Chapter 10

ThE sEcReT . . .

Today, Woo Bin has a second meeting with Wolf’s leader.

“I have thought about your deal and we agree.”

“Thank you. I will invite you for the next meeting to announce about it.”

“No, actually it’s our honor to have a deal with you. And, I have wanted to apologize for my rudeness on the previous meeting.”

“Don’t mention. I knew your intention. By the way, have you considered about my suggestion?”

“Yup, I will send you one of our members to be a personal guard for your sister. He will be here tonight.”

“Thanks."

 

Late at that night, Yura is sleeping on her bed. She opens her eyes when she could feel a wind blow her hairs. The window is wide open and maybe Aunty Mimi forgot to close it.

Yura go down from her bed and walk to the window. She stops at the window and look up at the dark sky with the sparkling stars. She points her fingers and tries to grab the star while smiling. She maybe 20 years old but she still behaves like a kids when she see starts.

“Do you like stars that much?” Someone voice could be heard and makes Yura shocked. She turns to the voice. She almost screams when she see someone stands by leaning at the wall and staring at her.

“Who are you?” Yura ask. The man come closer to her and Yura could see the face clearly.

“Don’t worry, I’m not your enemy.”

“How would I know if you are my enemy or not? Who are you?”

“Don’t be afraid of me. I’m here to protect you. By the way, my name is Kris. Your brother asks me to be your personal guard.”

“But he did not mention anything to me.”

“I’m sorry, I’m supposed to be a silent guard. I shouldn’t have shown myself to you.”

“What you mean?”

“You and I are from different world. Vampire and Wolf shouldn’t be an ally and cannot make a deal but your brother and our leader broke the rules by making a deal. I can see why your brother asking us to protect you.”

“Why?”

“It’s because his sister is not normal.”

“What?”

“A girl wake up in the middle of the night and playing with the stars…That looks weird to me. I think your brother should have sent you to serenity instead of asking for the personal guard.”

“How rude! You can go now. I don’t need a guard. I can take care of myself.”

“Well, I’m sorry I can’t leave even though I want it. Since the deal has been made so either you like it or not, you have to welcome me as your personal guard.”

“I will talk to my brother tomorrow to cancel off the deal.”

“Go ahead if you want your brother to get killed.”

“What you mean?”

“I think you are still doesn’t know the rule. I mean our rule and not the Government rule. If you call off the deal before the agreed period, then you has to pay the compound….and yes, it’s with your life.”

“Are you trying to scare me?”

“No, you can go ahead and ask your brother if you want. I bet your brother will do anything for his sister.”

“Is it to make you my personal guard is also part of the deal? I can ask my brother to change you with someone else. I don’t need a rude guard.”

Kris just smile. Actually, he doesn’t prepare an answer for that question.

“Unfortunately, it’s only me available.”

“I will talk to your leader then. How can I meet him?”

“He is not around at the moment. If you want to meet him then you have to wait for few days. By the way, our place is in a deep wood.”

“I don’t mind. Just let me know when he is available. Now, I want to sleep. Since you have to guard me for a few days, then please do your job right.”

Kris is looking at Yura who is now already on the bed. He smiles secretly.

“Owh, by the way…I want to close the window earlier before you scare me. But after I have to hear your story then I totally forgot about it. If you don’t mind, can you please help me to close the window? It’s windy.”

Kris show his disbelief looks. Somehow, he still walks to the window and close it.

“I thought vampire have to stay in cold.”

“I could hear you. Can you please quiet so I can have a quiet sleep?” Yura grab her comforter to her chest before she goes to sleep.

Kris just stays beside her bed while watching her sleeps.

 

Yura could feel the heat from the sun and she opens her eyes slowly. She yawns and rubs her eyes.

“Morning.” Yura turns to look at the voice. Kris who is standing beside her bed smiles look at her.

“Don’t tell me you are standing there since last night.”

“Unfortunately, the answer is ‘yes’.”

“You don’t sleep?”

“I cannot close my eyes even for a second.”

“Why? Is Wolf doesn’t sleep?”

Kris just smile to hear that. He then walks to door before he turns to look at Yura.

“I will be outside when you take your shower. Scream if there is anything.”

“Wait! You didn’t answer me yet.”

“There is not in the agreement that I have to answer all your questions.”

“I bet there is not in the agreement for you to be rude to me as well.” One thing about Yura is that she hates to lose.

Kris walks to Yura and stand close in front hear. Due to his height, Yura has to look up a bit to look at his face.

“It’s up to you on how you define rude. As for me, rude is when someone touches the others without their consent. As far as I know, I didn’t do anything to you that will make me looks rude to you.”

“You said that it’s up to me on how I defined rude. So for me, whatever you said last night was rude to me.”

“Which part? Is it when I said that you look weird and should be sent to serenity? Well, I’m only said what was came to my mind. So, if you felt hurt because of that then I’m sorry.”

“Sorry? You should have said it last night. It’s too late now.” Yura then walk to the bathroom leaving Kris alone.

When he is about to close the door, he could hear a scream from the bathroom. He then runs fast to the bathroom and open the door.

He sees Yura standing in front of the door while crossing her hands.

“What happen?” Kris asks Yura while looking around the bathroom. He looks worried.

“Nothing.”

“What?”

“I just want to test how fast you can reach here. Well, it’s quiet fast.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“Well, you can leave now. I want to take shower.”

Kris holds his anger inside and walks out from the bathroom.

“By the way, you are forgiven.” Yura said before she close the door. Kris smirks. He cannot believe that he lost to Yura.