Bonus Chapter: Permission

Fall For You

What Doyoon had said wouldn't escape Mingyu's mind. After meeting the older's brother, Mingyu hadn't seen Doyoon around even though they lived across each other. When he asked Jisoo about it, his hyung said that Doyoon was busy working on some presentation so he was mostly stuck at the library. 

 

"Why are you looking for him anyway?" Junghan asked. "Does this mean that the two of you are completely okay now?" 

Mingyu paused to think about it before shrugging. "I'm not really sure. He isn't doing anything to try and get Wonwoo back but he still stares. I think he made up with Seungcheol hyung though." 

"Oh yeah, they did. Seungcheol actually grabbed lunch with us the other day." Jisoo chimed in. "They were pretty rowdy when they're together." 

"At least they made up." Junghan smiled. "Anyway that isn't the issue here! Yah, Kim Mingyu!" 

Mingyu stared at his hyung because of the sudden outburst, giving Jisoo a side eyed glance as well but his hyung looked confused as well. "Uh, yes, Yoon Junghan hyung?" 

"Wonwoo told Soonyoung who told me that you went on a triple date! I've always asked you for a double date but you said that wasn't your scene and I'm hearing this! What other lies have you told me?" Junghan exclaimed, looking seriously offended. 

Mingyu pouted. "I didn't really want to cause double dates are very cheesy but Wonwoo made me do it! Hansol was mad at me so I didn't really have a choice."

"Is this cause Wonwoo went to your place before going back to theirs?" Jisoo asked before throwing a chunk of eraser when Mingyu nodded. "Then he should be mad at you. He ruined my carefully planned perfect date!" 

Junghan chuckled, kissing Jisoo's cheek. "The whole picnic under the stars idea was nice though. Beside, Hansol did leave eventually." 

"Eventually." Jisoo grumbled. "Anyway, you owe us." 

Mingyu scoffed. "How is Hansol ruining your date my fault?"

"If it wasn't for you, Wonwoo would have gone straight home." 

Mingyu paused, thinking about it before giving a slight nod. "Okay, maybe it was my fault." He sighed. "Okay, what do you want?" 

"A double date!" Junghan exclaimed. "Wait, no, a triple date! Let's bring Soonyoung and Jihoon along." 

Mingyu shook his head, making a beeping sound. "Soonyoung hyung's already getting ready for the talent showcase. He's going to start living at the dance studio soon."

"Again?" Junghan frowned. "Jihoon's going to be lonely again." He tilted his head. "So, no to the triple date? What about the double date?"

"What's the point of this really? I mean we all hang out at Shining Diamond every Friday. Can't that be considered as a date?" Mingyu whined. 

"If you think watching Jisoo get ogled by tons of girls and guys is romantic and date worthy then you must really be as dumb as Jihoon says you are." Junghan frowned. "Wonwoo isn't too happy with watching people flirt with you too."

"He doesn't say anything about it though?" Mingyu asked, confusion coloring his tone. "Did he say that to you, hyung?"

"I'm only at the bar for a couple of minutes and I can see it. He didn't have to tell us for us to know." Jisoo answered. 

"I'm sure you assure him how in love you are with him afterwards so there's nothing to worry to about." Junghan grinned. "So for our date I was thinking..."

 

Junghan started droning on about where they should go and the things they could do. Mingyu might have heard bungee jumping getting thrown in the mix but he wasn't really focused on the conversation.

 

He had never told Wonwoo that he was in love with him. Honestly, he wasn't even sure of how he was feeling towards the older. He knew that he liked Wonwoo very much but could that be considered as love already? He cussed at how useless his past relationship had been; he really didn't learn anything at all from that experience. Then he looked at Jisoo and Junghan. The two were obviously in love with each other; their looks always held some sort of weight of affection and love in them and they were always subtly touching one another. 

 

"Hyung, how did you know you were in love?" Mingyu suddenly blurted out without even thinking about it. He flushed as he realized that he just spoke. "Oh, uh, never mind me. I wasn't thinking when I said that."

