Settled

Fall For You

WONWOO

Out of all the things Wonwoo had expected from this day getting a confession from Seungcheol certainly wasn't one of them. It was shocking and disheartening at the same time. A part of Wonwoo couldn't help but feel guilty for being so oblivious, for unknowingly hurting Seungcheol for that long. 

"Uhm, excuse me?" A timid voice snapped Wonwoo out of his thoughts. He raised his head to see the waitress that had given their order staring down at him with pity. "Will you be okay?"

The question was a little weird and Wonwoo was just about to ask her what she had meant by that when he saw the direction of her gaze. She was looking outside and past the trees where Doyoon's car had disappeared a few minutes before. She must have thought that Seungcheol had broken up with him. 

Wonwoo didn't know whether to cry or laugh at that. 

"I don't know but I guess I should leave huh?" Wonwoo muttered, getting up from the table. 
The waitress smiled timidly. "Let me wrap your food for takeout at least." 

Wonwoo took a seat again, tapping his fingers as he waited for his food. He was already itching to leave the cafe, the scene earlier kept replaying in his head and he wanted a change of scenery. He considered texting Seungcheol to ask where he was but he knew that it wasn't a good idea yet. Maybe he'll ask Doyoon later but he'll leave the two alone for now. 

The waitress returned with the food soon after, handing the box to Wonwoo carefully. Wonwoo was about to leave when the waitress tapped his shoulder. He raised an eyebrow expectantly as the other continued to fidget. 

"I'm sorry for your breakup...I know that it hurts right now but it'll be okay soon." The waitress said, bowing once before going back to the kitchen. 
Wonwoo sighed as she left. "Yeah, I guess I'm sorry too." 
--
"Wonwoo? What are you doing here?" 

Wonwoo's head snapped up at the voice. He hadn't even noticed when he had arrived at the younger's place. His body had moved in autopilot upon leaving the cafe. All he could remember was wishing that he was with Mingyu at that moment. 

"Hi, Mingyu." Wonwoo tried to smile, albeit weakly. Judging by Mingyu's frown, it didn't work as well as he had imagined.
"What's wrong?" Mingyu asked. "It must be something big because you didn't even try to pick my lock." 
Wonwoo shrugged. "I wasn't sure if you'd want me to." 

Mingyu raised an eyebrow but didn't comment on it. He merely stepped forward, tugging on Wonwoo's arm. The older followed the pull, sighing in relief once he was engulfed in the younger's warmth. He hadn't realized how much he was craving Mingyu's presence until he was in those arms again. He was choking on a sob without even realizing it. Mingyu sighed softly, running his hand up and down Wonwoo's back, gently soothing him. 

"I need to open the door." Mingyu gently whispered, sentence coming off as unfinished. 

The unsaid pet name still rang in the air and Wonwoo relished in the warmth it brought him. With much hesitance, the older pulled back from the hug, eyes widening when Mingyu's hand remained on his waist. Wonwoo nuzzled the younger's side as the other opened the door, a smile playing on his lips when Mingyu leaned his head on top of his.

Once the door was opened, Mingyu bent down, lifting Wonwoo into his arms before shutting the door with his foot. The older let out a surprised sound but quickly relaxed into the younger's hold. Wordlessly, Mingyu headed into his bedroom, carefully laying down Wonwoo in the middle of the bed before crawling beside the other. 

"Is this okay?" Mingyu asked, lying down close to Wonwoo but not actually touching him. 
Wonwoo propped himself on his elbow, shifting around the bed. He patted Mingyu's thighs. "Open." Mingyu easily complied, leaning back against a pillow. Wonwoo smiled up at him, slotting himself between the younger's legs, lying down against the other's chest. "This is okay now." 
Mingyu chuckled, loosely wrapping his arms around Wonwoo's torso. "You make it so hard to be just your friend." 

Wonwoo stiffened. He knew that Mingyu meant it as a joke, the two of them constantly using that line to tease each other over the past few months. Even so, he could feel the churning guilt within him. He wondered how many times Seungcheol had felt that way. Wonwoo mentally cursed himself. God, how many times had he hurt his best friend unknowingly?

"Hey, Wonwoo. Hey. Baby, listen to me. Just breathe, okay? You're turning all pale on me." Mingyu urged, twisting his body a bit to cup Wonwoo's cheeks. "What happened?" 
Wonwoo placed his hands on top of the younger's, not surprised to see them shaking. "Seungcheol confessed to me." 
"Oh." Mingyu said dumbly. 
Wonwoo tilted his head, expecting a reaction that was more than a simple 'oh'. "You don't seem surprised." 
"Uhm, I'm not. I sort of guessed before and he did tell me himself." Mingyu admitted. "You... You must be shocked though?"

