Chapter 23

ThE sEcReT . . .

Yura wake up in the middle of the night. She feels hot that night. The window is close so she walks to the window and open it wide.

The wind really made her feels fresh. It’s weird because her body feels so warm tonight.

“Do you feel warm?” Kris asks Yura. She nods her head while looking at the sky.

“There are no more stars during the night. Where are they hiding?”

“It’s like going to rain tonight.”

“Is it? Maybe that’s why the weather feels so hot to me.”

“Do you want to take a bath so that you will feel refreshed?”

“No, it’s okay…I just want to stay here.”

“I heard Woo Bin and the others talking earlier…Soo Hyuk will be back to normal. Maybe he will wake up tomorrow.” Kris tries to attract Yura’s attention as he could feel that something has bothered her. Maybe she is currently thinking about Soo Hyuk. So, Kris purposely tries to attract her attention by mentioning Soo Hyuk.

Yura turn to look at Kris and gives him a smile. “What a relief.” Yura then turn to look outside the window again.

“Is there anything that you want to share with me?” After a long silence then Kris ask Yura.

“Nothing.”

“Are you sure? It seems you have hid something from everyone.”

“Don’t worry, I’m okay.”

Then, they both keep silence again. The breath and the wind flowing inside to the room can be heard in that quiet atmosphere.

**Yura’s POV**

Yura feels hot and that make her awake from her sleep. She never feels hot like this especially during the night time. She opens the window and the wind really makes her feel a bit better.

Then, her minds keep wandering around. She only replied short to Kris’s questions because there is something playing in her mind right now.

‘I think I lose the power to control my temperature.’ She now can figure out what the power that she loses after giving her blood to Soo Hyuk. She doesn’t want to tell Woo Bin or anyone else as she afraid that they will feel burdened.

Compared to the others vampire, her families and including the others four have the power to control the body temperature. We can feel warm during the summer and cold during winter. But, the other vampires only can feel cold all the time.

Now, she is no longer have that ability, She might feel sudden cold and warm no matter it is winter or summer time.

 

**Soo Hyuk’s POV**

When he opens his eyes, he could see Jong Suk and Jong Hyun at his both side of bed. And, Sung Joon is standing at his feet.

“What happens to me?”

“Welcome back, buddy.” Sung Joon said to Soo Hyuk. Everyone is glad to see Soo Hyuk is awake now.

Soo Hyuk closes his eyes and tries to rewind back his memory.

“Why am I still alive?” Soo Hyuk asks when he opens his eyes. He could remember what happened to him a week ago. He looks shocked. All of them looks at each other and not sure how to explain to Soo Hyuk about the real situation.

And at that time, Woo Bin enters the room. Everyone looks relieved.

“Hm…I think you need more rest. We will leave you and Woo Bin.” Jong Hyun then stands up and drags Jong Suk together with him. He gives a smile to Woo Bin before walk out from the room. Sung Joon also follows Jong Hyun and Jong Suk’s footstep.

Now, leave Woo Bin alone with Soo Hyuk in the room.

“How are you doing?” Woo Bin takes a sit beside Soo Hyuk.

“I know there is something not right. I want you to tell me the truth.”

“You just awake. So, why not if you have deep rest today.”

“Do you also want to run from answering me?”

“I will tell you but not today.”

“I’m not a kid, Woo Bin. And, I’m not weak also. If you cannot tell me then I will ask someone else.”

Woo Bin take a deep breath before he looks at Soo Hyuk.

“The steel that been stabbed to your stomach…was poisoned…”

“That’s I know. I want you to tell me how I survived from that poison? Everyone knows that impossible to heal from that unless…” Soo Hyuk stops his words then looks at Woo Bin.

“…Don’t tell me…” Soo Hyuk cannot believe when he sees Woo Bin is just stay quiet and look down. So, Soo Hyuk can guess that what he was thinking now is right.

“How can you agree with that, Woo Bin-ah?” Soo Hyuk wake up from his bed and sit by facing Woo Bin.

“What am I supposed to do?”

“Yah…! Are you forgets what we are protecting for all this while? Why can you just…” Soo Hyuk voice becomes louder. He doesn’t care who Woo Bin is now as he cannot control his anger.

“She is no longer 10 years old girl, Soo Hyuk-ah. No matter what I said, she will never listen. In her minds, she has to save you no matter what.”

Soo Hyuk just releases a deep sigh when heard that from Woo Bin. After a long silence then he speak up again.

“But still…why don’t you just do anything to hold her?”

“Look at me, Soo Hyuk. Everything that Yura said is true, no matter how I deny it…. You are my best man and her savior. No matter now or later, she still will become one of us. So, why is it not now if it’s can save you?”

“We are not protecting Yura because we afraid her to become one of us. I know one day he will turn to us. But, we are protecting her blood from our enemies…don’t you know, Woo Bin-ah?”

“But, you are not anyone else. You are part of this family. I agreed with her because it was you who she wants to save and not anyone else….” Soo Hyuk sighs.

Soo Hyuk doesn’t believe what he heard especially when he heard it from Woo Bin. He knew Woo Bin since they were 15 years old. They have been through all the hardship together so he knew Woo Bin better. For him, even though they have become a friends for long but he always respect Woo Bin for everything.

“Do you know why I came to your family at the very first place?” Woo Bin look up and see Soo Hyuk at his eyes.

“It’s because of Yura’s blood…I want to be immortal…” Woo Bin shocked to hear that even though he never wondering why before this.

“After been part of your family, assist you with almost everything and watched Yura grew in front of my eyes…to become immortal is not my interest anymore. Do you know why?”

“…It’s because I want to be more like a human. I took medical education because I want to do research on how we can naturalize our blood to become normal…to watch Yura is always in danger makes me realize that this is not the life that I want…I want to have a normal family and feel pain.”

“But now, it seems that it almost impossible for me to become human…” Now, Soo Hyuk feels relieves that he has told Woo Bin everything. Both of them stay in silence and try to replicate everything in their minds.

Soo Hyuk’s eyes then catch something hanging on the wall near his bed. He remembers that the day he was attacked was his birthday. He closes his eyes and smiles in disbelief.

“Did she celebrate my birthday on that day?” Soo Hyuk asks Woo Bin.

“She even bought you the bow.” Woo Bin pointed to the wooden bow hanging on the wall.