Chapter 53

ThE sEcReT . . .

10 years later.

Woo Bin chases one little girl before he carried it inside the mansion.

“I got you.” Woo Bin said.

“Appa, can we play again tomorrow?”

“Sure. Now, I want you to go to your room and take a bath. Later, we will have dinner with your uncles.”

“Okay, Appa.”

As usual, Woo Bin will go underground and see Yura. For the past 10 years, he never failed to come down here and talk to Yura. He never give up on her.

“Today is little Yuna’s 10th birthday. We will throw her a birthday party tonight. How I wish you will be there too and celebrate with us.” Woo Bin said. He looks at Yura’s face. That white pale face is still look the same even though 10 years have passed. There are lot of things have changed for that passed 10 years. But, Yura is still remain the same.

“You know what, I don’t care to wait for you to wake up even for hundred years. I know you are tired with this world and I allowed you to take rest for how long that you want. But, please promise me that you will wake up one day. There are so many things had happened and I have a lot of things to catch up with you.”

“I have to go now. I have to prepare for the party tonight. I will come down here again tomorrow. See you, my sister.” Woo Bin kiss Yura’s forehead before he leaves.

Everyone has gather in the living hall. Yuna is cute with his white dress and the flower place on her head.

“My daughter is already 10 years old now. Happy birthday, my dear.” Woo Bin said to Yuna and pinch her soft cheek.

“I’m your big daughter now, Appa.” Yuna said cutely.

“Here, this is from me.” Soo Hyuk then gives out his gift to Yuna. Yuna seems happy to receive that gift from Soo Hyuk.

“You are always excited to receive gift from Uncle Hyuk, right? But, you don’t even look at my gift.” Song Jun said to Yuna makes everyone laugh.

“It is because Uncle Hyuk always bought me something that I want.” Replied Yuna.

“I bought you a beautiful dress every year but you don’t seems as excited as when you received presents from Uncle Hyuk.” Now, Jong Hyun turns to tease Yuna.

“I wore the dress that you gave me tonight, Uncle Hyun.” Yura said. She looks innocent and that’s why everyone falls for her instantly.

Everyone stand around the table and sing Happy Birthday song to Yuna. Yuna looks excited when she cut the cake when suddenly she said to Woo Bin.

“Appa, who is she?” Yuna said while pointing at the second floor. Everyone look up at the way Yuna pointing at. Everyone looks shocked.

Yura!

Woo Bin runs up the stairs and his eyes look at Yura with tears.

“Are you really my sister, Yura?” Woo Bin asks to Yura. Yura’s face still looks pale and she smiles to Woo Bin.

“I…have a hard time to walk…here.” For 10 years, this is the first time Woo Bin heard that voice and it’s enough to make him cry harder. Woo Bin hugs Yura tight. It is like he wants to release all his miss towards her sister by hugging her long.

“I miss you so much.”

“Who is that little girl?” Yura asks to Woo Bin. A cute little girl is staring at her now in confuse face. Woo Bin release the hug and turn to look at Yuna.

“Her name is Yuna. My daughter.” Woo Bin introduce Yuna to Yura. Yura look at Woo Bin with shocked.

“Yuna, come here.” Woo Bin call Yuna and Yuna comes running to them.

“This is your aunty. Aunty Yura. She is Appa little sister.”

“Hello, Aunty Yura.” Yuna said. As this is the first time she sees Yura then she feels a little bit shy.

“Yuna? Your daughter? Then…what year is it now? How long…I slept?” Yura said before she turns to Woo Bin.

“Let’s talk later. Come I bring you to your room.” Woo Bin said.

“I saw you are having a party earlier. Am I wake up at the wrong time?” Yura said.

“No. You wake up at the right time.”

Woo Bin brings Yura to her room. Woo Bin seems excited and at the same times, he is still not believe that at last Yura is awake.

Woo Bin brings out Yura’s new clothes from the cupboard.

“Where is Aunty Mimi?” Yura asks to Woo Bin.

“I sent her back to her hometown. I think it’s time for her to live for her own life.” Woo Bin said.

“Likes how you live for your life? You even have your own daughter.” Yura said makes Woo Bin stops what he was doing.

“I adopt her.”

“Why? Is it because you had done enough with me?” Yura said. It makes Woo Bin speechless with Yura’s word. He walks to Yura and hold her hands.

