You should have told me you were working later. I wouldn't mind if you left earlier." Mingyu said, deeply worried. He would rather be with Wonwoo for a short time than to have the older working with only a few hours of sleep.

Wonwoo cooed. "Is my cute boyfriend worried?" He laughed at Mingyu's unamused face. "I really am fine,  Mingyu. Stop worrying. I don't like that look on you."

Mingyu sighed, hugging Wonwoo tightly. "You should like all of the looks I have, idiot. You can't just like selected parts of me."

The older hummed, wrapping his arms around Mingyu and started rocking them gently. "I do like every part of you, silly boy. I just don't want you to worry. That's not part of a good date."

"What date?"  Mingyu asked, pulling back a bit.

"Tonight is date one." Wonwoo grinned. "Did you enjoy it?"

"Enjoy what? We didn't do anything. I was working if you don't remember." Mingyu said confusedly.

Wonwoo pulled out his phone and showed Mingyu a list. "See a date at the bar." He pointed to the first item. Mingyu was still trying to read it when the older pulled it back. "I actually thought we should do it somewhere else but you were working and I didn't want Jonghyun hyung to kill you so Shining Diamond it is."

"What? What the heck are you talking about?" Mingyu raised an eyebrow, utterly confused about the list and everything.

Wonwoo glanced at his phone. "I better get going. Hansol's probably waiting up even when I told him not to. What time do you usually get up on Saturdays?"

"Uh... afternoon? Around 1 or something. Why?" Mingyu titled his head, feeling disoriented by the sudden question.

"Can you make it 12 then come to Jam Jam?" Wonwoo pouted. "Please? We're sort of working on a schedule."

"Schedule? What? But yeah I guess I could." Mingyu answered. "What do you mean by schedule?"

"Okay, thanks! I'll call you or have Hansol or Jun call you if I'm busy." Wonwoo grinned. "Go on in and take your beauty sleep."

"Can you explain everything first because I am so confused." Mingyu pouted.

"Nope!" Wonwoo chuckled as Mingyu started whining. "It's a surprise, babe." He pulled Mingyu closer for a quick hug before kissing his cheek. "Good night! See you later, beautiful!" Wonwoo exclaimed as he ran down.

 

Mingyu furrowed his brows, quickly walking in his unit and headed to the window. He looked out to see Wonwoo running towards the direction of his apartment, removing his leather jacket as he did. Mingyu couldn't help but feel pleased as he remembered how Wonwoo looked tonight.

 

As Mingyu got ready for bed, he tried to remember what was on the list Wonwoo showed him. He came up blank though and it was frustrating. Wonwoo had been saying lots of confusing things and he was pulling up with no explanation.

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Text me when you get home okay?

And please give me an explanation :(

I'm so confused @.@

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

I'm home :D

And nope, sorry.

 Didn't I say it was a surprise?

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

I'm not really a fan of surprises

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Then let me fix that :D

Sorry, but I really need to sleep

Good night, love xx

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

 Good night, Wonwoo x

I'm sorry I made you wait til 3 :(

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

 I wanted to, idiot

Now stop worrying

I can't sleep if my boyfriend is worried x

 

Mingyu didn't think it was a valid excuse to drop the subject but he didn't have something to contest it with. Plus, it was almost 4 in the morning and it's about time they got some shut eye.

 

 To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

 Okay fine

Sleep! You need it

Good night, Wonwoo xx

--

Mingyu woke up to the sound of his phone ringing and he just curled up further in his sheets, determined to ignore whoever it was. Even after he had said good night to Wonwoo, Mingyu had tried to come up with an explanation but had come up with nothing. He was still in dire need of sleep and whoever was calling him was rude to try and interrupt that.

 

The next time his phone rang, the song Junghan had set for their group started playing. Mingyu let out another groan but he started reaching for his phone. It was either Jisoo or Junghan and he really didn't want to get nagged at for not answering.

 

"Hello?" Mingyu mumbled sleepily.

Jisoo's familiar chuckle was heard. "Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Hyung? What... what's the matter?" Mingyu asked confusedly.

