Dilemma

Fall For You

"What the actual ?" Soonyoung exclaimed after hearing what Doyoon said. Jihoon's jaw had dropped, eyeing the two with wonder. 

Mingyu quickly stood up, pulling Wonwoo to him, frowning at Doyoon when the other wouldn't let go of his boyfriend. "You're not allowed to flirt with Wonwoo, hyung." 

Wonwoo looked back and forth Mingyu and Doyoon but his eyes still lingered at Doyoon's face. He opened his mouth to say something before closing it again. 

Doyoon stared at Mingyu, eyes widening in realization. "Oh ." 

 

Mingyu tugged Wonwoo closer to him but Doyoon simply wouldn't let go. The younger glared; wasn't his warning enough? Just as he was about to tell the older off, Seungcheol walked in. He took one look at the situation before running to them, pushing Doyoon away roughly and punching him in one swift movement. Mingyu's eyes widened. Okay the older was flirting with Wonwoo but he didn't think that warranted a punch. 

 

Doyoon had fallen to the floor with Seungcheol following him, looking very much like he still wanted to punch the other. Doyoon was coughing but there was a playful smile on his face as he looked up at Seungcheol. The action made Seungcheol grip Doyoon's collar tightly, knuckles turning white already. 

 

"You've got a lot of nerve showing your face back here." Seungcheol hissed. 

Doyoon chuckled. "You've gotten weirder at greeting friends, Cheol." 

"We. Are. Not. Friends." Seungcheol exclaimed through clenched teeth. 

"Oh, why not? I thought we were best friends?" Doyoon said with a slight smirk. 

 

Seungcheol growled in his throat before punching Doyoon again, the other getting flung back to the floor. When Seungcheol was about to punch him again, Doyoon had kicked the other's stomach, making Seungcheol groan. Somehow this snapped Wonwoo out of his dazed state and he reached out, about to break the fight when Mingyu pulled him back. Mingyu rolled his eyes when Wonwoo stared at him, as if he would let his boyfriend get between that. He still wasn't sure what was happening but he knew he had to keep Wonwoo safe. 

"Watch out!" Junghan exclaimed. 

 

Mingyu didn't react fast enough and both Seungcheol and Doyoon barreled to him and Wonwoo and by connection, Jihoon as well. The two were still at it but Soonyoung looked like he had enough. Soonyoung quickly pulled Jihoon behind him before approaching the two, trying to separate them. It was easier said than done though. Seungcheol kept on trying to get a good hit on Doyoon and Doyoon wasn't backing down either. 

 

"Enough already!" Wonwoo exclaimed. 

 

Doyoon and Seungcheol snapped to attention, heads turning to Wonwoo as if they were waiting for him to say what they should do next. Mingyu still felt as confused as ever but Soonyoung had nodded at Seungcheol while glancing at him so he had pulled Seungcheol away from Doyoon while Soonyoung pulled Doyoon away. 

 

"Would someone please ing explain what's going on?" Jihoon demanded. 

Seungcheol reached forward, growling when Jisoo stood up as well to help in restraining him. "Let me go!"

Doyoon slumped against Soonyoung. "You've gotten a lot stronger, Cheol. I'm pretty out of shape so I guess this round is yours."

Soonyoung pulled him closer. "Shut up already. You're bleeding." 

"Oh, I am." Doyoon said, wiping the blood from his lips. "Er, I'm so sorry you had to see me bruised up and bleeding like this, sweetheart. I'll clean up so we can talk properly?" He asked, tilting his head as he stared at Wonwoo. 

"I-" Wonwoo bit his lower lip, pulling out a handkerchief from his pocket. "Here..."

Mingyu let Seungcheol go and blocked Wonwoo from coming closer to Doyoon. "Wonwoo?" He called out in a small voice, nerves getting the best of him. 

"M-mingyu..." Wonwoo's eyes widened as if he just realized that the younger was still there. His eyes drifted beyond the younger's shoulder. "H-he's bleeding."