 

Junghan and Jisoo stared at each other in what Mingyu dubbed as their parental looks. He knew that his hyungs would continue to ponder this question even after this discussion.

 

"Okay? I, uh, would like to answer that anyway? If you don't mind?" Jisoo said tentatively. Mingyu nodded because he was curious. Junghan had told him countless of times that he had fallen in love with Jisoo the moment they had met but Jisoo had never said his side of the story. Jisoo cleared his throat, a slight blush on his cheeks. "I didn't really like Junghan at first. You had to admit that Junghan following me around until I told him my name was creepy and stalkerish."

Mingyu whipped his head to Junghan, eyes widening. "You stalked Jisoo hyung before?!"

"It's called getting to know my crush!" Junghan pouted. "Couldn't you have started off at another point? This is making me look bad in front of our child."

Jisoo grinned, lacing their hands together. "What about I call you my admirer? You're good looking so I don't think you should classify as a stalker." He kissed Junghan's knuckles before focusing back on Mingyu. "I won't tell you the whole thing but let's just say that I slowly got used to Junghan following me around and eventually started talking to him. It was awkward and so obviously forced at first since I was hesitant to make friends with someone that was following me around. It was Aron hyung that told me to just ... let go and relax, to treat Junghan like a normal friend and it was the best advice ever."

"Aron hyung wouldn't stop lording it over me even until now but since he was technically our matchmaker, I'll let it pass." Junghan commented. 

"So you got together immediately after that?" Mingyu asked. 

"Nope." Jisoo answered. "We became friends and then Junghan stopped following me around which weirded me out."

"Friends don't stalk friends." Junghan shrugged. 

Jisoo nodded, bringing their laced hands to his lips. "I actually got mad and demanded an explanation why he wasn't following me around anymore and if he had found someone else. The moment I stopped yelling, I just knew. I was already in love with Junghan even with his stalker tendencies." 

 

Mingyu looked away then. His hyungs always made him feel like he was watching some kind of romance drama unfold before his very eyes. He didn't even have Soonyoung to be miserable with and he could practically see the hearts floating around the two. 

 

"What about you, Mingyu?" Junghan asked after a while.

Mingyu raised an eyebrow, tilting his head. "What about me?"

"When did you know you were in love with Wonwoo? You've never told us how the two of you got together." Jisoo continued. 

"I uh, uhm, what.." Mingyu spluttered before he glanced at the clock. "Oh, wow, look at the time! I'm going to be late with stuff so yeah have to go!" 

 

Mingyu quickly gathered his things before bolting out of the door, ignoring the calls from his hyungs. He couldn't help but scoff at how lame his exit was but it did get the job done so he'd let it go this time. His steps slowed down when he was a considerable distance from his hyungs' place and started thinking about what he was asked. 

 

Mingyu couldn't just tell his hyungs how he had met Wonwoo. Meeting him at a bar and asking him to be his fake boyfriend wasn't something he could just share with others. He sighed deeply as he took a seat on one of the benches. He had already wondered on how things got complicated when he found out that Doyoon was Wonwoo's ex but now he was wondering when everything became real, if things were real. Were they? Considering all of the things that they've done, it had to be. Mingyu felt his cheeks heat up as he remembered kissing Wonwoo over and over again. That had to be real, right? 

 

"Ugh. Why is life so complicated?" Mingyu groaned aloud, tipping his head back.

"What's complicated about it?" 

Mingyu raised his head. "Hey, Doyoon hyung. I thought you were going to start living in the library?"

Doyoon chuckled, taking a seat beside Mingyu. "Library hermits go out and see the sun as well." He nudged Mingyu. "So, tell me. What's so complicated about life?" 

"Everything. How could you not think that it's complicated?"

Doyoon shrugged. "I didn't say it wasn't. I was just asking why you think it is." 

 

Mingyu stared at Doyoon. They were getting back to being friends but could he really trust the older not to steal his boyfriend? Was Wonwoo even his real boyfriend now? He knew that he didn't like seeing Doyoon together with Wonwoo but was he just being selfish? 

