Chapter 52

ThE sEcReT . . .

Today is the first day of winter for the year. Woo Bin look out at the window. He looks at the garden which fill with the white snowflakes. The woods look gloomy and lonely. Winter is the best season for a vampire because of the cold temperature and Yura’s favorite season too.

The past memories came to his mind.

“Yura, please wear your shoes.” Woo Bin said while running following Yura from behind. At that time, Woo Bin is 15 years old. Yura is still keeps running away from his brother before she falls to the ground.

“Your feet is so cold.” Woo Bin said when he touches Yura’s feet to get her wear the shoes.

“I don’t feel cold at all, oppa.”

“Maybe not now but later on you will get sick.” Woo Bin said while wipe the snow at her right foot before put on the shoes.

“I don’t care.”

“But I care.”

Yura sit up and face her brother. She looks at Woo Bin with a cute face.

“Why you look at me like that? There is must be something that you want from me right?”

“Can I go play in the wood?”

“You can’t go there. It’s danger.”

“I saw a rabbit earlier. Can I have one?”

“I will buy one for you.”

“But I want the one that I catch myself.”

“The rabbit should stay in the woods. It might have a family there. If you catch it then the family will get sad.”

“But then if you buy me one, it will be the same right? Don’t they have family as well?”

Woo Bin looks speechless before he answer.

“The one that we buy from shop must be lost from their family.”

“So, if let say I lost you too one day, then will I get sold in the shop as well?”

“Why would you lost me?”

“I just say it if one day…we never know what will happen in future right? Will you leave me one day?”

“Never. I will never leave you.”

“Then good. I also promise will not leave you, oppa.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Wait, I smell blood.” Woo Bin then said suddenly.

Yura then slowly shows her hand. There is blood at her palm.

“I thought I can hide it from you, oppa.”

“You know that you cannot hide anything from me.” Woo Bin said and wipe Yura’s hand with his handkerchief.

Yura looks at Woo Bin for quite long. Woo Bin bring out his handkerchief and wipe off the blood from Yura’s palm.

“I’m sorry.” Yura said suddenly.

“What are you sorry for? Sorry for running away from me? Or sorry because you hurt yourself?”

“Sorry because I cannot keep my promise to you.”

“What promise?”

“Promise that I will not leave you alone.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I think it’s time for me to go, oppa?”

“Where you wanna go?”

“Go somewhere far. Far from you and everyone.”

“Wait. I don’t understand. You just hurt your hand. It’s nothing serious, Yura-ah. Please don’t scare me like this.”

“It’s not only my hand, oppa. My heart is hurting too. I think it’s going to stop soon. I don’t have much time to say goodbye.”

“What?”

Suddenly, Yura turns her head to the voice calling for her. She then turn back to look at Woo Bin.

“Mom is already calling for me, oppa.”

“Mom? But, she was already dead…do you mean...” Woo Bin looks confuse but then he realizes something. He looks at the way Yura was looking but he didn’t see anyone there. He looks confuse.

“Now, you understand right, oppa?”

“No! You can’t go there. Please don’t leave me. You have promise me to not leave me alone.” Woo Bin lean closer to Yura then hug her tight.

“I think it’s time for you to release me free. I have been with you for 20 years and I think it’s time for me to choose my own path.”

Woo Bin then release the hug and looks at Yura’s eyes.

“I choose to go to Mom and Dad.” Yura said softly.

“Then, how about me? I can’t live without you.”

“Yes, you can. You have your friends that are loyal to you. You have your people that willing to stand and die for you.”

“But it’s not the same as you. I have been devoted all my life for you. And now, you want to leave me just like that?”

“It’s not yet your time, oppa. One day…one day you also will come to us.”

“No! I will not let you leave me.” Woo Bin said loud.

“I’m sorry, oppa.”

“No, Yura-ah.”

 

“Woo Bin…Woo Bin!” Someone call his name. Woo Bin open his eyes and he sees Soo Hyuk is standing in front of him with the weird looks.

“Are you okay? You are sweating like hell.”

Woo Bin wakes up and walks towards Yura who is still lying peacefully on her ice bed.

“What happen to you? You have been sleeping here for whole day.” Soo Hyuk said. Obviously he is worried of Woo Bin.

“She wants me to let her go, Soo Hyuk. What am I supposed to do?”

“What do you mean?”

“I dreamed of her earlier. She asked me to let her free. She said she choose my parents instead of me.”

“It’s just a dream. You know that it’s not true. Yura will always choose you no matter what.”

“Not this time. Her eyes looks different. She is begging me to let her go.”

Soo Hyuk sigh.

“Then, what will be your choice? Do you really want to let her go?”

“My whole life is about my sister. How am I supposed to live without her?”

“I think Yura wants you to think about yourself now. You have been trying to protect her for the past 20 years. You even lost someone that you love and your heir. So, I think it’s about time for you to think about your own life.”

“Then you want me to let her go?”

“I don’t say that we should let her go. Even now, you are just like Yura…half dead. You are alive but not really alive. Like you believe that Yura will wake up one day and I do believe that too. But, we don’t know when she will wake up. So, you cannot just waste your life by spending here the whole time. I know you are grieving, but 3 months already past. And, it’s about time for you to let go your grieving and focus on your life.”

“But she is my life.”

“She is your life before all this happen. And now, no one can harm her anymore. You have announced her death and even step down from your place in the hierarchy. No one will hunt us anymore.”

Woo Bin looks at Soo Hyuk. Yes, all what Soo Hyuk said is true. But, it’s not an easy steps that take.

“Give me some time.”

“You know what, the choice is always in your hand. I just can gives my opinion and advice to you as a friend and your right man. I know it’s difficult to overturn everything, so take a deep thinking of what I’m saying and make a right decision.”

Soo Hyuk leaves Woo Bin alone with Yura. He needs a space to think. Soo Hyuk knows it’s always a hard decision to make when it comes to Yura. For the whole of Woo Bin’s life, he always put Yura as first priority. Her safety. Her life. Her every moves. Woo Bin always calculate it so that his sister will never face any hardship and threatened with any harm.

But, no matter how they try to protect Yura, their enemies are always will find a way to get her. The only way that can make Woo Bin’s bloodline falls are by attacking Yura. And now, they succeed. Even though Yura is still alive but Woo Bin make a huge decision which he is willingly to step down from his place.