"He isn't your concern anymore, Won. He lost that privilege when he walked out two years ago." Seungcheol said, shrugging Jisoo off. 

Mingyu swallowed, wanting to ask the question even when he knew the answer already. "W-what do you mean, hyung?"

 Doyoon sighed. "Wonwoo's the guy I was telling you about, Gyu. He's the reason I came back to Pledis."

 

Mingyu's ears rang and he couldn't hear what was happening at that moment. Seungcheol had ducked forward, grabbing Doyoon again and looked like he was screaming things but he couldn't hear them. It felt like he wasn't completely there, like this wasn't real. In his mind, he was back at Doyoon's balcony as he listened to the older tell him about his ex. It was the look on Doyoon's face that told Mingyu the older was still in love with whoever it was, the way Doyoon's eyes held so much emotions of longing and regret. The older definitely looked like he would do everything to get that person back. 

 

To get Wonwoo back. 

 

Mingyu felt like he was going to be sick. 

 

"Yah, Kim Mingyu!" Jihoon's voice snapped him out of whatever trance he was in. The older pinched him for good measure. "I don't think Wonwoo's breathing." 

"What?!" Mingyu exclaimed as he looked at his boyfriend. 

 

Wonwoo's body had gone rigid, with only the slightest tremors running on his hands. His eyes were wide open and he was starting to look deathly pale. Mingyu felt himself freeze on the spot as well, mind shutting down as the rest of him went haywire with panic. 

 

"Choi Seungcheol, let me go!" Doyoon shouted out. "Wonwoo's having a panic attack." With that, he pushed the other off and went to Wonwoo. "Breathe, beautiful." He grabbed Wonwoo's hand, massaging it. "I'm here. I got you." 

"Don't touch him." 

Doyoon turned to Mingyu, eyes hardening. "I know what to do, Mingyu. You don't. Let me handle this."

 Mingyu looked at him confusedly. Was... was that hissing voice his? He had never spoken like that before. His eyes went back to Doyoon's hand who was still gripping his boyfriend's. "I said don't touch him, hyung." 

"I don't have time to fight you as well, Mingyu." Doyoon snapped before turning back to Wonwoo. It was sort of disorienting how quick the older's expression could change. Whenever he looked at Wonwoo, Doyoon's eyes were so soft and gentle like he could never do anything to hurt the other. 

Mingyu was about to retaliate when he felt a hand on his arm. "Jihoon hyung?" 

Jihoon sighed, shaking his head. "Don't do this now. Wonwoo can't handle another fight. It'll just make him panic even more." 

"Oh my God." Mingyu turned to see Jun wide eyed as he took in the situation. "Is that blood on the floor? Minki is so going to kill you guys."

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "Get Won home. Call the guys and say it's a code white. Now."

Jun cursed in Chinese before going to where Wonwoo was, glaring at Doyoon when the older tried to stop him. "You're here again. Let me take Wonwoo home."

"Why the do you guys keep acting like I can't take care of him? I've got him through so many panic attacks before." Doyoon exclaimed as he returned the glare directed at him.

Jun's eyes hardened even more. "You have no idea how many times Wonwoo used to have these attacks after you left. We were the one that took care of him after you broke him down." He pushed Doyoon away. "Don't follow me or I will wushu your to the next planet." 

 

Doyoon's mouth went slack and his hold on Wonwoo loosened. Jun used the opportunity to pull Wonwoo to his side, carefully wrapping an arm around the other as he half guided and half dragged Wonwoo to the exit of Jam Jam. Doyoon made a move to follow Jun but Mingyu's hand shot up, blocking the older from going anywhere. If Mingyu had his way, he would be the one to take care of his boyfriend but since he couldn't, he would have to trust Jun. 

 

"Mingyu, what the hell?" Doyoon said through clenched teeth. 

"I trust Jun hyung to take care of my boyfriend." Mingyu answered back. 

"I can take care of him better." 

Mingyu glared at the older. "You have no right to say that after you broke his heart." 