"Nothing. Hansol was trying to call you but he said you weren't answering so I told him I'll give it a try." Jisoo explained. "I'll hang up now so answer his call okay?"

"What." Mingyu repeated but his hyung had already hang up.

 

Before Mingyu could put the phone down, someone else was calling him. He felt a little more awake when he saw that it was Wonwoo and answered it.

 

"Wonwoo, good morning." Mingyu greeted happily.

"Hyung's actually working but good morning, hyung." Hansol said and Mingyu could already imagine him smirking. "Anyway, hyung wants you here by 12:30. Can you make it?"

Mingyu looked at the clock and saw that it was almost 12. "Uh... maybe? Why?"

"Didn't he say anything at all?" Hansol replied. "Yes, I know, hyung. I'm not telling Mingyu hyung anything!" Mingyu could hear some muttering before Hansol spoke properly. "Sorry, I was talking to Jun hyung. So, get yourself here as soon as you can."

"It's too early!" Mingyu whined, rolling back to bed.

"You sounded pretty happy and awake when you greeted hyung a good morning." Hansol commented. "Want to talk to him?"

Mingyu sat up. "Can I?"

"Couples really." Hansol muttered.

Mingyu waited for a while before he could hear Wonwoo's voice. "Ah, yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not straight. Hansol, why..? Oh, it's Mingyu? Excuse me, ma'am but my boyfriend's calling." Wonwoo excused before addressing the younger. "Good morning, baby."

"Don't good morning me. Is someone flirting with you?" Mingyu huffed. This was really not how he wanted to start his day.

"Yeah but I turned her down. She said I was just confused and dating her would sort that out." Wonwoo snickered. "Is my lovely boyfriend jealous?"

Mingyu huffed again, about to deny it before thinking about it some more. "Yeah, your lovely boyfriend is."

"Four." Wonwoo breathed before chuckling. "You don't have anything to worry about, I promise. She's not even cute at all."

"But still." Mingyu chewed his lip. "Maybe your boyfriend should head there and protect you. You can never be too sure after all."

"I would love that. I have to go, babe. Orders sadly don't serve themselves." Wonwoo sighed. "Laters, baby."

 

Mingyu threw his phone on his bed before heading to the shower. He made sure to look especially good today; he had to protect Wonwoo from all the customers that flirt with him.

--

Jam Jam was relatively empty by the time Mingyu had arrived and a small part of him was disappointed that he couldn't show whoever was flirting with Wonwoo that the older was already taken. The girl's reaction was sure to be hilarious.

 

Hansol waved at him as he walked in and he could see that there were still customers, just far and between so he thought it was empty. Huh, maybe the girl was still here.

 

"Hey, hyung!" Hansol greeted. "You're 5 minutes late."

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "Have you been waiting for me this entire time?"

"Yeah, I have been actually." Hansol pulled on Mingyu's wrist. "Hyung is still working but he's getting off soon and he said I have to find you the best table, whatever that meant. All the tables look the same to me."

Mingyu looked around, nodding. "They're tables. There's not much to be special about them."

Hansol grinned at him. "See, this is why we're going through all this." He pushed Mingyu to an empty table. "Now stay here."

Mingyu frowned at him. "You could sound less rude, you child. I'm older than you."

"Not even by a full year so I don't really count it." Hansol waved at him. "I have to go. I promised Chan I'll play FIFA with him. I'll tell hyung you're here too!"

 

Mingyu nodded as Hansol went to the other side of Jam Jam, presumably to Wonwoo before running out of the restaurant. Now that Mingyu was here, he remembered that he hasn't had anything yet and the smell was starting to make him hungry. All of the tables around him were empty and there wasn't a waiter around as well.

 

"What does a guy have to do to get food around here?" Mingyu groaned, leaning his head against the table.

"Mingyu, there you are!" Jun waved at him as he approached. "Why is your head on the table?"

"Please tell me you have food, hyung." Mingyu pleaded.

Jun chuckled. "I'm the cook here so of course, I do! I'm not sure if I can feed you though. Wonwoo didn't say anything about that."

"I won't tell him so please, hyung? I'm starving." Mingyu pouted as an added effect.

