It's Time

Fall For You

Hakyeon's brows shot up when he saw Doyoon, Seungcheol and Wonwoo arrive together and he wasn't even being subtle about it. Sanghyuk was at least being sneaky about his glances unlike their hyung. Wonwoo exchanged looks with Seungcheol, probably wondering about the looks they were getting but Cheol just shrugged, a confused expression on his face as well. 

 

"Did I miss something? Hakyeon hyung, you're gonna bear holes in our heads if you stare more." Seungcheol said as they were waiting for the two couples.

 Wonwoo turned to Taekwoon, pouting a bit. "Why is Hakyeon hyung looking at us like that, hyungie?" 

Taekwoon smiled, ruffling Wonwoo's hair. "He's just being stupid. Don't mind him. Are you confident about fishing?" 

"Yeah, want to bet who can catch the bigger fish?" Hongbin piped in excitedly while subtly elbowing Hakyeon. 

Wonwoo frowned a bit but allowed himself to be distracted. "I haven't fished in a really long time so I'm not sure. I'm sure hyungies would catch bigger fishes!"

 

Doyoon had to smile at how cute Wonwoo was being towards Hongbin and Taekwoon. The three of them were like Junghan, Jisoo and Mingyu except Wonwoo liked being the couple's baby. He could feel Hakyeon's eyes on him as he watched the three and he really wanted to tell his hyung to learn the art of subtlety before staring at him like that in broad light. 

 

"Sorry, we're late! We got lost!" Junghwan panted as he bumped into Wonwoo. 

Wonwoo chuckled. "It's okay, hyung. You didn't have to run." 

"Yah, you duck! Who told you you could just leave us like that?!" Jaehwan cried out after reaching them.

"You're a duck too!" Junghwan pouted, holding onto Sunwoo. "Jaehwan is so mean." 

"You did leave us, babe." Sunwoo smiled. "Don't mind him though." 

"You spoil Junghwan way too much." Wonshik protested. He turned to Hakyeon. "Sorry we didn't make it last night. We went to the karaoke so we couldn't hear your calls." He noticed that Hakyeon was quiet and that the atmosphere was somehow strange. "Uh, did something happen?"

"That's what I'd like to know as well." Seungcheol sighed. "Everyone's here so are we going to get a move on or are we just going to keep quiet here?" 

Doyoon cleared his throat as he grabbed Hakyeon's wrist. "Let's go! I'm riding the same boat as Hakyeon hyung!" 

"What?" Hakyeon looked at Doyoon then at the others. "Y-yeah, let's go." 

 

The others still seemed uneasy but they followed Doyoon and Hakyeon to the boat rentals. Taekwoon immediately claimed a boat for him, Hongbin and Wonwoo and they headed to their boat before the rest could sort themselves out. Wonshik exchanged looks with Hyuk before saying he'd be fishing with Jaehwan, Sunwoo and Junghwan. Sunwoo patted Hakyeon's shoulder before they climbed aboard. 

 

"Looks like we're the only ones left." Seungcheol tipped his head, looking at Hakyeon and Doyoon. "Get on. I want answers." 

 

Doyoon wanted to argue since he really didn't want to talk about it again but Seungcheol kept ignoring his protests. Hakyeon had somehow went back to normal and was helping Hyuk with the bait. After the preparations were done, they headed off to the water, noting how far Taekwoon's boat was, probably really trying to fish. The couples' boat was very noisy with screaming, laughing and other animal noises. The sounds made Hakyeon laugh, waving to Junghwan who was proudly holding a small fish he caught. 

 

"So, why the stare?" Seungcheol asked, standing beside Doyoon as he untangled his fishing rod. 

Doyoon glanced at Hakyeon who was joining the cheers from the other boat. "Told them about what happened between Wonwoo and I." 

Seungcheol chuckled. "And Taekwoon hyung didn't punch you? Has hyung gone soft?" 

"He wanted to." Doyoon admitted. "Hongbin hyung had to hold him back." 

