Fluff and Confusion

Fall For You

Mingyu woke up with a goofy grin on his face, his phone still in his hands. He had read and reread and reread and reread the message until he could recite it in his sleep. It was the first thing he read again once he woke up. He stretched, humming happily as he glanced at his still asleep hyungs. Mingyu glanced at the time on his phone; he was up way earlier than usual. He was apparently way too giddy for sleep. Shrugging, he just took a quick shower, planning to walk by the seaside after.

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Tell me I'm not the only one that can't stay asleep?

If i woke you up, sorry x

 

Mingyu chuckled softly as he got dressed. He decided to let Wonwoo wait for a bit as he fixed up his bed, styling his hair carefully. He even made sure that all of his things were already packed; Soonyoung didn't specify what time they'd leave but Mingyu wanted to be ready just in case. 

 

To: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

You're not the only one :) 

Walk with me? x

 

From: Freaking Cute Guy with a Deep Voice Wonwoo

Way ahead of you

I'm waiting at your lobby x

 

Mingyu's grin widened, glancing at his hyungs again. He shrugged as he headed out; he figured he'll just text them when they started looking for him. The walk felt longer somehow and Mingyu just wanted to arrive at the lobby already. He broke into a light jog once he saw the familiar back leaning by the entrance. 

 

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu called out as he approached.

The older smiled, pushing against the wall. "Good morning, Mingyu."

"Good morning." Mingyu greeted softly. 

"How was your sleep?" 

The younger shrugged, biting his lip as he tilted his head. "Oh, you know. What about yours?"

The older chuckled. "I asked you first."

"Well, I'm asking you now." Mingyu bit his lip harder. This was such a basic in Flirting 101 and he could already feel a giggle trying to break out.

Wonwoo smiled. "I was replaying what happened last night over and over again. I think I've memorized it already actually." He admitted shyly.

Mingyu could feel the smile threatening to break his face into halves, nodding slightly. "I'm surprised I had that much effect on you." He teased.

The older laughed. "I actually mean carrying Hansol on my back. He's not as light as he looks. I think my back started hurting."

Mingyu cooed, playing along. "Aw, my poor boyfriend." He said as he moved to Wonwoo's back, gently rubbing it. "Does it still hurt?"

To Mingyu's surprise, Wonwoo was blushing. "A-ah, I guess so. I think I may need a full body massage." He said playfully but his blush made his words just seem cute. 

"Where do you get your lines?" Mingyu chuckled, leaning against Wonwoo's back. "I bet you and Seungcheol hyung bond over making these cheesy lines."

"How is what I said even remotely close to being cheesy?" Wonwoo countered. "I think you just feel tingly because I'm the one saying it."

Mingyu flushed, glad that the older couldn't see him. "Did you just say tingly?" He said, trying to hide his face even more.

"Mhm, I did." Wonwoo peeked at him. "Why are you hiding?" Then he laughed. "I'm right aren't I?"

"Oh, shut up. Who even uses tingly these days?" The younger retorted.

Wonwoo hummed. "That's not a no, babe."

Since Mingyu didn't know what to say to that, he bit down on Wonwoo's shoulder, laughing when he felt the older stiffen. Then Wonwoo flicked his forehead, muttering about cute dogs but Mingyu didn't miss how the older's eyes darkened slightly. He smirked at the interesting knowledge, humoring the other by fake barking. 

 

"Let's just go for that walk." Wonwoo muttered, looking down at the ground.

Mingyu hummed as he nodded. "I think we're fair now so okay."

"I should get a spray so I can squirt you when you're being a bad dog." Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

"But I'm not a bad dog and you don't have one so you can't." Mingyu said, sticking his tongue out as they began walking. 

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes again but he grabbed Mingyu's hand so the younger figured he wasn't that annoyed. Mingyu was getting more used at holding hands with the older; to be honest, it felt even weirder if they weren't holding hands when they were together. He was simply getting used to the older's presence. 

 

"What are you smiling about?" Wonwoo asked.

Mingyu shook his head; he wasn't even aware that he was smiling. "I'm not."

"Yes, you are." Wonwoo insisted, raising their joined hands to poke at Mingyu's cheek. "What are you thinking of hm?"

"Why should I tell you?" Mingyu asked, laughing when the older pouted.

"Because it's rude to think of someone else when you're with your boyfriend, idiot." Wonwoo countered.

 Mingyu wasn't sure when the word boyfriend had a magical effect on him but he was pretty sure it started after he met Wonwoo. "I-I'm not." He cleared his throat. "I'm not thinking of anybody else."

"Just me?" Wonwoo whispered, tilting his head, eyes looking straight at Mingyu's.