 

"I could practically hear your thoughts." Doyoon frowned. "This is about Wonwoo isn't it?" 

"Yeah, it is." Mingyu admitted.

Doyoon hummed. "What's complicated about Won? He's a pretty honest guy and he doesn't really know how to hide his emotions. What you see is what he feels." He cocked his head at Mingyu. "What's bothering you then?" 

 

The younger sighed, chewing on his bottom lip afterwards. Doyoon was right; Wonwoo was honest and always so open about what he was feeling. It was Mingyu that was closed off and would often lie to hide what he was feeling. 

 

"Silence." Doyoon commented after a few minutes. "Since I don't know what the problem is I'll just give you a general advice. Don't think about it too much or talk to Wonwoo. Those should be fairly easy." 

"I don't think I could trust you on this." Mingyu frowned.

"Because I'm Wonwoo's ex?"

"You're Wonwoo's ex that just left him and then came back to try and get him back." 

Doyoon laughed. "Point taken. I'm not actively pursuing him now though so you might want to recheck my credentials." 

"Why aren't you trying to get him back anyway? It's sort of unnerving. It's like the moment I let my guard down, you're going to steal him away."

"Then don't let your guard down." Doyoon said simply. "Won is really happy with you that's why I'm backing off." 

"For real?" 

 

Doyoon shrugged before announcing that he was hungry and started dragging Mingyu to a nearby restaurant. Being with Doyoon was like how it was before, easy and distracting. The older rambled on about the project he was working on, imitating his groupmates with exaggeration before complaining about how he had missed his bed. Mingyu found himself laughing along and forgetting about his troubles without meaning to. 

 

"Hey, thanks." Mingyu said after they had finished their meal. The waitress had been happily flirting with Doyoon while the older flirted right back.

Doyoon grinned, pocketing the number he got from the waitress. "Told you we could be friends." He chuckled. "You're welcome but I want you to know that this means you owe me."

The younger scoffed. "I knew you wouldn't be doing this for free. What do you want then?" 

"Do you really want to know right now? I think I should get your mind off of things first!" 

"Hyung..." Mingyu whined. "Just say it. You're making me nervous about this." The younger said while fidgeting in his seat. 

 

He really had no idea what Doyoon could ask for. If this was before, he'd be a hundred percent sure that the favor would be Wonwoo related, maybe something as ridiculous as breaking up with the other but Doyoon had changed. Changed wasn't the right word but he looked and acted like he had accepted the fact that Wonwoo wasn't his anymore. This afternoon spent together also proved that they could overlook the fact that Doyoon tried to steal Wonwoo away and become friends again. It was these factors that made it hard to guess what the older could ask from Mingyu. 

 

"You sure you want to know right now?" Doyoon asked, eyebrow raising. 

Mingyu rolled his eyes. "It's not like you're going to ask me to kill someone, right? Just spit it out." 

Doyoon nodded then his expression shifted to a more somber and serious one. "Mingyu, please, please let me have one last date with Wonwoo."

~

Doyoon (the POV shifted to Doyoon's at this point) 

 

The moment Sungyeol had allowed his brother to actually talk and greet Myungsoo, Doyoon had immediately told the older everything that happened and asked for his advice. Myungsoo and Sungyeol had been dating long enough that Doyoon already treated Myungsoo as his own brother as well and generally came to him more to get help. The older had listened patiently and attentively even though he looked like he wanted to sleep more than anything else. 

 

"I think... Well, Taekwoon hyung already said what I should be saying." Myungsoo said slowly as if he was weighing the words in his head. He probably was. "But I think you need to do something else." 

"What would that be?" Doyoon asked. 

"Closure." Myungsoo said with finality. "You just up and left him two years ago and then came back like some kind of whirlwind. The poor guy must be so confused as to why you left and came back. I know that closure isn't a right but I think you need this, the two of you." 