"Is that why hyung quickly grabbed Won and fled to the water?" Seungcheol asked, eyes squinting at the direction of the trio's boat. "They're so far." 

"Taekwoon hyung wouldn't let anything happen to them." Doyoon said as he looked at the same direction. "That's probably part of the reason. I also told them about Mingyu." 

 

Seungcheol seemed surprised at this, turning to look at the other. Doyoon just shoved him, knowing that Cheol didn't really know how to react to that. Instead, the two focused on fishing, egging each other on whenever something pulled at their line. They nearly jumped when Seungcheol caught a relatively large fish, quickly heading to the other side to show it to Hakyeon and Hyuk. Their moment of glory was gone when they saw the tuna Hyuk had caught without any difficulty by the looks of things. 

 

"You said you and Seungcheol weren't okay?" Hakyeon whispered while Seungcheol and Hyuk continued fishing.

 Doyoon nodded. "We're not." He shrugged. "If we were, someone would have been thrown overboard already." 

"True." Hakyeon mused. "You arrived together though." There was something in the other's voice that made it sound like there were hidden questions in that statement. 

Doyoon shrugged again. "Won suggested it and who was I to say no?"

"Doyoon, have you... have you thought about moving on?" Hakyeon asked carefully. "I mean I understand that Wonwoo was your first love but..."

"He is my first love and my only love." Doyoon cut in. "I haven't loved anyone else but him." 

Hakyeon's eyes widened, pursing his lips before he spoke. "Even so, you should try to move on from him." He glanced at Seungcheol. "At least save your friendship with Cheol." 

"I want to. Wonwoo wants that as well. It's just... it's complicated." Doyoon said uneasily. He wasn't sure if Hakyeon and the others knew about Cheol's feelings for Wonwoo and he didn't want to be the one to say it. 

Hakyeon sighed, shaking his head. "You're not going to listen to me. Remember this though: there is nothing complicated with real friendship. And what you and Seungcheol had? It's one of the most real friendships I've seen." 

--

It was no surprise to everyone when Wonshik announced that they caught absolutely nothing. Well, they did but the other couple would throw it back in the ocean until everyone got tired and called it quits. Hyuk's tuna remained to be the biggest catch but the trio had caught at least a dozen fish between them so no one starved. Taekwoon and Hongbin had made it their mission to not let Doyoon come near Wonwoo at all and it was sort of driving Doyoon frustrated. Wonwoo seemed oblivious to what was happening though and continued basking in the attention of his favorite hyungs. 

 

"I want dessert." Hyuk said after they had finished eating. Everyone grumbled their agreement. "Let's play a game to decide who goes!" 

 

They played the frying pan game which led to Doyoon and Wonwoo losing because really, even back then they at it. Taekwoon looked like he wanted to protest but Hakyeon was pushing the two out of the restaurant before the older could say anything. He gave Doyoon a meaningful look before going back inside. 

 

"What should we buy?" Wonwoo asked as they began walking. 

Doyoon looked around and checked the amount the hyungs had given him. "We can just buy one popsicle each with this. I'm not even sure if it can cover the amount completely." 

 

Wonwoo hummed, suddenly turning left and Doyoon recognized the store ahead. They frequented the store before and the grandma there had always loved Wonwoo and gave them free ice cream which must be why the younger chose it. Doyoon pulled Wonwoo to the inside when a car raced past them, glaring at the car. 

 

"Thanks." Wonwoo murmured. "Stop glaring at it. It's not going to apologize even if you do that." 

Doyoon huffed. "Even so! Geez, drivers these days." He turned to Wonwoo. "You should he more careful when walking around." 

"I was being safe, idiot." 

"You're calling me idiot a whole lot more." Doyoon pouted but he was actually feeling happy about it. Any attention from Wonwoo was more than acceptable.

"That's because you are." The younger stuck his tongue out. "So, why the stares this morning?" 

Doyoon faltered in his steps, nearly tripping if Wonwoo hadn't caught his wrist. He blushed as he thanked the younger. "Uhm, Hakyeon hyung's just worried."

"About what?" 