Mingyu nodded dazedly. "Just you."

 

Wonwoo nodded, a pleased smile on his face as he pulled Mingyu towards the shore. Since it was still early, there weren't that many people around yet. It was mostly quiet and usually, Mingyu would be a little antsy at the silence, mind reeling to find a way to cover the silence or he would just plain leave. 

 

Somehow, the silence today was different. It didn't feel empty but rather peaceful and calming. Mingyu wondered if silence was always like that and he just hadn't noticed or if it was because of something else. As he peeked at Wonwoo, he had the feeling it was the latter.

 

"Why do you always look like you're in deep thought?" Wonwoo asked before pointing out a spot. "Let's sit there for a bit."

 

Mingyu nodded, letting himself be pulled. The two of them sat down, bringing their knees to their chest with their legs slightly open. They were close enough to the shore that the water was lapping at their toes but far enough to not really get wet. 

 

"So, what is the great Kim Mingyu thinking of?" Wonwoo said, shifting closer to him.

Mingyu chuckled. "I like that nickname. I do represent greatness."

"Apparently humility isn't part of that." Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "Are we going to play twenty questions before you answer me?"

The younger shrugged. "Ask away then."

"Hmm, are you thinking of food?" The older asked with a sly smile.

"Yah! That's unfair. Of course I'm always thinking of food. It's as easy as breathing." The younger nodded.

Wonwoo stared at him, eyebrows rising. "Then why did Junghan hyung tell me to make sure you always eat?"

"Because Junghan hyung thinks he's my mom which no thanks to you spread to Jisoo hyung as well." Mingyu playfully flicked the older's ear. "But more importantly because Soonyoung hyung would come over and eat all of my food and I'd wait a few more days before buying more."

"Food is hurt that you would wait a few days before buying him again." Wonwoo said, frowning. "I'm going to check your fridge at least twice a week to make sure you're eating right."

Mingyu hummed. That just meant Wonwoo would be coming over more and he wasn't exactly complaining about that. "Okay, sure. Next question?"

"Are you thinking about the exams?" 

"Well now I am!" Mingyu whined. "Of all the things, why that?"

Wonwoo chuckled. "Because I knew you'd react like that." He gently butted his head against Mingyu's. "Come on. I didn't even ask you how it went."

Mingyu couldn't help but giggle; this guy was seriously too cute. "Talking about exams isn't romantic at all just so you know." When Wonwoo didn't stop looking at him expectantly, he rolled his eyes before answering. "I'm most confident about my Anatomy exam while the rest are so so. I'm most worried about Chemistry because I have that with Soonyoung hyung and half my notes there were just our drawings."

"Oh, I remember seeing Soonyoung's drawings. Hopefully his notes made more sense than those." Wonwoo commented.

Mingyu grinned. "Hyung is actually studying architecture." He laughed as Wonwoo's eyes widened. "It's true! He just purposely doodles like a child but I've seen his portfolio. He's really good, I promise. Besides, Jihoon hyung wouldn't let him pass a half assed work."

"I want to see that. Soonyoung the architect huh?" Wonwoo nodded slowly as if processing the statement. "Wait, you're confident about Anatomy? Wasn't that where your professor embarrassed you while studying the female reproductive system? Heh, he even knew you were gay."

Mingyu blushed as he remembered that moment. "I was trying to forget that moment, you jerk!" He said as he hit the older's arm. 

 

Even though Mingyu was embarrassed about that, there was that part of him that was happy at how Wonwoo remembered things about him even the smallest ones. It reminded him of yesterday as he was telling the older what he and his friends had done; Wonwoo's attention was solely on him and it was like nothing else mattered but him.

 

Wonwoo laughed, pulling Mingyu closer. "So it's not food and exams, what's the great one thinking then? Busan?"

 Mingyu grinned as he looked around. "Not exactly but it is beautiful, isn't it? It's too bad you guys are in a rush to go home. You should at least try seeing the tourist spots close by like the Nurimaru APEC house and the Jagalchi market. They're not even an hour away from here."

"I wanted to actually. Hansol's really into different tourist spots and finds the weirdest things interesting but Jun and Seungcheol wanted to just stay and play at the beach." Wonwoo shrugged. "They are older so." 

"You still got time. You and Hansol can go exploring while Jun and Seungcheol hyung play around." 

"Hansol has really fallen for wakeboarding so he'll probably be there all day." Wonwoo chuckled. "Besides, I'm excited to try surfing as well. How was your first time?"

"It was embarrassing. It took me more than five times to actually pop up in water." Mingyu pouted. "It's way easier on shore."