 

After mulling over what Myungsoo said, Doyoon realized that the older was right and he had been trying to find a way to do just that. He couldn't ask that of Seungcheol just yet; their renewed friendship was still a little testy and Wonwoo was strictly off limits to their talks. It felt like some kind of joke when Sungyeol stumbled upon Mingyu and Wonwoo on a date. 

 

Doyoon focused his attention on everyone but Wonwoo that day. He tried befriending Hansol but the younger would just glare at him obviously aware of his history with Wonwoo so he had given up on that soon enough. It had been difficult though. He was sure that Mingyu had caught him looking at Wonwoo more than once but he just couldn't help himself. He really was trying his best to be good and move on; his body just kept betraying him. 

 

Luckily, or unluckily-it depended on how you look at it really-, Pledis seemed to intervene and swamped Doyoon with presentations and projects after he had sent off Myungsoo and Sungyeol back to Changwon. Wonwoo had been pushed to the back of his mind and he barely had any contact with anyone else but Jisoo and Seungcheol. Until today. He had been on his way to Jisoo's place to eat some of Junghan's cooking but he came across Minguu instead so now here they were.

 

Mingyu's jaw had fallen slack and he looked like he had been frozen in absolute shock. Doyoon couldn't really blame him. He didn't plan on just blurting out the request either but the chance was there so he couldn't just let it pass. 

 

"Uh, Mingyu?" Doyoon called out, lightly poking the younger's cheek. 

Mingyu snapped out of it before fully glaring at Doyoon. Like expected. "What the hell do you mean? I thought you weren't actively pursuing Wonwoo anymore."

"I'm not." Doyoon said calmly but he glanced out the window instead. "I'm not asking this to get him back."

"Then why? What could you possibly gain from a date except that?" 

Doyoon turned his head back at Mingyu's direction, making sure their gazes locked before answering as serious as he could. "To give us closure." 

 

Doyoon watched as the anger in Mingyu's eyes slowly ebb down but not totally vanish. Mingyu had mentioned his past relationship to Doyoon before and he knew that the younger didn't get a proper closure either. It was just one big fight that blew up and made them call it quits. He wonders if Mingyu ever wanted to get that from his ex, a proper talking and explaining of what happened but he doubted it. Not to be judgmental or anything but Mingyu's relationship had been shallow while Wonwoo and Doyoon's was... It was everything. It defined a huge part of his life. 

 

"I don't know what to say." Mingyu admitted after a few minutes of silence between them. "I want to say no but a part of me thinks I should allow this." 

Doyoon nodded slowly. "You don't have to decide right now? Like I said, I was going to wait it out until later to ask this of you." 

"I don't think my reactions would change much from now and later." Mingyu shrugged. He closed his eyes, rubbing his temples. "I'll bite though. I don't want to think about this yet so any ideas on what we could do?" 

 

Doyoon smiled a bit before nodding. He quickly pulled Mingyu to his feet and headed to the arcade. The initial walk to the arcade was filled with silence, Mingyu obviously thinking about what Doyoon had said. Doyoon quickly racked his mind for something to talk about and ended up blurting out Myungsoo's name. He remembered how Mingyu seemed to take a liking to the older and hoped that this was at least a safe topic. It took a while but Mingyu seemed genuinely curious about Myungsoo and his profession so their conversation became less forced as they got nearer the arcade. 

 

Mingyu apparently had a thing for shooting games when he was trying to distract himself. They had already been to five shooting games that ranged from shooting zombies, shooting soldiers up to shooting candy trees. It was a pretty weird game but Mingyu liked it so Doyoon couldn't complain. After running out of shooting games, they had their try at fighting games. During the first few rounds, Mingyu was mercilessly killing Doyoon's character which made Doyoon hlad that this was just a game. 

 

"Are you purposely losing?" Mingyu asked after the sixth KO. 

Doyoon frowned at him. "No, it's just that you're practically destroying the buttons when you attack me. I don't have that much time to block you or counter."