 

Doyoon looked at the younger, eyes widening at the unexpected attack. He moved forward, fist in the air when Soonyoung stepped between them, arms ready to block whatever Doyoon would do. Mingyu could see Jihoon frowning unhappily at the side, eyes fixed intently on Soonyoung.

 

"We're in public, gentlemen. Let's behave ourselves." Soonyoung said calmly but Mingyu could feel the tension emitting from the older. 

"Soonyoung, mind your own business." Doyoon exclaimed, trying to push Soonyoung away.

"You indirectly hit my boyfriend earlier and that's makes this my business. You've had enough fighting don't you think, hyung?" Soonyoung said, tilting his head challengingly. 

Jisoo stepped forward and pulled Doyoon away. "That's enough. You don't want to make Soonyoung mad." 

 

Doyoon opened his mouth to argue but then Minki appeared, cursing loudly when he took in the situation. Mingyu had to wonder what the other saw. Was the confusion he felt obvious to an outsider? Or did they just look like any other sudden brawl in any other restaurant? 

 

"I... do I even want to know?" Minki asked, rubbing his temples. "No, don't answer that. I don't want to know. Where's Jun and Wonwoo?"

"Uh... they had to go." Junghan replied, eyes darting around as if someone could find a better explanation.

Minki's eyebrows shot up. "What do you mean by they had to go? Their shift isn't over for another two hours." 

"That's it. I'm out." Seungcheol exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air as he headed for the exit. He stopped by the door, turning around to point at Doyoon. "You. Don't ever come near Wonwoo again or I'll really break your face." 

Doyoon scoffed, rolling his eyes. "You don't scare me, Seungcheol." 

 

Seungcheol just flipped him the bird before going out. He stopped by the door, eyes on the direction of Wonwoo's place before turning to the other direction. Somehow, Mingyu could hear the deep sigh that Seungcheol gave. He didn't get why Seungcheol was heading away from his best friend. Shouldn't he be there for Wonwoo now? 

 

"Yah!" Minki exclaimed. "I swear that guy just comes here for the free food." He glanced at Doyoon. "Are you done fighting? 'Cause if you are, leave and get yourself cleaned up. The other customers were already complaining but half of them sounded really scared." He turned to Junghan. "You, go cook while the rest clean this up and cover the rest of Wonwoo's shift. I can't handle the customers on my own."

Jihoon muttered under his breath before grabbing his boyfriend's arm. "We'll clean Doyoon up while you three stay here and cover for Jun and Wonwoo."

"Wait, what?" Soonyoung turned to Jihoon condusedly. "We're doing what?"

"I'd rather patch someone up than fake smiles at hungry and coffee deprived people." Jihoon answered, grabbing Doyoon with his free hand. "Let's go."

"Thanks, Jihoon. I owe you one." Jisoo said, smiling a bit. He turned to Doyoon. "Try not to piss them off please. I don't want you to get even more hurt." 

Doyoon chuckled. "You're leaving me at Jihoon's hands so that's already debatable." 

"Shut the up already." Jihoon rolled his eyes, pushing the two out of the restaurant. 

Jisoo eyed the three until they were out of sight. He smiled apologetically at Minki. "We're so sorry about the commotion. Junghan will cook while I clean this up. Mingyu can cover for Wonwoo." 

Minki sighed. "Better make sure this one doesn't get involved in fights, Han. I don't care who does what as long as they get done." 

 

Mingyu jumped a bit when Jisoo placed a hand on his shoulder. He hadn't realized that he had frozen until that moment. Jisoo was looking at him with sad and worried eyes while Junghan gave him a tight smile as Minki pulled him away. When Minki and Junghan were gone, Mingyu slumped against the wall, closing his eyes as he tried to take in everything that had happened. He turned to Jisoo after a minute, sighing as their gazes met.

 

The plan was get Doyoon and Seungcheol to 'accidentally' meet, catch up with each other and create more chances for them to meet up in the future and then finally, get back together. The reality was way off from that. Wonwoo was Doyoon's ex and Seungcheol was apparently Doyoon's best friend before but the moment they saw each other, fists were flying all around. 

