Chapter 9

ThE sEcReT . . .

“Are you ready to know who you are? Who is your family?” Woo Bin ask Yura again. Yura just look straight to his brother’s eyes. The color of his eyes is chocolate, so Woo Bin is in his normal state.

“I’m scare, oppa.” Woo Bin almost tear up when hear that one word from Yura. He gives her a hug.

“You are not alone. I’m always here with you.”

Woo Bin release the hug and look at his sister.

“Listen to what I’m wants to say.” Yura nods to Woo Bin.

“We are different from human. We have something that makes us different from them. We have supernatural power. The reason why the wound can heal by itself is because you have the power or ability to heal. You ae now 20 years old and it’s time for you to receive the power and turns to one of us.”

“What you means by ‘turns’? Am I turns to a monster?”

“No, my dear. We are not monster. You will not become a monster unless you really want to become one.”

“But, I saw you that night…”

“Hmm…okay…It’s like a superman who has a power when he wears the costume, it same goes to us. We cannot use our human body when we use the power. The body cannot bear it. So, we have to ‘turn’ our self to our origin. ” Explain Woo Bin.

“Do you think I’m a kinder garden? Superman?” Woo Bin scratches his head. He feels relieves to see Yura’s smile.

“It’s hard to explain.”

“You don’t have to, Oppa. Actually, I have known everything. But, it’s hard for me to believe it and honestly…I don’t want to believe it.”

“I know it’s hard for you to accept all this. I have the hard time to accept this also before. You are my only sister that I have, so I try to keep this from you. Believes me, I want to keep it a secret forever if I can.”

“That’s why you sent me to Farm house every year?” Yura ask Woo Bin.

“The fortnight party is where all the vampires will gather. And you are the first baby girl born of 100th generation, so you have a blood where can make a person immortal. They can smell you if you stay in mansion during the party. That’s what happens on that night.”

“I’m sorry, oppa. I always thought that you hate me and ashamed of me.”

“Hate you? Why should I? You are the only family that I have.”

‘If Mom and Dad can sacrifice their lives to protect you, why I cannot sacrifice myself?’ Woo Bin said in his heart. He will keep the truth behinds their parents dead as a secret forever. Yura shouldn’t know about it.

“If I ask you one more thing, please don’t angry with me.”

“What is it?”

“Am I fully ‘turn’ to one of you?”

“Before that, can I ask you something?” Yura nods to Woo Bin.

“How you feel when you knew about it?”

“At first I cannot believe that you and the rest are vampire…I thought it just a dream.”

“Do you hate the reality that we are not human and different?”

“No. I hate when you keep it a secret from me. I hate when I knew you and the rest try to keep me away from whom I really am. Why should I hate it because we are different from others? I’m your sister and a daughter in the family. I inherit this gene from Mom and Dad. I should be proud instead of ashamed of it, right?”

Woo Bin smile to Yura to hear that from . He holds Yura.

“You are different from me. I still hate the reality that we are not human. But now, I think my mind has change. You are right. Why should we ashamed since we have this from our parents, right?”

“I knew why you felt like that. It is because you keep everything on your shoulder. You have your friends who loyal to you but seem you don’t fully trust them.”

“I cannot trust anyone.”

“I know. Now, you have me and I will always be a person that you can trust.”

“My sister now has grown.”

“I have to since I have a crybaby brother.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you are. If not, you will not cry besides my bed the night when I had the accident.”

“You knew?”

“Of course I am.”

“I thought you are sleeping.”

“Of course I am. But, I have a good ear.”

Woo Bin pinch Yura’s cheek. He is actually glad that Yura can accept everything with smile.

“So, now you have to answer my question.”

“You are not fully ‘turn’ yet until…until I want you to.”

“What you mean?”

“My blood…you have to….”

“Why? We have the same blood right?”

“It’s part of the ritual. It is because you are born as a girl and you need the man blood for you to fully turn.”

“So, I will not ‘turn’ to one of you till I have your blood?”

“I have tried to keep a secret from you because I thought I can protect you from involve with this. Even though I realize that one day you will be in danger when others hunting you because of your blood, and I still want you to be pure and normal.”

“But one thing you didn’t realize, oppa. I’m still one of you. I cannot stay pure and normal even though I don’t have your blood.”

“Yes, I forgot about that. I also almost forgot that you are no longer 8 years old kid.”

“I will be good to you, oppa. I promise.”

“Why?”

“I know it’s hard for you to raise me and protect me. You are still young when Mom and Dad died and you have to take over everything. I’m glad that I have you. At least I would not be alone in this world.”

“I’m glad to have you too. You know how much I love you, right?”

“More than you love your girlfriend?”

“I don’t have one now. But, if I do…you are still the most important to me.”

“Promise?”

“Yes, I promise.”