"I'll bet that's cause the shore doesn't move." Wonwoo teased. "It's pretty challenging huh? I want to try it even more!" He said excitedly, knees bouncing.

Mingyu pouted even more; he really wanted to watch Wonwoo surf. He had the feeling the other would be good at it or at least better than he was. "Have fun later."

Wonwoo poked his pout. "Then why the pout? Scared I'll be better at it than you?"

"I would be if I was any good at it from the start." Mingyu said flatly 

Wonwoo mock gasped. "Did the great Kim Mingyu just admit to not being good at something?"

"Shut up, you." Mingyu laughed. "Being great comes with the knowledge that you can't be great at everything."

The older grinned. "True. So, why is my cute boyfriend pouting? Was anyway."

Mingyu returned the grin upon hearing the word boyfriend. He was such a goner; it was sort of embarrassing. "Because I wanted to watch my boyfriend surf but I'm not sure if I could."

Wonwoo ducked his head, his free hand ruffling his own hair. "Three."

"What?" Mingyu asked confusedly. 

The older tilted his head, biting his lip as he just looked at Mingyu. The younger could feel his face heating up at the intense gaze. "I said three." Wonwoo said carefully. "This is the third time you've called me boyfriend."

"Oh." Mingyu mumbled, blushing even more. Wonwoo was keeping count of how many times he's called him boyfriend. It was so... endearing to say the least. "D-do you mind...?" He asked dumbly. He already knew what the answer but somehow, he just wanted to hear it.

"No, I don't." Wonwoo said, leaning his head on his knees as he kept his gaze on Mingyu's. "I'd love it if you called me that more actually."

"R-really?" Mingyu said softly. He leaned down as well, mirroring Wonwoo's position. 

"Mhm." Wonwoo nodded, moving closer. He smiled before whispering. "So would you mind telling your boyfriend what you were really thinking of?"

"You." Mingyu breathed. "Just you." The admission made his cheeks heat up again but Wonwoo's smile was worth it. 

"What about me, baby?" Wonwoo asked gently.

Baby. It was another pet name. Mingyu suddenly understood why his hyungs wouldn't stop calling each other different pet names. "Did you know I memorized the message you sent me last night?" He confessed. "You're so... honest. It keeps catching me by surprise."

Wonwoo chuckled. "I don't get anything out of lying, do I? And if it keeps me in your thoughts, I would keep doing it more."

"There you go again." Mingyu groaned, averting his eyes. "Don't you even feel embarrassed at the things you say? I'm mentally cringing at the secondhand embarrassment already."

 

Mingyu gasped when Wonwoo cupped his chin, making him face the older again. They just kept staring at each other before the older spoke.

 

"I told you to look at me only, didn't I?" Wonwoo said, voice getting huskier. 

 

Mingyu was about to retort that he didn't when he remembered when the older had said that. He bit his lip, nodding slowly as he noted how Wonwoo's eyes were focused on his mouth. Wonwoo brought his hand to Mingyu's cheek, gently caressing it as he moved closer. Mingyu could feel and hear his thundering heart. Their gazes stayed locked with each other as they both moved closer until they were only a hairsbreadth away. 

It was the perfect setting and time to kiss. The realization that this was actually going to happen made Mingyu's heart skip a beat.

 

It was perfect until Mingyu's phone rang. 

 

Mingyu startled, pulling back a bit but Wonwoo's hand kept him in place. The intensity of the older's gaze didn't change either and Mingyu was back to being a tomato.

 

He pulled out his phone with slight difficulty, not even bothering to check who it was before answering. "Hello?" He said gruffly, flushing even more when Wonwoo flashed him a pleased smirk. Mingyu cleared his throat before speaking again. "Sorry, hello? Who's this?"

"Mingyu!" Junghan exclaimed loudly. "We were so worried! Where are you?! Why did you disappear?!"

 

Normally, Mingyu would have rolled his eyes at how dramatic his hyung was but he didn't usually have a handsome guy staring at him so he'd let it slip this once.

 

"Hyung, I didn't disappear. I went out for a walk. I'm just at the beach." Mingyu said carefully as Wonwoo started caressing his face again.

" Oh." Junghan said. "I was about to let the others search for you. Just in case you were kidnapped, you know."

At this, Mingyu had to scoff. "Who would kidnap me?" 

Wonwoo chose that moment to pull back a bit and start trailing kisses down Mingyu's arm. "I would." He whispered as he turned Mingyu's hand and pressed a kiss at his pulse.

"Well, go back here and let's eat breakfast. Soonyoung said Mr.Park might be delayed so we might be leaving later this afternoon or evening. We're not really sure." 