 

Jun looked at him and Mingyu was worried that all his acting was for nothing when the older finally headed back to the kitchen. When Jun came back, he had a plate of butter toast and some waffles with him. They all looked so heavenly that Mingyu made a mental note to eat here more often.

 

"You look like I just saved your life." Jun laughed as he took the seat across Mingyu.

Mingyu nodded rapidly as he started eating. "You may as well have."

"You should share your appetite with that boyfriend of yours. He barely eats if no one forces him to. That's why he's so skinny."

Mingyu stopped eating, a frown set on his face. "And he said he'll make sure that I'm eating right but he doesn't do it himself." He rolled his eyes. "I'll take care of it, hyung. Don't worry."

"That's good." Jun nodded. "Oh, where's Hansol?"

"He said he's playing FIFA with someone named Chan? I'm not sure though."

"Oh, good luck to Chan then. The kid's had a crush on Hansol for a while now but that brat doesn't notice or react." Jun sighed.

Mingyu chuckled. "Hansol's a pretty sharp kid. He'll figure it out soon enough."

"Yeah, I hope so." Jun nodded. "Go ahead and eat."

The younger nodded back before focusing back on his meal. It was sort of hard since Jun was staring at him while he ate and it made Mingyu very self conscious. "Uh, is there something on my face, hyung?" He asked when he couldn't stand it anymore.

Jun shook his head, not even a bit ashamed of getting caught staring. "I was just thinking that Wonwoo must really like you."

"O-oh... why do you say that?" Mingyu asked, feeling slightly embarrassed but pleased mostly.

"He introduced you to Hansol before Seungcheol hyung." Jun stated simply.

"I... don't get it?" Mingyu tilted his head. "Is that not normal?"

Jun pursed his lips. "I don't really know how to talk about it since this was just told to me as well. You know Wonwoo and Cheol hyung have known each other for a long time, right?" He waited for Mingyu to nod before continuing. "They've always been very protective of each other and Hansol was the first one that I know of that Wonwoo was even more protective of. He had went on dates before but they only met Seungcheol hyung or me before it ended. Hansol was like his baby or something. The fact that he let you meet him so quickly and before us is just.. amazing."

 

Mingyu gaped at what Jun said. He had known how important Hansol was in Wonwoo's life but it sort of shocked him that apparently meeting the kid was a privilege rather than a norm. He looked down at his almost empty plate to try and hide the smile blooming on his face. Maybe it was just Mingyu being insecure or emotionally constipated or whatever but this made him very happy.

 

"And by the smile you have I think you feel the same way?" Jun asked with a gentle smile. "I just have a request if you don't mind."

Mingyu easily nodded. "Yeah, sure. Anything."

"Make something really special for Wonwoo as well, okay? We're using all of our heads here and honestly, you would not believe how chaotic it all was." Jun groaned.

"I don't get it?" Mingyu answered. "Is this the plan that Wonwoo said you guys were doing?"

Jun's eyes widened. "Oh my God, I think I've said too much! Oh good. You're done eating." He hurriedly stood up and grabbed Mingyu's empty plate. "I didn't say anything!"

 

Mingyu just stared at the kitchen doors where Jun disappeared and wondered when the heck someone will explain something to him. He waited around for a couple more minutes before Wonwoo appeared.

 

"Over here!" Mingyu waved.

Wonwoo grinned and quickly headed to his side. "I'm so sorry I made you wait. Hansol had something to do too so he couldn't keep you company. I'm sorry."

Mingyu chuckled. "I was actually with Jun hyung so it's okay. Tiring shift?"

"Yeah, the girls at table three wouldn't leave no matter how much I insist I'm gay." Wonwoo sighed.

Mingyu hummed. "Are they still there? We could show them how couply we are."

"And how are we going to do that?" Wonwoo asked with a smirk. "You gonna kiss me in front of them?"

The younger blushed, remembering his hyungs teasing him. "N-no. Whatever. Shut up."

Wonwoo chuckled. "I was just teasing you, babe." He glanced back at the doors. "Anyway, I'm just going to show you something really quick."