 

"How the did things get this messed up?" Mingyu sighed deeply, head throbbing from everything. 

Jisoo frowned, looking like he wanted to scold the younger but he let it pass. "I don't know, Gyu." He tilted his head. "Wonwoo never told you about his ex?" 

"He did but he never mentioned any names." Mingyu groaned. "He even told me how many years they dated. Ugh, Doyoon hyung must have had a crush on Wonwoo for two years!" 

Jisoo sighed, nudging Mingyu to move. "Let's figure this out later. We have to cover for your boyfriend." 

 

A small part of Mingyu felt guilty about the whole thing. Jisoo had cleaned up the mess Doyoon and Seungcheol had made before joining him as a temporary waiter. At least, Jisoo seemed to be a natural at this, making the customers smile when they see him. On the other hand, Mingyu was half out of it. He had to make the customers repeat their orders since he would drift off at one point. Jisoo had to help him out more than once and Mingyu was just glad that someone was there for him. 

 

When Jun and Wonwoo's shift ended, the three of them left Jam Jam while still trying to apologize to Minki about the whole thing. Mingyu looked at the time, figuring he could run to Wonwoo's place and just be late for his first subject. 

 

"Hyung, I'll be going now. I want to check on Wonwoo." Mingyu said.

Junghan exchanged glances with Jisoo. "Uh, I don't think that's a good idea, Mingyu."

"How is it a bad idea?" Mingyu frowned.

Jisoo pulled out his phone and showed it to Mingyu. "Here." 

 

From: Hansol

Hey, Josh

Tell Mingyu hyung not to visit for a while

It isn't personal; it's protocol

Hyung would find him when he's ready

Pass it along would you?

Thanks, man

 

"What? What does Hansol mean by when Wonwoo's ready?" Mingyu asked with a frown, staring intently at the phone. "He didn't even say how Wonwoo is!" 

Jisoo put his phone back at his pocket. "You're the premed student. Shouldn't you know how long panic attacks could last? Anyway, it's Hansol. You know he isn't leaving his hyung's side until Wonwoo's all good." 

"It's a different case per person." Mingyu answered, body slumping. "So what the heck can I do?"

"You should go to class, Mingyu. Come on. Jisoo and I will walk you there." Junghan advised. 

"I'm not really in the mood for studying, hyung." 

"Wonwoo will worry and feel guilty if you cut classes." Jisoo reminded him. "Besides, you have nothing better to do with your time anyway." 

 

Mingyu couldn't argue with that so he let himself be guided by his two hyungs. He knew that they were trying to be discreet about giving him worried glances but it wasn't really working. He would have poke fun at that but he was too worried about Wonwoo. He desperately wanted to his boyfriend, to be the one taking care of him. 

 

A selfish part of him that was getting bigger by the moment wanted to be held by Wonwoo, yearned for that assurance that Wonwoo was his and he wouldn't be leaving him for Doyoon. He needed to feel the older's warmth and protection now more than ever. 

 

Mingyu promised Jisoo that he wouldn't try seeing Wonwoo as they dropped him off his building. He had promised but he didn't say for how long. Mingyu was very weak at staying away from Wonwoo after all.

--

Mingyu had been distracted the whole day, blanking out during the lesson and getting scolded by his professors when they had noticed. He didn't pay them any attention though since his only concern remained to be Wonwoo. He kept glancing at his phone, praying that the older would at least shoot him a message to let him know how he was doing. He pulled out his phone right now, closing his eyes as he unlocked it and slowly peeking. 

 

Nothing. 

 

"You sort of look stupid right now." 

Mingyu frowned, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Go away. I don't want to talk to you right now, hyung." 

Doyoon hummed. "Wonwoo isn't talking to you so that just leaves the rest of the dating squad. I may or may not have pissed Soonyoung off when I said something about Jihoon and Jisoo and Junghan are probably analyzing the situation and how to handle it." He tilted his head. "You don't really have anyone else to talk to."