 

Mingyu watched dazedly as Wonwoo did the same with his other arm. Every kiss felt like a little spark, electrifying him. He couldn't focus on what his hyung was saying and what Wonwoo was doing at the same time. Mingyu wasn't that great at multitasking.

 

"Mingyu? Yah, are you there? Are you getting kidnapped right now?!" Junghan exclaimed and Mingyu could hear his other hyungs groaning at the background. 

"N-no, I'm not." Mingyu mumbled. "I mean, yeah I'm still here and no I'm not getting kidnapped. I'll, uh, be back soon. See you." He hung up before his hyung could away anything. 

 

Wonwoo's head was resting on Mingyu's forearms and the younger wanted to stay but he knew his hyungs would worry or at least Junghan would. He'd probably make the others search for him if he didn't get back soon. With a soft sigh, Mingyu gently placed his head on top of Wonwoo's. 

 

"I have to go." Mingyu whispered. 

Wonwoo hummed as a sign he was listening.

"I don't want to though." The younger admitted. 

The older chuckled, making the two of them shake a bit. "But you will."

"I will." Mingyu repeated. "I'm uh..." he bit his lip, trying to think of what to say. "I'm sorry...? For well you know." He said lamely as he pulled back, sitting upright.

Wonwoo sat up as well, frowning as he looked at Mingyu. "Why are you sorry?"

"You know why." Mingyu frowned as well. He didn't like seeing the other frown.

The older sighed, eyes turning sad. "Did you not want to kiss me?"

Mingyu's face heated up again but he swallowed down the embarrassment. Wonwoo obviously needed assurance and this wasn't the time to be shy. "You're so embarrassing seriously." He held up a hand to stop Wonwoo from arguing. "I'm not done. You really just say those things that people wouldn't." He took a deep breath. "I'm not sorry about... er, that. I'm just sorry that Junghan hyung called so we couldn't.... finish."

Wonwoo scoffed slightly. "What are you, 12? You can't even say kiss?" He rolled his eyes before ruffling his hair as he stood up. "Well, let's go then. Junghan hyung sounded really worried."

Mingyu looked up as he pouted. "You're not even trying to stop me from going. Isn't that what good boyfriends are supposed to do?"

"I'm pretty sure a good boyfriend is supposed to make sure your friends don't get mad at you or me for that matter." Wonwoo chuckled, offering his hand. "Get up."

"You could try to act more sad about it." Mingyu muttered as he took the other's hand and got up.

Wonwoo suddenly pulled the younger, nearly making them bump into each other. 

"Yah! Watch...it." Mingyu finished lamely when he caught Wonwoo's gaze.

"You have no idea how much I want to kiss you, Kim Mingyu." Wonwoo said, his voice deepening again. "None at all."

 

Mingyu didn't know what to do at that moment so with a slight nod, he pulled back and ran towards the hotel, only to stop when he was quite a distance away. Wonwoo was watching him with a poker face. The younger mulled over what happened and knew that the older might be feeling a bit hurt so he waved his hands over his head.

 

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu called out.

"What?" Wonwoo answered back.

 

Mingyu took a deep breath before he grinned and started blowing kisses at the older. Wonwoo seemed confused at what he was doing first but then he started laughing. Mingyu was fully grinning and even though it was really embarrassing, he would still do it again as long as Wonwoo would laugh as happily as he did that moment.

--

Junghan started lecturing him about why phones were invented, emphasizing on communication, and then continued on his monologue about how worried he was. Soonyoung kept on poking Mingyu with his feet so it really wasn't his fault if he couldn't concentrate on what his hyung was saying. 

 

Jisoo nudged him, glancing at Junghan who had stopped talking before looking back at him. Oh, the sermon must be done.

 

Mingyu mustered his acting skills and put on an apologetic smile. "I'm really really sorry about worrying you, hyung. I promise it won't happen again."

Junghan sighed as he patted the younger's head. "What will I tell Wonwoo if I let his boyfriend get kidnapped?" 

Mingyu flushed; if only his hyung knew that he was with Wonwoo.

Jihoon scoffed. "We really do get more reaction when we mention Wonwoo huh?"

"Yes, Mingyu wasn't kidnapped and we could just tell his boyfriend that he sneaks out before we wake up. Now that everything's clear, can we please get some breakfast?" Soonyoung asked, standing up on the bed.

Jisoo nodded, pulling on Junghan's hand. "I am a bit hungry, babe. I think our child's learned his lesson already." 

"Yes, umma. I've learned my lesson." Mingyu said sweetly, purposely calling the older umma to further soften him up.

Junghan cooed, squishing Mingyu's cheeks. "Omo! I think my son has learned his lesson. Let's get something to eat hm? You must be starving by now!"