"Er, about... us?" Doyoon said uncertainly. Wonwoo wouldn't be mad that he had told what happened to the others since he had told Taekwoon they weren't dating anymore. What he couldn't say though was Hakyeon's advice for him to move on. It just.. it wasn't an option for him. 

 

Wonwoo hummed thoughtfully, not saying anything just yet. They walked in the store, bowing at the grandma manning the store. The younger went up to her and started catching up with her while Doyoon looked at the different popsicle flavors, picking the others' favorites. He computed how much everything would cost and like he had expected, the money given to them wasn't enough. He sighed deeply as he went over to where Wonwoo was. 

 

"Hey. Done with buying the snacks?" Wonwoo asked. 

Doyoon nodded, showing the popsicles. "It was like what I expected." 

 

The younger nodded and the two of them kept quiet while the grandmother checked out their items. Doyoon handed her the payment, turning to Wonwoo with worried eyes. The younger just smiled at him, thanking the grandma sweetly. 

 

"Before you go, dear, take this." The grandma handed them a small tub of vanilla ice cream. "You haven't visited in a while and this is my way of saying how much I missed you." 

Wonwoo grinned, bowing as he took the ice cream. "I missed you too, halmeoni. I'll try to visit more often. Thank you!" He said cutely. "Let's go, hyung." 

 

Doyoon nearly tripped again after hearing what Wonwoo had called him. The younger hadn't called him that in years so it beyond strange hearing it now. He had specifically asked Wonwoo not to call him hyung in fact because hearing your crush call you hyung sort of brought his mood down. It did the same thing to him right now. 

 

"Why'd you call me that?" Doyoon asked once he got over the shock.

Wonwoo turned to him, frowning in confusion. "Call you what?"

"Hyung. You've never called me that." 

"Yes, I did. When Cheol first introduced us, I called you Doyoon hyung." 

"Yes, when we first met. Not now." 

Wonwoo hummed, breaking into a grin when he saw the others already waiting for them outside the restaurant. "Well, you are my hyung so why be bothered by it?" He took the plastic with the popsicles from Doyoon before sprinting off. 

 

Doyoon grumbled as he followed suit because he was older than Wonwoo after all so being called hyung shouldn't be that strange but he still didn't like it. Seungcheol had gotten rid of the hyung title a few weeks after having met the younger mostly because Wonwoo said he had to be mentally older and Cheol didn't seem to disagree with that. 

 

"What's gotten your face even uglier?" Seungcheol asked as he handed Doyoon his popsicle. 

Doyoon took it from him, rolling his eyes. "I am gorgeous, excuse you." He looked at where they were walking, confused as to why they were there. "We're going to school?" 

"Hakyeon hyung said so." Cheol replied. "But seriously, did something happen with Won? Do I have to kick your again?" 

"Stop being so violent, geez. It wasn't a big thing. Uh, he just called me hyung. Which was weird."

"Really weird." The other agreed. "What did you do? I doubt you can just suddenly become hyung like to him with all your fail flirting and all." 

"Yah, what would you know about flirting? You're extremely awkward at talking to people you like. Remember Raina noona?"

 Seungcheol blushed, pushing Doyoon. "S-shut up! You weren't doing too well with Jinah noona either!" 

"I was doing really well! She called me cute a couple of times."

"Yeah, called you cute before walking away." 

Doyoon heard snickers from the rest of their group and knew that they were listening even when they didn't look like it. He huffed, lightly kicking Seungcheol's calf. "Whatever. You're lame." 

"Wonderful retort you have there." Seungcheol said with a scoff.

"Aww, dumb and dumber are back to their arguing selves." Sanghyuk clapped their shoulders. "Good for you kids."

"Yah, who are you calling kids?!" Seungcheol exclaimed.

Doyoon jumped on Hyuk, ignoring the other's cries about the popsicle dripping on his shirt. "You're the same age as us. If we're kids, then you're still baby Hyuk!"

