Chapter 28

ThE sEcReT . . .

Yura lay down on her bed but she cannot sleep. She just closes her eyes but her mind still wandering on what Kris said to her earlier.

The kiss. The pain that she has to bear. Both are related to each other. She has to choose. She has to choose either she wants love and bear the pain or she refuse the love and secure her heart from any pain.

Yura open her eyes and sit on her bed.

“So what?” She said while looking at Kris who is standing in front of her.

“What?” Kris asks her soft.

“So what if I’m in pain? The pain is not last long. I just have to bear for 5-10 minutes then I’ll be fine.” Yura let out what was in her heart.

“So, do you want to say that you don’t mind if you suffer the heart pain just for a kiss? Or you want to say that you don’t mind for you and me to be together?”

“Is there any different between that? Do you think I will allow just anyone that I don’t have feeling for…to kiss me?”

Kris takes a deep breath while looking down. Then, he looks at Yura again.

“I will not allow you to be in pain anymore. What I’m going to say is, I’m sorry to fall in love with you. I’m sorry for kiss you. Please…please just forget everything. I will be just your personal guard and evade my feelings towards you.”

“But I don’t want you to evade your feelings! If you do then how about my feeling…?”

“That’s why I ask you to forget everything.”

“Do you have confidence that you can totally remove me from your heart? It’s because for me…it will take me some time to throw you away.”

“If it’s hard for you to forget the feeling by me here with you…then I will ask for the replacement.”

“Who are you to decide that, Kris-shi? You came to my life without notice and came to my heart without alert, and now...you want to leave just like that? Do you have no feeling guilty at all?”

“If I told Woo Bin and my leader the truth, I will be totally removed from my duty now as your personal guard, Yura-shi.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“I don’t mean that way.”

“Okay, fine. You decide what you think is right for you. I will decide what is right for me and my life.” Yura grab the comforter and drag to her head.

***

Yura follows Soo Hyuk to his favorite place to do his favorite sports. Archery!

Kris grabs the bow and arrow case from Yura’s hand.

“I can carry it myself.” Yura then take back the bow and arrow case from Kris and leave Kris behind. Kris just let her be. She must be still angry with him.

“So, are you ready to challenge me?” Soo Hyuk asks Yura while checking on his bow the one that gift by Yura on his birthday. Yura smiles to Soo Hyuk and then nods.

“Don’t you know that this is one of my favorite sports as well, Hyuk oppa?”

“Okay, so what is the prize for the winner?”

“Hm…if I win, I want you to carry me back home.”

“Okay, no problem. But if I win, I want you to have a date with me for one whole day.”

“Okay, call!”

Kris ties a red ribbon at the pigeon’s leg before he releases the bird. The rule, whoever arrow that hit the pigeon down will announce as the winner. Both Soo Hyuk and Yura focus on the pigeon that already flew into the sky. The challenge is that the pigeon fly fast and high. And, the pigeon fly in group with others pigeon and they have to hit down the right pigeon.

Yura run to the middle of field with the arrow pointing at the sky. She stills try to locate the pigeon with the red ribbon.

When she is in the middle of the field, she could hear someone called her name. She turns back and at that time, someone grabs her waist and she drops the bow to the ground.

“Kris…” Kris hugs her and she could see Soo Hyuk running pass her and shooting his arrows towards the tree.

“Are you okay?” Kris asks her while checking on her if she is okay.

“Yeah…but, why?” Yura is still shocked and confused with what have happened.

“It’s okay if you are not hurt…”

“Kris…!” Yura called for Kris when she sees blood drop from his shoulder. At that time, Kris kneel down to ground.

“Kris-shi? Talk to me, please.”

“I’m…okay….don’t worry.” Kris try to bear the pain.

“No, you are not…the blood…”

“I should...bring you back to mansion.” Kris then stands and grabs Yura’s hand. He limped heavily as he moved but he has to ensure Yura’s safety. Yura just follows Kris’ footsteps.

When they reach the mansion and Kris ensure Yura is safe, he stops walking and look at Yura.

“I’m sor-ry…” Kris said before he falls down and unconscious.

“No! Kris…Kris, please….”