 

Mingyu groaned in frustration before heading out of the arcade, leaving Doyoon dumfounded. Some of the other people in the arcade were openly gawking at Doyoon so he quickly ran after the younger. It wasn't difficult finding Mingyu, the younger towering over the others as he paced back and forth. Doyoon leaned against a lamp post as he watched Mingyu, wondering if he should say something. He had never seen Mingyu this... agitated.

 

"Tell me. Sell the idea to me." Mingyu suddenly hissed at Doyoon. 

Doyoon blinked, confused about what the younger was saying. "Sell what? What are you talking about?"

"Why should I trust you to go on one date with my boyfriend? How will I be sure that this isn't part of your plan to get him back?" Mingyu demanded.

 

Doyoon stiffened as he nodded. He took a deep breath. He was expecting this question and had even prepared a list but the words he had written flew away from his mind, leaving him no choice but to just say the truth. 

 

"When we were about to leave Changwon, Taekwoon hyung talked some very direct sense to me. You should know hyung by the way. Wonwoo practically worships the guy." Doyoon commented before going back to what he was saying. "He told me that it was time to move on and I agreed to that hence the backing off. I also asked advice from Myungsoo hyung and he was the one that told me that we needed closure."

"Why do you need it then? Why would Wonwoo need it?"

Doyoon cleared his throat, eyes shifting around. "Honestly, I didn't want to do it. If we have this closure, then it would mean that we were really done, that I'm closing the door on that part of my life and I don't know if I could handle it but I thought about what Myungsoo hyung had said." He sighed as he glanced back at Mingyu. "He kept saying that Wonwoo needed this more and he's right. Gyu, I know why you're hesitant about this and if we were in reverses situations, I would be too. But think about Wonwoo. I owe him an explanation for just leaving, coming back and everything. Please. Mingyu, I really need to do this."

 

Doyoon waited with a bated breath as Mingyu just stared at him. The younger's face was hard to read and Doyoon didn't know what to expect. His shoulders slumped when Mingyu turned around and started walking away but he shot up when he heard Mingyu speak.

 

"One final date okay? I'll talk it over with him first. Don't mess this up for him." Mingyu called out. 

 

Doyoon nodded dumbly, watching as Mingyu walked away, presumably to Wonwoo's place. He couldn't believe that the younger agreed. He had hoped of course but actually hearing Mingyu say it was unbelievable. Now, he only had to wish that Wonwoo would agree which was honestly more nerve wracking than anything else because the younger had to have some kind of grudge against him. 

 

Doyoon had been trying to sleep at his place but Mingyu hadn't texted him or anything if Wonwoo had agreed so he couldn't get any shut eye. He was as jittery and nervous like the night before he promised he would ask Wonwoo out. Just as drowsiness was starting to creep on him, his phone beeped and he nearly gave himself a whiplash at how quick he lunged for it. 

 

From: unknown number

So, Mingyu says we have a date? 

Is that right? 

 

Doyoon's heart sped up as he read the message. He quickly typed out a reply. 

 

To: unknown number

Won? 

Yeah, I asked him if I could have one date with you

 

From: unknown number

Yeah, it's me.

Well.... text me the details then? 

This is very confusing but okay.

Goodnight, Doyoon hyung

 

To: Wonwoo

I will. Text me your address and i'll work something out

Goodnight, Wonwoo 

 

A.N: MERRY CHRISTMAS! I didn't think I would finish it within the day but I did so yeey??? I know this update is short while the last one was...mehh but i do hope you'll be patient with me. I still go to review even during the holidays so ugh yes what is break?? 

 

Anyway, the next chapter would be hopefully hopefully longer. I swear I will do my best with it because it is one of the highlights of this fix. So please anticipate it!!

 

Have you guys watched Where is my friend's island? They're sooo adorable and the last episode just.. 3 feeels. 

 

Drop me a comment to let me know what you think?? 

 

Thank you as usual for being lovely and supportive. Love you all. xx HAVE A JOYOUS CHRISTMAS! <3 THANK YOU.