 

Hyuk whined loudly at that, biting Doyoon's arm. Seungcheol laughed as he pointed at the other two who had started play fighting. Wonshik and Jaehwan were cheering for them despite the looks they were getting from the other passerby's. Hakyeon just sighed deeply as if this was an unavoidable part of life. Doyoon's eyes naturally fell on Wonwoo's face and he could see the delight there and he couldn't help but smile in return. Hyuk managed to pinch his arm when he had let his guard down the moment he saw Wonwoo walking a bit away from Hongbin.

 

"Soonyoung! Hey." Wonwoo said, still mildly distracted by the play fighting. 

Doyoon was about to call out his own greeting to Soonyoung when the younger spoke again.

"Hm? Just walking to our old school, why?" Wonwoo chuckled at whatever Soonyoung answered back. "Well..." he said, cutely dragging out the word. "I guess I can talk to your dongsaeng." 

"Ha! I conquered Choi Seungcheol!" Hyuk announced loudly, proudly holding up the snapback Seungcheol was wearing earlier.

"Shut up, Sanghyuk." Seungcheol grabbed the cap back, lightly glaring at Doyoon. "Thanks for the help, Do." 

Doyoon smiled slightly. "Sorry, I was distracted." 

"By what?" 

"Hey, baby. Why are you whining at Soonyoung this lovely day?" Even though Wonwoo had said it quietly, it still rang loud and clear. The others had gained interest as well and was observing the youngest. 

Wonwoo grinned, looking up at the sky for a bit. "Well, it's a lovely day here in Changwon, Mingyu. How was I supposed to know that it's raining back there?" He hummed a bit as he listened to Mingyu before he started laughing. "This is just proving that you really are a cat, you know. You don't like the rain and you like getting petted. Should I start calling you Kitty Mingyu from now on?" 

 

Hakyeon cleared his throat loudly, making Wonwoo and Doyoon jump a bit. The youngest turned to the older in confusion before Hakyeon motioned that the others were going to go ahead. Wonwoo nodded, smiling as he focused back on talking to Mingyu. Hakyeon ruffled his hair as he went past, grabbing Doyoon's wrist as they continued walking on ahead. Doyoon didn't even try to break free from the hold, content to let someone else think for him for a moment. 

 

He could hear confused murmurings from Jaehwan and Wonshik and guessed that Hakyeon hadn't told them yet. Sunwoo and Junghwan kept quiet but Doyoon could feel the sad stares they were giving him. Even Hyuk and Hakyeon were subtly checking on his expression and it made him flush. At least, Seungcheol seemed unfazed by it, pulling Doyoon's wrist away from Hakyeon. 

 

"Stop babying him. He knows Mingyu. This isn't new." Seungcheol said simply.

Hakyeon frowned, looking at Doyoon then back to where Hongbin and Taekwoon were waiting for Wonwoo. "Even so..." 

Seungcheol turned to Doyoon, eyebrows raised expectantly. "Are you really shocked that Mingyu called Won?" 

Doyoon didn't even have to think about it as he shook his head, sighing in defeat. "Not really. With me being here and all, I knew Gyu wouldn't last long without calling." 

"See? He gets it so don't act like it's pitiful. Wonwoo has a boyfriend. It's normal for them to talk to each other. They're actually pretty disgusting and mushy." Seungcheol finished, walking ahead of them. 

 

Doyoon chuckled, lightly nudging Cheol's calf as a way of saying thanks. It was true that he didn't like people to pity him but he knew that the others were just looking out for him so he tried not to say anything about it. What Seungcheol said worked though and the group returned to a normal conversation as they entered the school gates. 

 

Doyoon just followed absentmindedly as they headed to the school's garden. He was still seeing in his mind how Wonwoo lit up the moment he heard Mingyu's voice. Somehow he had thought that maybe the younger really would forget about his boyfriend just for this weekend but a part of him already knew that it was only wishful thinking. He tried not to feel too disheartened by it but it was getting hard to keep lying to himself. 

 

"I knew you guys would be here!" Wonwoo exclaimed as he jumped on Seungcheol. 

Seungcheol chuckled. "Where else would we be? Anyway, how's the boyfriend?" 

