Chapter 17

ThE sEcReT . . .

“Do you love your sister, Woo Bin-ah?” Stella asks her son, Woo Bin who sits beside her. Stella was tired when she is watering her flowers in the garden so she takes a rest. At that time, Woo Bin came to her and accompanies her.

“Yes!” Woo Bin said confidently. The tiny hand of the 5 years old then holds his mother’s stomach while smiling brightly. He is so immersed to see the balloon size of stomach. He is very excited when his Mom said that his baby sister is sleeping inside the stomach and he cannot wait to greet her soon.

“I will be a good brother. So, don’t worry, Mom.”

“Do you have a name for your sister?”

“I have written it here.” Woo Bin then bring out a piece of paper from his pocket.

“But, I don’t know if she will like the name.”

“Let me see, so I can help you to pick one.”

Stella smiles when she reads the name written in the paper.

“Wonda? Woo Na?”

“I want her name to be same with mine. But, it doesn’t sound right.”

“All names are start with ‘W’ but you wrote one with a different initial, Yura?”

“I think ‘W’ is suitable for boy. So, I choose another initial.”

“Why Yura?”

“I don’t know. The first name I can think is Yura. Doesn’t the name sounds cute, Mom?”

“Yes, it does sound cute. So, should we name her as Yura?”

“Yes!” Woo Bin smiles happily.

“Later, tell Dad about the name and ask Dad if he likes the name or not.”

“Okay, Mom. Yura-ah…don’t sleep anymore and faster come out. I want to play with you.” Woo Bin slowly touch Stella’s stomach and kiss it before he runs inside the mansion.

 

**Woo Bin’s POV**

Woo Bin stares at the black sky. Tonight, there are no stars. So, the black sky looks gloomy and same goes to his heart.

Woo Bin looks at his side when he could feel someone touch his hand soft.

“What are you doing here outside alone, my son?”

“I miss you, Mom.”

“I miss you too, my dear. How are you?”

Woo Bin did not answer his Mom. He stays silent. Actually, he feels like he wants to cry and scream at the same time.

“I think I fail, Mom. I cannot keep the promise that I made to you.”

“My son has done a great job. You never break the promise. I am proud of you.”

“Yura…I cannot protect her, Mom. I don’t think I have been a good brother to her. She is always in danger and facing death every moment.”

“She is now 20 years old. You have kept her safe for 20 years. Now, the only thing you have to do is to let her follow her destiny. You know that our world is different with human so as long as she is not become part of us, she will be more danger.”

“I don’t want her to be part of us, Mom. I want her to always be my little sister. I raised her since she was a baby so I don’t think I can turn her to something…”

“Do you still remember what I had told you before? Even though Dad and me knew the fact that we should not have a daughter, it makes us really want to have one. Do you know why? If we have another son, our loves will be divided. But, if we have a baby girl, we believe that our loves will remain equal. See now, you love your sister more than anything. Why you love her so much? Is it because she is the only family that you have?”

“I love her so much because we both share the same blood and she is half of me.”

“You have done a great job to take care of your sister. I think you are more reliable than me and your Dad.”

“Mom, but I still need you. I still have that dream, Mom. I still cannot sleep at night because of that dream.”

“I’m sorry to make you witness something that you shouldn’t. I’m really sorry.”

“Mom, can you stay with me until I sleep?” Woo Bin put her head on Stella’s lap before he close his eyes.

After so long, he could feel that his sleep is very comfortable.

“Sleep well, my son.”