 

Soonyoung lifted his arms to the ceiling, screaming with joy. Jihoon whacked his boyfriend's arm as he headed out. Junghan got dragged out the door by Soonyoung to make sure no one was getting lectured again. Mingyu was about to follow them when Jisoo threw an arm around his shoulder.

 

"So how was your morning walk?" Jisoo asked as they locked the door.

Mingyu shrugged. "It was.. you know, the usual."

The older chuckled. "You don't usually try to stop your smiling from showing." He paused to nod at Soonyoung who was waving at them. "Jihoon said Soonyoung had a stomachache yesterday. Guess he's all good now."

"Hyung wouldn't say what happened but he keeps humming the wedding march, I think? Whatever, he keeps humming that when Jihoon hyung's around." Mingyu replied. "Think they got engaged?" 

Jisoo's eyes widened, looking between Jihoon and Soonyoung who were arguing but holding hands at the same time. "Engaged?! Them?! I don't think so! I mean it's them. I haven't even thought of what to say to Junghan when I propose! They can't be engaged yet!"

Mingyu laughed at his hyung's outburst; he rarely saw Jisoo flustered. "Keep it down, hyung! People are going to be looking at us if your voice gets louder." 

Jisoo blushed, hiding his face at the taller's shoulder. "I'm sorry. That was so... weird for me. I was just really surprised." He shook his head. "Anyway, they can't be engaged yet. Junghan and I are going to get engaged first." He said matter of factly.

Mingyu groaned. "Everyone is so honest; don't you even feel embarrassed by what you're saying?"

"So Wonwoo's the honest type too huh?" Jisoo hummed, opening the door to the restaurant for Junghan. He held the door open for Mingyu as well,making the younger roll his eyes. "Why would I get embarrassed if I'm just saying the truth? It's way harder to keep it all in; it might just burst out of you all of a sudden."

"What's going to burst out of Mingyu?" Jihoon said as they took a seat. "Hyung and Soonyoung's asking the best seller straight from the chef. My idiot said waitresses can't be trusted here." 

Jisoo chuckled. "He's still jealous." He pointed at Mingyu. "I was just telling him how the truth's going to burst out of him since he's not saying anything."

"He's emotionally constipated; what did you expect?" Jihoon said, cuppinf his chin as he looked at Mingyu. "So, how's your boyfriend this morning?"

"I didn't meet with Wonwoo. What do you mean?" Mingyu lied through his teeth. He didn't even know what gave him away. He'd been enduring not looking at his phone after he got back.

Jisoo rolled his eyes. "Why would you get up early if it wasn't for him?"

"You even have this glow when you came back." Jihoon added. 

"The sun made me glow." Mingyu mumbled. He winced at how lame his excuse sounded and by the looks at his hyungs's faces, they weren't buying it either.

"I don't think the sun has made you smile and blush like that before, idiot." Jihoon scoffed. "Stop lying already. You don't have to hide it from us."

Mingyu sighed. "Was I really that obvious?" He took their scoffs as a yes. "I didn't even know I was smiling when I got back." It was a recurring thing after he had met Wonwoo. 

"You're smiling again. Thinking of Wonwoo?" Jisoo said, eyes darting around. "You do that a lot these days: stare into space then smile."

Mingyu grinned as he glanced out at the beach. "I like thinking of things that make me happy."

"And I'm glad I make you happy." Mingyu couldn't help the shiver running across his spine when he heard Wonwoo whispering in his ear. 

"W-what.." Mingyu mumbled, feeling frozen at the spot. His hyungs were staring at him but somehow his attention remained on the guy beside him.

Wonwoo chuckled before he pulled back. "Cheol and I are on breakfast duty." He pointed at the counter where his best friend was. "I think he's getting way too much though."

"Where is Soonyoung and Junghan?" Jisoo asked, looking around. 

"Probably getting the recipes as well." Jihoon said. "Take a seat first, Wonwoo. Your boyfriend's frozen so he can't really offer you a seat." He said with a slight smirk. 

 

Mingyu flushed, snapping out of his thoughts to move over so Wonwoo could sit down. The older smiled at him, hand automatically finding Mingyu's. The younger found himself sighing in relief, body relaxing as he leaned closer to Wonwoo. He could feel Jihoon watching them carefully and he was curious at what his hyung saw. 

 

"I got the food. I even got some Chinese dumplings for Jun." Seungcheol said as he approached the table. "Oh, hey, Mingyu and Jisoo." He nodded at them before he stared at Jihoon. "Hey there, cutie. What's your name?"

Mingyu tilted his head, the words somehow familiar. "Isn't that how you asked my name? It's not exactly the same but sort of..?"