"I'd rather talk to myself right now than you if I'm being honest." Mingyu said, side stepping the older as he headed for his unit.

 

Doyoon didn't respond but Mingyu could hear the other's footsteps behind him. He heaved a deep sigh, wishing the older would just give up already. Doyoon ran past Mingyu when they were close to his unit, his entire body blocking the door as he raised an eyebrow at Mingyu. 

 

"Hyung, get out of the way." Mingyu said, feeling his patience run thin.

Doyoon shook his head. "I want to talk to you."

"And I don't know what we should talk about."

"You're dating the love of my life. I'm pretty sure we'll find something to talk about."

Mingyu clenched his fists. "Don't claim Wonwoo like that. I'm leaving and please don't follow me. I don't care if Jisoo hyung will get mad, I will punch you." 

 

Doyoon stared at him for a long moment before nodding as he pushed himself away from Mingyu's door. He was looking at Mingyu oddly as he raised his hands as a sign of surrender. Mingyu didn't have the energy or patience to figure it out so he opted for walking away when he was sure that Doyoon wouldn't follow him anymore. 

 

Since peace and quiet weren't available, it looked like Mingyu would have to drink as a distraction. Shining Diamond was the first place he thought of but he quickly backtracked when he realized that he didn't want a familiar atmosphere. Besides, he'd just remember Wonwoo sitting there while he worked and he could really go for a few hours without having that reminder. 

 

Mingyu chose the club downtown and was already nursing his second drink when he realized where he was. So much for not reminding himself about Wonwoo. This was the place where they first met and he had asked the older to be his fake boyfriend. The whole thing grew to be more complicated than he had initially expected. 

 

Well, he didn't expect to like his supposed to be fake boyfriend so much. Wonwoo was just... indescribable. He was everything Mingyu wanted and needed, someone he didn't even know he needed. Mingyu wasn't even looking for a real relationship but he sure got it. He wanted to be Wonwoo but not all these complications.

 

"What are you drinking?" 

Mingyu's head shot up as he looked at Seungcheol. The older had cleaned up his injuries and had band aids scattered around his face. "Just tonic and lime."

Seungcheol scrunched up his nose as he sat down. "I need something stronger." He called for the bartender. "Whiskey please." 

Mingyu kept quiet as the bartender made Seungcheol's drink. As the older drank, Mingyu asked the question he had on his mind earlier. "Why aren't you with Wonwoo right now?"

"Because I'd just stress him out." Seungcheol answered easily. "It's the same reason why you're not allowed to visit."

"How are we going to stress him out?" 

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow as if the question was very stupid. "You've got to be kidding." He sighed, finishing his drink and asking for another one before he answered Mingyu. "Is Wonwoo your first boyfriend?" 

"No, he's my second. Why?" 

"If you saw your ex, what would you do?"

Mingyu paused, frowning as he thought about it. "I don't really know. We didn't really end on good terms so I'd probably just ignore him."

Seungcheol shrugged. "Yeah, I'd probably do that too. Wait, why was Doyoon at Jam Jam anyway? You guys are friends, right?"

 

Mingyu flushed in embarrassment as he told Seungcheol about their plan for him and Doyoon. Seungcheol scoffed at that, rolling his eyes. By the end of the explanation, Seungcheol was snickering about the whole thing.  

 

"You must feel pretty stupid right now." Seungcheol commented afterwards.

Mingyu sighed, asking for another drink. "Yeah, actually. I mean, I didn't even consider Wonwoo being a possibility and given the fact that I knew about Wonwoo's dating history, I realized how dumb I was."

"Wonwoo apparently likes dumb people." Seungcheol sighed. "So, what's your plan? Doyoon doesn't look like he's giving up on getting Won back."

"Can you tell me about them?" Mingyu asked hesitantly. "Like how were they as a couple."

"Are you sure? You might not like what I'll say."

The younger nodded stiffly, gripping the glass harder. "I'm sure."