"You don't have to hurry. You've been rushing all morning long." Mingyu assured him. He frowned as he remembered what Jun told him. "Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

Wonwoo froze at the sudden question. "Uh... no?" He furrowed his brows. "I'm not hungry though so it's okay."

Mingyu shook his head. "I want you to eat though." He added a pout at the end.

"I'll worry about that later. I'm not saying no, just later, okay?" Wonwoo smiled. "Wait here for a bit."

 

Mingyu groaned about being left alone again. He was determined to make Wonwoo eat something before they do whatever it was they'll be doing. Luckily, another waiter was headed to the kitchen and Mingyu could remember him being the one who served him when he went to Jam Jam packed.

 

"Wonwoo said there were no more customers." Minki muttered before putting on a smile. "What'll you have?"

Mingyu was about to deny that he was a customer but remembered that Wonwoo hadn't eaten yet. "A plate of chocolate chip pancakes please."

"Alright. It'll be out in just a minute." Minki nodded before heading to the kitchen.

 

Wonwoo came out of the kitchen a few minutes later. He had a cup on his hand and a wide grin plastered on his face. Mingyu took a sniff and smelled the coffee which must be in the cup. Wonwoo carefully set it on top of the table, making the younger gasp.

 

"H-how?" Mingyu asked, staring at the heart with his name inside from the foam of the coffee. He had always admired those but he didn't know how to make them.

Wonwoo smiled shyly. "It's not perfect since I've only been doing it for a while but I hope you like it?"

"I love it. Thank you." Mingyu grinned widely. "You're so talented, oh my God."

"I'm not." The older answered, scratching the back of his neck. Mingyu had started to recognize it as his habit whenever he's nervous or shy about something.

"You're so cute." Mingyu commented, taking Wonwoo's hand. "Practically adorable really."

"So you're this sloth's boyfriend." Minki said as he got back. "Here are your pancakes. Jun said they were free so enjoy."

Wonwoo chuckled,  sitting beside Mingyu. "Thanks, hyung. Tell Jun I said thanks as well."

 

Minki gave them a slight wave before heading back to the kitchen. Mingyu took lots of pictures of the coffee the older had given him. Wonwoo was chuckling as he leaned against the younger. Mingyu pointed at the food and the other thought he was asking to be fed.

 

"That's yours, idiot." Mingyu chuckled, taking the fork from Wonwoo. "Now, say ah."

"What? But you ordered this." Wonwoo replied.

"I ordered it for you. Now say ah. You said we have some kind of schedule."

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu had a sort stare down before the older finally nodded and opened his mouth. The younger grinned in triumph and began feeding the older. Wonwoo was sort of like a child who kept grumbling as he was fed but Mingyu didn't really care since it was adorable.

 

Once the plate was empty, Wonwoo heaved a sigh of relief and actually pumped his fist in the air. Mingyu rolled his eyes fondly before drinking the almost stale coffee. He almost made a face as he drank it but he held it back. Wonwoo laughed anyway so he figured that he failed at not making a face.

 

"Where are we going next?" Mingyu asked as they headed out of Jam Jam.

Wonwoo pointed to a random direction. "Here, there and everywhere."

"Are you really not going to explain anything to me?"

"That would ruin the surprise though,  don't you think?"

"I have a lot of doubts about this surprise." Mingyu huffed. "Just a mini explanation please?"

"We're going on a date, babe." Wonwoo explained.

"W-what?" Mingyu suddenly stopped. "A date? What? Now?"

Wonwoo nodded, tapping Mingyu's nose.  "Yes, a date. A date is something couples or people who like each other do. And yes, now, babe."

Mingyu chuckled, holding Wonwoo's finger. "I don't remember agreeing or even getting asked out on one." He shrugged. "Call me old fashioned but you know."

Wonwoo smiled amusedly at him before he nodded, pulling Mingyu closer. "Kim Mingyu, would you do me the honor of going on a date with me?"

"Well..." Mingyu smiled. "Okay fine. Now, can I know where our date is?"

"The answer is still no, baby."

"This better be worth it. I hate surprises."

 Wonwoo chuckled. "You already said that but I will try my best to make it worth it."

 

A.N: the proper author's note will be at the next chapter~ <3