Wonwoo blushed. "Shut up." 

"You are best friends." Mingyu said playfully, bumping his shoulder to the older's.

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow. "You use my lines? It worked so good job, Won."

Jihoon sighed. "Another guy with lame lines. You better not say anything cringe worthy, Wonwoo." He frowned before turning to Seungcheol. "You got your food right? Bye now."

" Cute and feisty, I like it." Seungcheol chuckled. 

Wonwoo sighed, rolling his eyes as he got up. "Cheol, shut up. Let's go. He's already taken too so let it go."

Seungcheol looked at the three other guys. "Your boyfriend's in a dating squad. Got any other cute friends?" He asked Mingyu. "Preferably single."

"Shut the hell up, Seungcheol." Wonwoo hit his best friend's head as he smiled at the others. "Sorry about this idiot. Ignore him."

Mingyu laughed, nodding. "I'll let you know if I do."

"Don't encourage him." Wonwoo whined.

"I'm being helpful to your best friend. Isn't that what good boyfriends are supposed to do?" Mingyu grinned while batting his lashes.

"You look weird, Mingyu. Don't ruin my appetite." Soonyoung commented, grinning as Jihoon stood up so he could sit down. "On my lap, babe."

Jihoon plopped down on his boyfriend's lap. "What took you so long?"

"We got free samples and recipes!" Soonyoung exclaimed happily before he noticed Seungcheol. "Oh hey, who are you?"

Wonwoo pinched Seungcheol's arm before he could speak. "This is my best friend and we're leaving now. Good morning to you guys." He took Mingyu's hand again, pressing a quick kiss on the younger's knuckles. "Laters, baby."

 

Seungcheol's catcalls could be heard even until the two of them were outside the restaurant. Mingyu just grinned dopily, fingers grazing his knuckles. He couldn't think of how to hide the giddiness he was feeling so he didn't even bother. It wasn't everyday that he would get a kiss from his boyfriend; Mingyu should be allowed to have this moment.

 

"Thou is totally smitten." Soonyoung laughed. "Look at how much you're shining!"

Jihoon nodded. "Are you still going to say it was the sun?"

"Nah, my boyfriend's way better looking than the sun." Mingyu answered. "Now, where's that best seller? I still feel hunger you know."

--

Mingyu didn't know if whatever power there was in Beomosa temple was still following him and making his wishes come true or if this was reward for getting embarrassed by Professor Jung but Soonyoung announced that Mr. Park wouldn't be able to pick them up so they'd have to ride the train. That night. Where Wonwoo would also be on. 

 

Mingyu was going to give Mr. Park a thank you basket the next time he saw him. 

 

The thank you basket would have to wait until later but for now, Mingyu had to find Wonwoo before Taehyung or Hoseok started teaching him. He could already imagine how serious Wonwoo would be and Mingyu might or might not find his intense stare y; nothing could be held against him. He was just being appreciative of the aesthetic. He didn't really know what that meant but Soonyoung used that excuse every time he had been staring at Jihoon for too long.

 

Mingyu made sure to tell all of his hyungs that he was heading out so he wouldn't raise any alarms before running out to the beach. Everyone was okay with it since they planned on spending the afternoon out on dates. Mingyu basically had the same plan but with more watching than anything else. He wasn't sure if he was ready to try surfing again. 

 

"Hyung!" 

Mingyu groaned when Hansol tackled him. "Why is it that every time we meet someone gets hurt?"

"Well, two out of three times, you're the one getting hurt so I don't mind." Hansol grinned. "Where's Joshua hyung?"

" Joshua...?" Mingyu asked. Who was... Oh. "You mean Jisoo hyung? I forgot he had an English name. He's out on a date with Junghan hyung."

" Bummer." Hansol muttered in English before getting up. "Then I guess this means you're it."

Mingyu got up, removing the sand from his shorts. "It? What?"

"Go wakeboarding with me!"

"Wakeboarding?" Mingyu repeated. He remembered Wonwoo saying something about it but. "Why me?"

"Seungcheol and Wonwoo hyung are having a jet ski race. Someone was dumb enough to fall for Cheol hyung's lines and rented them the jet skis for free." Hansol rolled his eyes. 

"Yah!" Mingyu mumbled, somehow offended. Wonwoo used one of Seungcheol's lines on him and it worked. Did that mean he was dumb too?

Hansol raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you like hyung's lines? It would be awful to cheat on my hyung with his best friend."

"Oh my God, I'm not going to cheat on Wonwoo with Seungcheol hyung!" Mingyu exclaimed, embarrassed. "Your hyung just used a line he learned from Seungcheol hyung on me, okay?"

