Nae Kirin (My Giraffe)

First Love

On a bright sunny morning, the sky was blue and the summer breeze blowing by against Jihyo's bare skin. There she sat alone, tears rolling down her cheeks, silently weeping, recalling the memories of her first love - Kun Yang Oppa. 

Jihyo: Why does it have to be here of all places to film... 


This was one of the places with the most memories Jihyo had tried her best to forget. She has lived well these years, until this day where she was reminded of everything all over again... This places was filled with memories of her first love, they used to hangout here all the time, sometimes just sitting here all afternoon, eating, chatting and just staying together, it was beautiful, so beautiful that Jihyo could never bring herself to forget. 


She sat aside after getting prepared and faced the crew that is setting up with her back. She couldn't control her emotions and weeped silently to avoid other people seeing her cry, but to her surprise someone called her from the back, it was a good friend that she haven't seen since she graduated from secondary school - Lee Kwangsoo. She never thought she would meet him again, and never did she expect him to be a Running Man cast. 


Jihyo: First the filming location and now Kwangsoo, aish if I knew it was going to be like that I wouldn't have agreed to guest on Running Man... Why of all people does it have to be Kwangsoo... 


Throughout the filming Jihyo pretended to be fine and participated in the Running Man games actively. However once filming has ended, she tried to run away as quick as possible even though Jae Suk invited her to join them for dinner.  


As she was waiting for her manager to pick her up, someone called her from behind. 


Kwangsoo: Noona, are you leaving already? Why don't you want to join us for dinner?


Jihyo: Oh... Well I'm not as close as you guys are, it'll just be awkward


Kwangsoo: Then do you wanna go out for dinner with just the two of us? You know to just catch up after so many years? No excuse now noona... Hehe


Jihyo: Well... I... Maybe next time...


Kwangsoo insisted no matter how much Jihyo tried to refuse. Jihyo wanted to avoid seeing Kwangsoo again to stop her memories to return but it was already too late, she finally accepted Kwangsoo's offer and they went for dinner. 


During dinner Jihyo felt awkward and didn't know what to say, Kwangsoo was unsure if it was appropriate to bring this up, but to break the silence, he spoke up. 


Kwangsoo: Noona, are you feeling better now after these years...? You know, about Kun Yang hyung...


Jihyo froze at the mention of Kun Yang Oppa, she tried to speak but only kept stuttering. 


Jihyo: Huh? Yea well... Not really, but... Um... 


Kwangsoo: I can't hear what you are saying, stop muttering and speak up noona


Jihyo then remembered the question she wanted to ask Kwangsoo so badly earlier but was interrupted by the PD to start filming. Nervously, she asked Kwangsoo. 


Jihyo: I uh... Um... I want to ask... How is Kun Yang oppa...? How has he been? 


Kwangsoo: Kun Yang hyung? He's doing pretty well, don't worry, I think he's building his career in the US, I met with him last Christmas, he seemed very happy 


Jihyo was glad that her oppa was doing well, but she couldn't help but feel upset that her oppa was so happy without her. Jihyo missed him so badly, but it seemed like he has already forgotten her. 
Jihyo asked quietly.


Jihyo: Then did he... Ever um... Mention about me... Or said he missed me... Or just remembered me...? 


Kwangsoo: What? What did you say noona? I couldn't hear you.


Feeling embarrassed,  Jihyo looked down and tried to avoid Kwangsoo's eyes. 


Jihyo: Nevermind... It's nothing


Kwangsoo laughed and put his hand on Jihyo's shoulder. 


Kwangsoo: Yah noona, relax, it's just me, you know you can trust me, just speak comfortably. 


Jihyo smiled as she felt slightly relieved

Jihyo: Thanks Kwangsoo-ah, you didn't change a bit, still as supportive as you were back then, except that you're looking more and more like a giraffe haha


Kwangsoo: What do you mean giraffe!! Noona I'm a human! 


They continued to joke and tease each other during the dinner, they both had a great time, remembering the lovely memories of their secondary school life, temporarily brushing away Jihyo's sadness about her first love. 
Kwangsoo got Jihyo's number and made her promise to keep contact, then drove Jihyo home. 


Jihyo: Thank you so much for tonight Kwangsoo-ah, I had a great time... To be honest, I missed you, I'm sorry I had to keep away from you to deal with my emotions back then... 


Kwangsoo: No problem noona, that's the past, I missed you too, you have no idea how happy I was when I saw you again today. 


Jihyo: It's late now, I'll be going in, drive safely nae kirin (my giraffe)


Kwangsoo: Okay, wow Jihyo noona, how long has it been since you've called me that? Haha I like it though. Oh well, you must be tired, goodnight noona!


Jihyo: Goodnight!

With that, Jihyo watched Kwangsoo leave then went into her house.