"He's good, just a little whiney cause it's raining. They were at Jam Jam when they called so I got to talk to Hansol too. I think Sol misses me more than Mingyu does honestly." 

"Who's Hansol?" Doyoon asked. He could vaguely remember Jisoo mentioning a kid named Hansol but he wasn't paying that much attention.

"Sol's my baby brother." Wonwoo smiled. He opened his phone, showing Doyoon a picture of him and a foreign looking guy. "This is my Hansol Vernon Choi." 

Doyoon frowned. "Baby brother...? What? What do you even mean by yours? What?" 

Seungcheol snickered. "Knew you'd be confused. Sol is his brother in all the ways that matter. The two of them live together actually." 

Hakyeon squeezed himself between the three and was looking at the picture. "Oh! It's the quiet foreign cutie I saw here before! Doesn't he mostly hang out with that Chan kid?" 

"Chan...?" Doyoon mumbled in confusion. 

"He transferred schools though so he doesn't study here anymore. It's closer to Pledis so Hansol's happy about that." Wonwoo smiled as he put his phone away. "The next time we go back here, I should bring Hansol along."

"And Mingyu too!" Hakyeon pouted. "I didn't get to give my mother speech to him!"

"Consider him lucky then." Wonshik groaned. "The memory of that speech still haunts me until now." 

 

Hakyeon made an indignant sound, defending himself and his speech. Everyone started talking about how Hakyeon had given them 'the talk' even when they were all grown ups and didn't really need it. Doyoon was watching them with a detached point of view. 

 

Talking about Hansol had made him realize how much time had passed since he and Wonwoo went on separate ways. Wonwoo wasn't the type of person to trust that easily and for him to call someone his brother, there must have been a deep connection made. If Wonwoo had made a new connection, was it possible that his connections with Doyoon had totally disappeared?

 

Why was it like everyone's lives had continued on while Doyoon's felt like it stopped completely? Maybe he was wrong before. This wasn't a loop anymore but a giant pause that only affected Doyoon. He shivered at the thought, not knowing what to do if he was doomed to be forever stuck as he was.

--

Their group hesitantly decided that it was time to go, having jobs or classes the next day and they didn't want to hit the road when it was too dark. Hakyeon hugged all of them tightly, eyes watering a bit as he said goodbye to his babies, making some of them groan in embarrassment. They all exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch before dispersing one by one. 

 

"Are we still riding back together?" Seungcheol asked, turning to Doyoon.

Doyoon nodded. "Let me just get my stuff. Where should we meet?" 

"Pick us up at my house." Seungcheol paused, brows furrowing as he stared at Doyoon. "Do."

"Yeah?" Doyoon asked, looking back at the other. 

"Don't do this to yourself, idiot. The greatest idiot is someone who sees what's happening right in front of him but chooses to ignore it." He patted Doyoon's head. 

Doyoon paused, cheeks heating up as he looked at the ground. "Are you going all soft on me, Cheol?" 

"You still at taking advices." Seungcheol chuckled. He sighed as he looked onto Wonwoo. "But maybe Won was right. We're brothers and that's not going to change that quickly. This doesn't mean I forgive you completely." He added quickly. "But apparently my conscience can't bear seeing you be the world's biggest idiot." 

 

Doyoon's eyes widened, almost sure that he was dreaming. He had thought that he would have to grovel and beg for Seungcheol to return as his best friends. Even if he didn't admit it to himself, Cheol was the person that knew him the best and he felt like a huge weight had been removed from his chest hearing the other say those words. 

 

"Y-yah! Don't cry, idiot!" Seungcheol panicked.

Doyoon chuckled, sniffling as he hurriedly wiped his eyes. "You still at emotional things."

"And you're still a crybaby." Seungcheol ruffled his hair. "Think about what I said, okay?" He gave Doyoon a small smile before cupping his hands in front of his mouth. "Yo, Wonwoo! Let's get your things then chill at my house! Mom wants to see you!" 