The younger made a face before nodding. "Hopefully, it's one of the fairly decent ones." He shrugged. "Hyung says things with more sincerity so of course, you'd fall for it. Anyway, wakeboarding?"

Mingyu stared at Hansol who was already grinning at him victoriously. He was going to have a talk with Wonwoo about not spoiling this kid. "Okay, fine. But we should be back before Wonwoo and Jun hyung start surfing lessons."

"Okay." Hansol shrugged and started walking to where they were going to go wakeboarding. "Hyung is still fully clothed right now so you're not missing out on anything." He said as they approached the driver for the boat.

 

 Mingyu choked on his spit, face heating up. He really needed to tell Wonwoo how Hansol acted when he wasn't around. This kid was definitely not innocent. Hansol was patting his back, smirk on place when they met the driver. The younger nudged Mingyu, gesturing for him to speak. Mingyu fumbled slightly since Jisoo was the one to do the talking when they did this together. In the end, they ended with an hour's worth of wakeboarding. As they were getting ready, Mingyu asked why Hansol didn't ask the driver himself.

 

" It's just easier." Hansol pursed his lips. "If I did ask, I'd do it in English so he might have to find a translator and that would just take time." He answered, putting on his vest.

"You can speak Korean though." Mingyu countered.

"I don't look like I'm supposed to." The younger sighed. "Halfer problems and stuff."

 

Mingyu frowned, opening his mouth to say something but he didn't know what to say either. Hansol rolled his eyes, making a face at him. This kid was both strong and vulnerable at the same time; Mingyu understood why Wonwoo was almost spoiling him. 

 

Still, he didn't think he could handle Hansol saying something like he did earlier in front of Wonwoo. 

--

When Mingyu and Hansol made it back to shore, Wonwoo and Jun were waiting for them. Adrenaline was still coursing through Mingyu and he all but ran up to meet them. He had to remind himself to keep his composure; he had been embarrassed enough for the day.

 

"I was wondering who Hansol went with." Wonwoo said in lieu of a greeting when they approached. "The two of you had fun?"

Hansol beamed, hugging his hyung tight. "We did, hyung! The boat was going so much faster today and the driver took a lot of turns too!"

Jun chuckled. "Glad you had fun, Hansol. What about you, Mingyu? Did you fall in love with it as well?"

Mingyu grinned. "I won't say in love but I do like it a lot! You guys should have joined us!"

"Nah, it's not for us." Wonwoo chuckled, ruffling his dongsaeng's hair. "What will you say to Mingyu?"

"Thank you so much, Mingyu hyung!" Hansol grinned. 

Jun rolled his eyes, pushing the two. "You guys are too sweet, I'm getting cavities. Start walking. I want to surf!"

 

Mingyu pointed out where they rented out boards yesterday and the four of them made their way there. Hansol was telling Wonwoo all about their wakeboarding trip and the younger looked so excited that Mingyu could only smile. He highly doubted anyone could replace Wonwoo for Hansol.

 

"They're so much like brothers, aren't they?" Jun commented, following Mingyu's gaze. 

Mingyu nodded. "Are they always like that?"

"They are. Even more so when Hansol gets nasty stares." Jun admitted, lowering his voice. "Wonwoo is very protective of him."

"Hansol's lucky then." Mingyu smiled, that feeling of pride spreading through him again.

Jun chuckled, nudging him. "You're even more lucky to be dating Wonwoo. Just don't get jealous of Hansol, okay?"

Mingyu blushed as he remembered his first impression of Hansol. He thought he was Wonwoi's boyfriend; the idea seemed so stupid now. "I won't. They obviously care for each other so why come between that?" 

Jun smiled at him. "You passed!" He hooked his arm with Mingyu's. "The three of you could be like a family. Who's going to be the mom though?"

 

Mingyu was stammering out an answer when he saw the familiar rental shop. He looked around for Taehyung and the others but no one was there. Maybe they had the day off. Jun let go of Mingyu's arm and pulled Wonwoo, excitedly renting out boards and asking for instructors. Mingyu chuckled at how happy they were and pulled Hansol along to find a spot to sit down on. 

 

"Is surfing difficult?" Hansol asked once they sat down.

Mingyu nodded. "Maybe I'm just bad at it but it's not as easy as the movies make them out to be." He raised an eyebrow. "Why aren't you trying it out?"

"Too tired." Hansol answered. "And I don't know, I don't feel like it."

"Maybe you'll want to try after seeing your hyung surf. I don't see them but Taehyung and Hoseok hyung are great teachers." Mingyu replied.