Seungcheol looked at him to make sure, shrugging a bit. "Doyoon liked Wonwoo the moment he saw him. He and I were a year older and just planned on messing around at the freshmen orientation at middle school when he stopped all of a sudden and claimed he saw an angel." He rolled his eyes. "It was sort of disgusting how Doyoon kept pining for Won even when Wonwoo didn't know who he was. I think Wonwoo must have thought of him as some kind of creep actually." He stopped as he finished his drink. "I officially met Won first since we were part of the soccer club. I tried to hide it from Doyoon but he found out and joined just to get closer to Wonwoo. Well, it worked and after two years of pathetic courting, flirting or whatever Dodo called it, they got together." 

Mingyu bit on his lower lip, mind running with images of a younger Wonwoo and Doyoon flirting around the field. "T-that's kind of...cute."

"Cute, right." Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "Their first years together were great for everyone. They mostly acted the same with just a bit of couply stuffs here and there. I think they were around their three year mark when Doyoon changed." The older's face contorted with a mix of anger. "He started becoming so possessive of Wonwoo. He would pick Wonwoo up from his house and walk him home everyday. It's sweet, I know but during the hours in between, he was constantly watching Wonwoo as well. Anyone that got too close to Wonwoo would get threatened and soon enough, Won was getting isolated, not that Wonwoo minded. The idiot was just too in love to see it was wrong already." 

"What the hell?" Mingyu exclaimed. "How could Wonwoo not care?" 

Seungcheol shrugged. "Honestly if I wasn't Doyoon's best friend, I probably wouldn't be allowed to talk to Wonwoo either."

"You and Doyoon hyung aren't friends now though." Mingyu said it more like a question.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "After what he did to Wonwoo, of course we're not." 

"You've known Doyoon hyung longer though." Mingyu argued, what he really wanted to ask bubbling at the tip of his tongue.

 Seungcheol glared at Mingyu, annoyed look on his face. "You really want to know why? Fine. I was in love with Wonwoo too but he just broke him like that, leaving him high and dry with no ing explanations."

Mingyu groaned, putting his head between his hands. "I sort of guessed but I didn't want to be right." 

Seungcheol's body slumped as well as if the confession drained him. "Wonwoo doesn't know and I plan on keeping it that way. I'm over it anyway. He's obviously way in deep with you." 

Mingyu blushed, a feeling of buzzing flattery going through him. "Thanks, I think."

"It's a compliment, idiot." He punched Mingyu's shoulder. "Which is why you have to make sure Doyoon doesn't get him back. I'm not saying he would just leave you but... Doyoon was Wonwoo's boyfriend for five years. You don't forget a love like that easily. He would always have a soft spot for Doyoon and Dodo knows that. He'll use that to his advantage."

--

Mingyu was sent home after his fourth drink by Seungcheol who claimed that Wonwoo wouldn't like it if Mingyu got smashed. As Mingyu left, he observed Seungcheol and he could see the sadness that the older didn't want to show. Regardless what he had said before, Seungcheol was obviously still hung up about Wonwoo and Mingyu felt apologetic about it. So, he resolved on being the best boyfriend to Wonwoo and that included not letting Doyoon get him back. 

 

Speaking of which. "Why are you here again?" Mingyu complained as he saw Doyoon waiting for him. "You're seriously some kind of stranger."

Doyoon laughed. "I live there." He pointed at his unit. "I don't think this counts as stalking." 

"What do you want?" Mingyu answered. "I want to head to bed and wait for the signal to visit my boyfriend."

Doyoon's eyes softened and he looked almost sad. "How's Wonwoo?" 

"None of your business." 

The older sighed deeply, chewing on his bottom lip. "Gyu, I have a favor to ask you." He looked up at Mingyu pleadingly, eyes wide with the emotion. "Let Wonwoo go. Let him come back to me." 

 

A.N: sooo fighting scenes are apparently hard to write. Im so sorry ;-;

 

Your reactions are sooo precious, i swear. <3 doyoon came off as a douchebag (esp in this chapter) and im sorry for that too. ;-; i love him i swear. 

 

Hope you guys like this chapter. Tell me what you think xx <3 i love all of you!!