Chapter 12

ThE sEcReT . . .

Soo Hyuk runs to the emergency room with his two residents follow from behind.

There is a major accident between Lorry and bus, so their emergency room is pack with patient. Soo Hyuk has to go down to give a hand to the ER doctors.

Soo Hyuk runs to one of the patient who is unconscious.

“Clean his blood and check for the injury. Do the x-ray and MRI. Let me know once the result comes out.” Soo Hyuk gives a command to his residents.

“Yes. Chief.”

Soo Hyuk then runs to the other patients.

“Miss, can you hear me?”

“Yes…”

“Can you tell me your name?”

“Kyu…mi…”

“Are you feels pain anywhere, Kyumi-shi?”

“My leg…I cannot feel my leg.”

Soo Hyuk turns to look down at her leg and he gets the scissors to cut the pant. There is a big cut on her upper leg. SooHyuk grabs a bottle of iodine and pour on the cut.

“I’m sorry. I will do it fast.” Soo Hyuk said to Kyumi when she cried out of pain.

“Do you need any help, Chief?” One of the residents comes to him and asks him if he needs anything.

“I’m fine here. Go and check patient in next bed. Shout if you need any help.” Soo Hyuk said to the resident.

“Yes, Chief.”

Soo Hyuk continues to treat Kyumi. He cleans the blood and sews the cut in just 10 minutes. After he finished, he call a nurse to give Kyumi a pain killer pill and transfer her to normal ward.

“I will check you again after you wake up.” Soo Hyuk said to Kyumi before he goes to another patient.

“What’s his symptom?” Soo Hyuk asks.

“He just vomits blood a minute ago. There is no other external injury.”

Soo Hyuk grabs the patient’s shirt and tears it open. He then presses the patient’s chest slowly to allocate the internal injury.

“The bone is rupture and cut into the liver. Please get the doctor for the emergency operation and book the room right away.” Commands him to a nurse before the nurse runs towards the reception.

At that time, his phone is ringing. He grabs the phone in his pocket and look at the caller.

Yura! He looks around and then looks at his phone. He picks up the call.

“Hello. Yura?” But there is no answer from the other side. He could hear the noise sounds and he keeps calling Yura name. And then the line is shut. He looks at his phone and thinks that maybe the line is not good. After a few minutes, he gets the call again.

“Yura…” So Hyuk called Yura’s name again. But still there is no voice except for the noise.

“Chief…” The nurse who is he asked to call for the doctor and book the room come to him again.

Soo Hyuk put down his phone and listens to the nurse named Kelly.

“There is no operation room available at the moment. But, there is one ER room that we can use. I will prepare everything and bring it there.”

“Whose doctor will be in charge?”

“I cannot find any. But you can helps right, Chief?”

“But I…” Soo Hyuk turns to look at his phone again.

“Chief, patient is vomitting again.”

“Okay, prepare the room and bring the patient there now. I will make a quick phone call then I will go there.” Soo Hyuk then rush to out from the ER and make a call to Yura again. But, this time there is no answer.

He then called Woo Bin but then he forgot that Woo Bin had an urgent meeting today so he might not pick up the call as well. He tried to call Sung Joon.

“Sung Joon, where are you?”

“Incheon. Why?”

“Is it possible if you go back to mansion now and check for Yura. I received calls from her but she didn’t talk. I tried to call her back but then there is no answer. I afraid there is something happen to her. I cannot leave the hospital right now.”

“I will try to get there as soon as possible.”

“Let me know if there is anything happen. Ah, I almost forgot...I will be in operation room so might not picking up your call. I will try to finish it as fast as I can and go back to mansion.”

“Okay, don’t worry. I believe she will be okay since she had Kris with her.”

“I know but we should not ignore for any possibility that might happen.”

“Okay, I will back to mansion now. Meanwhile, I will try to get through the others as well.”

Soo Hyuk enters the ER room for the liver operation. Even this is not part of his specialty but he had done this several time before. But, not sure why he feel nervous and his heart keeps beating fast. ‘Is it because of Yura?’ Ask him in heart. Somehow, he starts the operation with a deep breath and empty mind.

“I want this to be done in 30 minutes. Please stay alert and focus.” Soo Hyuk tells his assistance in the ER room. Everyone looks at him in disbelief.

In 30minutes, he finished by close up the liver injury and leaves the rest to his first assistance to finish it.

He rushes out from the ER room and heading to his car in the car park. He dials Yura’s number again but still no answer.

When reaching his car, he sees a young lady sitting on the floor.

“Kyumi-shi, what are you doing here? You are supposed to stay on your bed.”

“You said that you will come when I’m awake.” Soo Hyuk looks at his watch.

“Did you take your medicine?” Kyumi nods.

“If you really took your medicine then only 5 hours later you will awake. Now, it’s only one hour and half. Do you feel dizzy or pain anywhere?” Soo Hyuk check on Kyumi’s leg and then look at her.

“Actually, I’m not feeling pain at all.”

“What you mean?”

“It’s because I’m…” Kyumi then turns to vampire. Her eyes turn grey.

“I’m sorry, Soo Hyuk-shi. I have to pay your kindness with this…” She then stabs long steel on Soo Hyuk’s stomach. Soo Hyuk cannot avoid the sudden attack as he did not prepare and expect anything.

“What the…” SooHyuk scream out the pain when he pulls out the steel from his stomach.

“I know you can feel the poison flowing in your blood. Your wound will not be healing like usual. I will give you an advice on how you can survive. You can call Yura and make her come here to save you or stay here and die alone. Make your choice, Soo hyuk-shi!”

“So, you are the one who…”

“Ah, yes…I forgot...I have Yura’s phone with me. So, how you can make a call to her?”

“So, you met her? Did you done anything to her?” With hardship, he still concerns of Yura.

“Well, she has a very great bodyguard and unfortunately, I cannot do anything to her. But, it’s okay at least I get one of her supporter. I bet she and her brother will be doomed when you are gone. I cannot wait to see that, Soo Hyuk-shi.”

“Sorry, my dear…you don’t have to wait because you will die in my hand today!” Sung Joon runs towards Kyumi and stabs the steel directly on her heart and just a few seconds, Kyumi turns to black dust.

While Jong Suk and Jong Hyun run to Soo Hyuk.

“Your wound…it does not heal. Is it poison?” Jong Hyun seems panic when he sees Soo Hyuk’s wound not heal as normal.

“What should we do, Soo Hyuk-ah? Tell me…!” The calm Jong Suk also turns out panic.

“I don’t think I have much time. Bring me back to the mansion.”

“No, we should do something to you. Let me know how to get the poison out from your body. Is there anything in the hospital that we can use?”

“You know there is nothing we can do, right? Just bring me home.”

“Please, Soo Hyuk-ah…” Soo Hyuk seems cannot talk anymore when he holds the pain. He holds Jong Suk hands.

“We must bring Soo Hyuk to mansion now.” Jong Suk then back to his normal and tell the rest.