Chapter 40

ThE sEcReT . . .

One fine day, Woo Bin invites Hyorin to his mansion. For the first time, he brings home a girl and she is human. Except for Aunty Mimi and Dr. Lee, Hyorin is the third human that knew about who he is.

“Wow, I never know that this kind of house exist in this town.” Hyorin looks amazed with how big the mansion is with the huge land and forest around the mansion.

“This is our family's ancient mansion built 100 years ago without anyone know about its existence.”

“You and your family like to keep secret.”

“We have to in order to get survive among the human.”

“Why you should be afraid of human? You are more powerful compare to human.”

“We are not afraid of human but we don’t want to harm the innocent human. We all just like you. We prefer peace than war. But since we are different from human and can be classified as rare species so we love to stay hiding and low.” Woo Bin explains to Hyorin.

“You make yourself sound like you are a weirdo.”

“Weirdo? What is that?”

“It’s mean your mind set is always think beyond others and crazy.”

“So, you wanna said that I sound crazy but in more polite way?”

“Well, you can just simplify it as that way.”

Woo Bin walks Hyorin around the mansion while talking about this and that.

“Do you have enemy?”

“Like a human that fighting with a bad guy, we do have bad guy from our side too. Well, it’s actually part of a nature to have good and bad, right? It’s to make the world balance.”

“You don’t sound panic to have enemies, do you? Is it because you have power to fight and also you can't be killed?”

“Vampire has the ability to turn off and on the button for how they behave. Even though we are not human, but we still have humanity which mean we can feel all kind of human’s feeling including panic and scare. But once we off the button, we will turn to a fierce predator vampire. We are no longer afraid of anything and no more humanity.”

“Will you be able to turn on and off the button anytime you that want?”

“It does require a lot of practice to do that. Some might able to do so and some might not. That’s the reason why there are ‘kind’ vampire and ‘bad’ vampire.”

“Predator, huh? It sounds scary to me.” Woo Bin laugh when sees Hyorin’s scary face.

“Do you scare of me then?” Woo Bin asks Hyorin.

“Okay, let me ask you one thing, Will you turn off your button if you are with me?”

“Why should I? You mean no harm to me. Loving other people is one of human’s natures.”

“So, you love me?”

“Of course I am. What do you think the reason why I reveal my secret to you and showing you my home?”

“Are you not afraid of me telling everyone about your secret?”

“Will you?” Woo Bin replied Hyorin with a question too.

“Oppa….” At that time, there is a young girl calling for Woo Bin and walking towards them.

“Why are you here?”

“I haven’t seen you since morning. Aunty Mimi said that you are here so I came looking for you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Who is she? Is she your friend?” Yura asks to Woo Bin while looking at Hyorin.

“Owh, she is my friend, Hyorin. Hyorin, this is my sister, Yura.”

“You never told me that you have a lovely sister.”

“Since you have accompany then I don’t want to disturb you. I will meet you tonight during dinner.”

“I’m sorry, okay.”

“No worries. Bye, Hyorin unnie.”

“Bye, Yura.”

“You have a beautiful sister but you never told me about her.”

“She doesn’t know about being a vampire.”

“She doesn’t know you are a vampire? So, is she human?”

“She had a vampire blood inside her body. She is still not fully turned yet until she reaches 20 years old.”

“That’s amazing how you kept that secret from her. Didn’t she notice anything?”

“So far I don’t think she realizes anything yet. But, she does ask a lot of question.”

“So how long will you keep a secret from her?”

“If possible, I want to make her stay like who she is now forever.”

“You mean, you don’t want her to be a vampire like you? But why?”

“It’s because she is my little sister. Even though she is 15 years old now but she is still my baby sister. I will not allow anything to harm her. She means a world to me.”

“You love her!”

“Yes, very much.”

“I think then you don’t need another woman in your life.”

“Wait, you do sound like you are jealous.”

“Who? Me? You think I’m jealous with your sister? No way.”

“Yes, you are…”

***

At that night, Woo Bin and the others run to the field behind the mansion. He cannot believe his eyes when he sees Zartan and his men breach to his mansion.

“Why are you here, Zartan?”

“Ah, I’m truly sorry to interrupt your night, your highness.” Zartan said while half bow towards Woo Bin. Everyone knows that he is not sincere with the greeting.

“I’m asking you why you are here!!”

“Since I came without the invitation, so just let me straight to the point. I want your sister.”

“You want what?”

“I want the princess.”

Woo Bin looks fierce. “How dare you came to my place without my permission and dare to ask for my sister??” Woo Bin said then with a strong voice.

“Well, I knew it’s going to happen, my dearest prince. So, I came with well prepare.”

One of the Zartan’s man then bring out a woman and make everyone looks shocked especially Woo Bin.

Hyorin! She is struggling to get release from Zartan’s man.

“I bet you knew her, My Lord.”

“Leave her alone, Zartan. She should not be part of this. She is not…”

“I know. She is not a vampire but human. Well, you know what…you shouldn’t fall in love with a human at the first place. Looks now, she had to suffer more than you do.”

“I said leave her alone, Zartan.”

At that time, Sung Joon makes a move towards Zartan but Zartan is faster than him. He threw Sung Joon away and makes him not to move. Soo Hyuk, Jong Hyun and Jong Suk also seem been paralyzed as they cannot move forward or do anything.

“Unfortunately, your followers have made me mad now.” Zartan scream loud and breath hard right in front of Woo Bin.

“What do you want, Zartan?”

“I already told you since the beginning. I want your sister. Gives her to me and I will leave here quietly. No war and peace.”

“Do you think I will just hand her to you that easily?”

“I know you won’t. So, I have asked one of my men to accompany your sister and sing her a lullaby.” Zartan said while pointing at the mansion. There is one man standing at the Yura’s veranda.

Woo Bin suddenly becomes angry and make him turn. Hyorin shocked to look at Woo Bin. This is the first time she sees Woo Bin like this. Woo Bin that she knew is very gentle and caring.

“If you dare to lay a finger on her, I will kill you.”

“Well, how about we negotiate? Make a deal. Give me Yura’s blood and you can have your sister unharmed.”

“Not even her blood, even her one string hair also I will not allow you to have it.”

"Don't be so rude to me since I'm oldest than you."

"You are the one who supposed not to be rude to me, Zartan. I'm the highest level than you."

"Well, I'm sorry for being rude, Your highness. So now, can we make a deal?"

"There is no deal for you. You may go to hell."

“Okay, whatever you say. We cut off the deal then. “ Zartan said with smile and he move closes to Hyorin’s neck before he stops.

“Wait, I wonder what will be your choice…between your girlfriend and your sister?” Zartan looks at Woo Bin.

“What?”

“My Lady, I bet you also wonder who your boyfriend loves the most, right. Anyway, I really want to taste your blood so I really hope that he choose his sister instead of you.” Zartan try to play with the mind and psychology and makes Hyorin looks scare to heard that.

“No, please.” Hyorin cried out. She looks scare.

“I give you 10 seconds to decide. Only one will be survived. It’s either your innocent human girlfriend or lovely little princess.”

“I will give you anything that you want but please don’t harm her.”

“Negotiation is already off, remember? You have 8 seconds left. Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock…” Zartan said while smiling.

Woo Bin has to made a choice. He looks at Hyorin’s face and the tears. He turns to look at the mansion where his sister being and then turns to look at Hyorin.

“I’m sorry!” Woo Bin said to Hyorin.