Wonwoo felt a wave of irritation sweep through him. Why hadn't Mingyu said anything to him? If he had known earlier....

If he had known earlier, then what? He wouldn't tell Seungcheol everything about Mingyu? He'd try not to fall in love with Mingyu? 

"I can't even get annoyed at you." Wonwoo groaned, leaning further back into Mingyu. "Did everyone know but me?"
Mingyu sighed, placing his hands back on the older's waist. "I don't know what to say right now. Uhm, how did hyung confess?" 
"We went into a cafe and he just said that he loved me." Wonwoo recalled. "I was so shocked that I just said stupid things. Mostly, I was speechless. What would you say if Soonyoung just suddenly said he loved you?"
Mingyu snorted. "Very bad analogy. First, Jihoon hyung would probably kick hyung then kill me. Second, I'd say he was drunk then reject him cold heartedly." 

Wonwoo chuckled though it was a bit strained. He knew that Mingyu was trying to comfort him but there was still a heavy feeling in his chest. The silence continued to envelop them, giving Wonwoo the time he needed to organize what he was thinking and what he wanted to say. 

"Seungcheol was, I mean is, the most constant presence in my life. More than my family or anyone else, there isn't any time that I could think of that he wasn't there. From middle school up until now, we have been best friends. I thought that when Doyoon left me, he would too. It makes sense, right? He is Doyoon's best friend, originally anyway. But he didn't." Wonwoo paused, remembering the overwhelming feeling that he had when Seungcheol showed up the next day after he had said Doyoon had left. He had shed a fresh batch of tears because of how grateful he felt. "Mingyu, I don't want to lose him because of this." Wonwoo choked out. 
"He won't." Mingyu said quickly but with conviction. "He would never do that, especially to you."
"How are you sure?" Wonwoo asked, looking up at Mingyu with tear filled eyes. 
"Because, you idiot, he loves you." Mingyu said gently, voice contrasting to the insult. He smiled as he wiped the tears that had fallen out of Wonwoo's eyes. "He has loved you for so long now and he remained by your side. Now, it's out in the open but that doesn't really change anything, does it?" 
"I.. I'm not sure." Wonwoo answered truthfully. "What I do know is that I really don't want to lose him. Am I selfish for thinking like this? It could be, and it probably is, better for Seungcheol to just cut off all ties with me so he wouldn't get hurt. But I don't want that. I just... I want that assurance that no matter what happens, no matter how much I've changed, no matter period, there would be someone that I know would just accept me completely and love me regardless." 

Wonwoo was slightly panting after what he had just said, the rush of his words and the emotions making him a tad breathless. He watched as Mingyu watched him, an unidentifiable expression on his face as he just continued to stare. Wonwoo started fidgeting when the silence dragged on and Mingyu wouldn't stop staring. 

"Gyu, please say something." Wonwoo pleaded.
"Are you sure you're not in love with hyung? Because those things you just said...." Mingyu asked in a small voice, the sentence cutting off abruptly like the younger was pained to say more. 

Wonwoo frowned, his heart hurting at the sight of Mingyu looking so small and confused. He turned around, straddling the other's thighs as he cupped Mingyu's cheeks. Mingyu looked up at him through his lashes and Wonwoo's heart stuttered, the butterflies in his stomach running rampant. 

"How could I be in love with Seungcheol when I'm so in love with you?" Wonwoo whispered, leaning down to place his forehead against the younger's. 
Mingyu gripped the older's waist firmly, eyes closing as he spoke. "I'm so so in love with you too." 

Wonwoo smiled, all that heavy weight from his chest getting lifted away completely with those words. He had longed to hear those words from Mingyu for a long time now and the reality of it was greater, brighter-it was just so much more than his imagination. He let out a shaky sigh, feeling uncertain what to do now but feeling giddy all the same. Wonwoo carded his fingers through Mingyu's hair just as the younger drew circles on his hips. There was a mutual feeling of just wanting to touch, to make sure that everything was real. 

"This doesn't mean that you're my boyfriend again though." Mingyu suddenly said.
Wonwoo stilled, pulling back from the other. "What?" 
"Calm down, love. I just want to make this right." Mingyu explained, taking one of Wonwoo's hands to press a soft kiss on his knuckles. "I am going to admit my feelings for  you. We're going to date a few times. I'm going to ask you to be my boyfriend. Then we're going to be together for a long time. We need to save up too." 
"Save up for what?" Wonwoo asked, breath slightly hitching. 
"Airplane tickets to the US take some money, baby. Plus we also need to spend money on the marriage ceremony itself." 
"Marriage?!" Wonwoo squeaked.
Mingyu chuckled, kissing his cheek. "Yes, marriage, love. I honestly can't see myself spending my future with anyone else. So.." The younger blushed, as if finally realizing just what he was saying. "Uhm, am I being too presumptuous here?"
"Not at all." Wonwoo replied, settling himself on Mingyu's lap.  "Sounds like a great plan to me." 
--
Mingyu ended up cooking for the both of them despite Wonwoo's protests. The younger didn't even allow the other to help him while preparing the food, insisting that Wonwoo must be tired. Wonwoo huffed at that but felt a grateful smile slipping into his face nonetheless. 