 

When Wonwoo and Jun got ready to take their lessons, Mingyu expected Taehyung or Hoseok to come out of the shop as well but that was definitely not them. The two guys were taller and had better muscles. One was tanned while the other was fair with a bored expression on his face. The bored look disappeared as the guy's eyes fell on Wonwoo though. 

 

Mingyu had a bad feeling about this. 

 

"Hey, I'm Jongin and this is my emotionless friend, Sehun." The tanned guy nodded. "Who wants to be my student?"

Sehun, the supposed to be emotionless guy, smirked before pulling Wonwoo to his side. "I'll take him." 

Jongin glanced at Sehun then at Wonwoo. "Is that okay with you?"

Wonwoo nodded. "Saves us the trouble of choosing, right Jun?"

Jun raised an eyebrow but nodded. "I'm okay with it if you are." 

Jongin glanced back at the shop. "Yeah, okay. Jun,isn't it? Let's move a bit here." He said while moving a bit to the right.

Sehun flashed Wonwoo a smirk. "What's your name then?"

Wonwoo smiled sheepishly. "I forgot to introduce myself,sorry. Uh, I'm Wonwoo. Nice to meet you, Sehun ssi."

"Drop the ssi please. We need to be comfortable with each other after all." Sehun said, the smirk still on his face.

 

Mingyu was watching the whole thing happen and honestly, he didn't quite know what to do with himself. Wonwoo seemed to be unaware of how close Sehun was being and that the instructor definitely didn't need to touch him that often. The older was solely focused on learning how to surf and Mingyu was irritated that he couldn't even appreciate this moment. 

 

As the lesson dragged on, a horrible feeling was creeping on Mingyu's chest and it was almost like he was choking on whatever it was. He wanted to stand up and punch Sehun's smirk off his face. The intensity of this emotion caught Mingyu by surprise. He had never ever felt this way before and he wasn't sure if he wanted to feel it ever again. Mingyu wanted nothing more but to be able to hold Wonwoo's hand and get that comfort he always received whenever they touched.

 

But he couldn't because Sehun was still teaching him. 

 

Another thing that annoyed Mingyu was the shift from Sehun's expression. He wasn't quite looking at Wonwoo in that 'I think you're hot' kind of way. No, this was even worse. The instructor's gaze was turning soft and appreciative, provably liking how serious Wonwoo was taking the whole thing, even asking questions sometimes.

 

No, this was definitely not okay.

 

"Uh, are you okay,hyung? You're looking sort of green. Should I call hyung?" Hansol asked slowly. 

Mingyu shook his head, standing up. He had to get away before whatever he was feeling comepletely choke him. "I... I have to go. I forgot I said I'd meet the others." He said lamely.

Hansol frowned. "What? Now? The hyungs aren't even on the water yet."

"Yeah,now. Sorry. Tell your hyungs for me, thanks." Mingyu said before he turned and sprinted away. 

--

Mingyu headed straight to the bathroom when he got back at the hotel. He waited for himself to throw up but there was nothing. The choking feeling was still there so he looked around for a bottle of water. Luckily, that seemed to do the trick. 

 

He pressed the bottle of water on his head and neck. The coolness of the bottle felt so nice so Mingyu decided to just take a shower instead. The cold water helped relieve him of some of the tension he was feeling and cleared his mind a bit. 

 

Mingyu was jealous. That was one of the realizations he had after showering. That ugly, choking feeling he felt was jealousy. It wasn't the first time he had felt it but this was the first time that he felt so helpless because of it. 

 

He couldn't tell Sehun to back off because Wonwoo wasn't really his. 

 

It wasn't like Mingyu didn't know that Wonwoo was attractive; he could see that every time they were together. But this was the first time that he realized that someone else could find his 'boyfriend' attractive and like him. The way Sehun was looking at Wonwoo was like a slap of reality that Mingyu didn't really want but may need. 

 

What if he was being selfish? When he had asked Wonwoo to be his fake boyfriend, Mingyu didn't even think of the possibility that Wonwoo might want to date someone else. The thought gave way to another ugly feeling but it wasn't jealousy; it was pain. 

 

Mingyu remembered last night and this morning. He was so happy that his hyungs had said he was glowing. What if it was part of the act for Wonwoo? He closed his eyes, seeing the older's intense gaze, feeling the kisses that Wonwoo had pressed against his arms and his knuckles. 

 

How could this lie confuse Mingyu this much? 

 

 

A.N: soo this happened. 

 

First of all, i would like to thank you guys for all the comments especially the last chapter. They're all so sweet and encouraging and gaaaah! I love you guys!!  :* 

 

I'm already working on the next chapter so dont worry about Meanie <3 

 

Keep on being awesome you guys! Thank you and i love you x