 

Doyoon watched as Seungcheol headed to Wonwoo, bowing at Taekwoon. He chuckled when he saw how nervous Cheol looked; Taekwoon was the only one that scared Seungcheol but then again, everyone was scared of him except Hongbin of course, Wonwoo and Hakyeon. Taekwoon had apparently given his consent and Seungcheol and Wonwoo waved at him before they left. Doyoon was about to leave as well when Taekwoon walked to where he was, making him take an involuntary step back. 

 

"Well?" Taekwoon asked, looking at Doyoon expectantly. 

Doyoon blinked, looking around. "Uh, well what, hyung?"

"Get a move on. I'm walking you back to your place." 

"W-what?" Doyoon looked around for Hongbin, wondering how he didn't notice that the other wasn't there anymore. 

 

Taekwoon didn't bother answering him and started heading for the school gate, looking back at Doyoon over his shoulder. Doyoon scrambled to his feet, hurrying after his hyung. Even though they were heading to Doyoon's place, Taekwoon was the one leading them and surprising enough, he knew where he was going which confused the younger since he was sure he's never invited the older to his place before. Their walk was filled with silence and Doyoon was starting to get more nervous as they neared his house. 

 

"Jang." Taekwoon suddenly said.

Doyoon stood up straight. "Y-yes, hyung?"

"Wonwoo... he seems happy with this Mingyu kid." Taekwoon started, looking at Doyoon with those intense eyes. "I've talked to the kid and I warned him of what I would do if he ever hurt Won, something I apparently should have done to you." Doyoon flinched but the older continued. "I get what you're doing and maybe if it was me and Bin, I'd be doing the same but I would know when to stop. You love Wonwoo don't you?" 

"Of course I do. I love him more than anything." Doyoon answered quickly. 

"Then quit being selfish. I know Seungcheol talked to you and Hakyeon too but they're not going to be as direct as I am. If you really love Wonwoo, then his happiness should be your priority. It's time to man up and realize that you're not the one making him smile anymore." 

 

With that said, Taekwoon headed off to the bus stop, leaving Doyoon dazed on the sidewalk. 

-- 

When Doyoon picked Wonwoo and Seungcheol up, his mind was still reeling with Taekwoon's words. Seungcheol offered to drive after seeing how distracted Doyoon was and he took the offer gratefully. Wonwoo just kept quiet at the back, plugging in his headphones, content to let the two older to work out whatever it was. 

 

Doyoon still stole glances at Wonwoo when he had the chance but it was slightly harder being on the passenger seat and his stares were filled with sadness rather than longing. Seungcheol's loud sigh snapped him out of it slightly. 

 

"Taekwoon hyung talked to you?" Seungcheol asked, keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Yup." Doyoon answered shortly.

"Figured. Hongbin hyung left with Hyuk." Seungcheol glanced at Doyoon. "You okay?" 

 "Not really. Somehow I wished that he had just me with his fist rather than getting talked to." Doyoon admitted, sighing as he looked out the window. 

"You know how protective hyung is of Won." Cheol commented. "So, what's your plan?" 

 

Doyoon looked at Wonwoo, taking in his features and the similarities and differences from him now and from years ago. Images of him and Wonwoo together then of Mingyu and Wonwoo danced in front of his eyes. He took a deep breath as he tore his gaze away. There was a lump in his throat and he swallowed it with difficulty. Maybe it was time to face the music.

 

"I guess it's time to grow up." 

 

A.N: look at how long Taekwoon's speech was omg. Like I can imagine Leo being all quiet then so deep when he gives advices so tadaaah. 

 

I just realized that there's only a handful chapters left in this fic. I'm not going to give a number because I am not sure myself but I do know that this is almost ending. Sobs T.T T.T

 

I feel bad for all the hate Doyoon is getting because of this fic but then again, I would feel the same if I was in your place. 

 

I HAVE REACHED A THOUSAND SUBBIES FOR THIS FIC. OMGGG you guys are sooo the best. <3 I love each and every one of you. ^-* I hope you won't be disappointed on the way things will pan out. SARANGHAE XX <3