"I know I said that you couldn't help with making dinner but that doesn't mean you should just stare at me." Mingyu commented. "Go watch some tv or something." 
Wonwoo hummed. "I quite like watching you so I think I'll stay." 
Mingyu just shrugged, humming as he continued cooking. 
"By the way, you called me baby again. And you even called me love." Wonwoo said, blushing at the terms of endearment.
"Well, you are my baby." Mingyu answered.
"I'm older than you." 
"I'm taller than you." Mingyu said, sticking his tongue out. "And love because... Well, because I love you."
Wonwoo felt his cheeks get even warmer, ducking his head to hide the smile on his face even though Mingyu wasn't looking. "Yah, what's wrong with you today? You used to be all emotionally constipated and now you say these things so shamelessly." 
Mingyu chuckled, placing the food in front of Wonwoo before getting their plates. "Hmm, I don't know either." He said as he handed Wonwoo his chopsticks. "I guess all this time that we spent as friends taught me some things. Every time we would hang out, I wanted to say you looked cute. Every time you laughed at something Soonyoung hyung said, I wanted to make you just look at me. And whenever you smiled, I just wanted to kiss you and tell you I love you repeatedly." Mingyu smiled as he sat down across Wonwoo, looking far too pleased with himself. "It feels nice to know that I'm allowed to say these things now." 

Wonwoo sat there, dumbstruck which was probably why Mingyu looked smug but he couldn't help it. What was he supposed to say to something like that? He felt like he couldn't blush any harder even if he tried. A poke to his cheek snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked up to see Mingyu pointing at his food. 

"Eat." Mingyu ordered.
"So bossy." Wonwoo muttered, rolling his eyes. 
The younger hummed. "Yeah, I can be." 
The two of them ate in silence before Mingyu spoke again. "Have you talked to Seungcheol hyung again?" 
"Uhm, no." Wonwoo answered, a little shock by the question. 
"You should text him at least. Let him know you're here and stuff. I'm sure he's worried about you." 

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow at how pushy the younger was being but followed what he said nonetheless. 

To: Seungcheol
I'm at Mingyu's so dont worry about me.

From: Seungcheol
Thsbk gad pk

"I think he's drunk." Wonwoo commented. 
Mingyu hummed. "Probably. But he still answered your text." 
"Why are you being pushy about Seungcheol anyway?" 
"Well, Doyoon hyung texted me to tell you to text hyung. And... I can empathize with hyung." Mingyu explained.
Wonwoo nodded, leaning across the table to kiss Mingyu's cheek. "Okay, thank you." 

To: Seungcheol
Stay with Doyoon okay? 
I'll bring aspirin at your place tomorrow

From: Seungcheol
He'll stay at my place!
Aspirin and soup please!
Time for body shots!!!!!
-dodo

Wonwoo chuckled, placing his phone at the table. "I'm still amazed at how high Doyoon's alcohol tolerance is." 
"I wouldn't put it past him." Mingyu smiled. "So, you're staying over tonight?" 
"Can I?" 
"I wouldn't ask if you couldn't." 
"Then yes please. Besides, I have to nurse the two idiots from their hangover tomorrow." Wonwoo stopped, looking at Mingyu. "Is that okay? You won't get jealous?" 
Mingyu shook his head. "Baby, Seungcheol and Doyoon are your best friends. I know you're going to want to take care of them no matter what. You already told me that you're in love with me and that's enough for me. I trust you."
Wonwoo flashed him another smile, the warmth from his heart spreading all throughout. Everything was just great. "Thank you, baby."
"Anything for my love." 

~
A.N: omg i didnt realize how i missed writing fluff until I was doing it. <3 <3 everything is getting settled and gyaah, ending time. 

I'm sorry it took long for me to update but I had exams. My econ was a major... Downer. But other than that and the evil known as synthesis, my grades are pretty good. :3 

Was this fluffy enough for you? xx lemme know!!! My god, this is so short. Hahaha im sorry u,u 

Love you all. 

Oh and on a serious note, I hope you guys could take a moment of your time to pray for the people in Davao. :( There was a terrorist attack and my heart just goes out to them. Any and all of your prayers would be very much appreciated. Thank you.