“Why are you thinking like that? I never give up on you.”

“You looks happy earlier, oppa. I don’t think I suit your life now.”

“I cannot believe you said that. For 10 years, I never give up even a second on you.”

“So, I have been slept for 10 years? I bet there are so many things happened within that period of time. I bet your heart too.”

“What are you talking about?”

“If what happened to me and Hyorin long time ago and it happen again now, will you choose me or your daughter?”

“I think you are still confuse, Yura-ah. I know, you have slept for 10 years and you might have a lot to think and feel.”

“You are not answering to my question, oppa.”

Woo Bin looks at Yura’s eyes and he let out a sigh.

“You and Hyorin are different. Even I loves her but I choose you because you are my sister and my blood. I loves you more than her. Yuna…Yuna is my daughter.”

“You said you adopt her and she is also not from your own blood. But, this time you seems cannot make your choice. You cannot choose between me and Yuna.”

“Yura-ah…”

“I lost 10 years memories with you. I have been struggling to survive in order to wake up. I miss you so much. I miss others so much. But their eyes….they seems confuse when they looked at me earlier. I don’t see Kris either. Even Aunty Mimi…she also left me. And now I realize that I don’t think I should wake up.”

“What are you talking about? Why you behaves like this? About Aunty Mimi, it was my idea to send her back to her hometown. She don’t agree with me at first but she is a human and not someone like us. Her life has limit. She is already with us for almost 50 years. I think it’s time for her to go back to where she belongs so that she can spend her remaining life at her own place.”

“And Kris…After what had happened to you, he cannot forgives himself. He has been hunting for Zartan to get revenge of what he had done to you. He sacrifices his life by risking his life…and it’s all for you. But, he never miss to come and see you every full moon.” Woo Bin explain. He is a little startle with the way Yura behavior.

Yura just listen to Woo Bin without saying a word.

“Or…Is it because of Yuna? Are you afraid that my love to you will change because of Yuna?” Woo Bin tried to guess what make his sister behaves like this.

“Your heart is already changed, oppa. I can hear your heartbeat. It doesn’t sound like before anymore.”

Woo Bin loss of words. Suddenly, he feels regret with his decision to live for his own life. If he knew that one day when Yura wake up and behaving like this, he will stay grieving for Yura and do not take Soo Hyuk’s advice.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I choose my life over you. I thought that one day when you wake up, I can gives you a happy family that you and I ever dream of. I adopt a cute little girl so that we can cheer up our gloomy house with her laugh and cuteness. But, I think I’m wrong.”

“You adopt her so that she can replace me, oppa.”

“You are my sister and nothing can change that fact. Not even Yuna.”

“Yes, nothing can change the fact that I’m your sister but Yuna changed the fact that I’m no longer your first priority.”

Once again, Woo Bin is speechless with Yura’s word. Now, he knows what makes her behaves like this. It is because of Yuna. Since the first time she met Yuna, her eyes look different. He couldn’t tell at first but now he know what was in Yura’s mind.

“So, what you want me to do?” Woo Bin then asks to Yura.

“I want you to choose between her and me.”

“So, what if I choose you?”

“Then it’s up to you what to do with her but I don’t want to see her in this house.” Yura said before she walks to the bathroom and left Woo Bin speechless.

Yura has changed. She is no longer the kind hearted girl that everyone knew. Woo Bin almost don’t recognize his sister as she behaves strangely.

 

“You have to gives her some time. It might be the effect of the 10 years half dead that she experienced.” Soo Hyuk said when Woo Bin told him about Yura.

“Then, what should we do about Yuna? We cannot just send her back to the orphanage. She is my daughter. I have been raising her like my own for 10 years.”

“For the time being, maybe it’s better for you to avoid Yuna by meeting with Yura.”

“But she is just 10 years old and she knows nothing. What should I explain to her?”

 

But, at that time without anyone realizes.

Yuna opens the door and found Yura is sitting on the chair at her dressing table while combing her hair.

“Aunty Yura…can you play with me?”

Yura turns to Yuna.

“Who ask you to enter to my room?” Yura said in pissed off.

“I cannot find Appa. I just want you to play with me.”

“Appa?” Yura said and walks near Yuna.

“Ok…come I bring you to your Appa…”

“Really?” Yuna said happily. Yuna holds to Yura’s hand and follows Yura’s steps.